Mafia vs Village ALLCAPS INVITATIONAL Mafia - Game Over: ALMOSTS Win! Postgame P13

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

SANDSy.​

Welcome to the ALLCAPS INVITATIONAL, an all-out brawl between seventeen of the finest challengers. The VILLAGE, the majority of the players heralding from previous games, look to avoid the unapologetic chaos experienced in prior ALLCAPS multifactions. The ALLSTARS want to prove, once again, they're the best. The ALMOSTS want to prove, for the first time, they're not just coulda-beens.

RULES
You may NOT paste any part of your Role PM, you may NOT make any screenshots of the conversation, you may NOT invite anyone to your Role PM conversation.
You may tell people about your role but again, you can't C/P things. This means no fakes are needed.
If you have an information role, the only thing you may C/P from your result is the WC. You may summarize the info you got from your role but you cannot C/P a full role PM when nobody could counter it.

IRC channel is #BIGS3, you will find it helpful to join. If you make a channel for your faction, please invite me (Yeti). If you make a spreadsheet for your faction, please add me.

Submit all actions in your Role PM conversation as a new reply. No need for a new convo for each night. OR if I am on IRC as Yeti ONLY, you may submit there if I respond to your action with something along the lines of "k." If you don't get a response or I was on another nick I was probably AFK.

If you need to reach me on Tuesdays or Fridays, you will need to Smogon PM me. I intern all day those days and will NOT be on IRC until after 7pm PST, so if there was a deadline that day and you had a question, don't rely on IRC.

Lynches are every day, please bold your vote, format anything USER. Ties will result in a no lynch. The day will end after the set deadline or after a majority that cannot be contested on any one USER.

Nights will last 48 hours to start but may end early if all actions are in. They will be shortened to 24 hours as the numbers dwindle. If a night ends on Tuesday or Friday it will end at 8pm PST instead of 48 hours. I do not give extensions for inactivity or idling scrubs, you all know this, the only reason an update would be delayed is if something came up irl for me.

No kills on N0. After that, expect anything.

Standard anti-clowning rules. You all should know the spirit of things by now, ask me if you need something clarified that's not explicitly said here.

Also if it wasn't obvious enough from the game flavor/sign up thread, all role names on the VILLAGE were in a previous ALLCAPS game. They may or may not have the same roles they originally appeared with. These games can be found in the Game Listing.

A note for those not familiar with my XGuard rules: my BGs cannot self-target. My SGs can self-target. My Omniguards cannot self target. Other randomguards will depend on the role.

Dear USER,
You are X.

The amount of keks I give this game is top.

You are a Vigilante. For every 2 dead villagers, you gain a kill.

You may respond to this conversation with NX - USER. That user will be killed.

You are allied with the VILLAGE. You win if the ALLSTARS and ALMOSTS are eliminated.
Sample PM, not that you'll particularly need it because no fakes.

ALIVE (2)
Gale Wing Srock
gmax

DEAD (17)
Maleovex / The Whale / User-Specific Rogue with Controlled Resurrection + 1-Time All Town Backup / VILLAGE / Mislynched (again) Day One
Walrein / The Black X-Man / User-Specific Rogue with Kill Reverse / VILLAGE / Impaled on a star Night One
rssp1 / MUDSY / Safeguard / VILLAGE / Almost strangled Night One

WMax / ??? / Left Night One
shade / Red Panda / Action Line Inspector + Tracker / ALMOSTS / Lynched Day Two
Aura Guardian / Krakatoa / Hooker / VILLAGE / Impaled on a star Night Two
Slim Guldo / Ullar's Friend at School / Village Role Absorber / ALLSTARS / Almost drowned Night Two
AMax / ??? / Left Night Two
billymills / Sora / Goon Inheritor / ALMOSTS / Lynched Day Three
zorbees / Bride of UncleSam and Walrein's Love Child / Inspector + Mayor / VILLAGE / Impaled on a star Night Three
sunny004 / The Sun / Time Switcher / VILLAGE / Almost shot Night Three

IMax / ??? / Left Night Three
Da Letter El / The PINK's Chances / Hooker / ALMOSTS / Lynched Day Four
LightWolf / jigglypuffers42 / Martyr / ALLSTARS / Almost had a heart attack while having sex with a corpse for his snuff film Night Four
FMax / ??? / Left Night Four
UncleSam / pokemonrocks777 / Switchguard / ALLSTARS / Lynched Day Five
UMax / ??? / Impaled himself on a star to save <SNIP> Night Five
Flyhn / Shining Latios / Inspector / ALLSTARS / Lynched Day Six
ALLSTARS Eliminated Day Six

Blazade / MR. SANDSMAN / Bodyguard / VILLAGE / Almost choked on a turkey leg Night Six
CMax / ??? / Left Night Six
KMax / ALMOSTS Alias / Left Night Seven

jalmont / The Pumpking / Team-Specific Rogue with Instant Revive / VILLAGE / Almost bashed in by an Emmy award Night Eight
penguin344 / Geordi La Forge / Team-Specific Rogue with Perma Vote Negation + Role PM Reveal Non-Revive / Almost back from the dead Night Nine

The roles were assigned via RNG, an ALLCAPS classic. This list was also RNGed, not copied directly from the playerlist like SOME people have done.

It is now Night Zero. N0 will end in 48 hours, 3PM PST 4/13, or all actions in. Don't be late!

Role PMs all out. # B I G S 3

Last edited:

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yeti said:
You may NOT paste any part of your Role PM, you may NOT make any screenshots of the conversation, you may NOT invite anyone to your Role PM conversation.
You may tell people about your role but again, you can't C/P things. This means no fakes are needed.
What exactly are we allowed to do; for example, if we say our role name, that could in theory be seen as 'c/pd' from our role pm but could also not be seen as that.

I.e. what are we allowed to tell others/the thread about our roles

Also my inbox is now open for your claims~

Yeti

dark saturday
you can state your role name and role and obv WC but the village's is in the OP so.

not your action line or anything else that is detailed enough someone, like you, could go THIS IS CLEARLY FAKE BECAUSE IT DOESNT FOLLOW THE FIBONACCI SEQUENCE or some bs

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
i'm operating under the assumption that claiming role name/ability etc is fine, we just can't c/p flavor text or anything like that yeti 3fast5me

also feel free to claim to me if you're bored

I will be leading this village I am a good role for leader (to be divulged later, probably D1) and have the role name Ho-oh.

I expect everyone to send me their role names ASAP so that I can have something to hold you to later. If you're willing to tell me the general realm of your role (ie info, control, protective, etc) than I can give good targets for those with a minimum of risk but I expect all the mafia among you will cry when I ask for that so ya.

tl;dr I'm leading send me role names asap tyty

Yeti

dark saturday
I UPDATE

wHOA, no deaths. What a SHOCKING surprise!

It is now Day One. D1 will end at majority or in 49ish hours at 2 PM PST 4/15. I'm just reading a novel at my internship so I can do a quick day update on my lunch break, but we have a lunch with the assistants so I'm not sure when that'll end.

Also, WMax has joined the game! This fine fellow is now on the playerlist.

Results all out, go crazy. No response means you succeeded and nothing happened to you you'd get a result for.

Last edited:

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
While no statement I'm about to make should be construed as suggesting or recommending that any person commit an illegal act of any kind, you should realize that I appear to have gotten ahead of myself here. I assume you already know that LightWolf's shenanigans are contrary to international human rights and humanitarian standards so let me begin this letter by remarking that I myself frequently wish to tell LightWolf that it is probably safe to assume that his inveracities emphasize the formation of small units of complacent plenipotentiaries that can avoid detection by authorities, strike quickly and disperse, and, to some extent, punish dissent through intimidation, public ridicule, economic exclusion, imprisonment, and most extremely, death. But being a generally genteel person, however, I always bite my tongue.

I might be able to forgive LightWolf, but only if he promises never again to assuage the hungers of his confreres with servings of fresh scapegoats. It's astonishing that he has been able for so long to get away with creating catchy, new terms for boring, old issues. I can't think of anything that better illustrates the failure of our justice system to deal with such pesky goat lords.

On rare occasions, in order to preserve their liberties, sometimes people must convert houses of worship into houses of favoritism. LightWolf does that even when his liberties aren't being threatened. There's only one true drama queen around here, and he's the one wearing the crown. To inform you of the grounds upon which I base my tactics, I offer the following. It is pointless to fret about the damage already caused by his slovenly credos. The past cannot be changed. We must cope with the present if we hope to affect our future and adduce abundant evidence that his policies are indistinguishable from the ones he condemns. Nevertheless, LightWolf intends to create a new social class. Fork-tongued pronks, stuporous provincials, and incompetent twerps will be given aristocratic status. The rest of us will be forced into serving as their partners in crime. If we intend to defend democracy, we had best learn to recognize its primary enemy and not be afraid to stand up and call him by name. That name is LightWolf.

LYNCH LIGHTWOLF

I have never nor do I ever anticipate regretting such a choice.

Remember, LightWolf is always mafia except the times he isn't.

(Credit to DLE)

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
It is imperative that I give you the following information, which LightWolf wants concealed from the public. For openers, what we're seeing is a domino effect of events that started with LightWolf stating that once he has approved of something it can't possibly be cankered. That prevarication incited his loyalists to pollute the great canon of English literature with references to LightWolf's intemperate ebullitions. Confrontational, sullen used-car salesmen reacted, in turn, by enacting new laws forcing anyone who's not one of LightWolf's plenipotentiaries to live in an environment that can be described, at best, as contemptuously tolerant. The next domino to fall, not surprisingly, was a widespread increase in collaborationism, and that's the event that galvanized me to tell everyone that LightWolf's detachment from, or denial of, the truth is not just a political tactic or say-anything-to-please character flaw. It reveals an elemental attitude that he shares with irresponsible perverts: attacking my character.

I receive a great deal of correspondence from people all over the world. One of the things that impresses me about all of it is the massive number of people who realize that LightWolf has compiled an impressive list of grievances against me. Not only are all of these grievances completely fictitious, but LightWolf insists that merit is adequately measured by his methods and qualifications. That lie is a transparent and strained effort to keep us from noticing that he has gotten carried away with aiding and abetting careless deviants in their efforts to detach individuals from traditional sources of strength and identity—family, class, private associations. It's pretty clear from this lack of restraint that he would use cheap, intemperate propaganda to arouse the passions of execrable sociopaths, all at the drop of a hat. It's therefore imperative that we reveal some shocking facts about his paroxysms, as doing so will let LightWolf know that while we do nothing, those who spoil the whole Zen Buddhist New Age mystical rock-worshipping aura of our body chakras are gloating and smirking. And they will keep on gloating and smirking until we drain the swamp of influence-peddling and the system of pay-to-play.

The LightWolf-induced era of sham and deceit and pretense will draw to a close eventually. The reason is clear. You might say, “The mot juste for describing LightWolf's insinuations is most probably 'putrid'.” Fine, I agree. But I like to challenge people to set the stage so that my next letter will begin from a new and much higher level of influence. I realize that that's a tall order, but LightWolf uses obscure words like “protobasidiomycetous” and “conventionalization” to conceal his agenda to elevate his assertions to prominence as epistemological principles. I find that having to process phrases with long words like those makes me feel hoodwinked, inferior, definitely frustrated, and angry. That's why I strive for utmost clarity whenever I explain to others that I want to shout back at LightWolf's propaganda. But first, let me pose an abstract question. What will be the outcome of LightWolf's quest for world hegemony? I apologize if this disappoints you, but my intent was only to elucidate the question, not to answer it. I shall therefore state only that if LightWolf doesn't like it here, then perhaps he should go elsewhere. In short, I feel we must put to rest Pecksniffian and jejune adages such as LightWolf's. I hope other members of the community feel the same.

LYNCH LIGHTWOLF

unvote

This letter is excerpted from a much longer essay I wrote on the topic of how LightWolf's positions are but a speck in a constellation of methodologies used by antiheroism to sue people at random. To keep this version short I elided all of the discussion pertaining to LightWolf's efforts to perpetuate myths that glorify extremism. Here's my side of the story: He's unhappy that people like me want to enlighten the mind of Man and improve him as a rational, moral, and social being. Such cavils notwithstanding, any rational argument must acknowledge this. His warped, yellow-bellied exegeses, naturally, do not. LightWolf's cause is not glorious. It is not wonderful. It is not good.

LightWolf's bread-and-butter tactics involve throwing away our freedom, our honor, and our future. I mean, think about it. The diplomatic and technical skills acquired through the creation of institutions and treaties geared towards placing a high value on honor and self-respect can provide powerful models and experience for announcing that we may need to picket, demonstrate, march, or strike to stop LightWolf before he can take away what few freedoms we have left. If you want to clear up these muddied waters with some reality, then tell everyone you know the truth, that there are some neurotic battologists who are maledicent. There are also some who are unenlightened. Which category does LightWolf fall into? If the question overwhelms you, I suggest you check “both”.

There has been little scientific or scholarly analysis of LightWolf's inerudite, uncompanionable arguments. This is a glaring omission in strategic discourse, one that can be rectified only by examining how if it turns out that there's no way to prevent LightWolf from requiring schoolchildren to be taught that the bogeyman is going to get us if we don't agree to his demands then I guess it'll be time to throw my cards on the table and call it quits. I'll just have to give up trying to keep the lines of communication wide open and accept the fact that moral relativism is not merely an attack on our moral fiber. It is also a politically motivated attack on knowledge. Here's a specific example of the way in which irresponsible finaglers like LightWolf are all alike: He wants to tell everyone else what to do.

LightWolf is an indefatigable spokesman for incendiarism. Surely, LightWolf is not too drossy to realize that. The acid test for his “kinder, gentler” new maneuvers should be, “Do they still engage in an endless round of finger pointing?” If the answer is yes then we can conclude that LightWolf keeps saying that he is omnipotent. This is exemplary of the nonsensical rhetoric and scaremongering that typifies the language of raucous social outcasts and other reckless know-nothings.

The largest problem, however, is that I suppose it's predictable, though terribly sad, that infantile, gruesome dodos with stronger voices than minds would revert to choleric behavior. But LightWolf, like all randy self-promoters, is misinformed. I do have to apologize for that; not all of them are misinformed. Just kidding; yes they are. All such humor aside, I contend I know why LightWolf has been committing senseless acts of violence against anyone daring to challenge his bumptious pranks. He considers it an interesting sociological experiment for determining whether people can be influenced to meddle in everyone else's affairs. I'll end this letter with a personal invitation to LightWolf himself: If you care to respond to what I wrote, please do, especially if you think that I am being inaccurate or unfair. I do not wish to misrepresent you in any way whatsoever. Pax vobiscum.

Therefore by the powers that be, and by the power that I possess within me, I am bound to public service and thus may unquestionably have only one decision. What decision am I talking about? The decision to VoTe LightWolf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)