Alola Formes

Status
Not open for further replies.
All right, time to call it. After careful consideration, Eevee General and I have chosen which submissions to add to the archive. These submissions were judged partially on the extent of their creativity, on how far they could go, and how different they could be from the original Pokemon. This partially depended on the visual and behavioral description of the Pokemon, and the justification for how they came to be like that. However, they were also judged on restraint. They were judged on how well the submitters could color within the lines, so to speak, and on reasonable self-restriction of which moves and abilities to give to these Pokemon. While there is no official limitation on adding and removing moves outside the types being changed, moves that strayed too far from their associated type were not looked on well. We tried to pick the submissions we thought most closely followed the conventions of Game Freak's own creations, and so, without further ado, here are our final selections:

Geodude line: Vannilish Wafer's Psychic/Steel

Krabby line: Dilasc's Fighting/Normal

Ponyta line: Stitch98's Water/Rock

Oddish line: G-Luke's Fire/Ghost

Shellder line: The Reptile's Poison/Electric

Yanma line: colourcodedchaos's Electric/Ice

Dratini line: Angry2's Fire/Poison

Raikou: The Ruins of Alpha's Ghost

Entei: the someone's Fairy

Suicune: bp scrub's Flying

I want to thank everyone who submitted something for our very first slate! Remember not to get discouraged if you don't see your name above! I also want to ask you guys to not only keep submitting new Alola Formes for upcoming slates, but invite even more to try their hand! Half of the selected submissions this time had no competition at all, so let's see if we can't cut that number down! If you've been watching the Olympics, you know that competition breeds quality, as everyone strives for the best. Here's hoping for a good future to this Pet Mod!

New slate and archive update tomorrow, I need to sleep. This took 5 hours on mobile.
New slate is up, check post #2! You've only got one week, so get those creative juices flowing!

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Yay! I won! On account of being completely unchallenged!

Eh, I'll take the victory. Still, I'd be interested to know what the judging panel thought of my Yanma. =]
Ditto, except Raoul > Yanma.

Also I noticed you said you could see Yanma in PU... I can see it getting usage as high as RU. It got given a lot of great moves, like Spore, Quiver Dance, amazing coverage (not that it needs much besides its STABs). I can see a set of Spore / QD / Blizzard / Thunder with compoundeyes working. Also a scarf or specs set. Same stuff goes for Yanmega, except better, higher tiered. Ice typing and being walled by chansey (I think? Chansey might be sleep and set up bait but I'm on mobile so can't calc) are the only things holding it back from being s tier ou possibly.

I know I have no authority here but my personal feedback is... maybe tone it down a little? You put a lot of work into making it good competitively, and it definitely is, but why does dropping Attract for Earth Power, Aura Sphere, or Power Gem make flavorful sense? Why doesn't it gain any of the weaker moves of its new types?

I like the design, it sounds like frozen lightning. Magnet wings are bae. Well Magnetism wings not like what Magnemite has.

Hope I was constructive. I'm not trying to bash, I wouldn't have bothered to type this out if I hadn't liked it.

I just realized that Dragonite and its evo line already have 4 fire moves that I added.. making it +13.. Ehh, it doesn't matter, into some sets:-

Dratini @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body/Rough Skin
Level: 5
EVs: 36 HP / 80 Atk / 196 SpA / 196 Spe
Mild/Hasty Nature
- Overheat
- Extreme Speed
- Thunderbolt/Iron Tail
- Ice Beam/Iron Tail

I think it would be safe to assume Dratini is still LC-level so I made an LC set for it except.. I suck at LC so I just took a set for Dratini and "Improvised" it to some degree, It has BoltBeam, It has STAB Overheat which hits hard when combined with its extra SpA and LO and not a lot can really survive, ES to pick weakened enemy, and you can use Iron Tail which was used before as a way to defeat fairies.. but not it is used to defeat Rock types, Also both of its ability make physical attackers cri.

Dragonair @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Surf

I can see Dragonair getting into RU quite easily due to its typing and stats, Its 100 Speed is quite high for the tier allowing it to basically destroy through the opponent's team, It can defeat a lot of pokemons like Bronzong/Glalie-Mega (Which obviously is terrifying there as you may guess)/Virizion without speed investment

I will be dropping Dragonite soon and possibly another sets too, I wonder if the Alolan forms would be enough to basically change the OU tier here (Making some OU mons useless and making UU mons increase and be more useful at counter threats etc.)

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I just realized that Dragonite and its evo line already have 4 fire moves that I added.. making it +13.. Ehh, it doesn't matter, into some sets:-

Dratini @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body/Rough Skin
Level: 5
EVs: 36 HP / 80 Atk / 196 SpA / 196 Spe
Mild/Hasty Nature
- Overheat
- Extreme Speed
- Thunderbolt/Iron Tail
- Ice Beam/Iron Tail

I think it would be safe to assume Dratini is still LC-level so I made an LC set for it except.. I suck at LC so I just took a set for Dratini and "Improvised" it to some degree, It has BoltBeam, It has STAB Overheat which hits hard when combined with its extra SpA and LO and not a lot can really survive, ES to pick weakened enemy, and you can use Iron Tail which was used before as a way to defeat fairies.. but not it is used to defeat Rock types, Also both of its ability make physical attackers cri.

Dragonair @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Surf

I can see Dragonair getting into RU quite easily due to its typing and stats, Its 100 Speed is quite high for the tier allowing it to basically destroy through the opponent's team, It can defeat a lot of pokemons like Bronzong/Glalie-Mega (Which obviously is terrifying there as you may guess)/Virizion without speed investment

I will be dropping Dragonite soon and possibly another sets too, I wonder if the Alolan forms would be enough to basically change the OU tier here (Making some OU mons useless and making UU mons increase and be more useful at counter threats etc.)
Why would Dratini run Iron Tail for Fairies with a *4 resist and powerful supereffective STAB to nail them anyways?

And Dragonair would more likely run Sludge Bomb over Surf, as its STABs have surprising neutral coverage.

Why would Dratini run Iron Tail for Fairies with a *4 resist and powerful supereffective STAB to nail them anyways?

And Dragonair would more likely run Sludge Bomb over Surf, as its STABs have surprising neutral coverage.
What I meant was normal Dratini runs Iron Tail for Fairies, Also Dratini and Dragonair are actually Fire types, Dragonite is Fire/Poison, And therefore Dragonair doesn't learn sludge bomb yet anyway

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
What I meant was normal Dratini runs Iron Tail for Fairies, Also Dratini and Dragonair are actually Fire types, Dragonite is Fire/Poison, And therefore Dragonair doesn't learn sludge bomb yet anyway
Oh lol. Its cuz how Mac posted it

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
I wonder if the Alolan forms would be enough to basically change the OU tier here (Making some OU mons useless and making UU mons increase and be more useful at counter threats etc.)
Definitely. I'm not sure how far this Pet Mod will go and whether or not we'll get to Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova or Kalos pokemon, but if we keep changing Kanto/Johto Pokemon, we'll give alternate forms to like 20% of OU, and some other Alolan Pokemon could become viable.

If we go as far as "Regional Formes" as you said earlier about making formes for different Region instead, Then we surely are going to get a fair amount of new toys enough to change all tiers, which would be interesting

Pokemon: Yanma-A
New typing: Electric/Ice
New abilities: Compound Eyes, Frisk Levitate, Speed Boost Prankster
New stats: 65/45 (-20)/40 (-5)/100 (+25)/40 (-5)/100 (+5)
New/removed moves:-
Removed: Detect, Facade, Leech Life, Steel Wing, Reversal, Foresight, Attract (Total: 7)
Added: Blizzard, Thunder, Discharge, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Electrify, Glare, Freeze-Dry, Frost Breath, Volt Switch, Power Gem, Earth Power, Quiver Dance, Spore (Total: 14)
Flavor/Design: Yanma-A's colour scheme switches to electric blue, and its wings are changed to seem almost like forcefields. Its large goggle-looking eyes are now a very pale grey, as are its legs. Its body is also rather different, forming the shape of a stereotypical lightning bolt. In the Alola region, they are revered as the protectors of children, and they are often seen to herd lost children safely down from their mountain homes. When they swarm they tend to head for city skylines, since they're the most full of light; the night sky is lit up by their bright blue glow, and the cities often hold street parties in the Yanma's honour.

Pokemon: Yanmega-A
New typing: Electric/Ice
New abilities: Frisk Levitate, Speed Boost Prankster, Tinted Lens Adaptability
New stats: 98 (+12)/46 (-30)/70 (-16)/116/70 (+14)/115 (+20)
New/removed moves:
Removed: Detect, Facade, Leech Life, Steel Wing, Reversal, Foresight, Attract, Mimic (Total: 8)
Added: Blizzard, Thunder, Discharge, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Electrify, Glare, Freeze-Dry, Frost Breath, Volt Switch, Power Gem, Earth Power, Aura Sphere, Trick, Quiver Dance, Spore (Total: 16)
Flavor/Design: While the normal Yanmega's form goes darker when it evolves, Yanmega-A grows brighter, its electric blue body glowing with power and its forcefield-wings holding it aloft with sparks dancing between them. Its eyes and the markings on its body are a pale silver rather than red, and those markings have adopted the shape of stylized lightning bolts. Its body is streamlined for flight and its prominent spikes are now swept back, rather like the dorsal fins of sharks. Yanmega-A are far more active than their prevolution, actively hunting down those who would harm children and corralling them. As such, they are a popular choice of partner for police officers, who trust their honourable nature and appreciate their battling prowess.

===

If anyone's willing to do art for this, please PM me, I'd love to hear from you. I wanted to do a very offensive Pokémon, and STAB Adaptability BoltBeam off 116 SpA is certainly that. Also, I wonder if Yanma-A's gonna show up in PU... =]

===

Pokemon: Krabby-A
New typing: Rock/Psychic
New abilities: Hyper Cutter Leaf Guard, Shell Armour Fur Coat, Sheer Force Unaware (HA)
New stats: 60 (+30)/105/75 (-15)/10 (-15)/55 (+30)/20 (-30)
Removed Moves: Stomp, Whirlpool, Round, Captivate, Flail, Bubble Beam, Leer, Swagger (8)
Added Moves: Cosmic Power, Aromatherapy, Diamond Storm, Zen Headbutt, Acupressure, Acid, Dual Chop, Sleep Powder, Cross Chop, Miracle Eye, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Earthquake, Petal Blizzard, Nature Power (15)
Flavor/Design: Based on the teddy bear crab, which is adorable and fluffy and cute, Krabby-A is a very sturdy physical wall that can also function as a non-terrible Life Orb sweeper. In Alola, Krabby are seen kind of similarly to hippies, living in rural areas far from the sea in large colonies or ashrams. They spend a lot of their time communing with nature and harvesting the local grasses for reasons... best known to themselves.They also pick flowers and enjoy garlanding each other with them. Though they are gentle, rather simple creatures, they are not unwilling to attack should their peace be under threat by the intrusion of predators or the man, maaaaaan.

Pokemon: Kingler-A
New typing: Rock/Psychic
New abilities: Hyper Cutter Leaf Guard, Shell Armour Fur Coat, Sheer Force Simple
New stats: 85 (+30)/130/115/25 (-30)/80 (+30)/45 (-30)
Removed Moves: Stomp, Whirlpool, Round, Captivate, Flail, Leer, Bubble Beam, Swagger (8)
Added Moves: Cosmic Power, Aromatherapy, Diamond Storm, Zen Headbutt, Acupressure, Acid, Dual Chop, Sleep Powder, Cross Chop, Miracle Eye, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Earthquake, Petal Blizzard, Nature Power, Growth (16)
Flavor/Design: Now, this is a highly unusual Pokémon in terms of strategy. Rock as a typing is not commonly noted for its defensive prowess, but with access to Cosmic Power + Simple and a defensive statline of 85/115/80, you can become a horrendous wall to deal with. Fur Coat + Iron Defence can also make it an excellent physical wall, though one does then run the risk of having a Grass Knot sweeper come in and ruin your day. There's also potential. Kingler-A's place in Alolan folklore is that of a guardian of nature, though immensely friendly (and just plain immense) towards humans who live selfless lives - something it has an uncanny knack of determining. Kingler tend to be the centrepiece of Krabby ashrams, and the Krabby will weave elegant and elaborate patterns of grass and flowers into the Kingler's thick, shaggy fur.

===

Anyone wanting to do art for these guys is also welcome. =]

EDIT: Apparently it's only one entry per slate. Huh. Oh well.
I don't know how I missed this before, but you've added too many moves. Since both Yanma and Yanmega were dual-typed originally, you can only add as many moves as you subtract. Not that that should have been a problem, because you neglected to remove a staggering 13 Bug and Flying type moves from Yanma, and an extra one from Yanmega! Normally I would ask you to fix this yourself, but since I was just about to add this to the archive, I'll do it myself. Also, I need to point out that just like Rest, Facade should not be removed from any Pokemon, as it is learned by literally every single Pokemon capable of learning TMs.
Vetoes: Facade, Attract, and Mimic will be retained.
Spore and Trick will not be added.
Replaced Electrify with Thundershock.
Replaced Freeze-Dry with Powder Snow.
This is my fault for not catching this earlier. Hopefully in the future I can point out problems like these sooner so the submitters have a chance to fix it themselves.

Pokemon:
Solosis
New typing: Psychic/Fighting
New abilities: Overcoat / Pure Power (Replaced Magic Guard) / Regenerator
New stats: 45 / 10 (-20) / 50 (+10) / 90 (-15) / 60 (+10) / 45 (+15)
New/removed moves: Brick Break, Close Combat, Cross Chop, Force Palm, Hammer Arm, Mach Punch, Wake Up Slap
Flavor: When the Reuniclus line was imported to Alola, they took shelter in the rocky cliffs of a high mountain. The Reuniclus line found more use for it's arms than their minds in there, and learned to harness their physical power.
Design: Solosis-A has short stubs that act as arms and their heads are smaller than the traditional Solosis. Solosis-A is now a kind of muddy green hue.

Pokemon: Duosion
New stats: 65 / 30 (-10) / 55 (+5) / 100 (-25) / 65 (5) / 55 (+25)
New/removed moves: Brick Break, Close Combat, Cross Chop, Force Palm, Hammer Arm, Mach Punch, Wake Up Slap
Flavor: When the Reuniclus line was imported to Alola, they took shelter in the rocky cliffs of a high mountain. The Reuniclus line found more use for it's arms than their minds in there, and learned to harness their physical power.
Design: Duosion-A has gained arms the same size as regular Reuniclus and has a thicker body and smaller head than regular Duosion. Duosion-A is now a kind of muddy green hue.

Pokemon: Reuniclus
New stats: 135 / 48 (-17) / 82 (+7) / 100 (-25) / 90 (+10) / 55 (+25)
New moves: Brick Break, Close Combat, Cross Chop, Force Palm, Hammer Arm, Mach Punch, Wake Up Slap
Design: Reuniclus-A has gained 2 extra arms in addition to the two arms regular Reuniclus has and has a smaller head than regular Reuniclus. Reuniclus-A is now a kind of muddy green hue.

When everybody posts Gen 1-2 pokemon and your here with gen 5 .3.
We're using a slate system here, so I'm sorry to say you'll have to wait until the Solosis line is on it. As of right now, the next slate isn't up yet, so please hold off on submissions for a little while. Hopefully, the next slate will be up within the next 4 hours! I just have to finish copying last round's picks into the archive first.

Last edited:
I wanted to add a Special Water/Dragon Gyarados, but I though I might be criticized for not thinking extreme enough, so I decided to go EXTREME!!!

Albeit, I wanted a type that had some form of precedence, that made sense, rather than being random. I might be able to think of something even better with enough thought. Think of this as me getting my feet wet.

Initially, I was gonna just do a Water Arcanine, based on the leaks, and perhaps based upon Woofpool:

But seeing as how a leak reveals this might actually be real, I decided to go for another Alola form based upon another old Pokégod: Frozone! I would have chosen Ghostly and Hellraiser instead, but we already have Fire/Ghost alternate form!

Official Data Research Log:
"Due to most of the Gengar family preferring to live in places uninhabited by man, and the mountains being a perfect, undisturbed habitat, a population has chosen the freezing peaks as a home. Over generations, they have changed to use the mountain's icy nature for themselves. And ancient legend claims that using the mountains as a transition point from which to travel to other islands has caused them to change over time into a modern undead ball of ice. It has been theorized that due to being possibly from another dimension, that they are capable of taking on different forms based on their environment. Rumors abound of Gastlies and Haunters that appear to be on fire inhabiting volcanoes and villages old that have been abandoned due to volcanic activities at night."

Gastly-A
Ability: Levitate (unless I can think of anything better) HA: Snow Cloak
Stats: Unchanged (I think we can all agree that the Gengar line's stats are perfect for an Ice type

Haunter-A
Ability: Levitate; Snow Cloak (HA)
Stats: Unchanged

Gengar-A
Ability: Levitate; Snow Cloak (HA)

Mega Gengar-A
Mega Ability: Shadow Tag (unless we can think of anything better)

Added moves:
Avalanche, Blizzard, Flash, Frost Breath, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Light Screen, Safeguard, Thunder Wave, Water Pulse, Weather Ball (+11)

Removed...moves:
Clear Smog, Fire Punch, Sludge Bomb, Smog, Sunny Day, Venoshock, Will-O-Wisp (-7)

Edit: Decided to change Hidden Ability to Snow Cloak. It just makes more sense, since Gengar is already blisteringly fast enough, and I want to make Gengar-A have some sort of niche.

Last edited:
I wanted to add a Special Water/Dragon Gyarados, but I though I might be criticized for not thinking extreme enough, so I decided to go EXTREME!!!

Albeit, I wanted a type that had some form of precedence, that made sense, rather than being random. I might be able to think of something even better with enough thought. Think of this as me getting my feet wet.

Initially, I was gonna just do a Water Arcanine, based on the leaks, and perhaps based upon Woofpool:

But seeing as how a leak reveals this might actually be real, I decided to go for another Alola form based upon an old Pokégod: Frozone! I would have chosen Ghostly and Hellraiser instead, but we already have Fire/Ghost alternate form!

Official Data Research Log:
"Due to most of the Gengar family preferring to live in places uninhabited by man, and the mountains being a perfect, undisturbed habitat, a population has chosen the freezing peaks as a home. Over generations, they have changed to use the mountain's icy nature for themselves. And ancient legend claims that using the mountains as a transition point from which to travel to other islands has caused them to change over time into a modern undead ball of ice. It has been theorized that due to being possibly from another dimension, that they are capable of taking on different forms based on their environment. Rumors abound of Gastlies and Haunters that appear to be on fire inhabiting volcanoes and villages old that have been abandoned due to volcanic activities at night."

Gastly-A
Ability: Levitate (unless I can think of anything better) HA: Snow Rush (unless I can think of a better name. Basically doubles speed in Hail)
Stats: Unchanged (I think we can all agree that the Gengar line's stats are perfect for an Ice type

Haunter-A
Ability: Levitate; Snow Rush (HA)

Gengar-A
Ability: Levitate; Snow Rush (HA)

Mega Gengar-A
Mega Ability: Shadow Tag (unless we can think of anything better)

Added moves:
Avalanche, Blizzard, Flash, Frost Breath, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Light Screen, Safeguard, Thunder Wave, Water Pulse, Weather Ball (+11)

Removed...moves:
Clear Smog, Fire Punch, Sludge Bomb, Smog, Sunny Day, Venoshock, Will-O-Wisp (-7)
As stated in the above post, this is a slate-based system. And a good name for Snow Rush imo would be Bobsled

As stated in the above post, this is a slate-based system. And a good name for Snow Rush imo would be Bobsled
Slates? Yeah, I assumed that we could still submit stuff, and they'd be bumped to the next slate? Assuming I'm not told to delete this, Snow Rush will be changed to Bobsled from this moment forward. I think it is about time the Gengar line got a Hidden Ability, even if it is only good on niche teams.

Edit: I've decided upon further thought that Gengar is already fast enough, so Bobsled would be a wasted ability on Gengar. I gave him Snow Cloak instead, so he might at least have a niche to play with (albeit not in competitive battles except for maybe Anything Goes; using him in a Battle Facility might fun).

I think Bobsled should be saved for a slow or moderate Alola form Pokémon.

Last edited:
Slates? Yeah, I assumed that we could still submit stuff, and they'd be bumped to the next slate? Assuming I'm not told to delete this, Snow Rush will be changed to Bobsled from this moment forward. I think it is about time the Gengar line got a Hidden Ability, even if it is only good on niche teams.
The Slates are chosen then the submissions are made, Not the other way around, The slate here is not like in Fusion Evolution, Here the pokemon are chosen and we make their formes, Also in case you did not realise, You can not add more abilities than a pokemon originally had neither can you add unofficial or "new" abilities yet, Also I just wanted to note that the submissions would've been illegal due to adding more moves than removing them and not changing any stats (not exactly illegal I think, but would give this less chances to be chosen)

The Slates are chosen then the submissions are made, Not the other way around, The slate here is not like in Fusion Evolution, Here the pokemon are chosen and we make their formes, Also in case you did not realise, You can not add more abilities than a pokemon originally had neither can you add unofficial or "new" abilities yet, Also I just wanted to note that the submissions would've been illegal due to adding more moves than removing them and not changing any stats (not exactly illegal I think, but would give this less chances to be chosen)
Oops, I should have read the whole thing before before diving right in! I guess I just wasted my time crafting a (IMHO) rather nice form for Haunter. And the chances of Gengar being chosen for the next slate are...well, I guess that my post is probably gonna end up deleted, isn't it?

Though about having more moves added than deleted: I suppose I could choose some more moves, though I honestly only wanted to remove moves that an Ice type definitely couldn't use. The Gengar line is funny, because they don't learn many Poison moves that I could have removed. Not Acid, Sludge. I did my homework, and removed attacks that Froslass (closest thing to Gengar) either couldn't move, or it wouldn't make sense for Gengar to learn as an Ice type. Though I did somehow miss Poison Jab, a move that Froslass can't learn. Assuming that my faux post hasn't been deleted, I'm probably address that, since I'm OCD, and it will only take me a few seconds anyways.

Pokemon: Zangoose

New typing: Steel
New abilities: Vital Spirit / Hyper Cutter
New stats: 73 / 117 / 64 / 50 / 58 / 96 (Total 458)
New Moves : Iron Head , Iron Defense , Bullet Punch , Sucker Punch , Flash Cannon , Snarl (6)
Removed Moves : Icy Wind , Blizzard , Shock Wave , Solarbeam , Waterpulse , Giga Drain (6)

The Zangoose in the Alola region adapted to better fend off venomous snake Pokémon like Seviper. Becoming a Steel-type Zangoose's immunity becomes full proof and it becomes more viscous and powerful than before.

It loses most of it's special coverage options here but in return gains some decent steel stab, priority replacement with Bullet Punch and Sucker Punch and some special moves replaced with Flash Cannon and Snarl. It didn't feel right taking away normal moves like Body Slam or Crush Claw.

Vital Spirit and Hyper Cutter are kind of lackluster abilities over all but they are fitting. Zangoose gets another immunity to status and it's spirits are of course high now that it can safely take out those Seviper while Hyper Cutter prevents it being intimidated into backing down.

Stats are slightly tweaked, making it a little faster and a little stronger but at the cost of it's special attack and defense.

[WIP]
Pokemon: Magnemite
New typing: Psychic/Normal
New abilities:
New stats:
New/removed moves:
Flavor/Design:

Pokemon: Magneton
New abilities:
New stats:
New/removed moves:
Flavor/Design:

Pokemon: Magnezone
New abilities:
New stats:
New/removed moves:
Flavor/Design:
Edit: MacChaeger , Eevee General , Can we use a Signature move while making the Alolan-Formes if we give enough flavor into it? to be more exact, Techno Blast to Magnemite family

Last edited:
I can't think of anything for the new slate that is quite...well...inspiring or purposeful like my test run. Chances has it, any Alola forms that I make will both make sense in that they adapt to suit their environment while also having some form of competitive potential.

Edit: I have to wonder what would happen if I got rid of Mantine's double weakness. I'm going to sit on this idea for the night, and see if I can come up with a bit of a backstory, and then punch it in tomorrow, assuming I don't get any work hours tomorrow. Technically, I can add 30 to his Special Attack, due to there only being a 40 gap. That 110 Special Attack and 140 Special Defense has potential. In fact, I could technically just leave 1 Attack, and shunt it to Defense, but that'd probably be on the edge of cheating! He could use a little more speed, so maybe take a little Special Defense and add it to that?

Double Edit: Maybe I'll evolve it right here. I already have this idea for a more predatory Electric/Water Mantine (similar to the one that fought the Nautilus in one version of A Thousand Leagues Under the Sea). Naturally, those electric attacks would come in handy for eating shellfish.

Last edited:
Pokemon: Swinub
New typing: Fire/Ground
New abilities: Oblivious / Flash Fire / Dry Skin (Hidden Ability)
New stats: 50 / 50 / 30 / 30 / 20 / 70
New Moves: Fire Blast, Fire Fang, Flare Blitz, Sunny Day, Flamethrower, Solar Beam
Removed Moves: All Ice-type moves
Flavor/Design: See Mamoswine

Pokemon: Piloswine
New typing: Fire/Ground
New stats: 100 / 100 / 70 / 60 / 50 / 70
New Moves: See Swinub
Removed Moves: Swinub
Flavor/Design: See Swinub

Pokemon: Mamoswine
New typing: Fire/Rock
New stats: 110 / 130 / 70 / 70 / 50 / 100
New Moves: See Swinub
Removed Moves: See Swinub
Flavor/Design: The Alolan Swinub family have adapted to volcanic habitats, and have thus shed a significant portion of their fur, lowering their defenses, but raising their speed. Swinub and Piloswine retain the Ground types of their non-Alolan cousins, but much like a non-Alolan Mamoswine's tusks are made of ice, an Alolan Mamoswine's tusks are made of rock, thus granting it the Rock type.

Last edited:
Pokemon: Zangoose
New typing: Dark
New abilities: Quick Feet (Tough Claws)
New stats: WIP
Flavor/Design: Zangoose becomes more fluid and slick looking, and has longer and sharper claws. Its body is now dark blue, which helps it become harder to detect at night. Its red streaks turns black, and the marking on its chest is turned upside-down. It has adapted to being a nocturnal hunter, and is able to deal with its rival while it sleeps.

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Pokemon: Murkrow
New typing: Fire/Flying
New abilities: Vital Spirit/Super Luck/Solar Power (Hidden Ability)
New stats: 80/80/42/80/42/81 (+20/-5/0/-5/0/-10)
New moves: Ember, Fire Spin, Flamethrower, Lava Plume, Flame Charge, Will-o-Wisp, Blaze Kick, Heat Wave, Morning Sun, Gust, Focus Energy, Cosmic Power, Defog (13)
Removed moves: Rain Dance, Astonish, Night Shade, Shadow Ball, Assurance, Feint Attack, Foul Play, Sucker Punch, Torment, Quash, Snatch, Flatter, Haze (13)
Design: Gets a third leg (this is based on a three-legged crow) and the bluish black feathers becomes reddish black. The typical hat that Murkrow has becomes more of a ribbon.

Pokemon: Honchkrow
New typing: Fire/Dragon
New abilities: Vital Spirit/Super Luck/Drought (Hidden Ability)
New stats: 75/115/62/105/62/86 (-25/-10/+10/0/+10/+15)
New moves: Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Breath, Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance, Fiery Dance, Solar Beam, Overheat, Incinerate, Fire Blast, Inferno, Flare Blitz, Dazzling Gleam, Gravity, Healing Wish, Stored Power, Flash, Weather Ball, Nature Power (19 = 13 from new type + 6 removed)
Removed moves: Night Slash, Swagger, Thief, Embargo, Payback, Dream Eater
Design: Same thing as Murkrow, with the added features of the white feathers becoming deep red, the red feathers becoming blue with orange hues.

Flavor: Murkrow, known as Yamikarasu in Japanese, gets a subspecies based on the Japanese Yatagarasu (reversed your name origin, gg Gamefreak). Yatagarasu is the three-legged sun crow, so Murkrow becomes a Fire/Flying type. Honchkrow becomes a Fire/Dragon type with emphasis on it being a creature sent by the sun god that is more powerful than the Chinese dragon or the phoenix in legends. The in-lore explanation for this is pretty simple, instead of remaining a nocturnal Pokemon, Murkrow becomes a diurnal Pokemon. Instead of being feared as a symbol of misfortune, it becomes a symbol of guidance. The "Big Boss Pokemon" becomes a boss for diurnal Pokemon and not some shady nocturnal gang. Following this diurnal theme, the first ability is the "diurnal" version of Insomnia which Murkrow gets, the second ability remains the same but for a "good" reason (this crow has luck because it is helped by the will of Heaven), and the third ability is based on it being a... well, sun-based Pokemon.
With that Region/Route lore idea in mind, this would probably be found in Hoenn, since it is by far the sunniest region so far and the closest we have to a sun god is Groudon. It could actually be an Alolan subspecies because Alola is tropical and sunny as well, but it is a Japanese legend and Hoenn is based on a part of Japan so...

I tried very hard to make this "not 100% outclassed by Mega-Charizards"
RIP Honch's Priority

Guess I should get started on Electric Boogaloo Mobula.

I might make some concept art at a later time, assuming I can pull myself from politics for a long enough time.
So far, I'm imagining the major differences will be a different jaw, similar to what are basically two plates that stingrays use to crush shellfish, electrical markings that light up when about to attack, and a lightning bolt-shaped stinger.

Naturally, things are subject to change to make him more competitively viable/have better flavor.

Pokémon: Mantyke
Alola Typing: Water/Electric
Abilities: Swift Swim/Volt Absorb/Water Absorb (HA)
Stats: 80/80/50/10/80/55
Differences to look for: when attacking, electrical generator patterns (I'm thinking they'd look similar to Kyogre-Primal or a Sharkopath from The Future is Wild) light up like a Christmas tree. The scoops are now residual, pointy things, due to not needing to eat shellfish, on which the eyes are placed to the side, like real life cow-nose rays and mobula (I'm sure there are other classes of rays that have this as well, but you get the idea!).

Pokémon: Mantine
Abilities: Swift Swim/Volt Absorb/Water Absorb (HA)
Stats: 100/100/70/20/100/75
Differences to look for: Still has patterns that light up when attacking. Has a tail that has a vague lightning bolt shape, somewhat bigger (but assuredly much stronger) jaws. The scoops are similar to that described for Mantyke-A. I'm actually thinking of placing them on top like most stingrays, due to seeing an opportunity to make Mantine closer to his biological real life cousins, but don't know if that would be too extreme a change to accept.

New Moves:
Charge Beam, Magnet Rise, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Thunder Fang, Thunder Wave, Volt Switch, Wild Charge (+8)
Moves That Went Bye-Bye:
Air Slash, Bulldoze, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, Splash (-6)
Moves that would make sense flavor wise, but nobody would want to use anyways: Supersonic, Take Down (2)
Total Removed: 8

Moves I want to add (for flavor or coverage), but can't remove enough attacks for: Bite, Charge, Crunch, Dazzling Gleam, Discharge, Flash, Ice Fang, Ion Deluge, Poison Fang, Shock Wave, Signal Beam (10)

Too bad there aren't enough Flying moves to trade in for.

Official Data Log Entry:
"A deep sea bottom feeder variant of Mantine. While most of members of the Mantine family eats plankton, this variant preys on shellfish Pokémon such as Clamperl and Shellder using their electricity-generating muscles to stun their prey, and then use their massive, plate-like mouths to crack through hard shells."

Edit: Due to suggestion, I have changed Mantine-A into a somewhat bulky Physical attacker.

P.S. Game Freak: we need a physical Electric attack 80 or above that doesn't cause harm to the user. Like now! If I were allowed to, I'd just add Thunder Tackle or Bolt Fang, and cal it a day.

Last edited:
Guess I should get started on Electric Boogaloo Mobula.

I might make some concept art at a later time, assuming I can pull myself from politics for a long enough time.
So far, I'm imagining the major differences will be a different jaw, similar to what are basically two plates that stingrays use to crush shellfish, electrical markings that light up when about to attack, and a lightning bolt-shaped stinger.

Naturally, things are subject to change to make him more competitively viable/have better flavor.

Pokémon: Mantyke
Abilities: Surge Surfer/Volt Absorb/Water Absorb (HA)
Stats: 80/10/50/80/80/55

Pokémon: Mantine
Abilities: Surge Surfer/Volt Absorb/Water Absorb (HA)
Stats: 100/20/70/100/100/75

New Moves:
Charge, Charge Beam, Dazzling Gleam, Discharge, Flash, Ion Deluge, Magnet Rise, Shock Wave, Signal Beam, Thundershock, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Volt Switch (+13)
Moves That Went Bye-Bye:
Air Slash, Bulldoze, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, Splash (-6)
Moves that would make sense flavor wise, but nobody would want to use anyways: Acrobatics, Aerial Ace, Bounce, Bullet Seed, Headbutt, Slam, Supersonic, Take Down, Wing Attack (-7)
Total Removed: 13

Official Data Log Entry:
"A deep sea bottom feeder variant of Mantine. While most of members of the Mantine family eats plankton, this variant preys on shellfish Pokémon such as Clamperl and Shellder using their electricity-generating muscles to stun their prey, and then use their massive, plate-like mouths to crack through hard shells. These Mantines have more sensitive bodies, and while appreciate affection and food like their more well-know cousins, might shock divers who aren't gentle. They also won't tackle enemies like the Common Mantine might."
Sorry to say this again but this submission may need some work, the first is Surge Surfer being an illegal ability due to the fact it is not 'released' yet, The second is the moves that "Would make sense but no one would use them", Most of them are pretty common moves that a lot pokemon learn (At least nearly all pokemons learn headbutt, and it won't make sense for Mantine NOT to have it), I am sure that the Mantine would still be able to fly (in their life at least while preying on shellfish) and therefor something like Acrobatics and Aerial Ace and Bounce would be needed, Ya know? Also normally, the moves removed would be moves that would not make sense to keep after such an "adaptation", and obviously there is not a lot of sense to remove them currently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)