Alola Formes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to say this again but this submission may need some work, the first is Surge Surfer being an illegal ability due to the fact it is not 'released' yet, The second is the moves that "Would make sense but no one would use them", Most of them are pretty common moves that a lot pokemon learn (At least nearly all pokemons learn headbutt, and it won't make sense for Mantine NOT to have it), I am sure that the Mantine would still be able to fly (in their life at least while preying on shellfish) and therefor something like Acrobatics and Aerial Ace and Bounce would be needed, Ya know? Also normally, the moves removed would be moves that would not make sense to keep after such an "adaptation", and obviously there is not a lot of sense to remove them currently
No that's fine, part of the point of commenting is for feedback. And I honestly didn't want to remove Headbutt, Acrobatics, Aerial Ace, or Bounce, but that would mean removing an equal number of moves, and I want Mantine-A to have an arsenal of Electric Moves to use (plus Signal Beam, which makes sense flavor wise). Plus, I've removed what measly Attack Mantine has to boost Special Attack and a little in Speed. Mantine-A I guess is supposed to be a Specially bulky attacker, similar to Lanturn I guess, but I think he'd play that role well.

It's true that Mantine-A could fly, though using that to attack physically, not so much. It could use moves like Wing Attack, but it wouldn't want to use them, since he's evolved to sacrifice physical strength to power long-distance attacks.

Should I still limit Mantine-A's new attacks just so he can retain the physical moves he would never use anyways? The problem is, I don't want to reduce it to just 6-8. I could probably get rid of Charge, Ion Deluge, Discharge (makes flavor sense, but Thunderbolt is better anyways. Still, it could be useful for mono-Electric teams, so I'd hate to remove it outright...), and Thundershock, but I definitely want to keep all of the others, making for a total of 9 new moves.

And I'd hate to remove Surge Surfer. It's perfect, an electrical version of Swift Swim that might give him a niche on Electric Terrain teams. A total of 150 Speed + Agility might give him a niche. Then again, it's not like he can learn Roost I guess, so mileage may vary...

I guess I might have to replace that with Swift Swim though, which sucks. Still, it isn't like there isn't a precedence where an Alola form gets a brand new ability, though it does suck that there is only one precedence.

Still, thanks for the feedback. At the very least, I'll think about it, and see what others say I should do.

Pokemon: Whismur
New typing: Normal / Ghost
New abilities: Rattled (Scrappy)
New stats: 54(-10)/51/18(-5)/61(+10)/23/33(+5) Total: 240
New/removed moves:
Removed Moves: 0
Net Loss: 0

New Type2 Moves: Shadow Sneak, Dark Pulse, Snarl, Lick, Night Shade, Will-O-Wisp, Confuse Ray, Nasty Plot
Net Gain: 8

Pokemon: Loudred
New abilities: Cursed Body (Scrappy)
New stats: 74(-10)/71/33(-10)/81(+10)/43/58(+10) Total: 360
New/removed moves:

New Moves: Shadow Sneak, Dark Pulse, Shadow Punch, Snarl, Lick, Night Shade, Will-O-Wisp, Confuse Ray, Nasty Plot, Sucker Punch, Taunt
Net Gain: 11

Pokemon: Exploud
New abilities: Cursed Body (Scrappy)
New stats: 94(-10)/86(-5)/53(-10)/106(+15)/73/78 (+10) Total: 490
New/removed moves:

New Moves: Shadow Sneak, Shadow Punch, Dark Pulse, Snarl, Lick, Night Shade, Will-O-Wisp, Confuse Ray, Nasty Plot, Sucker Punch, Taunt
Net Gain: 11

Flavor/Design: WIP

EDIT: Alolan Tropius be like:

Last edited:
No that's fine, part of the point of commenting is for feedback. And I honestly didn't want to remove Headbutt, Acrobatics, Aerial Ace, or Bounce, but that would mean removing an equal number of moves, and I want Mantine-A to have an arsenal of Electric Moves to use (plus Signal Beam, which makes sense flavor wise). Plus, I've removed what measly Attack Mantine has to boost Special Attack and a little in Speed. Mantine-A I guess is supposed to be a Specially bulky attacker, similar to Lanturn I guess, but I think he'd play that role well.

It's true that Mantine-A could fly, though using that to attack physically, not so much. It could use moves like Wing Attack, but it wouldn't want to use them, since he's evolved to sacrifice physical strength to power long-distance attacks.

Should I still limit Mantine-A's new attacks just so he can retain the physical moves he would never use anyways? The problem is, I don't want to reduce it to just 6-8. I could probably get rid of Charge, Ion Deluge, Discharge (makes flavor sense, but Thunderbolt is better anyways. Still, it could be useful for mono-Electric teams, so I'd hate to remove it outright...), and Thundershock, but I definitely want to keep all of the others, making for a total of 9 new moves.

And I'd hate to remove Surge Surfer. It's perfect, an electrical version of Swift Swim that might give him a niche on Electric Terrain teams. A total of 150 Speed + Agility might give him a niche. Then again, it's not like he can learn Roost I guess, so mileage may vary...

I guess I might have to replace that with Swift Swim though, which sucks. Still, it isn't like there isn't a precedence where an Alola form gets a brand new ability, though it does suck that there is only one precedence.

Still, thanks for the feedback. At the very least, I'll think about it, and see what others say I should do.
You should keep in mind you are trying to make a normal pokemon, not a totally competitive pokemon, In other words I do not really see removing attack would be a think GF would do (I would say they would actually buff it or something) and what we are trying is to make a pokemon similar enough to normal GF pokemons

"It could use the attacks but it wouldn't" Not learning them in movepool = Not able to use them (Do not care about Anime logic :P)

I know, but surge surfer is not released yet, I mean, Berserk for example would be perfect for an electrode or a Primeape, but since it is not released yet.. you know, they can not have them yet, Because they *may* change the effects of an ability or things like that, and basically it is like the Flying or fighting or whatever gem, we know they are coming the next generation but we still can not use them

You should keep in mind you are trying to make a normal pokemon, not a totally competitive pokemon, In other words I do not really see removing attack would be a think GF would do (I would say they would actually buff it or something) and what we are trying is to make a pokemon similar enough to normal GF pokemons

"It could use the attacks but it wouldn't" Not learning them in movepool = Not able to use them (Do not care about Anime logic :P)

I know, but surge surfer is not released yet, I mean, Berserk for example would be perfect for an electrode or a Primeape, but since it is not released yet.. you know, they can not have them yet, Because they *may* change the effects of an ability or things like that, and basically it is like the Flying or fighting or whatever gem, we know they are coming the next generation but we still can not use them
Well, I can't help myself with the competitive part. I like my Pokémon to be good in battle, that's just how I am. And if I could, I'd leave Attack, alone, and Buff Special Attack and Speed to a decent 90 or 100. But the rule is there is no free lunch, right?

And if it were up to me I'd both keep most of the those attacks if I didn't have to limit the new move pool at the same time. Guess I'll have to limit Mantine-A's electrical arsenal, even though I don't want to.

And, sigh, good-bye Surge Surfer. It would have been excellent flavor and function wise. I guess Swift Swim it is...

Well, I can't help myself with the competitive part. I like my Pokémon to be good in battle, that's just how I am. And if I could, I'd leave Attack, alone, and Buff Special Attack and Speed to a decent 90 or 100. But the rule is there is no free lunch, right?

And if it were up to me I'd both keep most of the those attacks if I didn't have to limit the new move pool at the same time. Guess I'll have to limit Mantine-A's electrical arsenal, even though I don't want to.

And, sigh, good-bye Surge Surfer. It would have been excellent flavor and function wise. I guess Swift Swim it is...
I am not from the "council" and therefor can not tell you to change a pokemon or anything, Just giving advice to let the mantine have higher chances to be accepted ya know, I just saw some big problems and decided to note it out in case you want to change it, no more --except for surge surfer--

I'd have to check with Eevee General but I have no problem with using Gen 7 abilities, as long as we know approximately what they do. Forme-changing abilities like Schooling are definitely off-limits, though. As for the moves, on the other hand, I find it hard to believe that a Pokemon with big, powerful mandibles would have a paltry 20 base Attack and no biting moves. Might I suggest shifting to a more physically oriented stat spread and movepool to capitalize on the defining feature of this submission? Either that, or explain how Alolan Mantine can have less attack than a Luvdisc.

Reactions: JES
MacChaeger Maybe tagging in an edit doesn't really go into the alerts but as I was asking in the edited post earlier, Can we use signature moves, or more exactly, Can we use say, techno blast on a magnemite (if we give enough flavor I mean)

Pokemon
: Chinchou (Alolan)
New typing: Fairy/Steel
New abilities: Light Metal, Illuminate (Motor Drive)
New stats: 55(-20)/38/48(+10)/56/66(+10)/67 (330 Total)
New/removed moves:
Removed: Bubble, Water Gun, Bubble Beam, Aqua Ring, Hydro Pump, Charge, Discharge, Ion Deluge, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Hail, Rain Dance, Scald, Wild Charge, Surf, Waterfall, Dive, Brine, Water Pulse, Soak, Mist, Whirlpool, Icy Wind (-23)
Added: Fairy Wind, Baby-Doll Eyes, Disarming Voice, Misty Terrain, Moonblast, Flash Cannon, Gyro Ball, Iron Defense, Metal Shot, Mirror Shot, Iron Head, Metal Sound, Magnet Rise, Moonlight (+14)
Flavor/Design: In terms of design, it's grey-colored, with a metalic texture. The "lightbulbs" look more like lightbulbs. It's fins have turned into triangular "wings" similar to an airplane. Most people believe Chinchou would be a good predator, but the amount of competition and predators preying on them was too much, and they turned to the land. Initially, they had trouble with grass types, but they turned into Steel types and changed their electric energy into something more effective to them. They are most often seen during the night, where they help humans by lighting up paths.

Pokemon: Lanturn (Alolan)
New typing: Fairy/Steel
New abilities: Light Metal, Illuminate (Motor Drive)
New stats: 95(-30)/58/78(+20)/76/96(+20)/67(-10) (460 total)
New/removed moves:
Removed: Bubble, Water Gun, Bubble Beam, Aqua Ring, Hydro Pump, Charge, Discharge, Ion Deluge, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Hail, Rain Dance, Scald, Wild Charge, Surf, Waterfall, Dive, Brine, Water Pulse, Soak, Mist, Whirlpool, Icy Wind, Aqua Tail (-24)
Added: Fairy Wind, Baby-Doll Eyes, Disarming Voice, Misty Terrain, Moonblast, Flash Cannon, Gyro Ball, Iron Defense, Metal Shot, Mirror Shot, Iron Head, Metal Sound, Iron Tail, Magnet Rise, Moonlight (+15)
Flavor/Design: It's grey colored and metalic. The two lights on it's head antenna are more like street lights now. It's thiner, and has legs instead of fins. The eyes are black with yellow pupils. It is meaner then Chinchou, and uses it's lights to hunt prey. They are particularily viscious to grass types, as some form of revenge for giving them trouble previously. However, it is still helpful to humans occasionally, so it keeps it's Fairy type.

I appreciate feedback and am open to any changes, just nothing too drastic.

EDIT: Gave them some backstory to explain why they turned into Steel/Fairy types.

EDIT 2: Gave them Moonlight. They're associated with the night and recovery is very nice to have competitively.

Last edited:
I'd have to check with Eevee General but I have no problem with using Gen 7 abilities, as long as we know approximately what they do. Forme-changing abilities like Schooling are definitely off-limits, though. As for the moves, on the other hand, I find it hard to believe that a Pokemon with big, powerful mandibles would have a paltry 20 base Attack and no biting moves. Might I suggest shifting to a more physically oriented stat spread and movepool to capitalize on the defining feature of this submission? Either that, or explain how Alolan Mantine can have less attack than a Luvdisc.
Hmm, shunt Special Attack into Attack? I guess a bulky physical attacker would make Mantine different from Lanturn and Rotom-W. I hate the fact there are no non-recoil Electric moves above 80 BP though. That's partially the reason I choose to go for Special Attacks and the first place. I'm tempted to give him Roost, at least so that he can recover from using Wild Charge, but Mantine Prime can't use it, so...

Oh, and be sure to tell me what the final verdict for new abilities! I'd love to be able to give him Surge Surfer, because a Mantine surfing on electricity sounds pretty cool to me!

(Please correct me if I've done something objectively incorrect/unacceptable here.)

Pokemon
: Magnemite
New typing: Ghost / Psychic
New abilities: Unnerve / Illuminate / Analytic
New stats: 45 (+20) / 15 (-20) / 55 (-15) / 85 (-10) / 55 / 70 (+25) (Net Total: +0)
New/removed moves: - Thunder Shock, - Spark, - Electro Ball, - Discharge, - Zap Cannon, - Electroweb, - Shock Wave, - Thunder, - Wild Charge, + Calm Mind, + Shadow Ball, + Confusion, + Psychic, + Psybeam, + Shadow Sneak, + Future Sight, + Will-O-Wisp, + Shadow Sneak (Net Total: +0)
Flavor/Design: Alolan Magnemite are small energy-based life forms characterized by their semi-corporeal forms and large glowing eyes. Due to their inability to hold a completely physical existence, they are weaker and less resistant than their Kanto counterparts, although it does grant them an unnatural durability in comparison. Thus, as a result, they reside high in the skies above Alola to keep safe from threats, and to absorb radiation from the ozone from which they draw nourishment. Because of the aforementioned luminescent oculi possessed by the species, the people of Alola have been known to falsely report sightings of the Pokemon as ones accredited to extraterrestrial activity.

Pokemon: Magneton
New abilities: Tinted Lens / Download / Analytic
New stats: 75 (+25) / 35 (-25) / 70 (-20) / 110 (-10) / 70 / 100 (+30) (Net Total: +0)
New/removed moves: - Thunder Shock, - Spark, - Electro Ball, - Discharge, - Zap Cannon, - Electroweb, - Shock Wave, - Thunder, - Wild Charge, + Calm Mind, + Shadow Ball, + Confusion, - Electric Terrain, - Tri Attack, + Psychic, + Psybeam, + Shadow Sneak, + Future Sight, + Will-O-Wisp, + Shadow Sneak, + Trick, + Phantom Force (Net Total: +0)
Flavor/Design: When Alolan Magnemite have absorbed sufficient radiation, their structure transmutes to a more corporeal state, and arranges itself into a pyramidical shape. They become calculating observers, traveling in triangular patterns and watching life, Pokemon and people alike, from a safe distance, but occasionally descend to a low altitude (However, they are known for widespread terror among the groups of people when descending onto a village, so the Pokemon mainly appears near mountains, forests, or over seas.) at which they analyze choice objects/animals using beams of light from their eyes. Although they shy away from conflict at nearly all costs, The Pokemon's erratic burst movement and triangular set of ocular lights allow it to thoroughly confuse opponents when forced into a confrontation and cut through a Pokemon's natural resistances to incapacitate its foes.

Pokemon: Magnezone
New typing: Ghost / Steel
New abilities: Shadow Tag / Levitate / Analytic
New stats: 100 (+30) / 40 (-30) / 115 / 115 (-15) / 115 (+25) / 40 (-20) (Net Total: +0)
New/removed moves: - Thunder Shock, - Spark, - Electro Ball, - Discharge, - Zap Cannon, - Electroweb, - Shock Wave, - Thunder, - Wild Charge, + Calm Mind, + Shadow Ball, + Confusion, - Electric Terrain, - Tri Attack, - Magnetic Flux, + Psychic, + Psybeam, + Shadow Sneak, + Future Sight, + Will-O-Wisp, + Shadow Sneak, + Trick, + Phantom Force, + Trick Room (Net Total: +0)
Flavor/Design: If its pre-evolutions are the UFO phenomena of the Alolan region, then Alolan Magnezone is the mothership itself. Metamorphosed after an Alolan Magneton is exposed to a metal coat, the Magnezone native to this region have evolved into a species of collective intelligences that inhabit warped saucers of a reflective and metalline substance. It uses rounds of brightly- colored flashing lights to captivate targets before channeling its spiritual energy into a beam of energy fired from its core which immobilizes the creature and draws it close to Magnezone to allow for a complete study of its biochemical structures. Due to this new breakthrough of a type of analyzation, Alolan Magnezone has grown sluggish, capable of burst movement only at a high cost to its energy reserves, but has allowed it to form a durable and resistant vessel for its spiritual form.

Pokemon: Mantyke
New typing: Ground/Ghost
New abilities: Sand Rush/Dry Skin (Arena Trap)
New stats: 35/10/65/60/120/50 (345)
Removed moves: Aqua Ring, Bubble, Bubble Beam, Hydro Pump, Surf, Scald, Water Pulse, Water Sport, Waterfall, Whirlpool, Ice Beam, Haze, Blizzard, Hail, Acrobatics, Aerial Ace, Air Cutter, Air Slash, Bounce, (-19)
New moves: Dig, Earth Power, Mud Bomb, Mud Shot, Sand Attack, Sand Tomb, Steel Wing, Stealth Rock, Sandstorm, Pain Split, Spite, Shadow Sneak, Shadow Ball, Phantom Force, Ominous Wind, Night Shade, Hex, Curse, Astonish (+19)

Pokemon: Mantine
New typing: Ground/Ghost
New abilities: Sand Rush/Dry Skin (Arena Trap)
New stats: 50/25/100/80/140/70 (465)
Removed moves: Aqua Ring, Brine, Bubble, Bubble Beam, Hydro Pump, Surf, Scald, Water Pulse, Water Sport, Waterfall, Whirlpool, Ice Beam, Haze, Blizzard, Hail, Acrobatics, Aerial Ace, Air Cutter, Air Slash, Bounce (-20)
New moves: Dig, Earth Power, Mud Bomb, Mud Shot, Sand Attack, Sand Tomb, Steel Wing, Stealth Rock, Sandstorm, Pain Split, Spite, Shadow Sneak, Shadow Ball, Phantom Force, Ominous Wind, Night Shade, Hex, Destiny Bond, Curse, Astonish (+20)

Flavor/Design: The Alolan Mantine line developed after Mantykes and Mantines continually ended up beached. Alolan Mantykes and Mantine move through sand as if it were water, and because of their semi-ethereal nature can even move through rocks if need be. The Alolan Mantine line originally only lived at beaches, but now can be found in deserts as well. The Alolan Mantine line is noticeably flatter than the original sandy brown in color, blending in almost perfectly with the sand around it when it "swims"/"glides" near the surface.

Loosely inspired by this:

MacChaeger Maybe tagging in an edit doesn't really go into the alerts but as I was asking in the edited post earlier, Can we use signature moves, or more exactly, Can we use say, techno blast on a magnemite (if we give enough flavor I mean)
You'd have to give the Pokemon a slot for holding the drives, and an explanation of how they could have evolved (or have been modified) to have that slot. If you can do that, it'll go a long way towards justifying such a special kind of move.

(Please correct me if I've done something objectively incorrect/unacceptable here.)
Pokemon: Magnemite
New abilities: Unnerve / Illuminate / Analytic
New stats: 45 (+20) / 15 (-20) / 55 (-15) / 85 (-10) / 55 / 70 (+25) (Net Total: +0)
New/removed moves: - Thunder Shock, - Spark, - Electro Ball, - Discharge, - Zap Cannon, - Electroweb, - Shock Wave, - Thunder, - Wild Charge, + Calm Mind, + Shadow Ball, + Confusion, + Psychic, + Psybeam, + Shadow Sneak, + Future Sight, + Will-O-Wisp, + Shadow Sneak (Net Total: +0)
Flavor/Design: Alolan Magnemite are small energy-based life forms characterized by their semi-corporeal forms and large glowing eyes. Due to their inability to hold a completely physical existence, they are weaker and less resistant than their Kanto counterparts, although it does grant them an unnatural durability in comparison. Thus, as a result, they reside high in the skies above Alola to keep safe from threats, and to absorb radiation from the ozone from which they draw nourishment. Because of the aforementioned luminescent oculi possessed by the species, the people of Alola have been known to falsely report sightings of the Pokemon as ones accredited to extraterrestrial activity.

Pokemon: Magneton
New abilities: Tinted Lens / Download / Analytic
New stats: 75 (+25) / 35 (-25) / 70 (-20) / 110 (-10) / 70 / 100 (+30) (Net Total: +0)
New/removed moves: - Thunder Shock, - Spark, - Electro Ball, - Discharge, - Zap Cannon, - Electroweb, - Shock Wave, - Thunder, - Wild Charge, + Calm Mind, + Shadow Ball, + Confusion, - Electric Terrain, - Tri Attack, + Psychic, + Psybeam, + Shadow Sneak, + Future Sight, + Will-O-Wisp, + Shadow Sneak, + Trick, + Phantom Force (Net Total: +0)
Flavor/Design: When Alolan Magnemite have absorbed sufficient radiation, their structure transmutes to a more corporeal state, and arranges itself into a pyramidical shape. They become calculating observers, traveling in triangular patterns and watching life, Pokemon and people alike, from a safe distance, but occasionally descend to a low altitude (However, they are known for widespread terror among the groups of people when descending onto a village, so the Pokemon mainly appears near mountains, forests, or over seas.) at which they analyze choice objects/animals using beams of light from their eyes. Although they shy away from conflict at nearly all costs, The Pokemon's erratic burst movement and triangular set of ocular lights allow it to thoroughly confuse opponents when forced into a confrontation and cut through a Pokemon's natural resistances to incapacitate its foes.

Pokemon: Magnezone
New typing: Ghost / Steel
New abilities: Shadow Tag / Levitate / Analytic
New stats: 100 (+30) / 40 (-30) / 115 / 115 (-15) / 115 (+25) / 40 (-20) (Net Total: +0)
New/removed moves: - Thunder Shock, - Spark, - Electro Ball, - Discharge, - Zap Cannon, - Electroweb, - Shock Wave, - Thunder, - Wild Charge, + Calm Mind, + Shadow Ball, + Confusion, - Electric Terrain, - Tri Attack, - Magnetic Flux, + Psychic, + Psybeam, + Shadow Sneak, + Future Sight, + Will-O-Wisp, + Shadow Sneak, + Trick, + Phantom Force, + Trick Room (Net Total: +0)
Flavor/Design: If its pre-evolutions are the UFO phenomena of the Alolan region, then Alolan Magnezone is the mothership itself. Metamorphosed after an Alolan Magneton is exposed to a metal coat, the Magnezone native to this region have evolved into a species of collective intelligences that inhabit warped saucers of a reflective and metalline substance. It uses rounds of brightly- colored flashing lights to captivate targets before channeling its spiritual energy into a beam of energy fired from its core which immobilizes the creature and draws it close to Magnezone to allow for a complete study of its biochemical structures. Due to this new breakthrough of a type of analyzation, Alolan Magnezone has grown sluggish, capable of burst movement only at a high cost to its energy reserves, but has allowed it to form a durable and resistant vessel for its spiritual form.
Just wanted to point out that you've added Shadow Sneak twice.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Pokemon: Whismur
New typing: Water / Normal
New abilities: Soundproof ---> Storm Drain, Hidden: Tangled Feet ---> Damp
New stats: 64 / 51 / 23 / 51 / 23 / 28 ---> +0 / -5 / +10 / -5 / +10 / -10 ---> 64 / 46 / 33 / 46 / 33 / 18
New/removed moves: Adding: Bubble, Surf (Exploud gets but not Whismur or Loudred), Bubblebeam, Hydro Pump, Aqua Ring, Water Sport, Brine, Water Gun, Stockpile, Swallow, Spit Up (+11)
Removing: Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Solarbeam, Fire Punch, Incinerate, Take Down (-6)
So yeah I'm leaving it at that because there's not a hell of lot else I can remove... Normal types are tricky to remove from.
Flavor/Design: Whismur is the baby of the Exploud family. it begins its life in tidal pools or caves near the beaches where it sucks in vast quantities of water, absorbs any nutrients provided, and expels the water forcefully through its earholes. Alolan Whismur can spend extended periods of time underwater by closing their earholes (which it also breaths through.... the same ones it expels water through yes) with its ears. Alolan Whismur have small webbed feet and hands that allow them to propel themselves through the water, however they are most comfortable on land or in the shallows. They are a yellow-greenish color. These creatures maintain the impressive vocal capacity of their relations from Hoenn.

Pokemon: Loudred
New typing: Water / Fighting
New abilities: Soundproof ---> Moxie, Hidden: Scrappy ---> Swift Swim
New stats: 84 / 71 / 43 / 71 / 43 / 48 ---> -10/+5/-10/+5/-10/+20 ---> 74/76/33/76/33/68
New/removed moves: Adding: Bubble, Surf (Exploud gets but not Whismur or Loudred), Bubblebeam, Hydro Pump, Aqua Ring, Water Sport, Brine, Water Gun, Stockpile, Swallow, Spit Up, Waterfall, Aqua Jet, Close Combat, Drain Punch, Vacuum Wave, Bulk Up, Focus Punch, (+17)
Removing: Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Solarbeam, Fire Punch, Incinerate, Stomp, Take Down, Overheat, Smokescreen (-9)
Flavor/Design: Alolan Loudred fiercely attacks anything that invades its territory, scaring and confusing them with loud shouts. They are fiercely protective of young Whismur. Loudred-A is more greenish than their Hoenn cousins, making it blue-green, which acts as camouflage when it goes swimming. It's hands and feet are considerably larger and webbed.

Pokemon: ExpquietLOUD
New typing: Water / Fighting
New abilities: Soundproof ---> Moxie, Hidden: Scrappy ---> Swift Swim
New stats: 104 / 91 / 63 / 91 / 73 / 68 ---> -20/+0/-10/+20/-10/+20 ---> 84/91/53/111/63/88
New/removed moves: Adding: Bubble, Bubblebeam, Hydro Pump, Aqua Ring, Water Sport, Brine, Water Gun, Stockpile, Swallow, Spit Up, Waterfall, Aqua Jet, Close Combat, Drain Punch, Vacuum Wave, Bulk Up, Focus Punch, Dive (+17)
Removing: Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Solarbeam, Fire Punch, Incinerate, Stomp, Take Down, Overheat, Smokescreen (-9)

Flavor/Design: Exploud is the hunter of the family. Exploud can spend hours at a time underwater, where it uses its voice to help it track small prey and then stun and catch them with huge bursts of noise (this is a thing dolphins really do, sources can be provided). It's body is more streamlined for movement in the water than its prevolutions, and the webbed tail it gained on evolution helps it steer itself. It still has webbed hands and feet. It is a more under-sea green sort of color now. Picture a cross between some sort of whale and an amphibian and our own dear huge purple angry mouth thing we know and love.

Like and comment

Last edited:
Looks like someone likes the idea better of an undead sand surfing manta better than my shocking manta ray. Guess I'll have to use my artistic skills to get my idea to click with people. Because I know at the end of the day, the best idea will win.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
Looks like someone likes the idea better of an undead sand surfing manta better than my shocking manta ray. Guess I'll have to use my artistic skills to get my idea to click with people. Because I know at the end of the day, the best idea will win.
Well my idea can't win every one, so I'm sure other people will win too. ;) :toast:

Pokemon: Alola Whismur
New typing: Fairy
New abilities: Serene Grace / Pixilate (Hidden)
New stats: 74 (+10) / 61 (+10) / 23 / 41 (-10) / 23 / 18 (-10)
New/removed moves:
  • Removed Moves (9 total): Ice Beam, Blizzard, Icy Wind, Extrasensory, Fake Tears, Mud-Slap, Rollout, Solar Beam, Stomp
  • New Moves (8 total): Acid, Sludge Bomb, Play Nice, Play Rough, Payback, Belch, Misty Terrain, Gastro Acid
Flavor: Decades ago, Alola's Whismur were drawn from their cavernous homes by a sound that seemed to originate from some esoteric creature. The species were enraptured by this mystical siren, and their investigation lead to the discovery of groups of odd, colorful organisms that manipulated the delightful tone through the usage of a mysterious box. However, when the aliens left, the Whismur, unwilling to part from the sounds, followed them until they arrived at a strange area comprised of stone, metal, and wood, where they have dwelled ever since.

Alola Whismur can be found wherever there is music—though it prefers the pop and rock genres—and has adapted to its (occasionally) filthy environment by developing powerful immune and digestive systems. Alola Whismur can manipulate the dimensions of its vocal folds and larynx, which it uses in combination with specialized organs to produce a variety of sounds, some of which bear striking resemblances to synthesized or electronically corrected chords. It is attracted to songbirds and will collect and wear loose feathers to resemble them.
Design: Alola Whismur is bulkier and hardier from years of urban life. Its purple / yellow coloration has dulled to help it camouflage itself amongst urban developments, but, if one is familiar with the species, Alola Whismur can be easily spotted by the brightly-colored feathers that hang from the tips of its ears.

Pokemon: Alola Loudred
New typing: Fairy / Poison
New abilities: Poison Touch / Pixilate (Hidden)
New stats: 94 (+10) / 81 (+10) / 43 / 61 (-10) / 43 / 38 (-10)
New/removed moves:
  • Removed Moves (9 total): Ice Beam, Blizzard, Icy Wind, Extrasensory, Fake Tears, Mud-Slap, Rollout, Solar Beam, Stomp
  • New Moves (9 total): Acid, Sludge Bomb, Play Nice, Play Rough, Venoshock, Payback, Belch, Misty Terrain, Gastro Acid
Flavor: Alola Whismur who bide their time and absorb enough acoustic knowledge from their civilized homes eventually develop into the well-known Pokemon, Alola Loudred. These are boisterous creatures with a deep appreciation for music of all sorts, and coalesce into packs to spread their unique songs throughout their territories. Alola Loudred can be a bit picky about its audience, though, and it is not uncommon for the Pokemon to utilize its toxic sweat to paralyze problematic individuals to prevent interruptions to its performance.
Design: Alola Loudred is a tougher version of its parent species that has a greater stature, thicker limbs, and longer ears. The subdued palette of its pre-evolution has been replaced with a vivid black / pink palette for aposematic purposes. Alola Loudred has accumulated enough feathers to wear makeshift wristbands and ear ornaments.

Pokemon: Alola Exploud
New typing: Fairy / Poison
New abilities: Vital Spirit / Pixilate (Hidden)
New stats: 134 (+30) / 121 (+30) / 53 (-10) / 61 (-30) / 63 (-10) / 58 (-10)
New/removed moves:
  • Removed Moves (13 total): Ice Beam, Blizzard, Ice Fang, Icy Wind, Extrasensory, Fake Tears, Avalanche, Mud-Slap, Rollout, Surf, Whirlpool, Solar Beam, Stomp
  • New Moves (11 total): Acid, Sludge Bomb, Poison Fang, Play Nice, Play Rough, Venoshock, Payback, Gunk Shot, Belch, Misty Terrain, Gastro Acid
Flavor: Alola Exploud is very popular with musicians due to its ability to run the gamut in the style of every musical instrument, rendering it a valuable asset. Contrary to its fearsome appearance, Alola Exploud is gregarious and loves children, but watchful parents ostracize it with accusations of it "poisoning the minds of the youth." When provoked, though, Alola Exploud secretes a poisonous film inside of its valves and fires it at the instigator alongside a blast of sound waves.
Design: Alola Exploud is significantly larger than its foreign counterparts, with a stature of 1.85m while hunching over, a longer tail, thicker limbs, and noticeably higher mass. It possesses bony ridges in place of teeth. Its vivid appearance remains, with additional pink coloration manifesting itself on armored scales present on its shins, knees, forearms, elbows, and torso. Feathers decorate its shoulders and its cephalic and caudal tubes.

Right! Let's try and not completely cock this one up, shall we? I think it might have been better to submit the teddy bear Krabby and ditch the completely inept attempt at Yanma...

===

Pokemon: Swinub-A
New typing: Poison/Bug
New abilities: Oblivious Poison Point, Snow Cloak Fur Coat, Thick Fat Skill Link
New stats: 65 (+15)/50/65 (+25)/10 (-20)/40 (+10)/20 (-30)
New/removed moves:-
Removed Moves: Earth Power, Freeze-Dry, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Powder Snow, Mud Bomb, Mud Shot, Ice Shard, Icicle Crash, Fissure, Avalanche, Mud Sport, Mist (13)
Added Moves: Pin Missile, Coil, Poison Jab, Megahorn, Spore, Toxic Spikes (6)
Flavor/Design: Rather than... the bastard child of a hamster and a mid-Sixties carpet swatch, Alola's Swinub are based on the puss moth caterpillar, here reimagined as the larval stage of some demented hairy beetle effort (as we shall see later). I should mention that the only reason Fur Coat is selected for the ability is because the more appropriate Fluffy is not present. In Alola, Swinub are found in dense forests, snuffling around in the undergrowth for interesting fungi to nibble. Unfortunately, this has the effect of making them quite unbelievably poisonous, and the Rangers of Alola are obliged to put signs up warning people not to stroke them, especially young children. This is a regrettable state of affairs, as Alola Swinub are rather lonely creatures, only congregating at specific times but always eager for someone to train them; because of this, humans showing them affection can get swarmed by well-meaning, lonely, and extremely toxic Swinub.

Pokemon: Piloswine-A
New typing: Poison/Fighting
New abilities: Oblivious, Snow Cloak Fur Coat, Thick Fat Skill Link
New stats: 125 (+25)/100/95 (+15)/30 (-30)/80 (+20)/20 (-30)
Removed Moves: Earth Power, Freeze-Dry, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Powder Snow, Mud Bomb, Mud Shot, Ice Shard, Icicle Crash, Fissure, Avalanche, Mud Sport, Mist, Blizzard (14)
Added Moves: Pin Missile, Coil, Poison Jab, Megahorn, Spore, Toxic Spikes, Sacred Sword, Low Kick, Gunk Shot (9)
Flavor/Design: Piloswine-A has gone from its puss-moth beginnings to a kind of furry beetle effort, its long, chitinous tusks now able to dig through the undergrowth for hidden seeds and nuts. They've also internalized their poison better, so their thick, quilted coats aren't as poisonous as those of their pre-evolution. Its six legs are rather stumpy, all things considered, but they're able to kick trees so hard that they can knock them over! If a Piloswine-A happens on a group of Swinub-A in the swarming season, they will find a fruit-bearing tree and boot it over for the little Swinub to nibble on the berries. Piloswine-A are often tamed by orchard farmers, who often journeyed from farm to farm with them in tow during harvest time to help kick the apples and suchlike down from the trees.

Pokemon: Mamoswine-A
New typing: Poison/Fighting
New abilities: Oblivious, Snow Cloak Fur Coat, Thick Fat Skill Link
New stats: 135 (+25)/115 (-15)/110 (+30)/40 (-30)/80 (+20)/50 (-30)
Removed Moves: Earth Power, Freeze-Dry, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Powder Snow, Mud Bomb, Mud Shot, Ice Shard, Icicle Crash, Fissure, Avalanche, Mud Sport, Mist, Blizzard (14)
Added Moves: Pin Missile, Coil, Poison Jab, Megahorn, Spore, Toxic Spikes, Sacred Sword, Low Kick, Gunk Shot, Rock Blast, High Jump Kick, Horn Leech, Blaze Kick, Mega Kick (14)
Flavor/Design: And at last there is Mamoswine-A, our resident enormous stompy mammoth stag beetle thing. Rock Blast is there for coverage options, as is Horn Leech. Blaze Kick and Mega Kick are more lore-based moves that tie into the prior evolution's dex entries. Now, though, Mamoswine-A are known throughout Alola as protectors of the wild, slow and gentle beings who nevertheless live in harmony with the world around them. They mark their territory by finding old, dead trees and drumming on them with their back legs so fast it sounds like machine-gun fire. Those back legs have a lot of strength in them, but Mamoswine-A's now-enormous pincers can also snap through trees as easily as a human might break a twig. Mamoswine-A can and do wander around the region with humans in tow or on their backs, guiding swarms of nearby Swinub-A and Piloswine-A to new lands and fresh grazing. They store nuts and seeds in their huge, thick coats during winter, just so that the Swinub-A don't have to dig through icy soil to eat.

===

I think this one doesn't break any rules. Oh well. Here's hoping. =]

Last edited:
Pokemon: Mankey
New typing: Psychic/Fire
New abilities: Inner Focus/Magic Guard (Serene Grace)
New stats: 40/50/30/65/45/85 (305) (0/-30/-5/+30/0/+5)
New/removed moves: Removed: Close Combat, Karate Chop, Low Kick, Brick Break, Rock Smash, Bulk Up, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Hone Claws, Thrash, Fury Swipes, Scratch (-13)
Added: Tail Glow, Psychic, Psyshock, Confusion, Psybeam, Calm mind, Healing Wish, Recover, Dazzling Gleam, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Lava Plume, Will-O-Wisp (+13)
Flavor/Design: The Mankey in Alola region seem calm and collected thanks to the wonderful aroma in the region. These Mankey conistently show a smiling face and prefers to meditate rather than fight. These Mankey group together so they can play together after meditation. One notable feature that is seen on Alolan Mankey is its tail, which is glowing very bright with Fire.

Pokemon: Primeape
New typing: Psychic/Fire
New abilities: Inner Focus/Magic Guard (Serene Grace)
New stats: 65/75/50/90/70/115 (455) (0/-30/-10/+30/0/+10)
New/removed moves: Removed: Close Combat, Karate Chop, Low Kick, Brick Break, Rock Smash, Bulk Up, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Hone Claws, Thrash, Fury Swipes, Scratch (-13)
Added: Tail Glow, Psychic, Psyshock, Confusion, Psybeam, Calm mind, Healing Wish, Recover, Dazzling Gleam, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Lava Plume, Will-O-Wisp (+13)
Flavor/Design: Now that Mankey evolved into Primeape, its tail is now gone, but it's hands are now covered with Fire. Its fire though, is not very harmful unless facing an enemy. Unlike Mankey, Alolan Primape are solitary Pokemon. An Alolan Primapae likes to spend its time learning about Fire Magic.

There's only three days left for submissions, but Seviper and Tropius still don't have any submissions! If you haven't submitted something yet, please try to make something for one of those two.

Ask and you shall receive

Pokemon: Alolan Tropius
New Typing: Dragon/Fairy
New Abilities: Multiscale/Cheek Pouch (Harvest)
New Stats: 109/58/90/92/90/22 (+10 HP, -10 Atk, +7 Def, +20 SpA, +3 SpD, -30 Spe)
Removed Moves: Aerial Ace, Air Cutter, Air Slash, Defog, Fly, Gust, Roost, Tailwind, Grass Knot, Leaf Blade, Leaf Storm, Leaf Tornado, Razor Leaf, Solar Beam, Synthesis (-15 Total)
New Moves: Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, Fairy Wind, Charm, Moonlight, Disarming Voice, Dragon Rage, Dragon Breath, Dragon Claw, Dragon Rush, Draco Meteor, Dragon Tail, Flamethrower, Fire Blast (+15 Total)
Flavor: Due to the people of Hoenn over herding (I guess, could be worded differently) Tropius for it's delicious fruit, they decided to flee to the Alolan Region for saftey. Due to the overbearing presence of the sun, some of it's skin on it's neck shed faster, causing it's skin to become something similar to a Rainbow Eucalyptus (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eucalyptus_deglupta). It's rainbow complexion also gave it more fairy like appearance. With it's new calm nature (Pun not intended) it no longer needs it's wings to escape predators, they shrink to a smaller size. It's Alolan form still likes to feed children, but they don't like it's fruit, and the children bring it Petaya Berries, which the Tropius absolutely love. The Petaya berry's English counterpart, the Pitaya Berry (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitaya), or otherwise known as the dragon fruit, is why Tropius gains it's dragon type. And the fruit begins to grow on Tropius' neck

Pokemon: Seviper
New typing: Fire
New abilities: Sheer Force (Serene Grace)
New stats: 78 (+5)/70(-30)/70(+10)/125(+25)/70(+10)/45 (-20)
New moves: Ember, Fire Spin, Flamethrower, Lava Plume, Sacred Fire, Flare Blitz, Overheat (7)
Removed moves: Venoshock, Sludge Bomb, Venom Drench, Belch, Haze, Gastro Acid, Rain Dance, Poison Jab, Poison Tail (8)
Flavor: Magma volcanoes on Not-Hawaii are common and being driven to higher ground, the Sevipers of the area have developed the serene grace survival skills of a Dunsparce, and the force to bore through magma. The fire burns in its skin, hence the fire typing. It's slower, burning with magma rock brimming in its rock-like tail, which drags it speed so low.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
Pokemon: Seviper
New typing: Fire
New abilities: Sheer Force (Serene Grace)
New stats: 78 (+5)/70(-30)/70(+10)/125(+25)/70(+10)/45 (-20)
New moves: Ember, Fire Spin, Flamethrower, Lava Plume, Sacred Fire, Flare Blitz, Overheat (7)
Removed moves: Venoshock, Sludge Bomb, Venom Drench, Belch, Haze, Gastro Acid, Rain Dance, Poison Jab, Poison Tail (8)
Flavor: Magma volcanoes on Not-Hawaii are common and being driven to higher ground, the Sevipers of the area have developed the serene grace survival skills of a Dunsparce, and the force to bore through magma. The fire burns in its skin, hence the fire typing. It's slower, burning with magma rock brimming in its rock-like tail, which drags it speed so low.
Tfw Sacred Fire meme is back.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/AG013

Pokemon: Serviper
New typing: Water
New abilities: Shed Skin -> Swift Swim (Infiltrator) -> (Intimidate)
New stats: 67/115/60/70/55/91 (-6 Hp/+15 Atk/0 Def/-30 Spa/-5 Spd/+26 Spe)
New moves: Aqua Jet, Surf, Whirlpool, Dive, Water Pulse, Aqua Ring, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Cut (+10)
Removed moves: Poison Tail, Venoshock, Venom Drench, Belch, Poison Jab, Sunny Day, Sludge Wave, Sludge Bomb, Flamethrower, Dig, Gastro Acid, Earthquake (-12)
Flavor: When Seviper was brought to the Alola region, they were unable to find food on the islands, so they went into the sea to catch the abundance of fish. While living in the ocean, Seviper lost its poison and gained water typing. With the loss of its poison Seviper used its fangs and tail to hunt down other Pokemon. Alolan Seviper relies on its blistering speed and savage power to overwhelm its foes, as it is incapable of taking many hits itself.
Design: Alolan Seviper has vertical black and white stripes the length of its body similar to an actual sea snake, as well as blue accent marks on its face and tail.

Pokemon: Alolan Mankey
New typing: Fighting/Fairy
New abilities: Cute Charm/Cursed Body/Defiant (H)
New stats: 40/85(+5)/35/35/30(-15)/80(+10)
New/removed moves: Sweet Scent, Hypnosis, Submission, Fake Out, Shadow Punch, Dragon Dance, Swords Dance, Poison Jab, Night Slash, Stun Spore
Flavor/Design: Mankeys raised by fairy types, these are not your normal Mankeys! They look mostly the same, expect for their fur being a light pink with darker shades around their eyes and tail tip. Their noses constantly twitch, as they have an acute sense of smell. There have been reports of these Pokemon hypnotising other Pokemon with rhythmic tail movements and then carrying the immobilised victim to their pack, where a Primeape will sniff them to test if they have anything valuable. Although these Mankeys are very cute, it is advisable to avoid touching them, as even contact with one could fill your nose with fairy aromas released from its fur, causing you to pass out. These Pokemon will not hesitate to beat you up if you disobey one!

Pokemon: Alolan Primeape
New typing: Fighting/Fairy
New abilities: Sheer Force/Cursed Body/Defiant (H)
New stats:54(-11)/120(+30)/40(-20)/80(+20)/40(-30)/101(+11)
New/removed moves: Sweet Scent, Hypnosis, Submission, Fake Out, Shadow Punch, Dragon Dance, Swords Dance, Poison Jab, Night Slash, Stun Spore
Flavor/Design: Primeapes have been seen performing rituals, using Mankeys as their assistants. These rituals include dancing in front of a shrine or something of the sort. Alolan Primeapes are said to worship Xerneas, the god of life and the true fairy. Because of their previously unobserved level of intelligence, Alolan Primeapes are the subject of psychological tests that aim to discover the limit of a Pokemon's knowledge. Often compared to Kadabra, this Pokemon has brain and brawns, using both direct attacks and sneaky surprise moves to take down its opponents. It is said that whenever one dances it gains the blessing of Xerneas.

Purpose: Sheer Force Life Orb wallbreaker? It can do it. Sheer Force Choice Band wallbreaker? It can do it. Swords Dance sweeper? It can do it. Dragon Dance sweeper? It can do it. This Pokemon has a bit of unpredictability to it that allows you to keep your opponent guessing. A good speed tier that outspeeds base 100 mons, two viable abilities and several roles it can fulfil with the moves to back it up! Fake Out is always nice, it has both setup dances and Poison Jab and Night Slash could make it competition for the most coverage-endowed dragon dancers. Just don't ask it to take hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)