Alomomola

With Burn/Toxic in effect on a Regeneration Wish Passer it could make switching in all the easier (but that's just in theory). So it can come in, status, wish, heal something on the switch as well as it's self and make the switched in Pokemon all the more threatening? Even if it's only use would be wish, wish passing will definitely have it's uses with the appropriate switch. And if you're forcing something out and have spikes/stealth rock/whatever hazard on the field, all the more power to you?

EDIT: Could this work with Sturdy Pokemon since it get's 50% of Mama's health? It would have it's instant Focus Sash again, and could set up from there.

Cshadow said:
EDIT: Could this work with Sturdy Pokemon since it get's 50% of Mama's health? It would have it's instant Focus Sash again, and could set up from there.
Yes, if the Pokemon has 100%, Sturdy works, even if it has already actived.

Maybe Rugged Helmet can work with this Pokemon ? He has great defences and counters well physical sweepers. For example :
Gyarados switches-in (-25% from SR)
You switch out and send Mamanbou, he DD
He attacks, he takes 10% from LO and 12% from Rugged Helmet, and maybe other damages from weather / statues.

He will not miss Leftovers because of Regeneration. I think it's a good alternative.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Why are people under the impression that this needs to hurt anything at all?
It's called being vulnerable to taunt and being set up bait for every sweeper that doesn't care about Toxic. Even Gliscor laughs at this thing.

Anyway, the best spread is:

Calm
168 HP/88 Def/252 SpD

Mamanbou needs Max SpD investment for the same reason Vappy needs Max Def investment; its base stat is absolutely horrid, and it needs to survive neutral hits. With these EVs, Mamanbou has slightly higher physical defense and slightly lower special defense than Vaporeon. It also reaches a lefties +1 number.

If you are running light screen, this is the best spread:

Bold
168 HP/96 Def/244 SpD

It's called being vulnerable to taunt and being set up bait for every sweeper that doesn't care about Toxic. Even Gliscor laughs at this thing.
Gliscor is very unlikely to ever see this thing so that hardly seems like an issue.

As for things that ignore Toxic, those are also things that ignore water usually (Toxicroak absorbs, vena resists, and Registeel might as well resist for how much damage it will do) so having waterfall/boiling water is hardly going to help. And many water poke face much the same from those enemies.

That just leave "taunt bait" which is true but also is less of an issue then most things I could think of. Few things in UU taunt and those that do are select enough that you can see the danger as soon as they switch in. By that point you've either already Wished, Toxiced, or set up a Light Screen, regardless swapping out now would not be terrible.

Mamanbou needs high investment in Def to take on Doryuuzu/Chomp. Its supposed to wall physical wall not a mixed wall.
The best spread imo is

Bold, 164 HP, 216 Def, 128 Def.

running

Wish
Protect
Boiling Water / Surf
Ice Beam / Toxic

Takes on DD Mence, SD Chomp, SD Doryuuzu and the other scary guys on like champ.

SD Chomp only does 54,69% - 64,45% with a +2 EQ lol.

This thing is so good. With the spread I gave it has 33% better physical defence than max/max positive natured Burunkeru. And only 10% worse SpDef capabilities (which it shouldn't have to take anyway). Not to mention Regeneration and less weaknesses.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
LOL, Mamanbou can't take on Garchomp, or anything else for that matter.

0 SpA Ice Beam vs. 4/0 ~natured Garchomp: 43.6% - 51.4%
0 SpA Ice Beam vs. 252/0 ~natured Dragonite: 35.2% - 42.5%
0 SpA Ice Beam vs. 0/4 ~natured Ononokusu: 30.7% - 36.9%
0 SpA Ice Beam vs. 0/4 -natured Salamence: 54.4% - 65.3% (that's not even an OHKO most of the time after SR and Life Orb recoil! If Salamence has a neutral nature, it has a good chance to survive after 2 Life Orb recoils.)

The fact that Mamanbou is 58% weaker than Cresselia when using special attacks is a testament to how much of a joke it actually is. Waterfall should be its only form of offense. The end.

Good. The less people think Mamanbou can threaten Dragons, the more Dragons get surprised killed by it early on. Except Ononokusu and Yachechomp, Life Orb alone remedies those numbers. A bit of investment into Sp. Atk brings Yachechomp and 0/4 Ono into the non-SR 2hko zone as well.

In my theorymon, my Mamanbou would run:

Mamanbou @ Life Orb/Rugged Helmet/Red Card
Regeneration
Main: Bold / 252 Defense / 252 Sp Attack / 4 Speed
Alt: Bold / 252 Defense / 196 S Attack / 60 Speed
- Wish
- Ice Beam/Blizzard
- Boiling Water
- Light Screen/Return EDIT: /Toxic/HP Electric

Don't actually know about Blizzard. Maybe it does offer a few ohkos, maybe not.

Ummmm, why Return?

Anyway, I don't really see the point of having multiple attacks on a poke like this. It's not a sweeper, it doesn't really need the coverage. It's a healer with some support. If it had Vaporeon's SpA stat then I could see having a bit of coverage (though even Vap generally doesn't run that many attack moves) but with this?

Ummmm, why Return?

Anyway, I don't really see the point of having multiple attacks on a poke like this. It's not a sweeper, it doesn't really need the coverage. It's a healer with some support. If it had Vaporeon's SpA stat then I could see having a bit of coverage (though even Vaporion generally doesn't run that many attack moves) but with this?
Ice Move 1/2hkos Dragons/Gliscor, Boiling Water provides burn hax against most other things.

Return's a bad idea. HP Electric handles Shell Break Cloyster and DD Gyara much more effectively. Don't know if it can break Vappy's Subs, hope so.

Toxic's kinda stupid with the bulky waters all getting Hydration now.

Return's a bad idea.
So why do you have it listed then...?

As for the rest of them, I don't believe it will work out for you. Why is Gliscor going to see this thing ever? Gliscor is a wall, it doesn't have any reason to switch in on this.
Is HP Electric off a SpA 40 really going to kill the things you're looking at? Are you really basing your usage of Boiling water off the 30% chance of Burn?

Add to that, running Life Orb and offensive EVs and I just don't see why you would use Mamanbou for this. Vaporeon does everything listed here better.

Toxic's kinda stupid with the bulky waters all getting Hydration now.
You must be joking. The only big one to get it that I am aware of is Vaporeon and frankly it might not even run it. It depends.

HP Electric would just be stupid on this thing. It's a wall, not a sweeper, not even a bulky pseudo-threat. It doesn't need type coverage. Gyarados can't even 10-hit KO it with ANTHING barring 6 Dragon Dances then trying to break through Wish/Protect/Rest. Toxic or Boiling Water are all you need to make a sad day for Gyrados.
Taunt--> 6 DD's
everything needs at least 1 offensive move unless its like erufuun and has priority non-combat

They say they can surprise kill Gyaradoses with HP Electric and Garchomps with Ice Beam

The thing they don't know is they 3HKO it.

this fish problem is he cant do anything to pokemons like he wont force switches even fire pokemons laugh of boiling water who will this fish force out? altough he can resiste physical attackers they can just set up with no worries because this thing can only toxic or maybe get a lucky burn and if your oponents switchs in a guts user your toast

Mamanbou is not supposed to hurt pokemon. Mamanbou's role is to wish heal and inflict status.

Well, I can say that Azelf can't wall. It has bad defenses and typing. But is it supposed to wall?

So why do you have it listed then...?
Because it was the best option I saw early on.

As for the rest of them, I don't believe it will work out for you. Why is Gliscor going to see this thing ever? Gliscor is a wall, it doesn't have any reason to switch in on this.
Point? I listed DRAGONS as well. This things might well see some DRAGONS.

Is HP Electric off a SpA 40 really going to kill the things you're looking at? Are you really basing your usage of Boiling water off the 30% chance of Burn?
Yes.

- -1 SDef Cloyster that possibly already suffered LO Recoil and 25% SR? Sure.
- Gyarados, whose not gonna KO within its first boost? Yup.

Neither pokemon has reliable recovery. Shell Break Gorebyss/Huntail could be issues during rain.

Boiling Water's 30% chance can give moments of advantage, which can be capitalized upon.

Add to that, running Life Orb and offensive EVs and I just don't see why you would use Mamanbou for this. Vaporeon does everything listed here better.
It wouldn't be a surprise shot coming from Vappy. Nobody gets shot down by a Vappy's IB and rages at the concept, nor would Cloyster expect Mamanbou to have the capacity to shut it down while it's setting up. Mamanbou is living setup bait, this set is anti-setup.

You must be joking. The only big one to get it that I am aware of is Vaporeon and frankly it might not even run it. It depends.
Uh-huh. Manaphy, Lapras, other Mamanbou, then Vappy. Gorebyss isn't particularly bulky on the special side but can take any Water/Ice move

Point? I listed DRAGONS as well. This things might well see some DRAGONS.
Hey, you're the one who listed Gliscor, it's not my fault for pointing out how obviously pointless mentioning him was.

Manaphy, Lapras, other Mamanbou, then Vappy.
Right because 3-4 waters (some of whom don't see much use [Lapras/most of the others you didn't bother listing]/have a potentially better Ability in Water Absorb [Vap/Lapras]/Regeneration [Mamanbou]) equals "...what with the bulky waters all getting Hydration now." Manaphy doesn't even count as it already had Hydration... So yeah, I'll repeat, the only big one that got it was Vaporeon.

Gorebyss isn't particularly bulky on the special side but can take any Water/Ice move
You must be joking. You've got a Gorebyss in the rain and you're going to run Hydration over Swift Swim? What is with these rediculous examples?

Toxic isn't going anywhere I don't think (unless you're building/against a Rain team and even then that's only because Swift Swim sweepers kill too fast for Toxic to be effective anyway, not because Hydration ruins Toxic).

I was going to say what the above poster said, but I pressed backspace while clicking on the page, went back a page, and everything got deleted =/

And you, GravityZero, are not replying to anything that you can speak against.

Battle more before you make movesets. Machamp would do more damage than Mamanbou at special attacks (and obviously physical attacks too).

Hey, you're the one who listed Gliscor, it's not my fault for pointing out how obviously pointless mentioning him was.

Right because 3-4 waters (some of whom don't see much use [Lapras/most of the others you didn't bother listing]/have a potentially better Ability in Water Absorb [Vap/Lapras]/Regeneration [Mamanbou]) equals "...what with the bulky waters all getting Hydration now." Manaphy doesn't even count as it already had Hydration... So yeah, I'll repeat, the only big one that got it was Vaporeon.

You must be joking. You've got a Gorebyss in the rain and you're going to run Hydration over Swift Swim? What is with these rediculous examples?

Toxic isn't going anywhere I don't think (unless you're building/against a Rain team and even then that's only because Swift Swim sweepers kill too fast for Toxic to be effective anyway, not because Hydration ruins Toxic).
Mmhm bro, Gorebyss was a side-note, but if we're gonna go there:

Gorebyss @ Random Item
whatever nature + evs
Hydration
- Shell Break
- Rest
- Water STAB
- Move 4

with Drizzle support. Shell Break means Gorebyss already has +2 Speed with a base spd of like 54 iirc, not impressive in the least but enough to outrun anything except priority and scarf, and although Swift Swim lets it outrun everything short of priority, Hydration lets it use its impressive speed to unstatus and heal. Since nobody's touting this moveset, it has no relevance to the topic, but Hydration can exist. In any case, Omastar and Huntail both do Shell Break + Swift Swim better than Gorebyss.

---

In a lot of cases Toxic does have no use. It lands on Cune, Cune rests. It lands on Pert, Pert might rest. It lands on Lappy, it could rest. Manaphy's allowed in until it's rebanned btw. It lands on Mamanbou or Milotic, it finally works. As of now, Burungeru users favor Recover too, so that's a third hit. Oh, Rotom-W before I forget.

Meanwhile, Mamanbou loses it's quick 'switch-in and KO' against Cloyster and Gyarados and Cloyster's within the range to start hurting Maman fairly quickly. If the team doesn't have a good priority shot hidden somewhere, Cloyster's gotten it's free setup. So no more using Maman vs. Cloyster or Gyara, heck Rest-Talk Gyara walls Toxic Mamanbou so hard it should get a Nobel Prize for excellence in the field, and can set up while doing it.

I don't get where you're trying to go. What are you trying to accomplish with Toxic? What's Toxic actually covering in UU or OU that doesn't often run Rest?

In a lot of cases Toxic does have no use. It lands on Cune, Cune rests. It lands on Pert, Pert might rest. It lands on Lappy, it could rest. Manaphy's allowed in until it's rebanned btw. It lands on Mamanbou or Milotic, it finally works. As of now, Burungeru users favor Recover too, so that's a third hit.
Cune rests and is PP stalled out (unless it runs CM then you need a phazer and Mamanbou isn't going to do anything to Cun no matter what you use in a sleep/talker case as HP Electric won't even touch it).

Pert doesn't use rest unless it's Curse (maybe) and again you have no better options for Mamnbou then toxic. If toxic doesn't kill Pert then you need to swtch anyway.

Lapras isn't used ever so what does it matter?

Manaphy Tail Glows then OHKOs you no matter what you run so does it matter that it's immune to toxic?

Finally I love that Milotic is the one you say it finally sticks on when that's probably one of the most common Sleep/Talker poke in the game...

Meanwhile, Mamanbou loses it's quick 'switch-in and KO' against Cloyster and Gyarados and Cloyster's within the range to start hurting Maman fairly quickly. If the team doesn't have a good priority shot hidden somewhere, Cloyster's gotten it's free setup. So no more using Maman vs. Cloyster or Gyara, heck Rest-Talk Gyara walls Toxic Mamanbou so hard it should get a Nobel Prize for excellence in the field, and can set up while doing it.
Again I'm not buying the Life Orb suddenly makes me a reasonable fighter especially since other poke do it 10x better. As for Sleep/Talk Gyardos (a set that basicly no one runs) walling Mamanbou, uh who cares? If it runs Dragon Dance then it has 1 attack which makes it easy to counter, if it doesn't then it has no boosts again making it easy to counter. The fact that it can rest off toxic is hardly a threat at that point.

I don't get where you're trying to go. What are you trying to accomplish with Toxic? What's Toxic actually covering?
It doesn't cover anything, it supports the team. Much like Toxic Spikes help your team without countering any one thing, Toxicing poke on the switch helps all your other poke get kills easier.

Murkglow, I'll leave you to deal with him.

Because he doesn't even read my posts.

EDIT

OK Just read this and... this is ridiculous. Cloyster Special Defense may be low, but it resists boiling water. And won't be KOed by HP Electric. They have around the same stats for Special, you know. It's like How Metagross fares with Skarmory. Gyarados is just... too bulky. A bulky Gyarados while only be 5HKOed after lefties. And thats 4x super effective. On the other hand, if you toxic them, you switch to a wall and stall. Or a Phazer.

If it gets Nobel Prize at killing Cloysters and Gyaradoses I will officially suicide.

Not expecting you to read this.

I love this big Luvdisc. With full health it was able to take 2 Outrages from max atk Amamant Ononokusu with one DD. I'm using Impish maxhp/def spread but still I was blown away! After the first hit I of course protected to get some leftovers recovery and then it lived the second hit with 3hp, lol. Dunno about min max damage but I was able to toxic stall the powerhouse dragon before it swept my team. Mamanbou is really potential physical wall.

Seems kind of outclassed by Vaporeon if you ask me >__>.Regenaration is pretty cool though but i still dont think thats enough to make him stand out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)