Metagame Alphabet Cup

Happy New Year everyone!
We're hoping you all enjoyed Alphabet Cup!

The votes from the Haxorus Suspect Test are in, and here are the results:

readytoloseNOT BAN
Lewi11NOT BAN
anaconjaBAN
Darth RNOT BAN
SkankovichBAN
Dieu AmphibienNOT BAN

In a vote of 2-4, :Haxorus: will NOT be banned from Alphabet Cup! Thank you for voting and we appreciate your input!

On a more serious note, I'm personally going to be taking a bit of an informal step back from ABC for the time being. While I'm happy to see many of you really liked the tier, a large number of you didn't (and that's fine!). Frankly, I think some of the early clashing as a result of the Prevo Clause started things on a sour note, and that I recognize that I personally could have handled that more amiably. While I'm happy to see that it did get a good bit of activity, Alphabet Cup definitely created waves (at least behind the scenes) in places where at least I personally wish it hadn't, and it gives me some opportunity for introspection. Anyway, I'm hoping things will be better in the future, and I hope to play you all again some time!

I was trying this tier on rom.psim.us and it says King's Shield Aegislash and Dual Wingbeat Salamence aren't allowed??

A funny set I came up with that has a small possibility of being good, and a large possibility of me finding it absolutely hilarious.

(An image of Sharpedo that I don't know how to add, sorry)

Sharpedo @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stored Power
- Protect
- Calm Mind
- Soak

The EVs and Nature may seem odd, but they are designed to help it be a bit tankier and set up a few more boosts to make Stored Power truly nuke. Soak is there so Dark types don't prevent you from dealing damage, but could easily be replaced with a different move. I'm excited for this to be OMotM!

Few sets I came up with that I'm looking forward to trying in the following month, ranging from potential meta staple to fun niche mon:

Arcanine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire / Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Grav Apple
- Close Combat / Play Rough / Teleport / Toxic
- Morning Sun

This seems nice, Grav Apple gives you a more reliable way to hit bulky waters that is effective against Swampert and doesn't chunk your own HP pool. The defense drop from it lets it pressure other defensive checks quite well too as if they can't sufficiently threaten you back they'll be broken through eventually. Could fit on grassy terrain teams, or maybe even some sort of webs bulky offense?

Sableye @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Filler

This genuinely seems like an amazing lead for HO. Denies defog from anything short of Mandibuzz or Galarian Moltres, blocks Rapid Spin, prevents setup and opposing hazards, and with its filler move it can do anything from booming to get your sweepers in, using Super Fang to force damage on a wall, setting another hazard, or pulling from its existing movepool with tricks like Knock Off, Will-o-Wisp and Encore.

Celebi @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Earth Power / Recover
- Clangorous Soul

Clang Celebi seems really strong on paper, sporting excellent bulk and speed and a draining STAB. The lack of Stored Power or Psyshock hurts a lot though, and it relies on Magnezone to deal with the likes of Corviknight. Also doesn't like being weak to Spectral Thief. Still, it seems like it could be a dangerous cleaner in the mid-late game.

Sharpedo @ Focus Sash / Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant / Naughty Nature
- Crabhammer
- Sacred Fire
- Sucker Punch / Crunch / Stored Power
- Swords Dance / Clangorous Soul

This seems like another fairly strong cleaner. Extremely frail, but between Speed Boost and Sucker Punch it's practically guaranteed to move first and its STAB Crabhammer boosted by Swords Dance will put a hole in anything short of bulky resists, most of which are covered by its secondary STAB or Sacred Fire. It can also opt for Clangorous Soul and Stored Power in order to bust through Toxapex; it could even potentially run a full special set with Searing Shot and Steam Eruption.

Blacephalon @ Life Orb / Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 212 Atk / 24 Def / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Blue Flare
- Shadow Ball
- Bolt Strike
- Bullet Seed / Brick Break

Final one, I swear. Blacephalon gets access to much-needed coverage moves which allow it to run a very potent mixed all-out attacker set. EVs are set up to gain speed boosts on kill, maxing out offenses and then throwing the rest in defense. The choice between Bullet Seed and Brick Break allows you to hit either Swampert or Tyranitar, though Bolt Strike already does enough to the latter honestly. Life Orb's sheer power is hard to pass up but if longevity is desperately needed you can run any other mon Heavy-Duty Boots.

:xy/Slurpuff: these models are lifeless i will never shut up about this
yum... [eats you] (Slurpuff) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden / a seed perhaps ??
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
- Sacred Fire / literally whatever you want
- Spectral Thief / same as above

you're still outsped by regieleki (even without a speed boosting nature) and some speed control-type scarfers, but it's a belly drum sweeper. you drum, you clean. pretty simple.

BUT ALSO. MAY I PRESENT TO YOU

:ss/Slurpuff:
yum... [eats you] (Slurpuff) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Stealth Rock / Sticky Web / Spikes
- Sticky Web / Stealth Rock / Spikes
- Endeavor
- Misty Explosion / Soak / Sing / Strength Sap / Spectral Thief / Stun Spore / at this point who cares

maybe one of the best suicide leads in this meta, if you don't kill it now you have a field full of hazards, and if you do try and hit it, it'll just endeavor you and now you cant switch out. because theres hazards on the field!

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
A couple sets I've been

:ss/amoonguss:
Amoonguss @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Flip Turn
- Apple Acid / Clear Smog
- Sludge Bomb / Clear Smog
- Future Sight

Fake Slowthing Amoonguss is a goat. Comes in on many offensive threats such as Tapu Koko. I barely click anything besides Future Sight and Flip Turn, which helps keep momentum and pressure on the opposing team. Slowbro makes an excellent partner for this set.

:ss/tapu_koko:
Tapu Koko @ Chill Drive / Burn Drive / Douse Drive
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Techno Blast
- Thunder Cage / Thunderbolt / Discharge / Thunder
- Roost
- Volt Switch / Calm Mind

Band Koko is the most popular set from what I've seen, but special Techno Blast is also really cool. Chill Drive is overall the best. It messes really hard with a ton of Ground- and Dragon-types. Burn helps with a couple mons like Ferrothorn, but has fewer unique targets.
Douse Drive is good on rain teams, and otherwise is just a worse version of the others.

:amoonguss::gyarados::slowbro::rhydon::tapu_koko::rotom-heat: this is the team I've been running them on. So far I've enjoyed it, although certain setup sweepers can give it issues.

EDIT:
one more set!
:ss/rhyperior:
Rhyperior @ Leftovers / Weakness Policy / Life Orb
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 220 Spe OR 168 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Recover
- Rock Blast / Rock Slide / Stone Edge
- High Horsepower / Earthquake

The EVs depend on whether you want to outspeed 0 Spe Corv or 0 Spe Tangrowth. Rhyperior makes a nice fat set-up wallbreaker. It won't be soloing any teams but it hits hard and can tank hits really well. The addition of recovery gives it a lot of longevity, and it can even help wall some of the scary Flying types like Dragonite if kept healthy.

and speaking of Dragonite...
:ss/dragonite:

This thing is scary. The set is known and I'm not bringing anything particularly groundbreaking to the table, but Dragonite is one of the best setup sweepers in a metagame full of them. It sets up easily, has a bunch of options to choose from for coverage and utility, and hits really hard. Be prepared by bringing something like Spectral Thief Slowbro, one of the Steel / Flying types, or Rhydon / Rhyperior.
I could honestly see a suspect for this down the road but I wouldn't push for it yet.

Last edited:
Can confirm, Silvally in any forme will not validate with T moves if it's holding a memory. I was trying to run Taunt on my Silvally-Fairy to stop defoggers when I encountered this. I assume this is an oversight?

On another note, here's a fun team I've been laddering with to (surprisingly) good success. It's built with an ADV theme, hence the complete lack of any mons past Gen 3. The sets are fairly self explanatory for the most part. Skarmory is your dedicated lead and is quite consistent at getting dual hazards up then proceeding to off itself with Brave Bird recoil to prevent Defog. Salamence and Tyranitar are the meat of your offense, and are meant to break early and break fast. Tyranitar is also your answer to Topsy-Turvy Thundurus/Tornadus; if they ever try and click it you switch in, get a free Dragon Dance and claim your kill. Scizor and Celebi are your cleaners, as both require certain mons removed (bulky Waters for Scizor and most fat Flying and Dark types for Celebi). The last slot is a toss-up; I chose Suicune to have at least a little bit of bulk in the back, with resto-chesto Stored Power to minimize its passivity and setup time, but the other option I considered was Gengar as it's the only viable spinblocker with this theme and also serves as a great stallbreaker even with the increased distribution of Spectral Thief and improved viability of checks like Galarian Moltres, Swampert and Registeel.

Most of the movesets are quite variable. Skarmory could run Taunt or Selfdestruct to more consistently block Defog, Celebi can take a bulkier route with Recover over Earth Power, Salamence has a million different coverage options (though the only real replaceable move is Sunsteel Strike), Tyranitar has a very flexible movepool and can realistically run any 3 moves from it (I'd even argue with access to Triple Axel and Plasma Fists that it doesn't need Rock STAB), and Suicune could run Scald if you value the PP. Scizor is a bit more set in stone, but if you don't care about either Heatran or Corviknight you can drop one of the coverage moves for an absolutely nuclear Sunsteel Strike. You could also consider Sand Tomb over Sacred Sword in an attempt to beat Toxapex, but realistically it's a futile endeavor and you're better off ensuring it's gone before attempting to clean.

Given the limitations it was pretty well impossible to handle everything with this team: spinners are really annoying to play around with Suicune; screens are a tough matchup in general; Rhyperior is a pain as even with Rest you don't want Suicune eating a Toxic as it switches into what was thought to be SD, nor do you want Celebi eating a Megahorn trying to switch into a defensive variant; weather teams eat you alive with Kingdra and Venusaur; and last but not least, No Retreat Nidoking just wins. Still, it's a fun team that can win most bad matchups with good play and puts a lot of pressure on standard defensive cores while steamrolling a lot of offense with webs up. (and obviously if you don't care about the theme just edit the team and fix these issues lmao it ain't hard just slap thundy in slot 6)

Hey, long time reader, first time poster. I understand Glacial Lance has both dummy power and coverage, but the only thing that can viably use it in Alphabet Cup is Garchomp. Is this just a move that gets blanket banned in move-based OMs? I understand if it is.

EDIT: Thanks, I missed those when I searched "G" Pokemon in Showdown's builder.

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Hey, long time reader, first time poster. I understand Glacial Lance has both dummy power and coverage, but the only thing that can viably use it in Alphabet Cup is Garchomp. Is this just a move that gets blanket banned in move-based OMs? I understand if it is.
There is also Rillaboom (through Grookey), Gyarados, Arcanine (through Growlithe), and Conkeldurr (through Gurdurr). Don't forget Pre-evolutions count.

No move is automatically banned in every OM; each OM has its own banlist. The closest to that is OHKO moves or Evasion boosting, which are claused out of every non-AG-based meta.

This is a repost of readytolose's relevant moves for each mon compilation, with a few updates I made.

Demoted Ubers

Zing Zap

Zing Zap

OU

Bolt Strike, Brave Bird, Belly Drum

Haze, Corrosive Gas, Boomburst, Court Change, Clear Smog, Cotton Guard

Body Press, Bolt Strike, Belly Drum, Behemoth Bash, Behemoth Blade

Clangorous Soul, Court Change, Cotton Guard

Rapid Spin, Recover, Coil, Roar, Court Change

Dragon Energy, Dynamax Cannon, Defog, Discharge, Destiny Bond

Dragon Ascent, Dragon Darts, Dragon Energy

Extreme Speed, Diamond Storm, Dragon Dance, Explosion, Endeavor, Dragon Ascent

Flip Turn, Foul Play, Flamethrower

Gravity, Gunk Shot, Glare, Gear Grind

Haze, Healing Wish, Heal Bell, Hurricane, Hydro Pump

:pikuh:

Leech Seed, Lava Plume, Lunar Dance

Lava Plume, Leech Seed, Lunar Dance

Moonblast, Milk Drink, Mystical Fire, Magma Storm, Metal Burst, Moongeist Beam, Multi-Attack, Meteor Beam, Mind Blown

Milk Drink, Magma Storm, Mystical Fire, Metal Burst

Magma Storm, Milk Drink, Moongeist Beam, Meteor Beam

Nasty Plot, No Retreat, Night Daze, Nature's Madness

Water Spout, Water Shuriken, Parting Shot, Will-O-Wisp

Grav Apple, Trick, Triple Axel, Thousand Waves, Rapid Spin, Recover, Rock Slide, Thunderous Kick, Gunk Shot, Toxic

Spikes, Stealth Rock, Shore Up, Steam Eruption, Strength Sap, Sticky Web, Spectral Thief, Searing Shot

Shore Up, Spikes, Sticky Web, Strength Sap, Scorching Sands, Spectral Thief, Metal Burst, Magma Storm, Mystical Fire, Multi-Attack

Teleport, Topsy Turvy, Toxic Spikes, Trick Room, Terrain Pulse

Triple Axel, Techno Blast, Terrain Pulse, Thunder Cage, Toxic Spikes

Techno Blast, Teleport, Trick, Thunder Wave, Thunder, Thunderbolt

Teleport, Topsy-Turvy, Trick, Trick Room

Parting Shot, Precipice Blades, Trick, Leech Seed, Thousand Waves, Teleport, Trick Room, Triple Axel, Lava Plume, Photon Geyser

Zing Zap

UUBL

Blue Flare, Bolt Strike, Blaze Kick, Bonemerang, Burn Up, Bug Buzz, Belch, Blizzard, Bullet Seed, Brick Break, Bulk Up, Behemoth Blade, Behemoth Bash

Dragon Dance, Dragon Darts, Dragon Energy, Dragon Ascent

Glare, Heat Wave, Healing Wish

Head Smash, Healing Wish

Leech Seed, Lava Plume, V-create, Volt Switch

UU

Anchor Shot, Hex, Doom Desire, Aura Sphere, Dragon Dance, Drain Punch, Heat Wave, Diamond Storm, Disable, Avalanche, High Horsepower

Aura Sphere, Apple Acid

Flip Turn, Flamethrower, Apple Acid, Aura Sphere, Acid Spray, Focus Blast, Freezing Glare, Aromatherapy, Future Sight, Flamethrower

Aura Sphere, Aurora Veil

Agility, Milk Drink, Multi-Attack, Mach Punch

Bullet Punch, Belly Drum, Power Trip, Behemoth Blade, Behemoth Bash, Parting Shot, Bulk Up, Psychic Fangs, Pyro Ball

Coil, Calm Mind, Corrosive Gas, Cosmic Power, Court Change, Cotton Guard

Haze, Corrosive Gas, Court Change, Clear Smog, Cotton Guard

Coil, Cross Chop, Court Change, Clangorous Soul

Clangorous Soul

Glare, Gunk Shot, Gear Grind

Milk Drink, Glare, Multi-Attack, Gunk Shot

Heat Wave, High Jump Kick, Hurricane, Haze

Haze, Heal Bell

Dragon Energy, High Jump Kick, Dragon Darts, Healing Wish

Lava Plume, Leech Seed, Teleport, Thousand Waves, Toxic Spikes, Trick Room, Triple Axel, Trick

Jungle Healing

Knock Off

Knock Off, Jungle Healing, Heavy Slam, High Jump Kick, Heal Bell, King's Shield

Swords Dance, Sucker Punch, Spikes, Sticky Web, Shore Up, Spectral Thief

Lava Plume, Leech Seed, Lunar Dance

Magma Storm, Mind Blown, Mystical Fire, Milk Drink, Moongeist Beam, Meteor Beam

Swords Dance, Precipice Blades, Parting Shot, Spikes, Shore Up, Pyro Ball, Sacred Fire, Power Whip, Sticky Web, Spectral Thief, Sucker Punch, Switcheroo

Close Combat, Mach Punch, Clangorous Soul, Milk Drink

Memento, Moongeist Beam, Mind Blown, Magma Storm, Multi-Attack

Milk Drink, Magma Storm, Mind Blown, Mystical Fire, Moongeist Beam, Meteor Beam

Nasty Plot, No Retreat, Night Daze, Nature's Madness

Boomburst, Psystrike, Parting Shot, Blue Flare, Photon Geyser

Recover, Rapid Spin, Roar, Roar of Time, Rock Polish, Rising Voltage, RockSlide

Recover, Rapid Spin, Roar, Rock Polish

Recover, Rapid Spin, Roar, Rock Polish

Brave Bird, Sacred Fire, Spikes, Superpower, Shore Up, Switcheroo, Spectral Thief, Swords Dance, Sucker Punch, Sunsteel Strike, Stealth Rock, Sticky Web

Shore Up, Sunsteel Strike, Storm Throw, Spikes, Spectral Thief, Stealth Rock, Sticky Web, Switcheroo, Sacred Fire, Strength Sap, Stone Edge

Strength Sap, Shore Up, Spectral Thief, Sacred Fire, Sticky Web, Sunsteel Strike

Shore Up, Sacred Fire, Strength Sap, Sucker Punch, Spikes, Sunsteel Strike, Spectral Thief

Trick Room, Teleport, Thousand Waves, Thunderous Kick, Trick, Triple Axel, Techno Blast

Techno Blast, Terrain Pulse, Teleport, Trick Room

Taunt, Techno Blast, Teleport, Trick

Techno Blast, Trick, Thunder Cage

Volt Switch, Vacuum Wave

V-create, Volt Switch, Volt Tackle, Vacuum Wave

RU

Stealth Rock, Spikes, Sticky Web, Apple Acid, Shore Up, Strength Sap, Autotomize, Aura Sphere, Sacred Fire, Searing Shot, Self-Destruct, Soak

Accelerock, Acrobatics

Aqua Jet, Autotomize, Attack Order, Dragon Dance, Defog

Glare, Gunk Shot

Accelerock, Aeroblast

Aqua Jet, Autotomize, Aurora Veil

Autotomize, Aurora Veil

Aura Sphere, Aeroblast, Aromatherapy

Aura Sphere, Aeroblast, Aromatherapy

Bolt Strike, Blaze Kick, Belly Drum, Brave Bird, Bullet Punch

Shore Up, Sacred Sword, Strength Sap, Spikes, Stealth Rock, Spectral Thief, Sucker Punch, Sticky Web, Belly Drum, Bolt Strike

Steam Eruption, Water Shuriken, Blue Flare, Bolt Strike, Stored Power, Shore Up, Spikes, Stealth Rock, Shell Side Arm, Will-O-Wisp, Wish, Whirlwind, Belly Drum

Bolt Strike, Body Slam, Rapid Spin, Blue Flare, Belly Drum

Bullet Punch, Belly Drum, Behemoth Blade, Behemoth Bash

Clangorous Soul, Court Change, Close Combat

Leech Seed, Lava Plume, Clangorous Soul, Lunar Dance

Clangorous Soul, Calm Mind, Core Enforcer

Stealth Rock, Steam Eruption, Sacred Fire, Crabhammer, Scald, Clangorous Soul, Scale Shot, Strength Sap, Shore Up, Sticky Web, Swords Dance

Trick Room, Gunk Shot, Triple Axel, Coil, Trick, Circle Throw, Curse, Crunch, Throat Chop, Court Change

Coil, Close Combat, Crunch

Clangorous Soul, Cosmic Power, Court Change, Cotton Guard

Gunk Shot, Coil, Close Combat, Glare, Gear Grind, Zing Zap

Dragon Dance, Drum Beating, Diamond Storm

Dragon Dance, Drum Beating, Rapid Spin, Roar, Drain Punch, Diamond Storm, Roar

Dragon Dance, Drum Beating, Defog, Doom Desire, Drain Punch, Diamond Storm

Defog, Dragon Dance, Drain Punch

Dragon Dance, Diamond Storm, Belly Drum, Bolt Strike, Bonemerang

Hypnosis, Dynamic Punch, High Jump Kick, Drain Punch, High Horsepower, Dragon Ascent, Defog

Spacial Rend, Dragon Energy, Shell Side Arm, Searing Shot, Shore Up, Spikes, Stealth Rock, Switcheroo, Dragon Breath, Defog, Dynamax Cannon

Dragon Dance, Shore Up, Shell Side Arm, Spikes, Darkest Lariat, Storm Throw, Sucker Punch, Sacred Fire, Defog, Stealth Rock, Sticky Web, Spectral Thief, Stone Edge, Switcheroo

Dragon Dance, Diamond Storm, Drain Punch, Darkest Lariat

Earthquake, Explosion, Eerie Spell

Extreme Speed, Wicked Blow, Explosion, Earth Power, Eruption

V-create, Thousand Waves, Trick, Fishious Rend, Flip Turn, Triple Axel, Volt Switch, Fusion Bolt

Recover, Rapid Spin, Glare, Giga Drain, Roar

Wicked Blow, Gunk Shot, Glare, Will-O-Wisp, Gyro Ball

Gravity, Gunk Shot, Gear Grind, Glare

Shore Up, Spikes, Stealth Rock, Spacial Rend, Strength Sap, Glare, Gunk Shot, Searing Shot, Spectral Thief, Switcheroo

Milk Drink, Glare, Memento, Misty Explosion, Moonblast, Gravity, Gunk Shot, Ice Beam

Anchor Shot, Agility, Fire Lash, Flare Blitz, Fishious Rend, Flip Turn, Head Smash, Healing Wish

Heat Wave, Healing Wish, Hydro Pump, Hurricane, Heal Bell

Healing Wish, Head Smash, High Jump Kick

Head Smash, Healing Wish

Ice Beam

Ice Beam

Steam Eruption, Spacial Rend, Knock Off, Searing Shot, Snipe Shot, Switcheroo, Spikes, Sparkling Aria, Stealth Rock, Storm Throw

Knock Off

Knock Off, King's Shield

Land's Wrath, Lash Out, Zing Zap, Low Kick, Zen Headbutt

Rapid Spin, Lava Plume, Recover

Rapid Spin, Leaf Blade, Liquidation, Lunar Dance, Rock Wrecker

Mach Punch, Milk Drink, Meteor Mash, Multi-Attack, Megahorn

Milk Drink, Magma Storm, Mystical Fire, Meteor Beam

Milk Drink, Belly Drum, Behemoth Bash, Behemoth Blade, Multi-Attack

Mach Punch, Meteor Mash, Multi-Attack

Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Fishious Rend, Moonblast, Magma Storm, Mystical Fire

Memento, Multi-Attack, Mach Punch

No Retreat, Nasty Plot, Nuzzle

Nasty Plot, No Retreat, Nuzzle, Night Daze

Volt Switch, V-create, Nuzzle, No Retreat, Nature's Madness

Nasty Plot, No Retreat, Night Daze

Leech Seed, Octolock, Lash Out, Zing Zap

Origin Pulse, Oblivion Wing, Overdrive, Overheat, Octolock

Spikes, Spectral Thief, Strength Sap, Parting Shot, Scald, Searing Shot, Sticky Web, Switcheroo, Psystrike

Precipice Blades, Plasma Fists, Play Rough, Psychic Fangs, Pyro Ball, Photon Geyser, Pain Split

Precipice Blades, Parting Shot, Plasma Fists, Play Rough, Psychic Fangs, Photon Geyser, Poltergeist, Pyro Ball, Power Whip, Power Trip

Parting Shot, Pain Split, Psystrike, Photon Geyser

Secret Sword, Psystrike, Photon Geyser, Searing Shot, Spikes, Spectral Thief, Shore Up, Switcheroo, Stealth Rock, Sticky Web, Parting Shot

Parting Shot, Psystrike, Photon Geyser

Psystrike, Photon Geyser, Parting Shot, Rapid Spin, Recover, Parabolic Charge

Recover, Rapid Spin

Recover, Rapid Spin, Roar

Shore Up, Spikes, Rapid Spin, Defog, Stealth Rock, Strength Sap, Searing Shot, Roar, Strange Steam, Discharge, Scorching Sands, Sticky Web, Spectral Thief

Recover, Rapid Spin

Rapid Spin, Court Change, Counter, Copycat, Corrosive Gas

Blue Flare, Recover, Rapid Spin, Belch, Roar

V-create, Stealth Rock, Wicked Blow, Shell Side Arm, Sacred Fire, Spectral Thief, Sticky Web, Self-Destruct, Shore Up, Switcheroo

Shore Up, Sucker Punch, Swords Dance, Sacred Sword, Sacred Fire, Stealth Rock, Spikes, Sticky Web, Sunsteel Strike, Switcheroo, Spectral Thief, Shell Side Arm

Stealth Rock, Sticky Web, Storm Throw, Shore Up, Spikes, Sacred Fire, Scale Shot, Switcheroo, Spectral Thief

Shore Up, Parting Shot, Spikes, Steam Eruption, Teleport, Toxic Spikes, Strength Sap, Precipice Blades, Trick, Thunder, Thunder Wave, Triple Axel, Sacred Fire, Searing Shot, Spectral Thief, Stone Edge, Swords Dance, Sticky Web

Swords Dance, Crabhammer, Sucker Punch, Stealth Rock, Spikes, Sticky Web, Switcheroo, Sacred Fire

No Retreat, Sacred Fire, Searing Shot, Night Daze, Spikes, Stealth Rock, Sticky Web, Shore Up, Switcheroo, Sunsteel Strike, Strength Sap

Secret Sword, Spikes, Shore Up, Strength Sap, Searing Shot, Stealth Rock, Sticky Web

(Steel) Shore Up, Spikes, Stealth Rock, Sunsteel Strike, Thousand Waves, Teleport, Sticky Web, Strength Sap, Triple Axel, Secret Sword, Spectral Thief, Taunt, Sucker Punch, Superpower

Shore Up, Spikes, Flip Turn, Stealth Rock, Sucker Punch, Strength Sap, Sacred Sword, Sacred Fire, Fake Out, Fishious Rend, Fusion Bolt

Shore Up, Spikes, Sacred Fire, Searing Shot, Stealth Rock, Sticky Web, Spectral Thief, Strength Sap, Sucker Punch, Swords Dance

Spikes, Stealth Rock, Shore Up, Steam Eruption, Strength Sap, Sticky Web, Spectral Thief, Searing Shot

Spikes, Stealth Rock, Shore Up, Shell Side Arm, Searing Shot, Strength Sap, Sticky Web, Spectral Thief

Spikes, Stealth Rock, Sacred Fire, Sucker Punch, Shore Up, Strength Sap, Searing Shot, Spectral Thief, Strange Steam, Stone Edge

Shore Up, Spikes, Stealth Rock, Multi-Attack, Spectral Thief, Switcheroo, Sucker Punch, Metal Burst, Sticky Web

Steam Eruption, Spikes, Stealth Rock, Sticky Web, Searing Shot, Shore Up, Strength Sap, Sparkling Aria

Shore Up, Spikes, Sunsteel Strike, Spectral Thief, Sacred Fire, Strength Sap, Sticky Web, Stun Spore, Sucker Punch

Shore Up, Spikes, Steam Eruption, Strength Sap, Stealth Rock, Searing Shot, Sticky Web

Extreme Speed, Explosion, Swords Dance, Shore Up, Sacred Fire, Earthquake, Searing Shot, Earth Power, Stealth Rock, Spikes, Strength Sap, Sticky Web, Spectral Thief, Scorching Sands

Fire Lash, Flip Turn, Thunderous Kick, Thousand Waves, Fishious Rend, Toxic Spikes

Teleport, Trick Room, Thousand Waves, Thunder Wave, Topsy-Turvy, Toxic Spikes, Thunderous Kick, Trick

Trick, Thunderous Kick, Thousand Waves, Throat Chop, Triple Axel

Topsy-Turvy, Techno Blast, Thunder Cage, Trick, Triple Axel, Toxic Spikes, Thousand Waves

Teleport, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Taunt, Techno Blast

Topsy-Turvy, Thunder Wave, Techno Blast, Trick, Thunderbolt, Triple Axel, Toxic Spikes, Thousand Waves

Trick, Techno Blast, Thunder Cage, Toxic Spikes

Shore Up, Spikes, Bulk Up, Sacred Fire, Thousand Waves, Stealth Rock, Trick, Bolt Strike, Belly Drum, Trick Room, Strength Sap, Sticky Web, Sucker Punch

Triple Axel, Trick, Trick Room, Thunderous Kick, Thousand Waves, Taunt, Toxic Spikes

U-turn, Earthquake

Volt Switch, Volt Tackle, V-create

Blue Flare, V-create, Ice Beam, Volt Switch

Calm Mind, Glare, Giga Drain, V-create, Court Change, Vacuum Wave

Volt Switch, Glare, Gunk Shot, V-create, Origin Pulse, Overheat

V-create, Volt Switch, Vacuum Wave, Volt Tackle

Wish, King's Shield, Knock Off, Whirlwind

Zing Zap

Zing Zap

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance / Scale Shot
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake

This is very hard to wall and goes crazy in the late game. The first slot is a choice between more power and more coverage.

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Triple Axel

Rock + Fighting + Ice coverage is brutal, especially coming from a +2 Terrakion. Teams without speed control often fold to it quickly.

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- No Retreat
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

After a boost, it murders nearly everything that isn't a pink blob. Impossible to revenge-kill if webs are up. Super reliable.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

A capable spinner and solid special wall. Not much to elaborate on here. It's one of the better spinners for stall imo.

Blacephalon @ Life Orb / Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Blue Flare / Blaze Kick
- Bolt Strike
- Knock Off / Shadow Ball / Brick Break / Bullet Seed
- Knock Off / Shadow Ball / Brick Break / Bullet Seed

Mixed (or fully physical) Blacephalon is a menace; it is very powerful and very hard to wall. Great surpise factor too.

I can confirm that drampa's grandpa's team is very solid, he kicked my ass with it.

Last edited:
Gyarados @ Flying Memory / HDB / Leftovers
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance / Tech
- Aqua Tail / Liquidation
- Multi-Attack / Coverage / Tech
- Milk Drink / Coverage / Glare
This is the sweeper Gyarados many people are used to, but now with Flying STAB. Milk Drink also gives it recovery and Glare provides speed control. If you're looking for a bulky Intimidate user, you can certainly adapt this thing to fit those needs. Fair Warning: Knock Off will remove your memory, so keep that in mind!
gyarados doesnt get liquidation :smogthink:

Here, have some cursed sets.

:Conkeldurr:
Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Close Combat
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off

Fighting/Ice coverage is just dumb. I've had a few TA misses but it's not the end of the world. Really, there are sooo few things that can switch into this, much less when it can set its own Trick Room and go HAM for 4 turns. Just don't get Knocked Off.

:Volcanion:
Volcanion @ Choice Band/Expert Belt
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- V-create
- Volt Tackle
- Liquidation/Vine Whip
- Volt Switch

Victini gets away with a worse defensive typing and Ability (if better overall bulk), now that Volcanion's got some real physical STAB I thought I'd try it. The damage is out of control, as STAB V-create always is. I got tired of Seismitoads, Swamperts, and Quagsires switching in for free so I gave it trash coverage (that's actually useful because you're clicking V-create 90% of the time).

:Magearna:
Magearna @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Moongeist Beam
- Volt Switch

Magearna does Magearna things now with consistent Fairy STAB and high power coverage that lets Magearna break Unaware Pokemon if your opponent tries to sack something for a free switch. Item could go a lot of ways but it's sooo satisfying setting up Trick Room in Excadrill's face.

:Stakataka:
Stakataka @ Chople Berry
Lonely Nature
IVs: 15 Def / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Sacred Fire/Earthquake/Seed Bomb/Sacred Sword
- Sacred Fire/Earthquake/Seed Bomb/Sacred Sword

Stak does Stak things. Trick Room and Gyro Ball are mandatory, leaving it with just a little bit of 4MSS. Same with Magearna, the item could go a lot of different ways, and sometimes the difference between winning and losing a game is their Sharpedo carrying Close Combat instead of Earthquake.

:Reuniclus:
Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Secret Sword
- Steel Beam

Classic OTR Trick Room Reuniclus now with nutty coverage. Secret Sword is the GOAT Special coverage move, and while there's a number of moves Reuniclus can get (it gets S, D, and R) I took Steel Beam for the big base power.

:Tangrowth:
Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Teleport
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off

T Pokemon get Trick Room and Teleport. I've run Toxapex and Tangrowth before. It's as obnoxious as it sounds.

I'm doing a bit of testing with sirfetch'd, flame charge is an excellent move for it, and it also gets access to other cool moves like spectral thief and fusion bolt.

Primarina now gets water type STAB Boomburst. that's a huge buff, and liquid voice is now worthwhile.

:ss/weezing-galar:
Weezing-Galar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Strange Steam
- Knock Off / Sludge Bomb / Flamethrower / Haze
- Wish
- King's Shield

Cool mon that walls most physical stuff. King's Shield drops attack on contact which is really nice. Gas would be cool, but Levitate feels essential in this meta. It transforms soo many matchups.

:ss/armaldo:
Armaldo @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Accelerock
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

125 base attack is solid, and it's amazing how much rock-weak shit there is in this meta. Earthquake hits like everything else.

Eli

any?
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
hi i do, contrary to popular belief, exist. i come with updates:
  • i updated op
    • bans like zamazenta crowned clarified, moved updates to end so important info to understanding tier is up first

• i updated sample sets
    • thanks TL The Legend for the gyarados mention, ended up going back through the majority and cleaning them up a lot. go give them a look, theyre epic

• bans will soon be fixed on ps so you will be able to use magnet pull to your hearts content, as you should. thank you kris for your hard work .

• council update
    • i remain, 23gz has come along for whatever ride this meta has, we will do our best to uh make the tier nice i guess

• sort of working on preliminary vr, that's the most info on it i can give for now
i enjoy seeing all your fun and interesting ideas here, keep them coming, new ideas are always cool

ok that's all i think bye

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
:Blissey:
Blissey (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Bold Nature
- Boomburst
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball / Cotton Guard
- Soft-Boiled
This is like the only thing than can make use of Boomburst and it actually works sometimes, even with 75 SpA, Boomburst hursts. How often can you call Blissey your wincon?

Um... I found something that I think might be a bit, disgusting, to say the least. Honedge, and by extension Doublade, have access to No Guard Hypnosis, and Doublade can also use Dragon Dance to get speed boosts to eventually outspeed whatever it wants. The set of this I've used is as follows:

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
Adamant Nature
- Hypnosis
- Dynamic Punch
- Dragon Dance
- Shadow Sneak

Sleep that can't miss is really good. Especially on somethin with such tremendous physical bulk and the ability to set-up and then hit hard and fast. Oh yeah, and if sleep isn't enough, add Dynamic Punch that can't miss for guaranteed Confusion.

Um... I found something that I think might be a bit, disgusting, to say the least. Honedge, and by extension Doublade, have access to No Guard Hypnosis, and Doublade can also use Dragon Dance to get speed boosts to eventually outspeed whatever it wants. The set of this I've used is as follows:

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
Adamant Nature
- Hypnosis
- Dynamic Punch
- Dragon Dance
- Shadow Sneak

Sleep that can't miss is really good. Especially on somethin with such tremendous physical bulk and the ability to set-up and then hit hard and fast. Oh yeah, and if sleep isn't enough, add Dynamic Punch that can't miss for guaranteed Confusion.
It's an interesting idea, but if you're not investing in speed, you're still not very fast even after 4 Dragon Dances; you should either invest in speed or switch to Swords Dance. Also, you might want to consider Shadow Claw over Shadow Sneak, especially if you decide to invest in speed.

Eli

any?
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
:Blissey:
Blissey (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Bold Nature
- Boomburst
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball / Cotton Guard
- Soft-Boiled
This is like the only thing than can make use of Boomburst and it actually works sometimes, even with 75 SpA, Boomburst hursts. How often can you call Blissey your wincon?
i forgot i was gonna respond oops.

if you want something stronger than can make use of boomburst, there's always primarina, which can make it a water type stab move with liquid voice. that combined with choice specs is strong.

not exactly related to that, but here's something i've been messing with
Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Cage
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt
- Roost

steals the idea of trapper fini from ou and turns it into koko. thunder cage is a pretty strong trapping move when combined with stab and terrain, so you might even be able to just ohko/2hko some things, but trapping is there if you need it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)