NOC Amnesiac Mafia Game 1 - N2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
User--------N0 Target------N0 Result------N1 Target-------N1 Result-------D2 Vote------N2 Target-------N2 Result
UncleSam----Blazade-------N/A------------Yeti---------------N/A------------jumpluff------pluffbees--------N/A (vig primed)
jumpluff------Blazade-------N/A------------Ditto----------Failed (hook?)----no lynch-----UncleSam-------N/A (vig primed)
Yeti-----------Flyhn------Flyhn-->Yeti-----askaninjask--No watch, Failed, Silenced------Ditto-------------rssp1
Blazade-------rssp1-----Target hooked----jumpluff------Target hooked-----no lynch-----Yeti--------------Failed (hit OG)
askaninjask---Ditto---------N/A------------Idled-----------Force Activated--no lynch-----Yeti--------------Blocked Blazade
Walrein--------rssp1----Target psyched-----Idled-----------N/A-------------jumpluff-----askaninjask------Target psyched
rssp1-----UncleSam-Failed, Silenced, Psyched (OG)- Blazade-lol----------jumpluff-----Ditto--------------Target silenced
Ditto---------jumpluff-------N/A------------Yeti--------------N/A-------------blazade------??-----------------Silenced
Flyhn----------Yeti----Reversed Watcher---askaninjask--Reversed OG------no vote------UncleSam--------N/A

k here is the table

Flyhn target Blazade

zorbees and Sam try to kill each other

aska protect me

Walrein psych Flyhn or Ditto I guess lolz

I watch a MYSTERIOUS POSSIBLE VIGILANTE

vote rssp1

good game lads

Yeti

dark saturday
vonFiedler internet we hammered rssp1 ready 4 update and ready 4 every1 to send actions

so nice not being silenced x)

i think mafia has to chain silence the watcher and don has to get kills off to win, otherwise you can piece things together like this

or rssp1 claims he targeted me n0 and fakes as watcher while chain silencing me so i can never counter it instead of og which got him caught out and he would have been lynched for it anyway yesterday if i wasn't silenced (though he wouldn't have faked being an og psych if i had said i failed targeting aska so - silencing me wound up getting him caught and killed HEH)

Yeti

dark saturday
btw cant wait to hear how cucked unclesam was he never got a kill off due to hitting askaidlejask og twice once when aska didnt even send an action LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
rssp1 was the silencer

If you would like to resign under the circumstance that you are scum, please shoot me a pm specifying this.

It is now night 3. 48 hours

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ok ya I resigned in my role PM the instant I got my failed result last night but I wanted to post from a computer; the game pretty much ended yesterday but there was an outside chance of a kill on Yeti causing a comeback, contrary to popular belief I was not frustrated by it failing because there's no reason it ever should've worked, it was just the only play left and I had to hope that it did work

Anyway I sent this PM to the hosts near the beginning of Day 2 (after initial target claims):
PM to hosts said:
Alright game breakdown is:
Pluff-Vig
Aska:omni
Flyhn:PT
Yeti-Watcher
Ditto-Mayor
Walrein-Psych
Blazade-Hooker
Rssp-silencer
US-Don

I need to lynch pluff today or it's a loss, village has too much info so I'll make a post when I'm off work to lynch pluff and give an alternative game breakdown

If pluff isn't lynched they kill Blazade and it's gg, there's just too many village roles alive.

Alright well if pluff gets lynched we can win if I get a last second message to rssp and Blazade assuming the answer to one scenario(pls confirm):
- I target OMni
- omni targets PT
- PT targets omni or silencer
- hooker targets PT

Am I correct in assuming that I will kill the omni and the PT will be hooked regardless of his target? Is there either case where that is incorrect?
Anyway the hosts confirmed that that would work and we would win instantly if jumpluff got lynched, jumpluff was the only possible lynch because there was no way to stop PT/Omniguard/Vigilante with our role setup. I'm glad that at least I figured out how to win, even if my teammates didn't pick up on the hints I dropped/threw in their faces X_X

So I went for a jumpluff mislynch and almost got it...but then Blazade refused to vote and we lost. Sigh. I was spamming refresh and was set to post instructions with 5s left if he did vote, but he didn't and the game was lost more or less.
I still had a tiny bit of hope that Blazade would figure it out and hook aska N2 so that I could kill Yeti, but alas he apparently still thinks he is village lol

(I'm still convinced that Ditto leaving a vote on Blazade was just a simple mistake, but Ditto did well that entire day regardless so /me huggles gj on carrying qt, sorry I had to be a bit rude to you it's just my town meta at this point if I ignore it then I get called scum, see last game X_X)

rssp1 needed to claim vigilante, claiming omniguard just shut off so many options AND made it harder to lynch jumpluff simultaneously. I even claimed it for him lol, surprised no one (including him) picked up on that.
What he really needed to do was not claim he was Psyched, there's just no world where that helps us since he knows he is Silencer. Rip man maybe you thought jumpluff was actually don or something but I thought it was a pretty obvious hint to you X_X At least you voted jumpluff though :p

I do think that people need to stop talking about NOCs outside of the game thread. Yeti constantly talked about how she was silenced when I in theory could've tried to claim that Flyhn/her were lying, and that was pretty unfair that she was allowed to do that. Outside of that zorbees/Ditto/Walrein all talked a fair bit in #circus at varying points, asking the hosts to update, asking who hadn't sent actions, etc. I do it a bit too and I'm not saying the hosts handled it poorly, just that I think the next NOC ought to be stricter about talking about the game outside of the thread.

jumpluff I accused of being mafia because I had to to win. Sorry but I didn't insult them, I have nothing to apologize for. I just made logical arguments to win, nothing more. If jumpluff can't handle being accused in a NOC then don't play NOCs lol (frankly I'm never signing up for another NOC anyway NOC lynches are just really unpleasant in general and I have to pretend to be super bully pulpit and aggressive or else it's not my 'town meta' rofl). The only people who ought to be apologized to are Ditto/Flyhn/Walrein who me/jumpluff insulted, me because it's my town meta (sorry!) and jumpluff because they just ragequit because they couldn't deal with being called mafia or something

Only comment on the setup is I think that the hooker ought to have some way of confirming himself, but frankly I almost snagged a victory anyway when things went as terribly as possible during the first two nights so on the whole I think the setup was good/balanced. I think that a good don has a lot of room to maneuver, but ultimately I just couldn't get rssp1 and Blazade to go along with me.

I am convinced that Flyhn targeting aska (Yeti's right btw I targeted Ditto N0 then lied about it, I'm surprised I got away with that throughout Day 2 but w.e) was just a rand but it's a rand that saved the game. The nature of a 9-man NOC with roles like this is that one rand swings things hugely in one direction or the other, which is unfortunate but it's how the setup is meant to play out.

Overall the village deserved to win imo, rssp1 and Blazade just weren't thinking I was Don or weren't looking for me and my plans came up just a bit short in the end. All the villagers except jumpluff played solidly, particularly Ditto who really carried throughout Day 2. jumpluff I still have no clue wtf they were doing but they were traveling and distracted, and I've made way worse plays in previous NOCs (cough Galladiator cough Haunted Diamond cough) when I was paying full attention. I do think Walrein's vote was *ok* but obviously was incorrect, he definitely did not deserve to be berated by jumpluff for it though because frankly it was 100% jumpluff's fault.

Flyhn I feel could've played a little more actively, but his targeting was fucking godlike. Not sure how much of that was blind luck versus intuition, but either way his night targets plus Ditto's Day 2 play carried.

I think this setup ought to be played again with maybe a slight notification to the Hooker (maybe the Hooker ought to be told their action failed or something?). I don't think I'd have done anything differently this game, I stalled out Day 1 just like I planned to then did exactly what I wanted to Day 2, just got unlucky with Flyhn's targeting and Ditto's gut/not unvoting Blazade saved it.

Yeti did well but didn't really get to participate cause lolNOCsilencer, she sealed an already sealed game Day 3 and figured out some stuff others hadn't though. zorbees made some really solid posts Day 3 that pretty much solidified that there was no chance I'd be able to do anything other than maybe win a 50/50 against him but never also get a 50/50 win with a Walrein lynch, so the game was done even before Blazade claimed his target accurately again X_X

Blazade was just in a tough position in that he had no solid proof he was Hooker and so just hoped he was village because he thought the village would win. It was really hard to talk him down off the lynch cliff yesterday when village me would've lynched Blazade or rssp1 100% of the time there (or just no lynched), was hoping he would pick up on that (and he seemed pro-me most of the day so I was convinced up until his last post that he would come up with a justification to lynch jumpluff...) but it's just hard in this setup. I do think that once jumpluff told him he was hooker he ought to have lied about his target though, I also don't think rssp1 should've said he was hooked because it would've pointed to more shenanigans with Flyhn/Yeti that I could've spun but instead it really solidified a lot of roles.

Anyway this post is now going to be made during the night so consider this a FUCK TIGER and ggwp to the village ^_^

Last edited:
Ok ya I resigned the instant I got my failed result via PM but I wanted to post from a computer; the game pretty much ended yesterday but there was an outside chance of a kill on Yeti causing a comeback, contrary to popular belief I was not frustrated by it failing because there's no reason it ever should've worked, it was just the only play left and I had to hope that it did work

Anyway I sent this PM to the hosts near the beginning of Day 2 (after initial target claims):

Anyway the hosts confirmed that that would work and we would win instantly if jumpluff got lynched, jumpluff was the only possible lynch because there was no way to stop PT/Omniguard/Vigilante with our role setup. I'm glad that at least I figured out how to win, even if my teammates didn't pick up on the hints I dropped/threw in their faces X_X

So I went for a jumpluff mislynch and almost got it...but then Blazade refused to vote and we lost. Sigh. I was spamming refresh and was set to post instructions with 5s left if he did vote, but he didn't and the game was lost more or less.
I still had a tiny bit of hope that Blazade would figure it out and hook aska N2 so that I could kill Yeti, but alas he apparently still thinks he is village lol

(I'm still convinced that Ditto leaving a vote on Blazade was just a simple mistake, but Ditto did well that entire day regardless so /me huggles gj on carrying qt, sorry I had to be a bit rude to you it's just my town meta at this point if I ignore it then I get called scum, see last game X_X)

rssp1 needed to claim vigilante, claiming omniguard just shut off so many options AND made it harder to lynch jumpluff simultaneously. I even claimed it for him lol, surprised no one (including him) picked up on that.
What he really needed to do was not claim he was Psyched, there's just no world where that helps us since he knows he is Silencer. Rip man maybe you thought jumpluff was actually don or something but I thought it was a pretty obvious hint to you X_X At least you voted jumpluff though :p

I do think that people need to stop talking about NOCs outside of the game thread. Yeti constantly talked about how she was silenced when I in theory could've tried to claim that Flyhn/her were lying, and that was pretty unfair that she was allowed to do that. Outside of that zorbees/Ditto/Walrein all talked a fair bit in #circus at varying points, asking the hosts to update, asking who hadn't sent actions, etc. I do it a bit too and I'm not saying the hosts handled it poorly, just that I think the next NOC ought to be stricter about talking about the game outside of the thread.

jumpluff I accused of being mafia because I had to to win. Sorry but I didn't insult them, I have nothing to apologize for. I just made logical arguments to win, nothing more. If jumpluff can't handle being accused in a NOC then don't play NOCs lol (frankly I'm never signing up for another NOC anyway NOC lynches are just really unpleasant in general and I have to pretend to be super bully pulpit and aggressive or else it's not my 'town meta' rofl). The only people who ought to be apologized to are Ditto/Flyhn/Walrein who me/jumpluff insulted, me because it's my town meta (sorry!) and jumpluff because they just ragequit because they couldn't deal with being called mafia or something

Only comment on the setup is I think that the hooker ought to have some way of confirming himself, but frankly I almost snagged a victory anyway when things went as terribly as possible during the first two nights so on the whole I think the setup was good/balanced. I think that a good don has a lot of room to maneuver, but ultimately I just couldn't get rssp1 and Blazade to go along with me.

I am convinced that Flyhn targeting aska (Yeti's right btw I targeted Ditto N0 then lied about it, I'm surprised I got away with that throughout Day 2 but w.e) was just a rand but it's a rand that saved the game. The nature of a 9-man NOC with roles like this is that one rand swings things hugely in one direction or the other, which is unfortunate but it's how the setup is meant to play out.

Overall the village deserved to win imo, rssp1 and Blazade just weren't thinking I was Don or weren't looking for me and my plans came up just a bit short in the end. All the villagers except jumpluff played solidly, particularly Ditto who really carried throughout Day 2. jumpluff I still have no clue wtf they were doing but they were traveling and distracted, and I've made way worse plays in previous NOCs (cough Galladiator cough Haunted Diamond cough) when I was paying full attention. I do think Walrein's vote was *ok* but obviously was incorrect, he definitely did not deserve to be berated by jumpluff for it though because frankly it was 100% jumpluff's fault.

Flyhn I feel could've played a little more actively, but his targeting was fucking godlike. Not sure how much of that was blind luck versus intuition, but either way his night targets plus Ditto's Day 2 play carried.

I think this setup ought to be played again with maybe a slight notification to the Hooker (maybe the Hooker ought to be told their action failed or something?). I don't think I'd have done anything differently this game, I stalled out Day 1 just like I planned to then did exactly what I wanted to Day 2, just got unlucky with Flyhn's targeting and Ditto's gut/not unvoting Blazade saved it.

Yeti did well but didn't really get to participate cause lolNOCsilencer, she sealed an already sealed game Day 3 and figured out some stuff others hadn't though. zorbees made some really solid posts Day 3 that pretty much solidified that there was no chance I'd be able to do anything other than maybe win a 50/50 against him but never also get a 50/50 win with a Walrein lynch, so the game was done even before Blazade claimed his target accurately again X_X

Blazade was just in a tough position in that he had no solid proof he was Hooker and so just hoped he was village because he thought the village would win. It was really hard to talk him down off the lynch cliff yesterday when village me would've lynched Blazade or rssp1 100% of the time there (or just no lynched), was hoping he would pick up on that (and he seemed pro-me most of the day so I was convinced up until his last post that he would come up with a justification to lynch jumpluff...) but it's just hard in this setup. I do think that once jumpluff told him he was hooker he ought to have lied about his target though, I also don't think rssp1 should've said he was hooked because it would've pointed to more shenanigans with Flyhn/Yeti that I could've spun but instead it really solidified a lot of roles.

Anyway this post is now going to be made during the night so consider this a FUCK TIGER and ggwp to the village ^_^
TL;DR

Sam I wanted to believe in the jumpluff lynch to win it but I thought aska was mayor then and I certainly didn't think rssp1 was my scumbuddy because he corroborated the hook. I 50-50ed him over others when I had to claim n1 target and I didn't even realize it was SvS. I also had like not that much time that day and I was really tired.

I didn't know which of you and pluff was don either which complicated things

I also could have lied a lot earlier (about n0) but basically everything is provable under this paradigm so I didn't think it made sense for me to esp since I didn't expect others to target rssp1 which made me not think he was silencer and I was hooker specifically. Because there was no kill that night I thought I had to play for the long con and try to appear as trustworthy as possible. Ditto was on my ass because I was "leading" and I was gonna take things at that pace as either alingment but it didn't help.

Either way I was town MVP as scum I guess, it happens. I REALLY didn't want to roll scum this game and maybe it could have gone better if any kill had worked but this was a good game.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
my n1 idle and pluff vote were pretty questionable but i think i played well otherwise

gg all let's try to keep personal attacks out of future NOCs :)

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
yea thats game, congrats town on your victory

most impressive occurrence this game was probably sam being correct about everyone's role super early

most hilarious occurrence this game is yeti's entire reaction to being silenced, with "Have you said a sincere word in your life and did it have more than one syllable" in a strong second place.

please give me any and all feedback you might have about the game since I might decide to make an amnesiac mafia 2 and your opinion might influence the course of its design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)