Analysis of IV Distribution of resetted legendarys in Emerald

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know all this is based on research on stationary legendaries, but does the same thing apply to eggs received from the Day Care Man? I'm soft-resetting in front of him on Emerald atm, and wondering if I'll get a wider range of IVs if I wait different times to pick up my egg.

I tried this thing on my Pearl!
So, I was at Azelf for catching it, I reseted, after a day I saw that I was having only unlucky IVs so I returned back the DS time to the day when I found that lucky Azelf and after some tries I found almost the same Azelf, x3 flawless IVs.
This makes me thinking that if you find a good uber pokemon then you should return back the time to the same moment and retry catching until you get a better one.
Hope this would help someone. ;)

almost the same says nothing at all.
but anyway in theory having the exact clock time you had when starting the save (the game in rs but in case of rs it's internal clock time which you cannot change) would increase the chances of getting the exact same distribution again

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
What are the chances of a seed looping (i.e repeating itself in the same pattern.) ?
You need to wait for 2^32 (4,294,967,296) invocations of the RNG for it to start looping the same random numbers again. Given that the RNG is uselessly being invoked at around a rate of 60-70 calls per second, and keeping in mind that the RNG is sometimes also invoked usefully, this translates to around 2 years of wait. Not worth it.

X-Act

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yes. The RNG is designed to give all the numbers between 0 and 2^32-1 in random order, in 2^32 calls. It's actually because of this property that I managed to find the formula for the reverse RNG generator.

When I was soft resetting for a shiny Torchic on my Emerald version (which I eventually got), I ran into seven shiny Zigzagooon. All of them were the same gender, female. I ran into one in one day, then six the next. I was pretty much resetting all day to see how many I could "get" (since those particular Zigzagoon are uncatchable), and by the third day, I had gotten my shiny Torchic. If it takes so long for the numbers to loop, how does one explain this? Was I just unbelievably lucky?

X-Act

No. Since you were soft-resetting all day, you were restarting the loop every time you soft-resetted. So it's not actually that strange that you found 7 shiny Zigzagoon.

No. Since you were soft-resetting all day, you were restarting the loop every time you soft-resetted. So it's not actually that strange that you found 7 shiny Zigzagoon.
Yeah, that was what I originally thought, at least until I read your post, saying it would take two years for a "loop" to occur. Did you mean that it would take two years if the game was just left on and not soft reset or shut down?

if it's shut down you get exactly the same series on random numbers again (in emerald) basically that is what my article talks about (first giving the theory and then showing that this actually happens by looking at a lot of caught legendarys and the amount of clones). the 2 years is if you keep it on.

if you got a shiny after a very short ime after stat in emerald chances are that this will happen quite often. however there is no to turn that into a proper trick because you can't calculate your sid in emerald. you can in r/s, but rs has time based seeding so unless you desolder your battery on the cart (yeah i am crazy and did it ;)) you can't use that as a trick either.

OK, I'm not sure if this is worth investigating or if it's just a coincidence that just happened in my game. Perhaps if other people can make some observations as they play their Emeralds, we can get an idea if I'm on to something or not. Chances are, it's probably just an artifact.

So every random event in Emerald is determined in part by the seed value, right? One thing I noticed after saving and SRing for egg IVs is that usually after the game loads, somebody calls you via the Match Call system. Would different messages indicate different seed values?

Recently, I got some message concerning a Pokemon leaping into the arms of the other trainer and how happy that trainer was (the first time I had ever gotten such a Match Call message). Oddly enough, the next egg I picked up ended up with a random 31 IV along with the two 31s I was intending to pass on.

Has anyone else noticed any sort of pattern with regards to Match Call messages?

no but when i did save and then take the egg, if i got a call once, i got the call every time i SR. i would generally walk to that spot, get the call, walk back and save again to avoid it since it's annoying, but interesting idea.

Just posting to confirm that it is not only the Ivs of the Pokemon that can be copied, shinyness is effected with this glitch (when SR'ing).

I caught 2 Shiny Mews with the same nature and ivs...(Using the rebattle code)

blue kirby has claimed this article

when makes a topic, this one will be closed.
Hmm, so I'll have to wait till then until I get an answer to this question:

"Is it possible to get different Ivs and nature on a soft-resetted legendary that is shiny with different Ivs and nature that I get/got with my shiny Mew?"

Correst me if i'm wrong, but based on what I read in this article, the answer to your question would be "highly unlikely" The reason I say that is because when you soft reset, you're also resetting the loop. Also, The shiny Pokémon show up at 8 random numbers out of 65536, or 1 out of every 8192. But since that number also affects the IVs of a Pokémon, then that means that if it's shiny, it has one of eight sets of IVs, which are most likely similar, or have IVs that cross over witht eh same amount, so like I said, it's possible, but highly unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)