Pokémon Annihilape

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but sacrificing Technician means Maushold's own offensive niche will be compromised from a potentially base 300 attack to 200. Better to have two OP teammates on the field instead of one after all.
Maushold could run a full support set using Follow Me as well.

There's a funny doubles strategy you can run with Annihilape and Maushold. Maushold's new move Population Bomb hits 10 times (use wide lens to increase chances) so if you tera Annihilape into say a steel type, you can have its partner Maushold hit it 10 times for a theoretical Rage Fist power of 500. Surely there is a cap on Rage Fist's power though right? Has anyone done the research on this?
I just got done talking about this in Freezai's server. We basically reinvented TerraCott. I foresee people running tera-normal for this exact reason.

Hello friends. This is my first time posting. I am new to building Pokemon, and I'm hoping for some feedback on my Annihilape.

Annihilape @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 28 HP / 56 Def / 248 SpD / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Rage Fist
- Taunt

I'm not sure how to decide what to focus on or not, but this is how I came to this build: I like the idea of Primeape being a bulky hitter, so he has the Drain Punch and Leftovers to try and keep him in the game. EV spread for speed is to outspeed Timid Gardevoir; no reason for that really other than she can hit him easily for STAB weakness. SpD spread is the only thing I am confident about as it guarantees I survive a choice specs Modest Dragapult Shadowball. The HP spread hits leftovers number. I just dumped the rest into defense. I have Taunt just because other people had it; I don't really know why or what to use for the fourth move. If context matters, this is for a mono ghost team with Frosslass spikes, Palossand stealth rock, Dragapult screens w/light clay, Sableye, and Gengar. I'm thinking I set up a bunch of hazards because no one can rapid spin against mono ghost and Annhilape eats up defog; widdle down the enemy team with Sableye, Dragapult, Palossand, and hazards until either Annhilape and/or Gengar can setup/sweep.

Hello friends. This is my first time posting. I am new to building Pokemon, and I'm hoping for some feedback on my Annihilape.

Annihilape @ Leftovers
EVs: 28 HP / 56 Def / 248 SpD / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Rage Fist
- Taunt

I'm not sure how to decide what to focus on or not, but this is how I came to this build: I like the idea of Primeape being a bulky hitter, so he has the Drain Punch and Leftovers to try and keep him in the game. EV spread for speed is to outspeed Timid Gardevoir; no reason for that really other than she can hit him easily for STAB weakness. SpD spread is the only thing I am confident about as it guarantees I survive a choice specs Modest Dragapult Shadowball. The HP spread hits leftovers number. I just dumped the rest into defense. I have Taunt just because other people had it; I don't really know why or what to use for the fourth move. If context matters, this is for a mono ghost team with Frosslass spikes, Palossand stealth rock, Dragapult screens w/light clay, Sableye, and Gengar. I'm thinking I set up a bunch of hazards because no one can rapid spin against mono ghost and Annhilape eats up defog; widdle down the enemy team with Sableye, Dragapult, Palossand, and hazards until either Annhilape and/or Gengar can setup/sweep.
So the Mono-type context is important to note here since this discussion is primarily for "standard" OU at the moment. I bring this up because you seem to have the right ideas of speccing your EV's for benchmarks, but I'm iffy on some of the specifics you elected for, like Gardevoir as a Speed benchmark (besides Gardevoir itself not having a real presence, I don't know many things at Base 80 to watch for either) or Specs Drag Shadow Ball as the bulk benchmark (SpD makes sense for Bulk Up but unless you Tera to a resist I don't think Annihilape is going to be faced with that specific calc often enough to matter)

Taunt is something I can see value in because on top of limiting set-up or utility, Rage Fist by nature discourages trying to go for weaker hits or low-damage Utility moves like U-Turn (though barring Tera, Annihilape ironically is immune to the other big one I imagine in Rapid Spin).

OUTDATED - got fixed on Showdown to include direct damaging moves only.

This should be noteworthy for Annihilape:

So I looked up Rage Fist on serebii just to check this move out and according to them, the move powers up itself if it connects.
It doesn't exactly specify how much its power increases and if it is permanent like when you have been hit or just a thing for the next turn only.
I am going to assume though that this is next turn only.
Now, I have heard in the recentmost blunder video (video timestamp: watch?v=2YFKUHzeHQc?t=323) that they hit a rotom for ~40%, got burned and next turn they still did ~40% which would imply that Rage Fist powers up 2x if used consecutively.
If all of that is true, this move merits a ban or at the very least a top spot on the radar
(see Edit though).

https://www.serebii.net/attackdex-sv/ragefist.shtml

Battle Effect:
The user converts its rage into energy to attack. The more times the user has been hit by attacks, the greater the move's power.
Secondary Effect:
Move's power raises next turn if the move is successful.

Edit: Okay, I did some testing on showdown itself. Apparently, you don't get a boost if you use Rage Fist consecutively. Now, this may be either an error in Showdowns code or in Serebii's database.
However, it seems like you get a boost to the Base Power of Rage Fist even when you are successfully hit by status inflicting moves such as Willow-Wisp.
For reference, see this replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1719345131-ctpeerr5zyu6kcs2hwesgzvvwnzcobwpw
Basically, I U-Turned on Annihilape to power up its Rage Fist to 100 BP. Rotom takes about 30% unburned.
Then, I hit Will-O-Wisp on Annihilape, which should cut its physical damage output in half, so the expected damage of burned Ragefist is 15%.
However, the real damage is ~22% which means that Will-O-Wisp counted as a hit and powered up the move's Base Power to 150.

It now only seems to be half the trouble, but considering that the Bulk Up + Rest set is very much a thing on this pokemon, this means that there is almost no way of playing around the move other than Switching in a normal type, which gets blown up by Close Combat or Drain Punch.
Everything you would normally do to limit the damage output of this pokemon is being punished by Rage Fist.
And who knows what else powers it up (I am currently testing for pain split, toxic, haze, hazards, rocky helmet/rough skin and stat lowering status moves) .

Last edited:
Is there a move like snarl but that hits all the field, not just foes and lowers stats? Could be fun with the ape and defiant.

I just had a thought. How about using Endure to get more boosts for Rage Fist? Unlike Protect, Endure still lets the attack through, thus safely boosting Rage Fist. An obvious drawback though is at 1 HP you are vulnerable to all priority and contact damage.

Primape:

Annihilape:

I just had a thought. How about using Endure to get more boosts for Rage Fist? Unlike Protect, Endure still lets the attack through, thus safely boosting Rage Fist. An obvious drawback though is at 1 HP you are vulnerable to all priority and contact damage.

Primape:

Annihilape:
The only time endure would be good is if all of these are true:

If you out speed the opponenet

If the extra 50 BP is going to kill the opponent now

If the hit from the opponent is to kill annihilape

If the opponent does not have priority.

So it really boils down to strong bulky attackers, and I don't think the meta really has these. Maybe things like skeledirge? But skeledirge dies to rage fist either way

I think Endure has some legit potential, but you seriously need to be diligent about speed control and ensuring TTar/Hippo are dealt with.

If Balance becomes a lot more prominent, I think this set has some legit potential though.

I'm interested in seeing where Annihilape will stand once Hisuian pokemon is fully available in Gen IX. It seems to me like the closest thing there would be to a counter to a bulky attacker this monstrous would be Hisuian Zoroark, since it's fully immune to both of Annihilape's STAB moves, leaving the standard Rage Punch/Drain Punch/Taunt/Bulk Up set virtually useless against it

I'd like to recommend Dark as a Tera type for surprise resistance to 2 of its weaknesses: Psychic and Ghost.
This would depend on what is popular in the Meta right now, because you retain a Weakness to Fairy and go from 4x Resist to 2x Weakness against Bug, which most prominently means you're punished by U-Turn, plus some notable resistances or immunities like Fighting/Mach Punch or Dragonite's Tera Normal Extremespeed.

Annihilape's base typing is pretty decent defensively and he has strong bulk where neutral hits are concerned, so I think his main benefit is minimizing weaknesses in his finalized typing compared to specifically trying to turn his current ones to resists.

i havent seen this youtube set used that much and ive found it very viable on high ladder especially with u-turn mons such as corv and lokix
Annihilape @ Chesto Berry
Tera Type: Water/Steel/Normal
EVs: 76 HP / 180 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Close Combat
- Rage Fist
- Rest
- Bulk Up

So like... defensively, what beats this? Between Taunt, Terra Water, and Rage Fist boosts I've found this thing to be all but impossible to wall. I've even tried weird things like phys def Braviary or Farigiraf but they don't even work. Offensively checking this shit is hard enough but imo it's utterly impossible to wall.

i havent seen this youtube set used that much and ive found it very viable on high ladder especially with u-turn mons such as corv and lokix
Annihilape @ Chesto Berry
Tera Type: Water/Steel/Normal
EVs: 76 HP / 180 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Close Combat
- Rage Fist
- Rest
- Bulk Up
I just want to say this set really works in the game's Battle Stadium (except I use Dark tera). Thank you for the EV set.

So like... defensively, what beats this? Between Taunt, Terra Water, and Rage Fist boosts I've found this thing to be all but impossible to wall. I've even tried weird things like phys def Braviary or Farigiraf but they don't even work. Offensively checking this shit is hard enough but imo it's utterly impossible to wall.
Skeledirge with unaware dumps all over Annihilape without tera. Tera fairy to lose the ghost weakness while still resisting drain punch.

If Annihilape does tera water, then you can use Garganacl with tera ghost instead. (Garganacl's ability turns the ghost weakness into ghost neutrality.) Salt cure then just switch around til it dies. Water types take 25% per turn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)