Anonymous is invading Wall Street

Actually, I don't think you could DDoS a "fridge" or a specific computer included in a bigger network, because the message are first sent to the router (dunno if it's the correct english word), which is a gateway between your domestic network and DA INTERNETZ, and then redirect the message to the proper computer.

Basically, you could DDoS the router but not what is after the router, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
That is the entire objective of a DoS attack.

EDIT: Also DDoSing Wall Street is bad plan anyway, as they will have far greater bandwidth downstream than you can fill to shit random packets. Now, bouncing a DDoS off of someone like Google would probably do far more damage due to Google's huge bandwidth. Also you wouldn't get caught.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
Honestly, Anonymous don't know what they're doing. They're a bunch of uncoordinated idiots with wildly differing ideals.

Honestly, Anonymous don't know what they're doing. They're a bunch of uncoordinated idiots with wildly differing ideals.
while I would agree that anonymous doesn't have a cohesive and unified mission statement it's very wrong that they're incompetent hackers/don't know what they're doing. take a quick look at their long list of operations--you'll see they're quite adept at what they do especially harvesting private information and releasing it publicly although yeah there are some flaws in op. wall street

every wannabe che guevara claims to be anonymous nowadays
Exactly, so just like earlier in the year, some idiot is going to deny attacking wall street, or call it off. Anyone can claim, if they have the proper equipment to hide themselves, and go on ranting at how they are going to take down Wall Street and stuff.

But fake or not, it would be incredibly stupid, for the guys at wall street to be on constant alert.

Exactly, so just like earlier in the year, some idiot is going to deny attacking wall street, or call it off. Anyone can claim, if they have the proper equipment to hide themselves, and go on ranting at how they are going to take down Wall Street and stuff.

But fake or not, it would be incredibly stupid, for the guys at wall street to be on constant alert.
But proper equipment = Tor pretty much.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
99% of you were right.

1% of you were wrong.

Guess that they called it off, which is actually amusing. I was actually hoping to see this happen just so that I could laugh at the losing side.

while I would agree that anonymous doesn't have a cohesive and unified mission statement it's very wrong that they're incompetent hackers/don't know what they're doing. take a quick look at their long list of operations--you'll see they're quite adept at what they do especially harvesting private information and releasing it publicly although yeah there are some flaws in op. wall street
looking at their long list of operations, I have concluded that they are pathetic and don't know what they are doing.

looking at their long list of operations, I have concluded that they are pathetic and don't know what they are doing.
"pathetic" and "incompetent" can be taken separately imo. i feel that if anonymous wanted to be taken seriously they should claim themselves as right now they're doing the cyber-equivalent of sending a hundred pizzas to the doorstep of their enemy. so, pathetic = debatable. but the upper echelons of anonymous are if nothing else good at hacking systems. besides, project chanology if nothing else encouraged people to point out flaws in scientology which needed to be done (albeit in a more civilized way).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)