Anti-metagame? No way!!

Anti-metagame? No Way!

Introduction

I gotta be honest here- the metagame isn't on it's best creative scale at this point. I nearly always see the same kind of Pokemon and playstyles, you know who you are- so I thought to myself, why not make a more creative team.
To clear things out, I don't want to make the "perfect team in this metagame now", I wanna make a team that counters that. That doesn't necesarrily mean that this team is the perfect team though.
As you can see, my team is a SS team, I thought that that would be the most effective playstyle to use to counter the metagame. In this team, you will se loads of not so common things in the metagame that work surprisingly well (CB specially defensive EV'd Tyranitar, Offensive Deo-S...). That also catches people off guard.

Without further ado, here's the team:

@ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 12 Atk / 244 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Fire
- Superpower

I have to count how many times people get owned by this guy. Probably my MVP. Everyone is expecting the suicide lead, send their Tyranitar or whatever and they get 2hko'ed/OHKO'ed by this beast. The coverage here is actually very good, with STAB Psycho Boost, Hidden Power Fire for Steels and other threats, and Superpower for Tyranitar and others, and Ice Beam for Dragons like Nite, and Landorus. Though he is usually my revenge killer, I sometimes, if I can pull it off, use him as a late-game sweeper.

@ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Even with the defensive EV's, this guy hits like a truck, being able to 2HKO pretty much everything that doesn't resist the attack. With Pursuit, I can also trap opponents if they're using threats like Latios, OHKoing it. He can also take a lot to hits, even surviving an LO focus Blast from Gengar. Everything else is self-explanitory, he gives SS support to cripple opponents and gives support to Landorus, and he still has that very powerful STAB crunch and Stone Edge. I use Superpower for coverage.

Credit to IFM for the set.

@ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

My main hazard-setter, my rain counter, and the pokemon that pretty much does the early-game work. I really don't know what my team would be without this guy. He is the heat when you cook something, he prepares everything to then show the final product (the prepared food). Dragonite would be pure and utter deadweight without him. Setting up Stealth Rock and Spikes for this team is crucial for this team, to assure OHKOing threats with Deo-S, but especially Land. Then, with t-wave in conjunction with Dragonite, I can paralyze a lot of threats. Finally, Power Whip is to get an attacking move and also to get some heavy damage on Politoed.

@ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Dragon Tail

Pretty much the glue of the team. With this guy, I manage to counter the threats that my team struggles with, like Terrakion, Volcarona, and Sun teams. Also, since I have Dragon Tail, I can safely counter Baton Pass teams, with STAB Dragon tail. With this, I can also spread entry hazard damage and paralysis through all the opponents team, using the hazard that Ferrothorn sets up. With Thunder Wave, and Ferrothorn's Thunder Wave, I can easily spread paralysis. Finally, with the combination of Substitute, Roost, and Multi Scale, Dragonite has an incredible amount of longietivity, letting me spread hazards for a very long time.

@ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Pain Split

My spinblocker. Thanks to Gengar's amazing special attack, I can easily cripple opponents and even get a KO or two at a lot of threats. He also takes care of Physical Walls that Landorus struggles with, like Skarmory or Ferrothorn. Due to him being a Ghost type, I can absorb Rapid Spin and that lets Dragonite do his job. I use the Substitute-Pain Split combo to cripple opponents even more, and also being able to counter pokemon with a huge amount of HP. Finally, Shadow Ball for STAB and Focus Blast is for coverage purposes, like for beating t-tar.

@ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power Ice
- Substitute

The star of the show. With Sandstorm support, Landorus is incredibly powerful, and it can easily sweep teams with the combination of Earthquake and Stone Edge, and Hidden Power Ice Just switch in into a Scarfed Volt Switch or whatever, Set up a Sub, and start owning. If I can set up an SD, that's even better. With STAB Earthquake, Stone Edge and Hidden Power Ice, I can get near unresisted coverage (just Bronzong that my team can deal with). I use hidden Power Ice to deal with Dragonite, Gliscor and opposing Landorus easily. I love this guy.

Importable

Deoxys-S (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 28 Atk / 252 SAtk / 228 Spd
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Superpower

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Dragon Tail

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Pain Split

Landorus (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute

Bold: Normal threat
Orange: Potential threat
Red: Big threat

Offensive Threats:
Tyranitar:
  • Choice Band - Nothing can really counter this guy safely, but I can try to predict all over it.
  • Choice Scarf - Ferrothorn, Deo-S on the switch.
  • Dragon Dance - I haven't fought it, but i think that it would be a huge threat.
Rotom-W:
  • Choice Scarf / Specs -: Ferrothorn, Landorus on the Volt Switch.
Scizor:
  • Choice Band - Ferrothorn, Dragonite, if it's a safe switch, Deo-S can HP Fire it, since everyone goes for the U-turn/Pursuit.
  • Swords Dance - Ferrothorn, Dragonite, if it's a safe switch, Deo-S can HP Fire it, since everyone goes for the U-turn/Pursuit.
Dragonite:
  • Choice Band - Like with T-tar, there's no real "counter" for this guy. I predict to take care of it.
  • Dragon Dance - For me, Dragonite is completely overcentralizing the metagame, and, with the combination of Fire Punch and Outrage, it's pretty much un-counterable.
  • Mixed - Don't really see them, but Ferro can check it.
  • Parashuffler - All of my team (excpet Deo-S) can pretty much slowly take down.
Politoed:
  • Choice Specs / Scarf - Ferrothorn, Dragonite.
Heatran:
  • Standard - Tyranitar, Landorus, Dragonite.
Jirachi:
  • Substitute + Calm Mind / Wish + Calm Mind - Another guy that overcentralizes the metagame. Yay! Land and T-tar can check it.
Latios:
  • Life Orb - T-tar, Ferrothorn.
  • Choice Scarf / Specs -
  • Calm Mind -
Reuniclus:
  • Calm Mind -
  • Offensive Trick Room -
Deoxys-S:
  • Standard -
  • Dual Screens -
  • Life Orb Sweeper -
Haxorus:
  • Choice Scarf / Choice Band -
  • Dragon Dance -
  • Double Dance -
Ninetales:
  • Nasty Plot -
  • Choice Specs -
  • Special Attacker -
Conkeldurr:
  • Bulk Up -
Celebi:
  • Nasty Plot Sweeper -
  • Tinkerbell -
  • Choice Specs / Choice Scarf -
Terrakion:
  • Double Dance -
Gyarados:
  • Offensive / Bulky Dragon Dance -
Gengar:
  • Substitute + Disable / Pain Split -
Starmie:
  • Life Orb -
  • Rapid Spin -
  • Choice Specs -
Landorus:
  • Rock Polish / Swords Dance -
  • Choice Scarf -
  • Substitute + 3 Attacks -
Infernape:
  • Mixed Attacker -
  • Nasty Plot / Swords Dance Booster -
  • Choice Band -
Volcarona:
  • Offensive Quiver Dance -
  • Bulky Quiver Dance -
  • Chesto Rest -
  • Substitute -
Magnezone:
  • Substitute -
  • Choice Scarf -
Espeon:
  • Calm Mind -
Salamence:
  • Dragon Dance -
  • Mixed -
  • Defensive -
Hydreigon:
  • Offensive -
  • Choice Specs / Choice Scarf -
Breloom:
  • Sub Seed -
  • Sub Punch -
Latias:
  • Calm Mind -
Toxicroak:
  • Swords Dance -
  • Bulk Up -
Lucario:
  • Swords Dance -
  • Nasty Plot -
Virizion:
  • Calm Mind -
  • Swords Dance -
Scrafty:
  • Dragon Dance -
  • Bulk Up -
Venusaur:
  • Special Growth -
  • Mixed Growth -
  • SubSeed -
Metagross:
  • Stealth Rock -
  • Agility -
Mienshao:
  • All-Out Attacker -
Cloyster:
  • Shell Smash -
Mamoswine:
  • Physical Attacker -
Darmanitan:
  • Choice Scarf -
Tornadus:
  • Rain Abuser -

Defensive Threats :
Tyranitar:
  • Specially Defensive -
Rotom-W:
  • Standard -
Ferrothorn:
  • Standard -
Politoed:
  • Defensive -
Gliscor:
  • Swords Dance -
  • Substitute + Protect -
  • AcroBat -
  • Defensive -
Heatran:
  • Specially Defensive -
Jirachi:
  • Specially Defensive -
Skarmory:
  • Physically Defensive Spiker -
  • Specially Defensive Spiker -
Ninetales:
  • Specially Defensive -
Celebi:
  • Physically Defensive -
Forretress:
  • Physically Defensive Spiker -
  • Specially Defensive Spiker -
Gyarados:
  • RestTalk -
Jellicent:
  • Utility Counter -
Tentacruel:
  • Toxic Spikes -
Gastrodon:
  • Tank -
Espeon:
  • Dual Screens -
  • Baton Pass -
Blissey:
  • Support -
Vaporeon:
  • Wish Support -
Latias:
  • Support -
Bronzong:
  • Tank -
  • Dual Screens -
Swampert:
  • Defensive -
Mew:
  • Stallbreaker -
Slowbro:
  • Tank -
Quagsire:
  • Curse -
  • Specially Defensive -
  • Physically Defensive -

Nice team man, loving Empoleon and offensive Deoxys-S.

Terrakion can sweep you clean though, setting up Rock Polish on Tyranitar or Empoleon and outspeeding your whole team after, while Swords Dance lets him OHKO your whole team. If you switch in Skarmory on a Swords Dance, or Deoxys-S on a Rock Polish, you have a problem. A Swords Dance Terrakion paired with a Pursuiter such as Scizor can also cause you a lot of trouble.
Quiver Dance Volcarona can set up on -2 Deoxys-S, Tyranitar locked in Superpower, Virizion or Skarmory and outspeed your whole team bar Deoxys-S after. However, Deoxys-S can't really harm Volcarona after a Special Defense boost, doing around half to a +1 4/0 Volcarona. Tyranitar can take a Bug Buzz when in good shape, but Bug Buzz does 69% - 82% meaning that if Tyranitar is a little weakened (or Stone Edge misses), you're gone. Empoleon is OHKOed by a +1 Fire Blast in the sun, so he isn't the best switchin either until Tyranitar changes the weather.
Trick Room Reuniclus can set up on Deoxys-S, Virizion, or Tyranitar locked in Superpower and then "outspeeds" your whole team for five turns. After that, he 2HKOes your whole team, and you can't really do anything back with the ones that aren't OHKOed. Empoleon and Skarmory can Roar / Whirlwind, but it's not gonna stop Reuniclus from sweeping later in the game. Tyranitar is OHKOed by Focus Blast, so he doesn't stop Reuniclus either. Landorus takes 76% - 90% so he isn't exactly a good Reuniclus counter either, as Earthquake does around 60-70% back.

If you want, you can try an Azumarill on your team somewhere. While he isn't the best switchin to the aforementioned mons, he can OHKO Terrakion and Volcarona with a CB Aqua Jet and take a Psyhic from Reuniclus to do 80% back with CB Waterfall, letting you take him out with a Scald from Empoleon. It's not the best solution out there, but it's worth a try.

Solid team, good luck.

I would use a Life Orb on Landorus if I were you.

Also, I dont think Terrakion can ''sweep your team clean through''. Tyranitar hits it hard with Superpower if it tries to set-up (providing you aren't locked into something else of course). You also got Skarmory to phaze it out, and Landorus can take a boosted Stone Edge as well.

I do agree that Volcarona is a very large problem. It can set-up on a lot of members on your team, and take out Deo-s and Tyranitar with Bug Buzz, while Skarmory, Virizion and Landorus risk getting taken out by a Flamethrower. Fiery Dance is even worse, because once it gets that extra damage boost after a Quiver Dance, it threatens to OHKO your Empoleon.

Soooo, you might wanna change a few things. First of all, Deoxys-S' power lies in the set-up of Dual Screens or entry hazards. If you want a good anti-lead, there are better choics out there. Deo-s simply does not have the power to be one imo. Deo-s is pretty good offensive, but not as a lead, so you might wanna change it to something that lies down hazards, especially because you have a phazer in Skarmory.

You need something to revenge kill those +1 Speed Volcarona's, so it may be a wise choice to but a Scarf on Landorus. It already gets a cool damage boost, and with a Scarf it can outspeed +1 Speed Volcarona (be sure to use Naive nature).

Here is the set:
Landorus @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Naive
EVs: 252 Att/4 SpA/252 Spe
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Since you have two choiced Pokemon, I recommend switching Tyranitar to a bulky set with Leftovers.

Last of all, if you still have problems with Volcarona, you can always try Balloon Heatran =)

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Love the originality, lapras6666! Tomahawk9 found some key problems to your team, but your team is solid overall with very nice synergy and defensive core going on. I particularly dig your CBTar spread :d. In addition to the threats mentioned by Tomahawk, I think Sun teams and Grass-type sweepers like Nasty Plot Celebi can be annoying to this team.

I think a defensive SubRoost Dragonite does well over Empoleon. I think Empoleon is rather redundant with your specially-defensive Tyranitar and Virizion walling special threats. What Dragonite provide is a solid Fighting resist that your team lacks, preventing Terrakion from simply spamming Close Combat. It also provides vital resistance to the Grass + Fire combination that Chlorophyll Sweepers and Nasty Plot Celebi would utilize. In addition, it is a solid answer to Volcarona.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
~ Dragon Tail
~ Substitute
~ Roost
~ Fire Blast

Dragonite still retains Empoleon's role as a phazer, but you do lose SR. You may want to consider adding Stealth Rock > Thunderbolt on Deoxys-S; you have Tyranitar to Pursuit-kill Starmie and Virizion to set up on Water types anyways. I also recommend HP Fire > Ice Beam. With SR, Psycho Boost is sufficient for killing Dragons, Landorus, and Gliscor, so Ice Beam is not necessary. In the other hand, dispatching Forretress, Ferrothorn, and Scizor for Virizion, CBTar, and Landorus seems more useful. I would also consider dropping its Speed enough to outrun Scarf Landorus, so you can invest extra EVs into its offense.

Deoxys-S @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
28 Atk / 252 Spe / 228 Spe
~ Psycho Boost
~ Stealth Rock
~ Superpower
~ Hidden Power [Fire]

Have fun with this team!

Nice team man, loving Empoleon and offensive Deoxys-S.

Terrakion can sweep you clean though, setting up Rock Polish on Tyranitar or Empoleon and outspeeding your whole team after, while Swords Dance lets him OHKO your whole team. If you switch in Skarmory on a Swords Dance, or Deoxys-S on a Rock Polish, you have a problem. A Swords Dance Terrakion paired with a Pursuiter such as Scizor can also cause you a lot of trouble.
Quiver Dance Volcarona can set up on -2 Deoxys-S, Tyranitar locked in Superpower, Virizion or Skarmory and outspeed your whole team bar Deoxys-S after. However, Deoxys-S can't really harm Volcarona after a Special Defense boost, doing around half to a +1 4/0 Volcarona. Tyranitar can take a Bug Buzz when in good shape, but Bug Buzz does 69% - 82% meaning that if Tyranitar is a little weakened (or Stone Edge misses), you're gone. Empoleon is OHKOed by a +1 Fire Blast in the sun, so he isn't the best switchin either until Tyranitar changes the weather.
Trick Room Reuniclus can set up on Deoxys-S, Virizion, or Tyranitar locked in Superpower and then "outspeeds" your whole team for five turns. After that, he 2HKOes your whole team, and you can't really do anything back with the ones that aren't OHKOed. Empoleon and Skarmory can Roar / Whirlwind, but it's not gonna stop Reuniclus from sweeping later in the game. Tyranitar is OHKOed by Focus Blast, so he doesn't stop Reuniclus either. Landorus takes 76% - 90% so he isn't exactly a good Reuniclus counter either, as Earthquake does around 60-70% back.

If you want, you can try an Azumarill on your team somewhere. While he isn't the best switchin to the aforementioned mons, he can OHKO Terrakion and Volcarona with a CB Aqua Jet and take a Psyhic from Reuniclus to do 80% back with CB Waterfall, letting you take him out with a Scald from Empoleon. It's not the best solution out there, but it's worth a try.

Solid team, good luck.
Love the originality, lapras6666! Tomahawk9 found some key problems to your team, but your team is solid overall with very nice synergy and defensive core going on. I particularly dig your CBTar spread :d. In addition to the threats mentioned by Tomahawk, I think Sun teams and Grass-type sweepers like Nasty Plot Celebi can be annoying to this team.

I think a defensive SubRoost Dragonite does well over Empoleon. I think Empoleon is rather redundant with your specially-defensive Tyranitar and Virizion walling special threats. What Dragonite provide is a solid Fighting resist that your team lacks, preventing Terrakion from simply spamming Close Combat. It also provides vital resistance to the Grass + Fire combination that Chlorophyll Sweepers and Nasty Plot Celebi would utilize. In addition, it is a solid answer to Volcarona.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
~ Dragon Tail
~ Substitute
~ Roost
~ Fire Blast

Dragonite still retains Empoleon's role as a phazer, but you do lose SR. You may want to consider adding Stealth Rock > Thunderbolt on Deoxys-S; you have Tyranitar to Pursuit-kill Starmie and Virizion to set up on Water types anyways. I also recommend HP Fire > Ice Beam. With SR, Psycho Boost is sufficient for killing Dragons, Landorus, and Gliscor, so Ice Beam is not necessary. In the other hand, dispatching Forretress, Ferrothorn, and Scizor for Virizion, CBTar, and Landorus seems more useful. I would also consider dropping its Speed enough to outrun Scarf Landorus, so you can invest extra EVs into its offense.

Deoxys-S @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
28 Atk / 252 Spe / 228 Spe
~ Psycho Boost
~ Stealth Rock
~ Superpower
~ Hidden Power [Fire]

Have fun with this team!
Thanks guys! I'll test these!

k, so after some days of testing here are my thoughts:

I am not liking the team at all. So, let's go pokemon by pokemon:

Deo-S:

At this point, I am really thinking that this guy is deadweight. He doesn't achieve those KO'es with Psycho Boost, and I am REALLY missing Thunderbolt and Ice Beam, that gave me reliable moves that aren't weakened by rain. As I posted, I really want to go back to max speed EV's and a modest nature, to get those KO's going. Psycho Boost just seems to fall short. Finally, it rarely seems that I get to set up Stealth Rock, especially since i'm running LO, not Focus Sash or nothing of the sort.

T-tar

Fine, but I might change this to a leftovers set to add Stealth Rock if i decide to remove Deo-S's SR.

Virizion

Fine. Prob my saving grace lol.

Dragonite

Now, before we get into confusion, I don't want to replace this guy. He's amazing at what he does. What I will say, is that he isn't achieving his role on the team as a phaser. It isn't his fault, its the team's fault on not putting hazards. Both of the members of the team have a pretty hard time setting up hazards (we'll get into Skarm later). It really feels like a waste of a pokemon, but I know that this will be a very effective Pokemon when my team has had some changes. Now, I do feel that Fire Blast is not very effective, I think that Thunder Wave would add so much more to the team.

Skarmory

Pure and utter deadweight. With Excadrill banned, I am really starting to wonder the effectiveness of this guy. Unless its setting up Spikes, I really can't find the usefulness of this guy, it can't really do anything that Dragonite can't do except, of course, setting up Spikes.

Landorus

Now, I did make a little change with this poke. I changed SD for HP ice, because I didn't really find the moment to set up SD, and every moment that I had i would be better off just attacking. I'll probably change the item to Expert Belt though. Everything else is fine. I <3 this pokemon

K, I just also want to point out the Gengar thing, because after every battle I want it even more to spinblock. Well, here's my plan. Remember my complaints about the hazard stalking? Well, as I much as I hate to say this, I might just be changing Deoxys-S to a hazard inducer. Now, where's those attacking options that I love. Well, with Scarf Gengar, I kill three birds with one stone; I Spin Block, I get to have those attacking options that I love, and I counter Starmie!! Now, the problem is; what do i replace it with? Skarm? Also, for the raters, could you find me a good replacement with Skarm? Ok, after this long post, I hope that you understand the team a bit more.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yea, I usually find Deoxys-S doing more good by just spamming attacks rather than give an opening by setting up SR. Shadow Ball or Ice Beam are great 4th moves. Shadow Ball provides overall superior coverage, allowing Deoxys-S to 2HKO Reuniclus and Jellicent. Ice Beam is more useful as a revenge-killing move, allowing you to kill Landorus, Gliscor, and Dragonite without resorting to Psycho Boost. I highly recommend you keep Naive nature, since being faster than Scarf Landorus comes in very handy.

Spike-stacking Deoxys-S may be useful, but Ferrothorn or Forretress may be better for this team. For one, it provides you the useful Steel Typing to give your team cushioning against Outrage, especially if you're thinking of replacing Skarmory. Forretress + CBTar can work as a combo to eliminate Starmie and Gengar, while Ferrothorn can provide you paralysis / additional coverage to Rain other than your Virizion.

You could then add either Sableye or Gengar on Skarm's spot as a Spinblocker. Sableye has priority Will-o-Wisp, whereas Gengar has high Speed to somewhat mitigate the loss of Deoxys-S.

ok - Virizion<Ferrothorn and Skarm<Gengar.

I really like the team now. I will to the threat list tomorrow.

Any more suggestions?

Wow, someone else you likes LO Deoxy-S! A very underrated sweeper. I too made a team with him, and profited many successes.

Couple nitpicks first, use Psychic over Psycho Boost. Dexoy-S likes to stay around and sweep. I also want to suggest Roar over Dragon Tail for Dragonite. I have no idea what your preference is, but in today's powerful metagame, and nite's Multiscale breakable in one shot, you have more success with a guaranteed phaze rather than a missed shot.

Looks like Double Dance Terrakion is a huge problem. He sets up on your ttar and proceeds to kill everything. I'd put Bulky SD Scizor over Sub Landorus. He can take on just about everything Landy can't. The only problem I can think of is Rotom-W, Tentacruel, and opposing steel types. I'm sure you can work around that easily.

In a nut shell:
Psychic over Psycho Boost for Deoxy-S
Roar over Dragon Tail for Dragonite
Bulky SD Scizor over Sub Landorus

Nice team, good luck!

I recommend giving ttar some speed EVs. With 48 EVs you can outspeed scizor with up to 12 speed EVs, and if they're low enough KO then with stone edge.

Maybe you could use Volacarona or Gyarados instead of Landorus because of their typing. You could use both of them for a potential sweep. Volcarona with quiver dance, fire blast, bug buzz, and hp ground with +2 is almost unstoppable. Furthermore, gyarados with +2 can be categorized on the same level. It is much harder to set up with gyarados, however when you get +2 or +3 with DD you are 85% going to sweep. There are not many walls that can endure a +3 waterfall except gastrodon. However, gastrodon is pretty rare. So you don't have to worry about it.
To sum up, they will be your refreshment against the annoying stall teams. Their appearance in your team might not fit, that would also trick the opponent making him think they are bulky versions.

-Take landorus out and put set up Volcarona/Gyarados
-If you agree to put volcarona instead of landorus change deoxys's hp fire into thunderbolt to take care of enemy gyaradoses.

Both are SR weak, and he doesn't have a spinner. Also, Landorus is a great sandstorm abuser, so I'd rather change something else. Btw, your team is DW, but you don't have DW abilities/pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)