Tournament Anything Goes Snake Draft III - Week One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theia

Say my name until you love me
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

Amazing art by Spellcaster

RULES
  • Use Smogon VMs for scheduling, it makes decisions regarding activity calls much easier to determine.​
  • If you are not able to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so that they communicate that to me or the opposing team's managers for potential substitutes.​
  • Substitutions may be made after a week as started. When making a substitution, please tag me, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.​
  • Any incomplete matches at the end of the week will be subject to an activity decision.​
  • YOU MUST POST REPLAYS
>>Spreadsheet<<
>>Replays and Usage<<
>>Commencement<<

:yveltal: Yveltal Yeet Squad (2) vs (4) Angry Annihilapes :annihilape:
SV AG: TaxFraud vs ox04
SV AG: Staxi vs Mashing
SS AG: Farce Of The Death vs Inder
SM AG: Geysers vs Shivam3299
ORAS AG: ADF Test vs Seldanna
Bo3: Skooma vs Guard

:hydreigon: Headstrong Hydreigons (3) vs (3) Smash-Passing Polteageists :polteageist:
SV AG: pichus vs TJ
SV AG: tier vs Royal1604
SS AG: WrathoftheLeopard vs entrocefalo
SM AG: Rhmsitb vs Alpha Rabbit
ORAS AG: Nineveh vs MZ
Bo3: lotiasite vs Fc

:weavile: Weeaboo Weaviles (3) vs (3) Sacred Palafins :palafin:
SV AG: Fogbound Lake vs Quick top 500 tho
SV AG: Togkey vs ag is ass
SS AG: Ainzcrad vs Pokemh
SM AG: Andyboy vs polt
ORAS AG: The Strap vs Mom Lover
Bo3: pdt vs Satanic Beast

Yveltal Yeet Squad (0) vs (0) Angry Annihilapes
SV AG: TaxFraud vs ox04
SV AG: Staxi vs Mashing
SS AG: Farce Of The Death vs Inder
SM AG: Geysers vs Shivam3299
ORAS AG: ADF Test vs Seldanna
Bo3: Skooma vs Guard

Headstrong Hydreigons (0) vs (0) Smash-Passing Polteageists
SV AG: pichus vs TJ
SV AG: tier vs Royal1604
SS AG: WrathoftheLeopard vs entrocefalo
SM AG: Rhmsitb vs Alpha Rabbit
ORAS AG: Nineveh vs MZ
Bo3: lotiasite vs Fc

Weeaboo Weaviles (0) vs (0) Sacred Palafins
SV AG: Fogbound Lake vs Quick top 500 tho
SV AG: Togkey vs ag is ass
SS AG: Ainzcrad vs Pokemh
SM AG: Andyboy vs polt
ORAS AG: The Strap vs Mom Lover
Bo3: pdt vs Satanic Beast

The deadline for this round is Sunday, January 29th at 11:59 PM GMT -5.​

Yveltal Yeet Squad (3) vs (3) Angry Annihilapes

SV AG: TaxFraud vs ox04 (55:45) - Both are a bit one-trick ponies right now. But Tax is slightly a bit more self-sufficient in this tier, and won't bring Scarf Flutter.
SV AG: Staxi vs Mashing (40:60) - Mashing has a better grasp on the SV meta. Staxi's a good player, so if Angry Annihilapes have a clue, they'd know exactly what YYS is bringing in this slot.
SS AG: Farce Of The Death vs Inder (55:45) - An enigma. The uwu monster. FotD is gonna bring the most boring balance and will still win if they don't throw the endgame. Jokes aside, Inder can def win, but FotD is kinda crazy,
SM AG: Geysers vs Shivam3299 (65:35) - Don't get me wrong, Shivam is a good player, but Geysers is slightly underrated in SM. He also has better knowledge and is less rusty overall.
ORAS AG: ADF Test vs Seldanna (40:60) - Seldanna right now is the better player and is much more practiced. Don't clown on ADF though cause he has decent ORAS ideas. I really doubt YYS has the right environment or help for ADF to grow though, but happy to be proven wrong! He'll also probably improve over the tour.
Bo3: Skooma vs Guard (40:60) - Skooma's an excellent player (don't let him hear me say this), but will probably lose because I'm guessing that he isn't the biggest fan of his team. Guard's also got a bit of SV experience, and I've seen Skooma throw winning MUs in SV OU. Guard will win SV and SM. Skooma will win SS with some unbased team.

Headstrong Hydreigons (3) vs (3) Smash-Passing Polteageists

SV AG: pichus vs TJ (40:60) - TJ's very good and he takes his games extremely seriously. Everyone knows this. Pichus is also good in SV AG, but the tour experience difference is massive, and it'll play a factor.
SV AG: tier vs Royal1604 (35:65) - Royal's on an SV tear. The Hydreigons have no SV ability to be completely honest. Tier could be good with support but that doesn't exist outside of pichus and tier on their own.
SS AG: JellyIO vs entrocefalo (55:45) - entrocefalo is super good, but JellyIO does much better vs good players. Hmm.
SM AG: Rhmsitb vs Alpha Rabbit (55:45) - Alpha's really good in SM Ubers, but Rhmsitb has access to some busted SM teams. SM's really not all too hard to play anyway.
ORAS AG: Nineveh vs MZ (45:55) - MZ and Nineveh both show up once a year to make their appearance, but both of them are good. MZ's previous tour results says a bit more though on consistency.
Bo3: lotiasite vs Fc (51:49) - Fc wins SV, lotiasite wins SS. Who wins SM? The one who makes the correct lead play against the opposing Mega Rayquaza. I'm gonna guess that's loti, but really anyone wins here.

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Headstrong Hydreigons (2) vs (4) Smash-Passing Polteageists

SV AG: pichus vs TJ (65:35) - I think pichus has a lot more AG experience, which will be the deciding factor. I haven't seen TJ play a whole lot of AG and I think that as good of a player as he is, this is going to be pretty one-sided.
SV AG: tier vs Royal1604 (30:70)- Royal's just a better player. Tier also doesn't really have a whole of support, so imo this can only really go one way.
SS AG: JellyIO vs entrocefalo (55:45) - I have no idea who this guy is but he won a bunch of games against established players in umpl.
SM AG: Rhmsitb vs Alpha Rabbit (40:60) - I haven't seen either of these players play in a hot second but I think Alpha's got a better track record here
ORAS AG: Nineveh vs MZ (30:70) - MZ's the best ORAS player in this tour by a long shot, with the possible exception of The Skooma.
Bo3: lotiasite vs Fc (45:55) - This one should be super interesting. I think Fc's going to win both SS and SV while Loti wins SM and take the Bo3 as a result, but this could definitely go both ways depending on the SS game.

Weeaboo Weaviles (3.5) vs (2.5) Sacred Palafins

SV AG: Fogbound Lake vs Quick top 500 tho (60:40) - Fog's really really good at ubers which should translate almost directly into AG given where the metas are at right now. I don't have a ton of faith in qt5t but they might pull something surprising out.
SV AG: Togkey vs ag is ass (50:50) - I have no idea who Togkey is and haven't seen ag is ass play in like 2 years so I really have no idea what's going to happen here.
SS AG: Thiago Nunes vs Pokemh (35:65) - I have no idea who Thiago Nunes is and have never seen them play AG. That being said, they're probably a pretty good ubers player given that they got drafted here, so I'll be curious to see how much that'll translate over. My guess is that it won't be quite enough, especially this first week.
SM AG: Andyboy vs polt (45:55) - I think Andy's a slightly better player, but polt's a slightly better builder, so they should be almost dead even. I think the tie's broken by polt's somewhat better support, having edgar around, whereas Andy has basically no USUM support.
ORAS AG: The Strap vs Mom Lover (80:20) - I've never seen Mom Lover play, but I seem to recall that skysolo is really good at ORAS and has been pretty solid in the last few ag team tours, so this should be pretty one-sided.
Bo3: pdt vs Satanic Beast (70:30) - pdt is a far, far better player and should have a substantial edge in both SS and SV. Edgar can give him a run for his money in USUM by virtue of having a lot more experience and probably being a better builder, but that won't be enough to save him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)