AP Exams

The only AP class I took this year was stats (I'm in my senior year), but I also took some courses at my local community college. The exam seemed really easy this year, and I'm certain I got at least a 4, and likely a 5. I took AP Chem, Calc BC, and World last year and the workload was tough. I'd recommend to others just taking actual college classes if you have a community college nearby, as my experience there was better than what I've had with AP classes.

Just took the Human Geography exam.. (last AP test forevz no fukin plastic wrap to undo anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I thought it was really easy. The essays in particular were a walk in the park and I only had to guess on ~8 multiple choice questions. It's easily the easiest AP test I've ever taken

Taking the AP World History exam tomorrow. Anyone who's taken it before have some last minute tips?
I took this one, read the first 10 questions and picked c for every question after that. Read what the essays were about and drew pictures for the answers, I honestly was going to try but I didn't know a single thing, I have a pretty horrible AP teacher. At least I got to go home early :D

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I was stressing out badly for the APUSH exam since I literally did not learn anything about US History all year. To put it into perspective, I did not know anymore about US History from when I walked into the room on the first day of school than a month before the exam in April. I really wanted to get a 5. So as a drastic measure, I read 80% of the American Pageant... Got to chapter 36 on the Sunday the weekend of the exam. On the last day, I got the Crash Course book off of Google Play and reviewed it for 7 hours the days before, an 1 and a half in the morning...

When I finished I felt like I got a five. The APUSH DBQ was super easy and unlike last year with Euro, I did get to finish all of my essays and with time to spare. One weird thing I noticed about this APUSH exam is that it seemed to have more 1970+ questions than the review books indicated.
yeah ive always kind of wondered how 'half the country fails the APUSH exam' since in my experience it was p easy. granted i actually go to a private [parochial] and my teacher overprepared us to a ridiculous extent with the tests and essays [super hard tests and your grade gets fucked if you aren't getting 8/9s on the essays]. so are public school teachers for apush like really shitty? im just kind of at a loss as to how people do so bad on it lol

mattj likes dick

Lots of people try to take ap tests without taking an actual class, either with some online garbage or thinking they already know the subject well enough. I have a friend who bought a stats review book a week before the test and probably got at least a 4.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
AP SCORES OUT unless you're one of those unlucky bastards who has to wait until tomorrow. I saw mine yesterday and was waiting for Smogon to come back up so I could necro this thread:

I'm really happy with what I managed to accomplish, especially considering I thought i got like a 2 in Lang.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
AP Lit: 4
AP Euro: 3
AP Calc AB: 3

Slightly disappointed, but not surprised. I struggled with Euro and Calc all year (Cs), and I can't write essays at all.

Also, Pwnemon, that's really impressive. Congrats!

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
5's on BC and Statistics

4's on Government and Politics, English Literature, and both Physics C's.

Which is straight-up BULLSHIT because my college only takes 5's on Physics C.

HSA

INTellectual gamer
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
meh, took 4 APs (Human Geography, Enviornmental Science, Psychology, and Calc). I got a 2 on APHUG, a 1 on APES, a 1 on Psychology, and a 3 on Calc. Better than I expected. I took the classes and everything but they were very difficult and the complex topics covered went over my head. I was expecting 1s around the board. Think that the 3 in Calc could help pad out my college app? My GPA is pretty low (2.75 or so) and I don't have any ECs, thinking about applying to MIT, UTexas, and mayyyybe Harvard (reach school)

E&M - 4
All C's strategy has no weak

Mech - 5
Was partially clueless on the multiple choice, though I beat the FRQs like they owed me money

Calc AB - 4
Since I pretty much taught myself the AB curriculum during the first semester and gave up on the class after that, not too bad

Micro & Macro - 3
When I realized I had to get a 5 on one exam and at least a 4 on the other to get any credit, I completely eschewed studying (doesn't help that the MicMac exams have curves like a prepubescent boy)

Spanish Language - 4
bueno

HolyChipmunk

California's finest chodesmuggler
Physics B: 3

I'm okay with this score, I'm terrible at physics and I was honestly expecting a 2 at best lol

Calc AB: 4

Could have done better, but at least I passed

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
i think i destroyed the new AP bio. multiple choice was supremely easy, i don't think that i could have made less than 80% on it. a lot of the time i was able to BS it because 1-2 of the answers were just completely and obviously wrong. overall i prefer the application questions to straight up memorization i think. partly because of how fucking boring memorizing all the shit for bio is, and partly because the application made it easier to guess if you weren't sure.

the essays tho were pretty tough. i know i at least fucked up on the X/Y/Z cells, because i blanked and just said Z was a nerve cell, and i might have fucked up on the chi squared shit because we didn't learn that. i figure as long as i get 60% on the essays or so (judging from the composite scoring stuff on the old exam), i should get a 5. i feel very good about my 5, if i end with a 4 i'm gonna be mad.

APUSH, on the other have, i feel pretty bad about. i know most of your basic stuff, but i spent the last month going hardcore for biology because my teacher is trash. i guess i'm just gonna cram shit for the next 2 days. any ideas on what important themes could be, and what the essays will be on?

got 5s on both, pretty happy. i saw the score distribution for AP Bio and got pretty nervous, but I think that I did better on FRQs than I gave myself credit for. APUSH was just straight easy though, I got bored and reference Public Enemy in my essay

Bio - 5
Calc BC - 5

Knocked out both my Bio I and Calc I requirements! I was pretty confident with Calc but since Bio was a completely new exam I didn't know how it'd be graded. But this is a good end to my high school test taking career :)

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
To those kiddies who did well on AP Bio (congrats), be aware that in a lot of schools you _cannot_ skip Bio 1 with it. In my school AP Bio gives you credits in Environmental Science rather than for Bio 1 (because bio 1 is usually some sort of cell & molecular). Also, if you plan on going to Grad school for the sciences or going the pre-med route you probably have to take Bio 1 in college anyway... But still, the credit you get for any AP exam is great, it gives you a lot more freedom in school.

^ You're right. My case is extremely specific, as I'm a senior and know where I'm going for school and have a planned major and Bio I is replaced by AP Bio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)