Apocalypse Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might have forgotten to specify it explicitly in the rules, but please don't screenshot anything about the game, including screenshots of the forums' main page or IRC conversations. Screenshots can be faked, but until everybody knows how to do it, don't screenshot anything related to the game.

Alright guys looks like trashing LightWolf was the right choice, lucky me.

Now, Broolucks has kindly mentioned:

[15:35] <Broolucks> I don't think it gives any information either way, which was the intent

In regards to whether Olympians are the split or united mafia, so I guess those of us who were waiting to find that out (myself included) are disappointed. Anyway, just a few things I'd like say here.

Firstly, that as said before, this doesn't mean IPL is untrustworthy, just that he is the second of our inspectors. Since LightWolf is pretty much bullshitting, I guess we can safely say Carl is NOT olympian, although it doesn't mean he's mortal either. Also, LightWolf's role might still actually exist, just that a different user has it, possibly under another Olympian so that he is sure nobody on the mortal side can dispute his claim.

Also, this doesn't mean Krusty is 100% trustworthy, since LightWolf might have simply leaked his info, or he could be an Abom inspect so bodyguard etc. don't pm him immediately, although it is of course the best move to protect him tonight etc. He is definitely not olympian, but it still doesn't rule out neutral/abomination, so we'll have to see.

Alright guys I have no idea what led to this but can I just say that, when I talk to you in PM on IRC or something, do not ask me "HOW DOES X KNOW Y" because the truth is, I don't know ok x( , I am just told stuff and am passing it on, that is all. Also, the ... in my role pm are caused by chatzilla, and my lack of 'Image' is because I use Opera.

Anyway, firstly, IPL has been killed, as did Tooth, and we took Pillowrath down. Anyway, after like 5 mins worth of consideration here is what I think happened

Village -> Pillowrath
Olympians (maybe Hermes) -> IPL
Wolf -> Toothache

Abominations - Comic Book Guy

Anyway, yes, we did nail Pillowrath, so good job to us there. The flavor text could mean nothing, but if it does have significance, we can assume that the mauler was the wolf, and the clean kill was the olympians. I am inclined to think that the Abominations do not have a proper night kill; like the Wise in Zelda. Their pesudo-kill is probably the Jailer/Vanisher role, who vanished alias Comic Book Guy. There are other possibilities, of course, but for now this is what I think is most likely.

Ok, so basically, what we should try now is to nail an Olympian. Yeah, that is correct. I know some of you are thinking that, with 2 Olympians down, we should be aiming to take down an Abomination. That seems to make sense, but there is no real basis for it really.

If we nail an Olympian, there will be a lower chance of an alliance. As evidenced from previous mafia games (and also from common logic) two sides allying against one is generally something the lone side does not enjoy, so we should work to prevent such an occurence. By hitting an Olympian, the Olympians will be less likely to agree to an alliance, because after the alliance is dissolved they will undoubtedly have a much lower chance to win than the Abominations. Of course, if we have a sure hit on the abominations that is fine also.

Onto more concrete stuff. Since everyone more or less knows I am a Mortal, and one with a fairly mediocre role, unless you disbelieve me (looking at you Fishin and Earthworm), everyone should try to get into contact with me. For those who are still out of the loop (all 0.254 of you), I am Yamamoto Shigeru, Kamikaze pilot. You can contact me for details like my role pm.

For today, I am in slight contact with user Krusty, and I am told that the inspection did not hit a mafiaso. User Krusty may wish to tell me otherwise through other mediums besides himself. That is fine. Otherwise, I am afraid to say we lack any real solid leads. Our best lynch target at the moment may be Mr. Burns, those who disagree or have alternative information can again contact me.

EDIT: New information leads me to believe that Abominations are real monsters, and that the Kraken is the Abominations' jailer/role. He was the one who dragged Comic Book Guy to the depths of the ocean.

aamto

on whom the three Fates smile
r2, no one ever wants to talk to you ever.

no i'm just kidding. i want to talk to you................before i smite you with my scoped thundaboltz.

Sup guys and good job whoever you are who took out Selma the Olympian. I guess the existence of Hermes at least reinforces the idea that the Olympians were the ones who killed IPL, and another Olympian down is pretty good, I must say. As usual, this is what I think happened:

Abominations/Neutral (Possibly a Gorgon role) -> Gmax
Wolf -> Radioactive Man
Olympians/Village -> No kill
Kraken -> Still jailing Comic Book Guy

The method of killing, petrification, means that is it fairly possible the Gorgon did it, although I have not received any information on it thus far. If the Abominations are real monsters, then it is quite likely Medusa/Gorgon, assuming the role even exists, is one as well. The power is quite likely limited since there wasn't a kill on n1; it may have a certain amount of kills or it may even be a 1 kill/2 night thing like the Olympians, but we don't know anything for sure. As for the other kill, since the kill method was similar, I will assume that it is again the Wolf.

Also, the death of Radioactive Man introduces the concept of NPCs which is indeed interesting, but it should do little to affect gameplay for us, assuming that in the first place there was more than one. Since nobody can talk to these NPCs and they don't even have a role, we can more or less ignore them.

Today's lynch is a problem, because Krusty's inspections have turned up a mortal again. Basically, we've got a couple of options: either we follow one of our leads, which is dubious at best, or we vote No Lynch. Since we have 4 olympians dead and 2 mortals dead only, statistically we probably have a higher chance of lynching one of our own people. Therefore, unless we get a more solid lead, I think it would be best to vote No Lynch. Those who disagree or think they have a solid lead should talk to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)