Apocalypse Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you read the rules, you'd have found a link to the players.

I'm sorry if I assumed that all players would read the rules.
Well, that forum takes some time to navigate as it's rather slow, i would rather navigate through Smogon as it's faster. Thanks anyway (: (And thanks BK)

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Well, that forum takes some time to navigate as it's rather slow, i would rather navigate through Smogon as it's faster. Thanks anyway (: (And thanks BK)
It is just one link, the forum hasn't been slow for me yet. If you cannot read ONE link, then it just leaves me wondering why I let you in.

Now it has come to my attention that user Krusty is trying to get user Disco Stu lynched and of course user Imperfectluck is trying to get use Mrs Krabappel or however you spell it lynched.

Anyway, I'd just like all of us to view at this objectively. Of course, user Krusty is correct that IPL has not given out his alias, but on the flip side, IPL claims he is the inspector, so obviously he would prefer that his alias is not spread around. In any case, some people I know have claimed that they have IPL's alias, so that point is moot, unless of course they are lying, the possibility of which I do not discount.

Of course, Krusty has also taken more of a stand, since he is ACTIVELY using his alias, meaning we can revenge wagon him should Disco Stu turn out to be the hooker or the bg or something. So in light of this, we can conclude that Krusty has a low chance of being Olympian, since he won't lynch his own teammate (Unless it is a clever ruse...), and if Disco Stu isn't Olympian, then clearly Krusty isn't exactly a reliable source, which won't help him either.

On the other hand, that does not discount neutrals against the village or the Abomination mafia, so it doesn't mean that we can trust Krusty fully. IPL isn't exactly trustworthy either, as well. I am not showing support for either side, just pointing out the arguments.

Not to mention, neither party has stated any evidence for their proposed lynchings, but IPL at least has the role claim of the inspector, so we can assume he used his inspection on that. On the other hand, Krusty cannot be the inspector, so we are forced to question his information, especially when he mentions conclusive evidence.

Of course it could be that IPL is fake claiming. If he is, then I am forced to assume that our inspector is either a) not too good or b) lying low for whatever reason. Either way, if IPL is not our inspector, then I can only urge our actual inspector to step up and disprove it. Not to mention that, I assume some roles can inspect via smogon name or make connections between smogon name and alias. Those roles should surely be able to clear up the mess as well?

Just some food for thought, since almost everyone knows my role anyway.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Posting to say I am an inspector allied with the Mortals. I inspected Carl, and found he is...allied with the Abominations. And he is far more threatening than a bodyguard of the Olympians. For IPL's claim, that's quite doubtful, as Krusty and others put it in the mafia thread. His powers seem much more beneficial for an evil faction than a good one, or even powerful enough to be a neutral in itself. And how could he be the inspector allied with the Mortals if that inspector is me?

How to prove I'm Mortal?
- I can't be Neutral because it's dumb coming out so early and declaring my affiliation
- I can't be Abomination because they are out of all this, all they have to do is sit back and vote
- I can't be Olympian because I would be safe right now and I would be exposing myself when I cant even save either of those two since their aliases are out so if I turn out that, then its over for them

ps: Carl the alias not the user

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
To me it seems unlikely that even if a person claiming inspector was a mafia that they would point the finger at someone who wasnt another mafia. That would just get them lynched.

The most likely reason I could see that any of the three people making accusations could be accusing a mortal is if they recieved false information about that persons allegiance from somewhere.

It looks to me as though IPL has the ability to find out someones forum name from their player name, and he found out Pillowrath was mafia. This seems like it might be the most reliable at this point. I dont think we can safely assume that either of the other two people making claims are actually recieving their info from reliable sources.

On the other hand, IPLs inspection ability is pretty weak compared with a classic inspector. I am really not sure how we can verify if Lightwolf or Krustys abilitys are safe without following one of them in a lynch. If Krusty is the true inspector then identifying him soon is valuable because he is the most exposed, and the most important so protecting him could be vital..

[edit] - lightwolf could be a less valuable mafia trying to direct a lynch away from their inspector or something. He seems to be the best person to not agree with.

Have a nice day.

Posting to say I am an inspector allied with the Mortals. I inspected Carl, and found he is...allied with the Abominations. And he is far more threatening than a bodyguard of the Olympians. For IPL's claim, that's quite doubtful, as Krusty and others put it in the mafia thread. His powers seem much more beneficial for an evil faction than a good one, or even powerful enough to be a neutral in itself. And how could he be the inspector allied with the Mortals if that inspector is me?

Again, why the fuck doesn't anyone give their evidence? Krusty won't say his role and you haven't mentioned Carl's role. If he's really so threatening you'd imagine the village ought to be alerted immediately.

In any case, how can IPL's powers be powerful? It's just an inspect, man. Inspects are only useful when you can kill, which IPL has never claimed he could do so, which really means he isn't neutral. What is your logic for claiming that an evil faction would benefit more from an inspection?

Information works the same way for both sides, in fact, information helps the village more since they don't have any kind of information at all, that's why in traditional mafia games the mafia don't have an inspector, because it wouldn't help them much. Obviously this is a different type of mafia, but the point still stands that we are almost CERTAIN there are village inspects, whereas mafia inspects are simply less likely(although I am not saying there aren't any).

And you neglect to mention that there might be multiple inspectors, that inspect on different things.

How to prove I'm Mortal?
- I can't be Neutral because it's dumb coming out so early and declaring my affiliation

Despite the fact that I already have 5 different people claim neutral to me and probably to several others)? Neutral claims are the BEST claims early game simply because nobody wants to take you out, they are busy trying to locate the mafia/village inspect hooker bg etc.

Also, if you really are Neutral then you AREN'T declaring your affiliation, you're faking it (since you claim mortal), so this point doesn't make any sense.

- I can't be Abomination because they are out of all this, all they have to do is sit back and vote

Only if alias Carl is really an Abomination, and it seems unlikely that we will be lynching him today, so we haven't got any proof. Even if alias Carl is not Abomination, by the way, then like Krusty said, the only thing we have is 'Lightwolf is mafia', since you aren't putting your alias on the line.

- I can't be Olympian because I would be safe right now and I would be exposing myself when I cant even save either of those two since their aliases are out so if I turn out that, then its over for them

You could well be Olympian, and trying to direct the lynch. Whoever gains the trust of the people is important here, if the village trust you over Krusty and IPL you can very well save Mrs Krabappel and Disco Stu. Not to mention, if anything Olympian is very likely since you could be a useless Olympian trying to save your team-members. Again, I don't really get what you're saying at all.

ps: Carl the alias not the user
guys help am I just thick because I do NOT get what lightwolf is saying

??

I do not think it is hard to believe that there are multiple mortal inspectors. IPL claims to only be able to inspect Smogon username and receive the users alias, as well as a sheriff-like power, he finds if a user is mortal or not mortal. He only knows Pillowrath is Olympian as he foolishly claimed to be Hermes, thinking he could hide behind his alias (remember Shiv said people saying "Hi I am [role]" would get screwed)

Now LightWolf can only inspect aliases, and gets nothing but alignment. Therefore he knows the alias Carl is an Abomination.

These two inspectors both get different types of information; alternate usernames and alignment. Because of this I do not find it hard to believe that Krusty could also be an inspector, one who inspects aliases and is given the targets role name + power. This would be how he knows Poseidon is a bg (Olympian would be easily work-outable)

But I feel it is very suspicious he posted only on the Anon forum, as if afraid of being inspected by IPL and revealing that he is not mortal.

Now the lynch. Pillowrath has claimed his power is to send messages anonymously to any alias without revealing his username or alias (giving his mafia the ability to threaten/recruit people with no risk) This is mostly harmless, but he also claims he can permanently wipe people of their role, making them useless. I dont know how many times he can do this.

As Poseidon wont be doing much this early, and can always be lynched next I feel Mrs. Krabappel is a much better lynch than Disco Stu. If Pillowrath can wipe people of their roles (i think he can) he will likely target Krusty in order to put the mortals (???) down an inspector.

So, for now I think we should trust IPL and lynch Mrs. Krabappel.

but the only thing incorrect there is, that i am a neutral lol

and to clear things up, the fact that Zeus is supposed to be my father, I have Olympian blood in me which shows me as an Olympian on inspection.

edit - And no i cant wipe anyone's role. It's the person's discretion whether to join my non-violence crew or not.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I do not think it is hard to believe that there are multiple mortal inspectors. IPL claims to only be able to inspect Smogon username and receive the users alias, as well as a sheriff-like power, he finds if a user is mortal or not mortal. He only knows Pillowrath is Olympian as he foolishly claimed to be Hermes, thinking he could hide behind his alias (remember Shiv said people saying "Hi I am [role]" would get screwed)

Now LightWolf can only inspect aliases, and gets nothing but alignment. Therefore he knows the alias Carl is an Abomination.

These two inspectors both get different types of information; alternate usernames and alignment. Because of this I do not find it hard to believe that Krusty could also be an inspector, one who inspects aliases and is given the targets role name + power. This would be how he knows Poseidon is a bg (Olympian would be easily work-outable)

But I feel it is very suspicious he posted only on the Anon forum, as if afraid of being inspected by IPL and revealing that he is not mortal.

Now the lynch. Pillowrath has claimed his power is to send messages anonymously to any alias without revealing his username or alias (giving his mafia the ability to threaten/recruit people with no risk) This is mostly harmless, but he also claims he can permanently wipe people of their role, making them useless. I dont know how many times he can do this.

As Poseidon wont be doing much this early, and can always be lynched next I feel Mrs. Krabappel is a much better lynch than Disco Stu. If Pillowrath can wipe people of their roles (i think he can) he will likely target Krusty in order to put the mortals (???) down an inspector.

So, for now I think we should trust IPL and lynch Mrs. Krabappel.
thunda when did you get so smart

thunda always was smart - a genius, in fact. He just fakes stupidity so people can feel better about themselves. But sometimes he just has to set things straight, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)