Apprentice Program: Round Eighty One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: moonbase
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: moonbase
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: X/Y Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a high school freshman who wants to learn some actual skills in ubers, because the ladder is a joke. I willing to put in the effort to gain some actual proficiency in the tier, and I hope to be chosen for this round.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yes

I was skipped round 80 (no X/Y ubers tutors at the time iirc)

Username:ABaker
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:AshKBaker2014
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT+1, can be available at any time.
What tier do you want to learn?:UU, OU, or Ubers (BW2 or XY, preferably the latter)
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been a regular visitor of this site for around six months and have reached the point of wanting to contribute to the community. I was chosen to be tutored a few rounds back and had one proper lesson with my tutor which went well but for some reason he didn't respond to any of my messages to arrange subsequent lessons. I really want to get better at competitive Pokemon, team building and building EV spreads and just be able to come up with custom sets and experimental play styles. I know that I was chosen for a previous round and that people are probably higher up on the waiting list (if that's even a thing) than I am but I was not technically tutored at all which is why I ask that I am at least considered to enter this round.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?:Yup.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Username: Arcticblast
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Arcticblast
seriously though
why do I need this field
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 but I'm available most of the day
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Ecology & Evolution major at the University of Pittsburgh. I mostly play Doubles but I'm looking to get better at OU since I'm pretty shit at it I guess.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: sure why not
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: sure why not

Username: Debury
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Debury
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - Monday/ Tuesday Morning, Tuesday Evening, Wednesday Afternoon, All day Thursday/Friday. (It's always the same time for availability as my work is the same week to week.)
Tell us a little about yourself: Been back and playing Pokemon competitively now for a few months but find I am missing certain skills to become better. I would like to be able to build good successful teams and be good at using them. Usually I end up tying myself in knots and coming up with ineffective teams and lack the foresight to improve on them. I have been a regular user of the competitive tutoring and the IRC but just feel 1 to 1 tutoring is the way I need to go to truly get better. I also wish to become better at knowing what I am talking about to contribute more heavily in Smogon based discussions.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely

I WAS SKIPPED OVER IN ROUND 80

Username:dhn
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:musicforthedeaf
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:gmt +9 , weekday nights and weekends
What tier do you want to learn?:XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I used to play BW UU and love it. Since the tier is not well established yet, I guess OU is the way to go for now. Have a deep interest in stall thus expecting a tutor that have lots of knowledge in that area. Also a bit interested in trick room and gravity team. In general, I would like to explore a more unorthodox approach to the game and I believe this way, I can learn the game as whole.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: what's tutee talk? if it s pretty much a general discussion, I don't see a reason not to.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: yes, would be a nice experience

Last edited:
Username: indian
Pokemon Showdown:me_aman
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT+5:30. i am available from 10 in morning to 5 in evening(any 3?4 hours between this time).
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: i am an indian who is going to college this year, and i will be doing engineering.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yup
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?:of course

i had signed up before but was skipped.

Username: TRCarnivine
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: TRC001
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +12 3.00pm - 10.00pm weekdays, all of weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU / XY UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I live in New Zealand, I go to school, my life isn't really that interesting :/ I've done some c&c work which is in my sig, I'm part of The Smog HTML team and I lead the XY OU Pokemon of the Week in the overused forum. I want to get better at team-building, utilizing win conditions and stuff like that.

Skipped last round

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: Labyrinthine
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Labyrinthine
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+11. I'm available pretty much whenever after 5:30pm on weekdays and all day during weekends or holidays.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 16-year-old Australian that has been on Smogon since the start of 2013. I enjoy playing OU as well as writing analyses, but feel as if I need to expand my tiers a bit and learn something new (which is why I want to learn Ubers). I'm also a driver on PS.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Definitely.

Username:Souvikde
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Razeredge01
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT +8. Im avalable weekdays 7-11 pm and weekends in most cases the whole day.
Tell us a little about yourself: Im 24 years old live in Singapore got into competitive battling in XY after my friend told me about pokemon showdown. I watched a lot of smogon videos on youtube esp. the Victory road series. I do play showdown quite a bit tried to make into the OU suspect test but unfortunately didn't make the cut.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yes.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?:I would love to.

I had signed up before and skipped last round.

I'v been Skipped in the round 80 :(

Username: Jirne
Pokemon Showdown Username: Jirne
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, Tuesday Friday evenings (6-7pm - midnight) can add other days or more depending on the tutor availability and how much time the apprentice program require.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm Jérémy and i come from Kalos, currently living in the suburbs of luminose city i'm enjoying my life as software programmer and a video game addict. As video games i'm currently playing some RPG (i love dwarf rpg) and i'm looking forward to play divinity : original sin and DAO:3.
I returned to pokemon more than one year ago (after playing red and silver yeaaaaars ago) and i decided to take a look at competitive in the BW2 OU tier. I learned from scratch alone, and then when i discovered smogon and the strageydex a whole new world openned to me.
I have tendencies to play gimmicks/fun things because i want to make them viable, going back to the basics to learn the metagame in-depth looks like a good idea.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yupe for sure.
Why I should be tutored:
By alowing me to participate me to the tutoring, you are helping knowledge to spread. i'm not very talkative but be sure that i love to teach people asking for it !, i'm not just confident enough.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament? : If i find myself confident after the tutoring it gonna be with peasure.

Username: VikingBunny
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: VikingBunny
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PHT (GMT+8 hours) I'm available at 6 pm- 10 pm on weekdays and usually the whole day on weekends (PHT)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm from the Philippines. I've played Pokemon for a long time but I've only gotten into competitive battling recently.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yes, if i'm free

Fewer than 25 posts: I have some competitive experience from Pokemon Showdown and I am very willing to learn and to change if I am doing anything wrong.

Username: epicdrill
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: epicdrill
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-7, Monday 4PM-6PM, Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday 3PM-5PM (Thursday will be 4pm-6pm soon), Friday 8PM-midnight, Saturday any time but 2am-9am, Sunday 9am-10pm
Tell us a little about yourself:I rarely, if ever, play a video game that is not PS or A Link Between Worlds, and I pretty much play video games whenever I have free time, which, as you can see from above, I have a lot of. Out of the two, I play PS considerably more, although I would not consider myself skilled (Can't consistently stay above 1400 ELO, usually around 1350 ELO). My favorite class at school is Biology. I play guitar and piano.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Absolutely

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Metal Sonic
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Metal Sonic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Ubers / XY LC
Tell us a little about yourself:I like sonic the hedgehog

Skipped in round 78,79,80 :o

Username: Safes
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Safes
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, 9am-9pm (ofc this just means that my availability times are flexible)
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 22-years old boy from Italy; I've been playing Pokemon for almost a year now, but it has only been few months since I became somewhat active on the forum. I've already been tutored in RU some months ago, but I would love to become competitive in a more active tier. I fell in love with Ubers (and Xerneas), and I hope to get some help in speeding up the learning process (W/L ratio is less than satisfactory atm :/).
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yes, why not? :D

Skipped in round 80 (due to the lack of tutors, I think)

Last edited:
Guys pick dubs>ou! Pretty sure that's too many ou tutees already and doubles is best tier
Username: youngjake93
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: youngjake93
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Almost all the time on my phone. It varies when at the computer though EST(-5)
What tier do you want to learn?: Literally ANY tier
Tell us a little about yourself:
I had a goal when tutoring Haruno in dubs. It was to get him to a level where he could build a team and have a serious chance to beat basically any given opponent. He got the opportunity to beat most of the active doubles players at least one time :)
Anyway, that is my goal for myself. I want to pick up another tier and get good enough to where I have at least a chance at beating some of the best in that tier.
As of now, I know dubs and I am 'decent' at the other XY metas. I know mostly the basics in every tier already except adv, so I'm mainly just looking to actually get good in whatever tier we got tutors for.
Will you be willing to do tutee talkthreads on your tutors?: Yes.

I signed up for round 80 but was passed over

Username: Alpaqa
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Alpaqa
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, I can connect every day in the afternoon and evening if needed
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU (teambuilding... especially)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm new to Smogon although I've started playing competitively few months ago. In this period I played almost every BW2's tier (LC, NU, ..., Ubers) and I really like sub-tiers because they are really interesting! I also started to use IRC to take part of your activities and meet other people ^^
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yes ^^

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, Pokémon Showdown, or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).
I have just 1 post because I never took part of this community (I'm a lone player), but I want to learn more about this game and I'm not able to do it without your help. Yes, I'm able to use Pokémon Online and Pokémon Showdown!

Username: ptz
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: pokemon online
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: eastern
What tier do you want to learn?: xy ou
Tell us a little about yourself: I been playing competive since 2009
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: yes

Username: Emi
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Emilet
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +10 but VERY flexible
What tier do you want to learn?: X/Y OU/Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Played this game on/off for so many years. Still terrible. Hopefully with the help of a wonderful tutor this is the year I breakout.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of Course

Last edited:
Username: Falling Silence
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Falling Silence
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, more active on weekends.
Tell us a little about yourself: I started playing just before XY was released, and now that its been out for a while, I would like to learn about the metagame because I'm not very good at battling and I want to learn basic stuff such as teambuilding and battling strategy.

25 posts: Well, I'm more of a lurker than a poster because I don't know much about a lot of metagames so I would probably look like an idiot to everyone which obviously I don't want, so getting tutored would really help me to get a good start on battling better as well as posting more :)

Last edited:
Username: Ein
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Ein/SupaBouncer
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST and anytime mostly
What tier do you want to learn?: XY - OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I had a wonderful session last time and improved significantly. Just need to start improving on team building and work on some move predictions.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Defenitely

Metal Sonic said he would be willing to tutor me.

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Username: jynx
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Lavandula
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8 but usually stays up till 3am.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY - OU and basically most single battles.
Tell us a little about yourself: My performance is poor in Single Battles compared to my Doubles score, I suspect that I'm missing something important for singles. Vulnerable at judging when to switch in, have difficulty in using moves that come to effect after a few turns. (Namely Wish and Future Sight) However, Baton Passing seems to be ok.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: no

Bean

༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: Bean
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: DragonBean
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT Usually available most week nights and most of the day on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Ubers or XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm not the best competitive player but in gen 5 I was decent at NU and this gen I am better at UU. The only tier I have never actually played is Ubers which is why I really want to learn how to play it. I've been active on PS for about a year now and I'm trying to be more active on here too.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Absolutely.

I have less than 25 posts. I think I should be tutored because I am a good listener and I want to learn. I have a lot of experience in pokemon battling so I know the jargon and will learn quickly.

Username: Exclaimer
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Exclaimer (Showdown)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central, available from 4-7 most school days, more on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitive for a while now, since the middle of gen 5. My sun team was very powerful in those days, and I feel like I had a gem of a team that I never needed to change. With gen 6, however, with weather nerfed so heavily, my team has been benched in favor of other teams. With the new metagame, though, I feel like I've completely lost myself in this meta. There are so many threats and teams out there that I find trouble making a team to combat everything. I need some serious help with prediction too, as I often find myself "outplayed" by players who seem to do things at random.

However, I have been a great battler aside from these factors. I understand what nearly all Pokemon do, and I am patient to look up things I do not immediately know what to deal with. I can value risk and reward rather well, and I take the safe play nearly all of the time. I like to play stall team archetypes and sometimes offensive teams.

Other than my battling experience though, I've played Pokemon since Sapphire/Ruby came out, and I've been deathly obsessed with Pokemon ever since. Hell, Pokemon x/y brought me out of a four year depression, that's how much it meant to me. I'm extremely intelligent by most people's standards; I've scored the highest ACT score out of anyone in my school for the past three years, and I was IQ tested at 147 at the age of 7. I really like drawing (Manga and Pokemon especially) and I have my own special style of drawing that most people haven't seen. I am an introvert though, so I may be difficult to talk to. This hardly happens online though, and people say I'm extremely nice most of the time. :D
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, definitely. I want to be able to communicate with my tutor as much as possible, through IRC or other methods.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yes. I want to see what my skills are when they are put to the test.

UNDER 25 POSTS: While I haven't posted much, I've lurked around the forums a ton, especially the RMT thread, OU analyses, OU competitive discussion thread, and this forum (Excited for the signups!).

Last edited:
Username: nub0rn
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: nub0rn
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: UTC/GMT +1 hour
What tier do you want to learn?: X/Y (probably OU)
Tell us a little about yourself: Games have accompanied me my whole life long. I'm very competitive in any sports and games I do/play and always strive to better myself. I'm a project manager in RL, but do have free time right now, so entering the programm would be perfect. Even though I played red/blue and sapphire years ago, neither did I ever do pokemon battles, nor did I play any of the newer versions. My only pvp experience is from the card game where I won a couple of local tournaments when it came out (if that counts :D). I'm a very chill guy, and hard on myself, so teaching me is usually very easy, apart from those moments where I hate myself over my own mistakes. I like complicated strategies with alot of options more than straight-forward ones and like thinking ahead.
What I'm looking for is an in depth crash course for someone new to the competitive aspect (I know the basics), and an example of how teambuilding and fighting works (to have something to work on).
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: sure
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: if my tutor is able to prepare me enough I would be thrilled to enter.
Why I should be tutored: I'm a fast learner with alot of experience in strategy games. Even though I like to go my own ways more ofthen than not I usually produce results. If chosen I WILL be present for tutoring and not waste anyones time. If I get more into it in the process I might even get really engaged with the community (not really posting atm).

Username: Level100Afroman
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: KG05, Afroman_Test, Lvl100Afroman
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT -5)
What tier do you want to learn?: X/Y OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I love pokemon, have been playing pokemon since I was young. I am huge in the competitive scene, i breed a lot and used to run a trading thread. Sadly I haven't been able to build successful techniques in team building and battle strategies to take myself to the next level. Also I have signed up for some of the previous rounds and not gotten in so I'd love to finally get a shot at this!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Of course yes.
Also I have signed up for previous rounds and not gotten in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)