Apprentice Program: Round Fifty Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: HawkeUsedBlackStorm
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: HawkeUsedBlackStorm
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: (US Eastern Timezone) 4:00 - 8:00 Weekdays, 1:00 - 10:00 Weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: Black and White OU, I want to catch up to the metagame, but my main concern is what would likely be encountered in a physical tournament.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've played pokemon most of my gaming life, so I'm familiar with the game. I know about a lot of the game mechanics, but I don't know if I have the team-building or prediction skills yet needed for true competitive play. Colored text gets attention. I'm finally caught up for the first time in over a decade, and I've had time to think my strategy over. I like sword-fighting and making things. My pets include 8 cats, and 1 dog that looks like a pig.
I have played Pokemon for the first 12 years of my life, most of it was noncompetitive.I relooked into the series to get nostalgia, and found out about the more in-depth mechanics. This happened about 3 years ago. I took a new attitude for wath the games really were. I became the best battler at my school (It had an unofficial "Pokemon Club", I beat them all.) I wanted to learn from actual good battlers; I knew I wasn`t a pro. When I found a community for serious Pokemon battling, I was overjoyed. I missed last round of tutoring, but I decided not to waste my time by doing nothing as I waited. I got to so the expert community for it`s knowledge. I found what I was looking for. I'll stop now, sorry for the wall of text.

theebay707

Banned deucer.
Username: Theebay707
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Theebay707
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8. 4PM-8PM on weekdays. 10AM-Whenever I have to go on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've started competitive battling only at the beginning of B/W and have leaderboarded 3 times.

Assigned to EspyJoel

Username
: CripSwagger
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: CripSwagger
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST-1, 08:00-22:00
What tier do you want to learn?: 5th gen OU
Tell us a little about yourself: quick learner X)

OH, i think i should be accepted cuz EspyJoel agreed to tutor me

Username: The Silent Storm
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: TheSilentStorm
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 17:00-23:00 mostly
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm from London, I started battling in late 2010, after Excadrill and Deoxys-s ban I feel lost in the current metagame, I don't know actually how to face ''volturn teams'' I would also like to complete the dark horse challenge.
I applied in round 55 but I didn't get a tutor.

Username: Fantasy
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Fantasy. / Jimbow
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT + 00 : After 7 PM usually and all day during the week ends
Tell us a little about yourself: I would like to improve in team building. Posting from round 57.

Username: Icy Arcanine
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Icy Arcanine
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST mostly free on weekends and sometimes free from 7-9 on mon wed fri
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a year round competitive swimmer and I love to play pokemon and other video games as a hobby.
Under 25 Posts explination: I quite often battle on the smogon server but I have never really felt as though I could really get into discussion on PO server or in the forums because of my lack of skill in battling. I hope that by getting tutored I can really start to become a part of the smogon community

Username: Pkrs
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Pkrs
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Gmt-6
What tier do you want to learn?:BW Ubers and OU
Tell us a little about yourself:nothing to say but im a great guy Xd

Username: Hyperbeem
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Hyperbeem
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Gmt-6
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU, more ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Need someone active like my bro Enz0

Username: BlueDragoon
PO user: BlueDragoon
Timezone/availability: eastern standard, after 8pm eastern except on tuesday.
Tier: bw ou
About me: I've been playing competitively with friends for years and want to take my skills to the next level and help my friends improve as well.

Under 25 posts: Up until recently I didn't make an account because I couldn't contribute due to a general lack of knowledge. I'd like to gain the knowledge so I can research on my own and later contribute

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Username: LucaroarkZ
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: [Test] LucaroarkZ
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8, 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi, I'm LucaroarkZ. I signed up to this forum in August 2011, when I was a noob to competitive battling. I've gotten much better at BW/DPP OU than I used to be, but I struggle to succeed in one metagame I wish to do well in, which is ADV OU. I'm more used to the fast-paced offensive metagame found in BW OU/DPP OU, and I am struggling to adapt to the more balanced metagame I see in ADV OU. I'd like to improve in ADV OU team building, as well as battling in general.

Assigned to Mekkah (ADV OU)

Username: Amell
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Amell
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -3, 6 PM-1 AM
What tier do you want to learn? ADV OU, DPP OU, BW OU(Yup, I like to learn, so any of these metas - or them all - will be fine)
Tell us a little about yourself: I've always been a fan of the show and the game, and knew about the existence of the competitive game and smogon since 2009 - I started banning Smogon Ubers from my in-game play from this time on - But i've started real competitive only last october.

I've already accomplished some advances in BW OU meta, having built two or three effective teams and using them properly, but I feel that my teams are too standard and sometimes I lack the ability to analyze the game and save some pokemons/do the right decisions. I have some ADV and DPP teams, but they're all ripped, I just don't know enough about these metas to build good teams and sometimes this lack of experience just make me do stupid decisions.

I'd like to be an active part of the smogon community, so my tutor should expect a talkative friendly tutee.

Deleted User [105998]

Banned deucer.
Username: TORFdot0
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: TORFdot0 or Youngster Joey
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST (Gmt-6) 4pm and later
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU, DPPt OU
Tell us a little about yourself: College Student, from Kansas. I just got back into pokemon after not playing since gen3. I bought a DS and SoulSilver and Platinum this August. I'm looking into getting more competitive in battles. I need help making better teams. I do have less than 25 post due to the fact that, I don't normally like posting in off-topic forums but don't feel knowledgable enough to make post in serious threads. I am pretty active on the server though.

ok, i'm pretty sure I have more than one post, because i've used trade request threads and such. i guess they were deleted. Oh well, I really love Pokemon and hope I can get engaged in the Smogon Community

Username: MetroSpirit
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: [TMH]Ace
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0 (England) 8PM - 11PM on weekdays and all day on weekends.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm not a casualty of society but I love Pokemon since a very young age, I am a shy person but I am a very determined person, I dedicate myself to anything I put my mind to. And if I get tutored I know I will get better.

Why I should be tutored (less than 25 posts): I feel as though I can contribute more to the Smogon Community if I get tutored here.

Username: Makaveli3k
Po Username: Varies
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0 6.00-10.00 On weekdays, weekends anytime really unless I am doing something
Tell us a little about yourself: Well I am at college atm, been playing pokemon for about half a year, and am willing to learn more. I love music, and a big fan of rap music. I am flexible as well generally in anything really.
Under 25 posts: Well i have not had the chance to reply as much as I can, with exams and all that. Plus i believe that i am of no help to contribute to smogon as of yet, as my skill can improve through tutoring. Once it has, I will contribute as much as I can. I do not feel at that level yet where I can post or rate teams to a good ability, so by improving I hope to improve these skills and help out more
Signed up in previous thread. Plus signed to last two rounds but was too late

Username: HoiPolloi
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: HoiPolloi
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 18:00-23:00; on weekends all day
What tier do you want to learn?: BW Ou
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm from Germany and I still have to go school. My favourite subjects are maths, chemistry and physics. After school I want to study medicine. In my spare time I do athletics, complex origami or obviously play Pokemon. I'm highly motivated to learn new things. If I get a tutor, I hope to improve my battle strategy, and how to make good decisions while battling. A little help in the teambuilding section would be nice too.
Signed up in the previous thread, but didn't get a tutor.

Username: Dewhinifier
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Urban Dew in OU recently...usually, something and the word "Dew"
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt -5, 12 pm-12 am
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU and RU, but pretty much any tier
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been into pokes since like 1998, but only recently got into competitive. I'm still trying to improve...
Reason: I've been becoming more active on the site, posting wherever I feel I can contribute. I also try to get on PO daily if possible and practice.

Username: EmeraldGoblin
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: EmeraldGoblin
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5. 41
Tell us a little about yourself: I've started competitive battling only at the beginning of B/W, but I would like to learn alot more; I have less than 25 posts because i spend most of my time reading on smogon than posting.

Signed up in november's thread, but didn't get a tutor. Didn't sign up for december because i went on vacation

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Username: Pocket
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Pocket
Your time zone: GMT - 5
Usual Hours: 2-4 PM Tu / We / Th; 2-5 PM Fr; after 11:30 PM any day
What tier do you want to learn?: BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been tutored by Jackal in RBY, PokemaniacBob in GSC, and MoP in ADV UU. I've been into competitive battling since 2003, but I've been transiently out-of-commission due to college. I am well-played in BW OU and UU, and want to wet my hands in Ubers. I've battled some Ubers in ADV and DPP in the past, but the meta environment is still quite different with the new non-Uber / Uber mons as well as Arseus making a splash.

PS: Poppy agreed to tutor me :o

Username: Raseri
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Raseri
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7. 5PM-8PM on weekdays. 11AM-midnight on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 17 and have been tutored before in BW OU, and because I have never played ADV before(except for uu) and am looking to improve in it for the upcoming Tour. I do not need a tutor to spend a large amount of time with me in it, just enough to learn how the metagame works so I can compete in it at a superficial level

Username: Resident evil
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: [TMH]Resident evil or [Test]Resident evil
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7 I’m free the entire day Fri.-Sun., and am usually on in the afternoons on all other days.
Tell us a little about yourself: I suppose you could say I’m slightly unusual for my age. I like to keep up with the news to some degree, occasionally have economical and politically based discussions with whoever will bother to do so with me, and occasionally do writing in my spare time. As I happen to live in a part of northern part of Arizona that is particularly heavy on horse properties, the aforementioned are essentially all of the things I do apart from the brutally obvious things you can infer from my age and my signing up for a tutee position.

Under twenty-five posts: In the forums I find myself on most frequently, I’ve built up a reputation for battling that I don’t hold up to in any way, and thereunto why I am signing up to be tutored by someone that can actually help me. Getting a tutor may actually also convince me to contribute to these forums, which happens to be something I have a moderate interest in at present.

Username: CriCri95
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: CriCri95
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-1
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU / Uber
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a French Player who begin to play at Pokemon since DPP, and I became a good player at this tiers I guess. So, I would like to learn news metagames to continue to have fun playing to Pokemon because BW OU is boring and my favorite tier, DPP OU, is dead.

And it will prepare me for the Smogon Tour.

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to ala

Username: Deinosaur
Shoddy Username: deinosaur
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8, 5-9 pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I have a lot of time on my hands and I play pokemon.

Username:Juanca
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:[Aura]Juanca
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GTM -8 Avaible 7am-12am and 8pm-10pm and Saturay and Sunday im free alsmot the whole day
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU,ADV OU,DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself:well i have been playing pokemon alittle bit less than a year,i dont have many post since im just not used to posting on forums D:,but i will start posting as soon as i start knowing more people and feel more confortable.I have also been in many clans seeking to battle good players but after a while i get bored and move to another one to seek better battlers and so on xD.
I wish to learn well the BW,ADV,DPP OU metagame since i only have an ok knowledge from the BW OU metagame since its the only thing i have played aside from mixed tier battles which i dont do anymore and i want to get knowledge from all generations and not only stick up with one generation,also i really need help team building since im a horrible team builder.Also i need better prediction skills since sometimes i screw up with an over prediction and mess up the game so i need to learn when to overpredict.btw i also have a really good spanish since im mexican :D

Reason why i want to get tutored?:
Im Chuck Norris son and if you guys dont tutor me he will kill you all D:<....jk...im just a person that wants to get better at battling...the rest is on the top lol

Assigned to EspyJoel

Username
: Psycho Cut
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: [BA] Psycho Cut
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +0, 8pm onwards, more times at weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a normal school kid going through GCSEs, I do athletics, cross-country and swimming competitively, and enjoy other sports such as football and basketball. I also like playing the guitar and listening to music. I've signed up for Tutroing because, although I'm not bad, I've hit a 'roadblock' and can't seem to get any better

Also, EspyJoel said he would Tutor me this round

I also signed up in the last thread, and on an earlier page to boot (3) :(

Oh noes! The Ninjas stole the other thread which I had signed up on

Username: Ninja Dewott
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: [BA] Ninja Dewott/NinjaDewottRU
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, late evinings, 9pm+ ish, and pretty much anytime at weekends, depending on what I'm doing
What tier do you want to learn?: BW RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a fully trained Ninja. Which is cool. I also have a good sense of humour as well, and enjoy having a good laugh. I'm a competitive swimmer and also play tennis and football recreationally. I have other intrests such as Ninjas, Video Games, Reading, Ninjas, Music and Ninjas. Oh, and Ninjas. I want to learn more about RU because I really enjoy the metagame and want to get even better, like, to the point where I can post an RMT just to show off ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)