Apprentice Program: Round Fifty Five

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Assigned to Fried Rhys

Username:
Furai
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Furai, Example
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2 - Whenever I'm on, really.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I'm a competitive battler for about 2 years now. I wouldn't say I'm a bad battler, but I do have place to improve at like team building and mainly - battle skills like predictions etc. Besides school and Pokemon I enjoy hanging out with my friends.

I did NOT get a tutor last round, and Fried Rhys has agreed to tutor me.

ASSIGNED TO SkyNet

Username: Foster
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Foster
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt-4, usually anytime after I get home from school.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU / ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: A 16 year old kid from CT who plays sports and likes to have fun. I've been struggling lately in bw and I know I could do better. I also want to learn ADV cause I have no idea how to play it and it seems pretty cool.

Username: Ketsuban
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Ketsuban
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, most times between about 11am and 11pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU / DW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a fan of linguistics who currently has an abundance of free time due to subpar A-levels - I'm trying to collect study credentials to apply to study linguistics at Oxford University. I did some competitive battling back in Gen II days (IIRC, Gen III was out, but NetBattle hadn't added it yet) at Gengar and Haunter's Pokémon Forum. I'm also a fan of stir-fries and bad jokes.

I should be tutored because: It'll probably be an easier ride than tutoring someone who's never encountered competitive play before in their lives - I don't need to be taught the absolute basics, just brought up to speed with the way things are done now.

Username: FinalLegendZero
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Lord Dralxbey
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -5 GMT. Available Tuesday and Thursday from 3:30 to 4:45, and Friday from 7:30am to 5:30
What tier do you want to learn?: DP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've only joined Smogon about a year ago, but have been lurking here for a long time before that. I'm pretty familiar with the Gen IV metagame, but struggle with teambuilding and prediction. Most of my teams revolve around Bulky Offense, but I've also attempted Balanced teams before.

Assigned to Stone_Cold

I did not get a tutor last round and Stone_Cold agreed to tutor me for round 55

Username:Eranu
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Eranu
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 / Between 3 P.M. and 11 P.M.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm from the netherlands i've been into pokemon for around 7 month from which 4 competitive.
I've been trying to learn myself how to become a great battler but i'm not improving anymore.
I would like to get into the smogon community and get a better player and have more fun in the game.

ASSIGNED TO macle

Username: Perfexionist
Pokemon Online / SHoddy Username: N/A (But I plan on making one with the same name as this forum.)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT -5) 3 P.M. - 9 P.M.
What tier do you want to learn: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I attend high school in the Eastern part of the United States. My primary focus is academics, but I run cross country and am a drummer in jazz band. I am also Christian, which is a big part of my life and I feel is worth mentioning. When I was younger I played Pokemon casually. The meta-game attracted me, but I never seriously got into it. About a month ago a few runners on my cross country team were talking about Pokemon Online. Since then I have been lurking around the Smogon forums. I've been looking for a strategy game I can really get into, something with great depth and balance I can immerse myself in, and competitive battling may be a perfect fit for me.

I have always been interested in strategy games. I am a bit of a perfectionist - I either give something my all or don't do it at all. I am also highly competitive. I have been known to "over-think" (I personally don't think that is possible, but that is a tangent for another time :D) moves in all the games I play, whether they are casual card games with the family or more serious competitions. I'm not quite sure how to get myself established as a battler and in the community, but a tutor seems like a great way. I learn a lot from one-on-one teaching, and would be a dedicated tutee who aims to get the most out of the tutoring experience.

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
Username: Bartman101
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Bartman101
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1 (until the clocks go back 1 hour in a couple of weeks, then GMT). 5-8pm on weekdays, bar Tuesdays, 2-9pm on weekends.
Tell us a little about yourself: Yes, I am actually applying for this... I'm Bartman101, read my signature and there you go.

Jokes, I've been into Pokemon for 2-and-a-half years and battling competitively for almost 2 years. I can reach the top #350 with someone else's team, but my teams always suck, plus I'd like some help with general battling skills+predictions/whatever. Outside of Pokemon, I'm in the last year of high school, currently looking at what A-Levels to take at college. I'm a die hard Bolton Wanderers fan and I also like to play football every now and again.

I'd also be fine with an tutor of any nationality.

Username: Limianic
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Limi; Limianic; Anic (although I pretty much only use the first name)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1 (winter); GMT+2 (summer); between about 3PM to 9PM (varies, longer on weekends)
What tier do you want to learn?: pretty much any tier is good for me, at the moment I'd especially like UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 17-year-old 12th-grader fromm Germany who wants to futher delve into the art of competitive Pokemon!

I mainly play RU at the moment, although I have OU and some UU experience. The main reason why I want to be tutored is because I suck at teambuilding, but I also want to improve at making decisions in-battle.

Why should I be tutored? Well, for one, I am motivated, learn pretty quickly and am pretty easy to get along with. Also, I have a fairly broad interest in metagames (you could possibly engage me in any meta from Ubers to LC!) and could also help writing analyses and stuff like that.
I am currently pretty excited for the upcoming NU metagame, and I'd like to help out there especially if someone can teach me the basics (teambuilding and decision-making).

I also have some experience, so I don't suck too bad. No really, I am not a hopeless case and you could possibly get a lot out of me. As I said, teambuilding is my biggest weakness and if that could be redeemed, you might have a proficient battler on your hands! ;D

Also, I didn't get a tutor last round.

Username: PokeKid5
Pokemon Online Username: PokeKid5
Timezone: GMT-4, EDT, 4:00 PM-6:00 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC 2012, BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am in college and I love paintball and pokemon. I love pizza.

I didn't get tutored last round.

Username: pedrokabu
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: pedrokabu (PO only)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-3 (with Daylight Saving Time starting this Saturday); 14:00 to 24:00.
What tier do you want to learn?: as many tiers as possible, including Smogon tiers (OU, UU, RU, NU, Uber), Nintendo tiers (GBU, VGC, etc.), singles, doubles, triples and rotation, etc.; tiers from as many generations as possible, but mainly 5th Gen tiers.

Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 22-years old brazilian guy, bachelor in Physics, and very interested in science, games, roleplaying games (one of my favorites is Mage: the Ascension, from the old World of Darkness, from White Wolf), and, of course, main series Pokémon games.

I started with Pokémon very soon, playing since the first generation. However, I only get interested in the competitive scenario recently, and I want to raise several of the skills required to improve in this area, like team building, patiente for the right predictions, etc. Additionaly, I have interest not only in BW OU, but in several other tiers, from various generations.

reposting from last round

Username
: Saint Ashes
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Ashesx
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: +12 GMT, but pretty flexible with times. Usually on from 12pm-2am
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 26 year old woman aspiring to be an animator, I'm currently working a contract from home so I'm pretty available through out the day and night to play. I'm a keen gamer and have played L4D2 competetively for over a year now, I enjoy a higher level of competition in my games. I'm quite a relaxed person most of the time while gaming, even though I enjoy competetive play I still play to have fun. Maybe I'm a masochist but I do enjoy getting my ass kicked by people better than me at a game!
My experience in the pokemon world dates back to RYB, and I've played every game on console up to BW, which I haven't taken the time to play yet. I started battling competetively during the end of the DPP era, and I took a break shortly after BW was introduced, I decided to take a break while the metagame settled down and until things like Inconsistant (or whatever it's real name is now, moody?) were removed. I still struggle with team building in this gen as I hardly know the new pokemon. Whenever I make a team it ends up looking like a DPP team because I haven't been able to shake that mindset yet. Hoping a tutoring session could help me out!

Username: Red Machine
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Morning Sunn
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST
Tell us a little about yourself: Im 14 and a freshman in High School, and taking many AP classes, enjoy playing baseball, basketball and ultimate frisbee, and really hope to get tutored so I can become a better battler :)

I would prefer to be tutored by Stone_Cold as a friend EpicEevee referred me, but O will accept any kind of tutor :D. I didnt get tutored last round :)

Dang, went to bed, just woke up, and might have missed it....

Username: Jayde
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Jayde
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5. Almost any arranged time on weekends (bar Friday and Saturday nights) but limited time weekdays. Right after school usually works, and I’ll be on longer Mondays and Wednesdays
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a 9th grader, and I play lacrosse and basketball for school. I want to learn battle strategy and team building. By strategy I don’t really mean predictions, but long-term match thinking, like thinking ahead and forming plans inside your head (knowing which pokemon to play conservatively with, which to sac in tight spots, etc).*I’m pretty serious about getting better, even though I’m not really a serious guy in general. Want to be able to ball at pokemon like I ball at everything else haha

as far as I know, Ojama agreed to tutor me unless stuff changed, so requesting him =) never been tutored before.

Username: Dr. Eyepatch
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Speedwagon (May have to doublecheck)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central Standard Time; usually any time after 9pm works best for me.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, mostly
Tell us a little about yourself: Well... I have known about the competitive pokemon battling scene for quite some time, but only started to get involved in it during the middle of 4th Gen's D/P. I like to think I have a creative outlook on things and enjoy making teams/strategies that I believe would be fun to me (the one in my signature is probably my most successful; I will respond to the posts in it soon, promise), but I am certainly not above taking advice and constructive criticism on how to become a much better battler (which is the type of guideance I probably need). I have applied four times for a tutor (making this my fifth time >~>; ), but I always seem to just miss out (if there is anything I am doing that is the particular reason for this, someone please let me know).

Any other questions or things you would like to know about me, feel free to ask or let me know. ^ ^

Username: Trollmonchan
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Uername: Winsauce, Forever Alone
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, Weekdays: 4PM-12AM, Weekends: All day
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, DPP OU, BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 14 year old kid from Ireland. I'm in high school and I suck at Pokemon.

Didn't get a tutor last round and such. Damn it, I'm too late again. Curse my timezone.

San_Pellegrino

the eternal dreamer
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Username: San_Pellegrino
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: SP
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -6 weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU, RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I don't have to do this if I'm over 25 posts right?

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Assigned to Iconic

Username:
Jirachi
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Jirachi., Jirachee
Timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, weekends, most nights from 7 PM to 10 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I like Tyranitar. DPP is still the best.

I posted last round and didn't get a tutor. I also asked Eternal and he agreed to tutor me, but he's apparently gone for two months 9.9

Username:ITSU
PokemonOnline/Shoddy Username: ITSU, ITSYOU, Pandorumdrum
Your time zone and normal hours of activity: EST. On weekends I can be on at any time. On weekdays I'll probably be on after 6:00 PM
What Tier do you wan to learn: BW OU, BW LC, BW UU
Tell us a little bit about yourself: Im a freshman that's on the wrestling team at my highschool. I also am a professional yoyoer.

I didn't get a tutor last time, so i'll just copy and paste what I put in the round 54 thread:
Username: Browners
Pokemon Online Username: Browners
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:5pm-11pm GMT
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU and UU. I'm also interested in RU/Ubers, but OU/UU takes priority. Not interested in other generations.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an intermediate battler who has a reasonable knowledge of the Metagame, and I play on PO but not Shoddy. I don't consider myself to be a "arceus among men" at this game, but i feel that my knowledge exceeds that of a beginner. In short, I've got the basic concepts down, I just need to improve to become an advanced player. My main strength is teambuilding, and it is on the battlefield with predictions etc. where I really struggle. I would love it if someone could help me improve.

Assigned to EspyJoel

Reposting from last round:

Username:Vulgo
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:VulgoElinaldo (on PO) / Vulgo (on Smogon)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:7~11PM GMT -3 (Brazil)
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU, BW OU, BW UU, BW RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 24 years old systems analyst who plays pokemon competitively since last year, i'm kinda used to the DPP OU metagame, but i still think i could learn some more, and i'm having a little trouble to adapt to the current metagame.

coR.

Banned deucer.
Assigned to TEzeon

Username: ~GreenCore
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: -GreenCore- 'xCore and others ~
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GTM -6, usually after the 19:00
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a mexican player, i usually use offensive teams, so i know how to stall, i have problems to do my teams, i prefer a person who can speak spanish, it would be better for me, thanks.

REPOSTING FROM PAST ROUND

Username: TheMexican
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: [Drac]TheMaster
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -7, mostly after 6pm and free until 9:30
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU, mostly OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Im a teenager mexican who started plasying competitive pokemon about 9 months now. When I started I didnt even know this forums existed and I wanna have this opportunity to learn more about competitive battleing and adapt to this new metagame.
Mostly what i want to learn is in my in battle predictions and both in short and long term, since I'm not so bad at team building.

Username Victini
Age 15
Pokemon Online/ Shoddy Username: .Rainbow Dash-
Your timezone and usual hours of availability timezone -6 monday- friday to 3.30 pm to 11 pm and weekends 8am to 12 am
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I like ponys and BW UU is the best.

Username: Grimmlawke

Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Grimmlawke

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-7(Pacific) 3:30-12Weekday, 12am-12am Weekend, Pretty available all the time, I don't do much.

What tier do you want to learn?: Any and all

Tell us a little about yourself: I spend a lot of my time playing games, pretty much all of my free time, all sorts of them and I've been playing Pokemon since Red/Blue on my GBC, other than that I'm a little timid about face to face interaction with people, realizing this makes me feel like a hermit. and yeah, I'm a pretty simple person with a severe case of arachnophobia. And eh, yeah.

Under 25 post explanation: Recently some of my friends have been battling after school and I'd like to be actually to compete with them at any level, which sprung me to want to know much about this game, so I've done research and tried to learn it effectively myself, but apparently I'm quite predictable and I'm not really sure what to predict when dealing with a lot of Pokes. So it would be cool to learn some of these things and learn what to expect and learn strategies to be a little less predictable.

Username: pkmner
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: TerraTheTester
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4, any time after 4pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been using Sand for a while, but I've recently been using Rain.

Also, Zephyr said he'd tutor me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)