Apprentice Program: Round Sixty Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Welcome to round 68 of Battling 101. If you were tutored last round, make sure you send in you tutor evaluations. Our tutors dedicate a lot of time to this program and the evaluations help us assess their contributions. If you are seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Fill out the information below to be assigned a tutor.

Username:
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:

To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what my application would look like:

Username: Kevin Garrett
Shoddy Username: Kevin Garrett
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 4:00PM-2:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am the reason luvdiscs were implemented on Smogon. Aside from that, I deleted all of my posts because they were all terrible. I really want to learn how to play Pokemon the right way because I have struggled with it for so long and put in a lot of time to get better, but can't improve at all.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, Pokémon Showdown or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: In addition, after your time of tutoring, please take the time to fill in the evaluation form and send it to the entire tutoring staff. This helps us on so many levels! All tutees from previous rounds are expected to submit evaluations of their tutors as well.

One more thing: If you were skipped in the round before this one, make a note somewhere in your sign-up post that this was the case. It makes it easier for us when we do the pairings.

Username: WDFAmatt
Pokemon Online/Showdown Username: NO FEAR / WDFAmatt
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +0 - 4pm-11pm weekdays, 11am-midnight weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I live in Britain and I've been playing pokes for over a year. I have signed up loads of times before, but I only got tutored for DPP OU and ADV OU. I got 2 BW OU tutors in the past, but they were both busy and taught me nothing. I would like to improve my teambuilding skills and I would like to expand my knowledge of the metagame. If I get assigned a tutor this round, I won't sign up the next round.

idiotfrommars agreed to tutor me.

Skipped last 3 rounds.

Username:Bedlington
Pokemon Showdown Username: Bedlington
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - 5:00 (EST); Afternoons 3:30pm -11:00pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thurday, and Friday, very flexible on weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 17 year old guy who has loved pokemon for most of his life. I live in New York and I would love to be tutored in order to become a better battler and member of the Smogon community.

I was skipped in round 67. I don't if it matters, but I was also skipped in rounds 57, 58, and 62.

Username: Ace Attorney
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Ace Attorney/Waveshine
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: (EST) 4pm-12pm and the weekend usually anyime.
Tell us a little about yourself: So yeah, I want to try to get back into pokemon, school was pretty rough so I took a break but now Im back. Pretty much need to learn teambuilding.. Hopefully this time my tutor actually tutors me, my older tutors never really got on that much but it wasn't their fauilt. Other then that, some dude from Canada that likes video games, mangas/anime, breakdancing.. Oh and I play Super Smash Bros Melee competitively.

yee has agreed to tutor me

Username: NahimC
Pokemon Online Username: NahimC
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT-5) 4-9 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: Im not the best/worst battler but I think I'm better then average and I want to step it up to the next level with the amazing battlers of smogon. I like to hang out with my friends, destroy noobs on COD, play soccer and football, and weight lift XD Thank you kind sir :D

Btw I've been trying to sign up for the past 4-5 rounds but I never knew the time it would start so I have never got a chance. But this time I saw the battling 101 schedual so *face palm*

Username: Shouting
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Shouting
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST ( GMT -4 (-5? Daylight savings ) Weekends: 10am-4pm Weekdays: 6pm-10pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 LC
Tell us a little about yourself: Usually I like playing NU and RU, as I like the less populated tiers because creativity can thrive. I tend to get by learning the tier by myself, through trial and error, but LC seems a bit different because it's rules etc. are unusual compared to OU, UU, etc. I've never signed up before so I figured why not? I could learn a new tier and be a better player in the long run. I'm pretty easy going and easy to get along with, I've been playing since early D/P/Pt.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Username: LucaroarkZ
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: LucaroarkZ
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8. Availability varies depending on the day; Available all day on weekends, from 7 PM - 9 PM on Monday-Thursday, and from 3 PM - 10 PM on Friday.
What tier do you want to learn?: GSC OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm some 17 year old dude from San Diego. I've had little trouble with metagames like BW2 OU and DPP OU, but no matter how many times I try GSC OU, I'm still bad at it. I'd like to become better at it because Gold/Silver/Crystal are some of my favorite Pokemon games.

Username: The Wolf
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: wolfzero
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 8pm-12am M-Thursday. Friday + weekend, usually anytime.
What tier do you want to learn?: Pokemon
Tell us a little about yourself: Basically, I just want to be versatile in any metagame, and perform consistently well. I want to be able to create custom ev spreads and build cool teams. Also, I'd like to be more confident when it comes to predicting. I'm in my second year of college, and I've been playing Pokemon competitively since 2008.

Username: buddhism
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: WynautItSheet
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8 1PM - 10PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I live in Singapore and I have been playing Pokemon since DPP. Only recently did I find out about competitive battling and it caught my attention. Since then, I read up more about this and found out about Smogon and the Apprentice Program.

Why I should be tutored when I have less than 25 posts: I have just gotten into competitive battling and I really love it. I would love to learn more about it and improve my battling skills. With all the skills I learn, I might be able to build my own team, help other new battlers in the future and be more active in the metagames and RMT forums.

Dark Fallen Angel

FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!
Username: Dark Fallen Angel
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: CutieBoyDarkAngel
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -3:00 (EST) Brasília; I am here usually from 11:00 am (11:00) to 2:00 am (2:00) avaliable all days. You are guaranteed to see me after 1:00 pm (13:00).
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU (and also BW2 Ubers if possible, but if not, I prefer to only be tutored at BW2 OU)
Tell us a little about yourself: I am an average Pokémon player, that suffers from "six-teamslot syndrome", I also want to improve my skills, I am terrible at prediction. I actually have serious problems battling with extremely good people, and I need some advices to build my team. Despite being an active Smogon user, the truth is that I am not good compared to most other active users.

I was skipped in round 67, and despite not being skipped in round 66, my tutor never appeared. Please, don't skip me again...

Username: ShowMeTheMankey
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: ShowMeTheMankey (I've only used PO before but I can go on PS if needed to)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, 3pm-12pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU or BW2 LC
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I've been interested in competitive pokemon for about 8 months now and I'm looking to be able to play tiers other than OU and RU. Also looking to improve all round (team building and stuff, yeah).

Less than 25 posts: Fairly new to smogon forums and tend to lurk more than post.

Username: Jayde
Pokemon Online username: Jayde
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, weekday nights and random hours weekends, usually not at night tho
Tell us a little about yourself: I had a short stint in BW OU in 2011 before I quit to play some MK7. I'm back now that the game is pretty much dead and want to get back into BW2. I guess I'm an ok-ish battler already, but I need help with teambuilding. I'm a koala.

PDC agreed to tutor me, skipped last time yo

Username: Turtle Soup
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown:Turtle Soup
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 Monday to Thursday 1:00PM-1:00AM, Friday to Sunday 10:00AM-1:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon since 1st gen. I've done some battle at the start of BW1 and I've really gotten in to it again now. I'm always a very competitive player in other games as well. My goal is to reach a level that I can climb to the top of the ladder and I would really appreciate some help kickstarting that. My greatest weakness currently in my opinion is team building because my understanding of the current metagame is lacking.

FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: I've been lurking these forums from time to time for the last couple of years. It's generally what I do, I like to get to know what the forum is like before I start posting and to be honest it always feels awkward at first, kinda like being the guy at the party who doesn't know anyone. I was actually quite surprised, I didn't except this high quality from a forum focused on pokemon, it's much more sophisticated than most forums I've frequented before and I would gladly join this community.

Username: thatgirl
Pokemon Showdown! Username: hey there
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 4:00PM-11:00PM, sometimes a bit later on into the night.
Tell us a little about yourself: I played BW2 OU when the metagame was new, but stopped playing when the ladder reset. I mostly play random battles now, but I'd like to get back into OU. I've been wanting to sign up for 101 for a while but I always miss the sign up date =P. I consider myself a decent player with decent knowledge of the metagame. I lurk a lot.

RisingPokeStar

Username: RisingPokeStar
Pokemon Showdown Username: RisingPokeStar
Your Timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6 (CST) 6:00pm-9:30pm Mon-Thur, 4:00pm-10:00pm Friday, usually 2:00pm-10:00pm on weekends.
Tell us alittle about yourself: I have been playing Pokemon for over a decade, and I live in Minnesota. I love to songwrite, sing, and draw.
Less than 25 posts: I should be tutored because I know the basics, but it's just the teambuilding and synergy that always confuses me, and I'm quick to learn usually. I look a lot at the forums, so I know the laydown of Pokemon.

DTC agreed to tutor me.

Username: Kevin Garrett
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown Username: ToSGod
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 8:00PM-12:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU/VGC '13
Tell us a little about yourself: I started playing Pokemon in R/B/Y days and have stayed vigilant since then, playing the games when they come out. In the early days of BW I started playing competitive but was trounced easily and early. Saddened I quit for a little. But with the release of BW2 and some training I want to come back and be a part of the community. I prefer to play on the actual cartridge but I would be willing to play on Showdown.

Under 25 posts:
I feel that with my lack of knowledge of competitive poke's I don't think my input would contribute much to the overall community. With some tutoring I believe I can climb the ranks, join a clan, and be a valuable member of this forum.

Username: citro
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: citro
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, 4:00PM-2:00AM
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 14 and from London, England. I'm not really new to competitive battling, but I lurked for quite a while before making an account here lol. I can teambuild and battle okay, but I would describe myself as a mediocre player at best. NU is one of my favorite tiers to play and I'd love to get better at it. I have a low postcount, but I'm usually active on IRC.

Username: Fire R A G E
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Azeem
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central US Time; today, I have a basketball tournament, so I will be available after 7PM
What tier do you want to learn?: OU, and maybe UU later on
Tell us a little about yourself: I was born in Queens NY. I competitive battled back in 2008 when DPPt was the main thing. I quit in 2009 for senior yr and college. Now, that I'm in my last year of college, I have time to Pokemon battle, so I decided to get back into competitive battling and try out 5th gen.

< 25 Posts: I should be tutored because I am very new and I don't know how to cover weaknesses and cover threats. I don't post because I think I'd just mess up. I don't know enough of the metagame to help out, so I don't.

Deluks917

Ride on Shooting Star
Username: Deluks917
Pokemon Online/Showdown: Deluks917
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, Available basically anytime except mon/wednesday
Tell us a little about yourself: 21 years old. I study/tutor mathematics. I like to talk about basically anything.

Under 25: I used to play pokemon pretty frequently on netbattle and somewhat often on shoddy. I was never really any better than average. Since then I think I have a more mature and profttable attitude to gaming in general. I have had some pretty good successes in other games (especially David Sirlin's game yomi where I am one of the best players in an admittedly very small community). I think the main reason I never really improved at pokemon was that I would just repeatedly play the same teams over and over again instead of trying new things. For example in adv I mostly just jammed similar curselax teams. I have only been back to pokemon for a rather short time but I think I have shown some potential getting a team to over top50 on the ladder before dropping. I think that I would really benefit from the different perspectives and feedback offered by tutoring. I would really like to see if I can have success in pokemon despite failing when I was younger.

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: FireMage
Pokemon Showdown: FireMage
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Pretty much Anytime. 10am -10:30pm gmt
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been around smogon, learning the NU metagame, and whist that's awesome, I feel it's time to attempt to learn a new metagame which invokes useage of some of my favourite pokémon. I've got a broad range of interests so if the tutor gets dis-interested we can jam on Steam or something.

blarajan has agreed to tutor me

Username: Mylo Xyloto
Pokemon Showdown: Chalk Outline, MyloXyloto
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+2. I'm mostly active on weekends, between 11:00-18:00
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU & BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well i started playing competitive pokemon in June 2011. I love music. (coldplay fan).

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Username: Don Honchkrorleone
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Patropi on PO / Dr. Chapatín or Ron Damón or Gajo or WaruMonzaemon on Showdown, depending on the team I'm using.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -3 Monday to Friday 2 PM - 5 PM (Except Tuesday) and 11 PM - 5 AM, all day Saturday and Sunday bar morning.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm from Brazil, from the awful beautiful state of Rio de Janeiro. I play since ADV, I peaked 1st (smogon) and 9th (PO server) in Monotype Ladder wih an Ice team, peaked 4th in Showdown NU using Mawile and Beartic (highest) and also top 20 in NU using Carvanha (19th), Krokorok (5th), Shelgon (19th), Lopunny (4th), etc. I hate standard stuff and I'm always up to use the trash Pokemon (Not Garbodor, he's good in NU now -_______-). I played the first round of RU and peaked 7-12th, but I had to stop due to school. When I came back, RU had 3 of my pokemon moved (Blastoise, Gligar and Honchkrow) and I decided to quit. I want to play it again, but I have no clue from where to start. I like Pokemon, Yugioh, Digimon, Pawn Stars, card games mainly Sueca and Maumau. I speak 8 languages, I study History at an extremely well-known university here and I love to draw, write,listen to Rock and Samba and translate.

Username: drakon136
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: drakon136
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-7, no specific times
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been a fan of the series since 3rd gen, and first got into competitive battling sometime in February of this year, although I've been a member of Smogon since 2011. I enjoy most tiers, but my favorite would be DW OU (rip). I was tutored in BW2 NU in round sixty-six.

Username: Paolo
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Paolo-Ladder, Paolo-ALT etc
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST After 5PM everyday and all day Weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am from British Columbia, Canada and use most of my free time to play competitive Pokemon. I have peaked in the top 50 several times but I still think I need a lot of work. lately I have been playing with a semi successful stall team and have broken onto the ladder a couple times, but could really use a defensive minded tutor to bring me to the next level, (ironic because most of my successful teams are variants of Rain Offense.) I also am a huge fan of Basketball and my favourite team is Oklahoma City Thunder.

Username: zukai
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: zukai
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1 4pm-8pm
Tell us a little about yourself:
I'm a keen tennis player, i enjoy physics at school, I was born in england but my family moved to spain last year.

less than 25 posts: I lurked around here and PO for a couple of months so i'm hopefully not a complete idiot , I made an account today and i know all the rules and stuff, so I wont be an arse to work with, hopefully.

BKC has agreed to tutor me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)