Apprentice Program: Round Sixty Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb aaron judge

ALL RISE
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Username: CBTerrakion
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: CBTerrakion
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4 3:30pm-10:30pm (weekdays) 10:00am-1:00 am (weekends)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a huge fan of the New York Yankees baseball team and have halfops on the IRC channel #trivia due to being a highly intelligent individual. My NU play has been decent, but I feel as if I could do a bit better.

Username: WorthyYeti
Pokemon Showdown: WorthyYeti
Timezone and Availability: EST 3-6
Tier: Any, I think I would enjoy them equally
About me: I play trumpet and volleyball, really like Pokemon
Less than 25 posts: I have really no knowledge about the metagames and I feel like I would be an annoyance to any threads, I hope the Tutor system would help me become a member of the community.

Username: Milos
Shoddy Username: milos
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-3, weekdays 12am-4pm, weekends at any time
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college student living in Argentina. I've been playing competitive Pokemon since like 2008. Left after DPP and came back around the end of BW1. I've got a decent handle of the metagame but I'd like to better my overall skills as a player (prediction, teambuilding mostly). Hopefully I can get a cool tutor..

Username: El Rey
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: El Rey
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing for a little more than a year. My favorite sport is Soccer and yeah.
Under 25 posts: I've been pretty busy the last month with my grandfather dying so i haven't been playing much or on the computer.

Username: PryorConvictions
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: PC2, PryorConvictions
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6, 3 PM to 11 PM.
Tell us a little about yourself: I like offensive teams. Pokemon is a nice hobby that I enjoy next to sports and other trivial things. I hope I learn something from this.
<25 posts: When you're bad at Pokemon, you don't have much to post. Therefore, I don't have many posts, although I do get on this site everyday usually. I try to post when I can but that's just not possible when you want to look intelligent. I really want to become an active team rater.
Mostwanted agreed to tutor me.
skipped last round

Username: Brap
Pokemon Showdown Username: Brap usually, sometimes Brapper. I only have access to Showdown though, nothing else.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT. 6-8pm most weeknights.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm not very good at team building, average battler. Would like help in both. I like football a bit and a few other sports.

Username: LuciferGale
Pokemon Online Username: CatOnCaturday
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, 6:30PM-1:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I love pokemon since I was young (Who hasn't? And of course, in a site like this it's an obvious trait that everyone share), and I love strategy too. So yeah, when I learned about the real competitive side of pokemon I was really excited about it, and I gladly started to read all about this world. Using the handy Pokemon Online program I've assembled a team that was good enough and with pokemon that I liked... With not so good outcome. Not really bad, but either not good. The only thing that I've quickly learned was prediction, and the pleasure to mindfuck the enemy (I've also formed a volt/turn team just to try this as a subject for a party, but the first opponet have rapidly rage-quitted the match, bored about the prediction stuff). So, I think I have the capacity and not so bad ability, but what I really need is the base, something more about a very good team building, sinergy and so on. With that and the help of a tutor I think I could become a better player... And why not, start to share some strategy with a solid component behind, and not only based on "I think this idea should work, since it does in my head".)

If(post<25)
{
I know, I've only one post (was about a trade). But that is because I have nothing really valid to say... I mean, I could probably say something reasonable and that not sounds so idiotic, but not enough good to really makes response on teams or else. So, first I'll learn and become a better player, and then I'll give my opinion around the forum. And who knows, maybe I'll be able to give an hand to.
}

Username:lokt
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:lokt
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:gmt-8, 5-6 on weekdays, 1-3 or 6-8 on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?:bw2 ou, dppou if bw isn't available
Tell us a little about yourself:I have been lurking since bw came out, and i would like to improve my teambuilding skills, which I have been struggling with lately.
I was skipped round 64, and 66, and 67

Username: conjesture

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: contesture (Pokemon Showdown)

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: North America EST; available Monday to Friday between 5:30 PM and 9:00 PM; Saturday and Sunday between 7:00 AM and 9:00 PM

Tell us a little about yourself: I graduated with a BS in Finance about a year ago and I've been working a full-time job as a bank regulator since. It's a job I enjoy. I've been playing Pokemon since it burst into popular culture and stuck with it. Of course, like everyone else here, my interest in it has fluctuated over the years, but I've come to the realization that this game is deeply intertwined with my psyche and that I will likely be playing it for the rest of my days. And that makes me happy.

Why I should be tutored: Although I have a low post count, I have lurked Smogon for years. I consider myself an average Smogon battler. What I'm eager to learn here are skills that are applicable not just in a given tier, but in any metagame:

• How to read a team (during Team Preview) and identify the opponent's likely strategy, as well as how I should adjust in response
  • How to build a team that strikes a sustainable balance between risk and reward. Although I'm familar with the vernacular of team building (lead, wall, sweeper, etc.), I've never really built an original team. I usually find one I like in the Rate My Team board and use it.
  • Finally, how to successfully ladder. I can never break through the middle of the ranks. My hunch is that the metagame changes a little bit as you move up the ranks, with certain strategies becoming more effective (i.e. stall). However, this is just chit chat I've read on the boards and nothing I can verify for myself. So, to summarize, I would like to learn how to defeat the more highly-ranked opponents.
So yeah yeah yeah, conjesture, but why should you be chosen? Well, I suppose that most tutees are in more need than I am, but what I can say is this. I am reliable. I will show up on time and I will not miss any sessions. In addition, I want to become a contributor to this community, maybe even become a tutor someday. So if you tutor me, Smogon will likely gain a tutor and thus more tutees will receive training in the future.

One last thing I'd like to say. Even if I am not picked, I would like to thank all the tutors who participate in this program. Everyone's time is valuable, and the fact that you take time out of your schedule to help out another person improve is praiseworthy. So thank you.

Username: Bonsailolz
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Bonsailolz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 weekdays: 3PM-10PM/weekend: 8AM-midnight
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU/UU
Tell us a little about yourself:
I started to play pokemon when I was 8 years old. I grown fond of it really fast. Now I feel like it's time for me to improve as I think I have much to learn in the competitive play of pokemon. I'm far from being good, I feel I am below the average. That is exactly why I would love to be part of this tutor program.

Regarding the missing 25 posts: I have no access to my old account as I can't use my old email address. That is why I made this new account.

Username:victorhsr
Pokemon Online Username:[CP]victorhsr
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:on Saturdays and Sundays from 15:30 I am online-afternoon until 3:00 I am, on weekdays from 19:00 am online until 00:00 GMT (- 3.00)
What tier do you want to learn?:OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I love pokemon, but pokemon game so competitive to 2 months before I played on the nintendo gameboy DS advvenced in pokemon'm competitive with much difficulty, and I came here to see if I improve.

Less than 25 posts:a friend recommended me to battling 101, and I really want to participate the community.

Username: Skwayz
Pokemon Online Username: Skwayz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Sometime during the week, all week end. (gmt+1)
What tier do you want to learn?: Adv OU
Tell us a little about yourself: French student, like pokemon and video games in general. Play tennis and handball. Like hangin' out with friends and stuff like that.
Less than 25 posts: I'm trying to contribute more, but just can't find what to say most of the time.

I always wanted to learn about ADV OU, it was my fav gen and I really want to get better in that tier.

Username: Not Jacky
Pokemon Showdown: ban kingdra
Timezone and Availability: CST most of the day
Tier: UU
About me: I am a Pokemon fan, hax-hater, an open-minded person. I am a huge fan of any strategy game I can get my hands on (Fire Emblem and League of Legends to name a few) and have been playing competitively off-and-on since DP (mainly over wifi), although I haven't made a Smogon account until recently. I'm an average battler, although I tend to overpredict, but a terrible teambuilder. I create and scrap far too many teams a week.

Skipped in Round 63

Username: Tofu
Shoddy Username: Synn
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+11, unavailable mondays. 5:30pm-12am tues -thursday, friday-sunday 10am-1am
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU or BW2 LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I played a bit of competitive battling in Gen 4 and trying to get back into it now. Really enjoying 5th Gen but feel i need help, looking forward to learning and meeting some new people.

Skipped in round [url=http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4438758&postcount=20]67[/URL]

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: electrolyte
Pokemon Showdown Username: electrolyte
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4, 3-4:00 PM or 8-9:00 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: preferrably BW2 OU, however BW2 LC is also acceptable
Tell us a little about yourself:
so I like math, robotics, biology, and chocolate. I like theorymonning, and am a decent teambuilder, though I would like to improve my battling skills and knowledge of the OU metagame. I'm fluent in English and Chinese, and I know some spanish. I like music, mainly late 90's to early 00's music. I hate the way all the good bands are getting more and more pop every year. It's sad. I'm really in this to improve my 'writing' skills about pokemon, I'd like to be able to write analyses better as well as rate teams better.

I was skipped round 67.

Username: KingGerbus
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: KingGerbus
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST: Weekends 12:00 to just about whenever. Weekdays 3:15-9:00
What tier do you want to learn?: UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I started competitive battling a few months ago and haven't been able to get the hang of it. I am familiar with the rules.

Under 25 Posts:
I really want to get better at competitive battling. I just don't post a lot because I don't think I know enough about the competitive battling scene to comment/contribute

Username: Redtube
Pokemon Online/ Username: [CP] Redtube
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-3, no specific times
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a fan of the first series des generation, started playing pokemon online server makes one month in Brazil, have interrese my to improve skills in online pokemon
Why I do not have 25 posts: I do not have 25 posts, because I'm new to Pokemon online, and now that the site conehci would rather have more posts, more particularly want to be part of the community Smogon

Username: thebestofthemall
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: tbota
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST... 2 PM - 10 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I don't do much. I enjoy learning about the aspect of competitive pokemon though.
Why I don't have 25 posts: My activity on this website provides enough reasoning that I'll be active for the duration of a round. Additionally, I don't believe I need to make posts to be a good battler, so I only post when I need to.
Skipped last round
DTC agreed to tutor me

Username: doublenikesocks
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: doublenikesocks
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: pacific im available alot
Tell us a little about yourself: im cool and from california

skipped in rounds 63, 64, 66, 67

Username: kRunsOverU
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: kRunsOverU/krulesu
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +5:30 - most days in the afternoons and evenings. On Sundays only in the afternoon
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm really into pokemon and started this generation. I really need help in teambuilding especially.
Otherwise I'm into graphic design and tennis.

Less than 25 posts: I'm a lurker and many a times I'm not sure whether I can contribute to the current topic

I was skipped last round

dragonuser has agreed to tutor me.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Haruno
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Haruno
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 5-11 pm on weekdays (west coast) and various on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I live in California, am Asian. Currently double majoring in Sociology and Psychology. Love pokemon. The usual typical college stuff

Was skipped the last 3 rounds.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Username: Level 51
Age: 14.443531827515400410677618069815... (as of November 18th, 2012, the day this post was originally made)
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Level 51
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8; available 3am to 1pm GMT most days.
What tier do you want to learn?: Preferably BW2 UU, but I'd also love to learn BW2 OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I lack basic competency at any form of sports, and religiously avoid participating in soccer matches despite it being the most popular sport in my school. On the other hand, I greatly enjoy more academic pursuits such as writing overly bombastic essays and memorising (or memorizing, w/e) digits of pi until everyone thinks I'm making the numbers up.

Also I like Pokemon.

I was skipped over in Round 67 due to lack of a BW2 UU tutor.

Username: Joel
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: PO: "James Bondage" / PS: "Joel"
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, and evenings or late nights are best for me.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm probably a little too old to play Pokemon. I was a near amazing competitive battler in Gen 4 OU, and Gen 4 UU, but it was all wifi for me back then. In B/W, I focused more on the new Triple Battling style than Smogon tiers, and the Standard metagame passed me by too quickly for me to catch back up.

Was skipped in round 67, was tutored in round 66, was skipped in round 65.

Username: Marowakawaka
PO/PS/Shoddy - Sarger001(PO and PS)
Timezone and usual hours of availability- GMT+0 4pm-8:30pm
Weekends it is 1 pm to 9 pm
What tier do you want to learn? Any. BW2 OU, UU and RU are main tiers though.
Tell us a bit about you-

I played pokemon starting about 2 years ago and only got into competitive battling a year ago.Even though i started playing late i do still try to get some older games and have a good collection. I could never work out how to counter foes, and suck at teambuilding but have a few ideas for lower tiers. I enjoy golf and like relaxing ALOT.

25 POSTS
I am not posting because i feel weak. I cannot 'fit in' like this. I need tutoring to make me 'fit in' to the community because ATM, i do not.

Jimbon agreed to tutor me in PM

Username:MuzaaK
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: MuzaK/ Dr. Edward Richtofen (pokèmon Online) Engy (pokèmon Showdown)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 From 8pm to 11pm (except for Saturdays)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an old date pokèmon player, but I played competitively since DPPt, I've stopped in 2010, so I missed the 5 gen in this years and I've restarted play seriously in September, I've a bit of knowledge in LC and VGC but I want to be better in Wifi OU ^^
Less than 25 posts: I'm bit unskilled and in this forum I was unactive because of that. But I want to be more active in this forum and learn a lot of things. C:
Skipped in round 67.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)