Apprentice Program: Round Sixty Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Mallec
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Mallec
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7:00 all day for a few weeks, then things will vary.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: My first ever Pokémon game was Yellow version. I had two Pokémon: A Pikachu trained to the point where it wouldn't obey me, and a Primeape trained to the same extent. I don't think I ever made it past Misty. I've come a long way since then, but I'd sure like to go further. I've played every version since Yellow, and gotten progressively better each time it wasn't until Gen IV that I learned how competitive Pokémon actually was. I'd never battled anybody outside of friends and family. Got White version a few days ago and I'm ready to learn as much as I can.

Under 25 Posts Explanation: I've just barely discovered Smogon forums, I'd like to give back after I've been tutored.
Man that seems cheesy.

Username: Kaxtar
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Kaxtar
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT -5, maybe -4 b/c daylight savings, who the hell actually knows), Literally all day for the rest of summer, primarily 4-12 PM are my most active hours
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU, BW RU or BW OU if time allows
Tell us a little about yourself: Hello, some of you might know me or remember the name. I've been on Smogon almost 4 (wow) years now, and have been all over the site. I started in CAP, moved strictly to DPP OU and Tourneys, dabbled in CC, post occasionally in A Forum, play a little Mafia, am a higher-up in CAP ASB, go on IRC a ton, etc. I really want to get into the 5th Gen scene, and a tutor should be able to bring me up to speed quickly. I will be an easy-to-work-with tutee, given my loads of competitive and Smogon experience and flexible schedule, not to mention I know many of the tutors either personally or by reputation.
For the human side of things, I'm a fairly standard 15 year old from Michigan with good grades and some big dreams. Aside from Pokemon, I have a ton of other interests including the MLB, JRPGs, piano, some music, a little soccer/football, forensics, current events and the dreaded politics. If all else fails, I can always gossip about pttp (I think he's ballabrown24 now?), whom I know fairly well irl.

blunder

the bobby fischer of pokemon
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 25 Championis a defending SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Username: Thunderblunder
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Thunderblunder, Thunderblunder-Test
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST 4PM-6PM on Weekdays, 11 AM-3PM Weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU preferably or BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Just another 15 year old kid, play Tennis and Basketball. Loved BW1 OU so seeing as BW2 is a whole new environment I wanted to try it out and gradually get better in it.

Could I request BKC?

Username: Thursday
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: scheisskopf
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 3:00 PM - 4:30 AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU - alternatively, BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I started playing competitively during the Netbattle era and since then have played mons intermittently. I can do some basic stuff, but I always have difficulty adjusting to a new metagame. I have a lot of difficulties with prediction and team building, I suppose. I have a decent sense of humor (I hope) and I used to play basketball, soccer, and golf.

Username: Threadstrong
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Haven't made one yet, but I'll go with the name Threadstrong.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (EST). I'm usually around any time after 2 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: Preferably BW OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a nineteen year old university student with way too much time on his hands. I've played pokemon since the early days of R/B/Y, but haven't looked into the competitive side until recently. I have a job, so I'm not available around the clock, but I work part-time due to schooling.
Under 25 Posts Explanation: I've been lurking for a bit now. As said prior, I've played pokemon since R/B/Y, and I wouldn't mind trying out the competitive scene after all these years. I plan to remain active throughout the community afterwards.

Username: Owlfred
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Owlfred

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8 (Or whatever PST is). I'm usually available from 8:00 PM - 6:00AM, but any other time will be good. I can easily change my schedule.

What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU. If not, then BW/BW2 Ubers. If not that, then learning how to troll on wifi would be nice.

Tell us a little about yourself: I originally joined this site to learn about doubles battling. Since the VGC season is almost over and I have plenty of time to do other things, I decided to give learning singles battling a shot. I pretty much have no idea what I'm doing so am signing up so I don't make more of a fool of myself.

Why I have less than 25 posts: I'm usually on IRC and have very little interest posting on the forums, so make posts very sporadically.

MCBarrett

i love it when you call me big hoppa
Username: MCBarrett
PO/PS! Username: MCBarrett

Timezone: GMT-5 (EST) normally available anytime after 2 pm

What tier do you want to learn? the focus would be for bw2 ou but I'm interested in all tiers and anything like team building that can be used in all tiers would be greatly appreciated.

Tell us a little about yourself: I've recently gotten into competitive battling and am looking to improve my battling/ team building skills. Also my interests include sports, mainly basketball, I'm a big south park fan and obviously have a love for Pokemon as well.

Username: Rackham
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Rackham
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1; 4PM-2AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitively for a while although feel I can improve further; however, I need a bit of help. Particularly interested in improving teambuilding skills. My other interests include football (soccer) and english literature.

Username: CAPS alt
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: CAPS, CAPS at respectively
Your time zone and usual hours of availability: GMT+3 5:30pm to 7:30pm
What tier do you want to learn? : BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m just an average person who is having summer holidays. I don’t battle very well and thus want to improve. Hope my odd time zone doesn’t stop me from getting a tutor. I’m in 8th grade.
Why I should be tutored: I couldn’t make a lot of posts since I don’t battle very well and so get nervous to make posts. I could becoming a contributing member of the community once I get the basics right, I also learn very quickly.
I missed round 59 due to the sign-ups starting when there was midnight where I stay and by the time I woke up it was closed.

Skipped in round 62

Username: Xelacalle
Pokemon Showdown: Xelacalle
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, and available hours can vary, on weekends especially. Times when I will definitely not be disturbed are 12am-4am on Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri. Aside from that, 4pm Onwards on the same days (except Friday) are usually fine, but I may have to go afk with little notice to avoid arguments. Voice chat is sometimes fine but not always possible.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW/BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been battling on Showdown quite a lot for about a month now. I've played in various (standard) tiers and have got the hand of NU and RU, and am working on understanding UU better, but OU remains a tier I have trouble with. I recently got myself an Action Replay, and have been wifi battling a little but still feel like I have a ways to go, especially in OU. To go more into me, I am an 18yo English Guy who has just finished Sixth Form at school, and am hoping to study Physics at uni next year (as such, I may be less available later this month). I pretty much like gaming, reading, (a little) anime and Warhammer Fantasy/40K, and those are what I spend most of my time doing when I'm not on Showdown, here, or doing random stuff around the house.

As to why I should be considered despite having less than 25 posts, I am fairly new to the forums but I have been asking for and giving advice in the RMT forums as well as trying to participate in discussion elsewhere. I don't think I am going to stop posting any time soon, but my favourite forums are the RMT ones and, as most of the teams are OU, I don't feel experienced enough to offer much advice there and the rules suggest limiting oneself on the number of teams they post so... yeah. I hope for the lack of experience to change and I believe that being tutored may be just the thing to give me the knowledge I need to participate more in discussions of the metagame as well as perhaps even giving advice :)

Username:Lolpe
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:lolpe
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: UTC/GMT +2 hours,Available Monday-Friday from 11:00 p.m to 4:00 a.m. and Saturday all day,Sunday unavailable.
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I am an average teenager who is about to graduate from highschool.I love playing Pokemon and my first Pokemon game was Pokemon Leaf Green.Other hobbies include playing video games (mainly RPGs) and hanging out with friends.I signed up as a tutee for the tutoring program because I want to improve my skills.

Username: kittenmay
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: kittenmay
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST any time after 7, usually. Except on Friday nights/ Saturdays
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm really interested in learning how to play competitive. I've been RNG'ing for several years now, pretty casually.

Been accepted by Jirachi

Edit #2: Sorry, Alice converted me to her side :x

Username: Different

Pokemon Online Username: ISCdifferent

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT (-6), usually about 9:30 onwards.

What tier do you want to learn?: OU

Tell us a little about yourself/Under 25 posts: I've been playing competetive MMO's for about 3 years now, transitioning from school into full time work. I don't really have the time to work and keep up with the MMO grind, so i moved onto a game i could pick up and play. I started playing Pokemon casually in the GSC era, and dabbled in competitive battles during DPP, but now I'm here to stay for awhile. I understand the basics of the game, but i struggle with prediction and making educated switches.

I have skype/other VOIPs

Username: doublenikesocks
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: doublenikesocks
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: pst +8 10am-8pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU BW2 Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: The reason I should be accepted as a tutee.. is because I want to learn. I will work with my tutor and not be resistant. I will try their ideas. I will listen closely and treat them with respect. I just joined and am looking forward to becoming a better battler. I got to 1690 on the PS ladder nut then my ratings just dropped. I also only can use PS atm. If possible I would prefer PDC as my tutor

Username: Karokan
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Karokan
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central, more or less available every day and time except Tuesday evenings.
What tier do you want to learn?: I have no strong preference as to tier.
Tell us a little about yourself (also Under 25 Posts explanation): I've been playing Pokemon since Red version, which of course I got because it had a dragon on it. I loved dragons, picked Charmander never understanding that it was hard mode Pokemon, and been addicted ever since. Unfortunately I never really had anyone to play with when I was little, and Pokemon is so much more fun when you have people to play with.

A friend I play another game with - Rayuaz from Haven and Hearth - recommended me to these forums when I expressed interest in learning more about competitive battling. For the most part I am clueless, having only done single player things. Of course I understand type advantages and disadvantages, PP, et cetera - but when you get into EVO, Natures, the potential of Held items and heaven forbid breeding and teammaking? I'm an utter novice.

I'm a bit older than most people you find playing Pokemon; and I'm a girl. Don't let either of these things put you off, I sure don't plan on letting them hold me back.

I have no strong preference for Tier as there's only one Pokemon I've fallen in love with (due to his moveset potential and the fact I could never beat him on Pokemon Stadium) and one Pokemon does not a team make. That.. and honestly I could not name six Pokemon within the same tier without consulting forums unless you counted "unevolved."

I catch on quick, I have Skype. I'd love the opportunity to be shown the ropes; I just joined and it seems silly to start posting things without first knowing what on earth I'm doing.

Username: llvallejoll
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: VallejoMC
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 4Pm-10Pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, BW2 UU, BW2 RU and BW2 Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I'm from Colombia, I play Pokemon for about 10 years, only 2 years competitively, I started with ADV and I'm good, or I think so ^^ Now I would like to learn more about BW generation, meet new players and raise my competitive level a little more.

Username: RenegadeKingShawn
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: RenegadeKingShawn
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6 / 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing nothing but Ubers for the past 3 months, and now I want to get back into the standard metagame.

Username: Zammux
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Zammux
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST from 4-8pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've always been interested in pokemon since I first played Red and Blue and have played most all of the games since, but have only recently become interested in the competitive scene, and wish to get into and improve my competitive battling.

Username:TyDanitar
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Tydanitar
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST from 5pm-9pm
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I am just starting up on pokemon battling wifi battling after i have been into it for a little while. I have been playing since firered and have just started to get into competetives. also I want to be able to post wifi battles on my youtube channel where i am doing LPs.

Reason why i should be tutored: I have been on smogon all the time just looking through the strategy dex and i really want to get into actually battling so i can be a part of the smogon community

Username: themostsuperjew
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: themostsuperjew
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 11:30 am - 10:30 pm EST (UTC-5)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself:Since I got my first Pokemon game I have been addicted to Pokemon. I learned about competitive battling during late fourth gen, and really didn't start battling until fifth gen. I have been relying on Smogon for move-sets and Pokemon choice ideas, but I have always struggled when it comes to team building. Why I really want to be tutored is to be the best I can be. Competitive battling and Pokemon in general has been a sort of "skill" for me and I'm the best when it comes to my group of friends. But I want to be better, I want to be considered good even when in the midst of other competitive battlers. So I am willing to learn (and would have fun doing it) if given the chance to be tutored.

Username: Bigblue
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Bigblue/Bigblu3_12
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 8am-4pm weekdays, varying weekend times(Before school starts in September). 8-11pm weekdays, varying weekend times(After school starts in September).
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hello everyone I am Bigblue, I have been playing pokemon since I was a child and until about a year and a half ago I started playing Pokemon Competitively. Over the past 5 months I have basically skipped all other tiers and put all my time and effort into learning how to play top tier RU. I am very close to being really good but I am in need of battling and teambuilding tutoring which Omicron has already agreed to tutor me.

Omicron
I can probably take you on in that case, but make sure to officially sign up in the Battling 101 forum as well, and make a note that I agreed to tutor you.

1. Alice - kittenmay (BW2 OU)
2. B-Lulz - Daiko (BW2 OU)
3. BKC - SuperChillarmy (BW2 OU)
4. Delko - White symphoni (BW2 OU)
5. Django - Xei Win Toh (BW2 NU)
6. dragonuser - FinalLegendZero (BW2 OU)
7. DTC - The Offspring (BW2 NU)
8. Elevator Music - dinosaurdan (BW2 LC)
9. Expert Physics - Elephant (BW2 OU)
10. Fiction. - -Rockstar- (BW2 Ubers)
11. HSA - uslowbro (BW2 Ubers)
12. Iconic - SoulWind (DPP OU)
13. idiotfrommars - DrunkDemon (BW2 OU)
14. iss - Gone to the beach (BW2 LC)
15. Jirachi - bluewooper (BW2 OU)
16. Limitless - Santuga (BW2 UU)
17. locopoke - Ace Attorney (BW2 OU)
18. Molk - Zammux (BW2 NU)
19. mostwanted - Metroid78 and Rwhite84 (BW2 OU)
20. Nachos - LighTz911 (BW2 OU)
21. Ojama - Lucs99 (BW2 OU)
22. Omicron - EonX- and bigblue (BW2 RU)
23. PDC - Pokemazter and Trollfreak (BW2 OU)
24. prem - AuraRayquaza (BW2 LC)
25. Ray Jay - Skitten (BW2 LC)
26. Raseri - TheBestOfThemAll (BW2 NU)
27. Reverb - godbaka (BW2 OU)
28. reyscarface - Rotom-Cut (BW2 OU)
29. Scimjara - Amell (BW2 OU)
32. Seven Deadly Sins - Flashstorm1 (BW2 OU)
30. SkyNet - Scubasteve23 (BW2 OU) and WDFAmatt (ADV OU)
31. Steven Snype - askjeevs (DPP OU)
32. Texas Cloverleaf - Silvershadow234 (BW2 RU)
33. Zebraiken - FLCL (BW2 RU) and ChaosNebula (BW2 NU)

Most requests were granted, and almost everyone who posted on Page 1 (40 ppp) got a tutor which is cool. If someone wants to take on an extra tutee, PM me or Bloo. If there's any problems, same thing. Hopefully we'll get some more UU & Oceania tutors soon. Good luck to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)