Apprentice Program: Round Sixty Six

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: Audiosurfer
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Audiosurfer
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 LC or BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I love tv, music (music preferences in my sig), reading, and hanging out with friends. I'm also a huge Audiosurf fan (as evident by my name) and a lover of strategy games, racing games, etc. I also play Yugioh. I've been tutored in NU in the past. I've tried just about every tier except LC, and since it seems to be the one that's the most different from other normal tiers, I figured it'd be the hardest to learn about on my own and thus the one that it would be best to be tutored in. Also it looks pretty cool and fun, so I'm hoping to be able to try it. I'd also be interested in learning more about OU since atm I'm not that great at it.

Username: doublenikesocks
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: doublenikesocks
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: pacific
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: i play ubers and would like to learn more ou.

Username: Noblesse Oblige
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Deschanel, Oblige, Matsurika+Holic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -3 GMT, all day usually
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an half-french half-german girl who moved to Brazil with just 8 months old (I don't speak german or french, though >.<). I started to play competitive pokémon in May or June so I just played the end of BW1. I also like music, animes and play some videogames.

I was skipped last round

Username:braveswin11
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: braveswin11,braveswin
What tier do you want to learn? BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a Pakistani boy who lives in America, and I have just wanted to learn how to play competetive pokemon. I started laddering on PO, and I suck at it to be plain.

Under 25 posts: Well, the main reason why I have under 25 posts is because I usually don't post on Smogon, but I do have 50+ posts on PO forums. I came here to get tutored now because my tutor there was horrible :x. I should get tutored because it will be easier for me to contribute to Smogon with RMTs and such.

Username: Matrulez25
Shoddy Username: Matrulez25
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Australian GMT+10:00 (Melbourne,Sydney & Canberra) 2:00PM-8:00PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 17 and from australia, im currently studying I.T at Kangan Institute. I Love all things motorsport and am currently preparing myself for a few Simulator championships later in the year, I love Australian Football And Australian V8 Supercars The Most. I also believe i am fairly good at BW2 OU i just need help creating teams, and finding a play style i can consistenly do well with. Any Other Questions, Feel Free To Ask!

Username: The QWAZ
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: QWAZ
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0 4PM-8PM/ 2PM-8PM (for weekends)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I do karate lessons, I am a fond cyclist, last week I rode 50 miles for charity, I also play alot of tennis.

Skipped in round 62-64

Username: JustOrdinary
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:
PO: TheOrdinaryPanda
PS: Pandacheese

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: +5 GMT, although daylight savings shenanigans may lower the precision on that number somewhat. I'm largely free these days, so I can come at pretty much any time if I'm asked reasonably in advance. I'm currently stuck in a semi-nocturnal routine though, so 10 pm - 8 am would be relatively ideal.

What tier do you want to learn?: As much as I want to learn other tiers, I've only really played OU, and I'm fairly awful at just that. So BW2 OU, please.

Tell us a little about yourself: Hi. I'm what you'd call a bit of introvert. Picture the sort of reserved bookwork who spends most of the time in front of a computer screen, and you'd get a fairly accurate stereotype of what I'm like. I indulge myself in stories of all sorts though, whether it's film, video games, or novels, though I'm especially fond of music and the images it can evoke as well. I spend a large part of my day just scouring youtube for something new to listen to, so there is that.

Pokemon was something I've always loved, though mostly as a casual enthusiast through most of my childhood years. Didn't play competitively then, unless you called those missingno leveled, box-cloned mewtwo brawls with friends 'battles', but it was something fun to enjoy and something great to love, even if everybody else eventually stopped learning to enjoy themselves.

I started out with Red (because fuck yeah Charizard), and played each of the generations since. Black and white revitalized my interest for the games though, which had started to stagnate around D/P. I found out about PMP and that's what elevated pokemon from interest to fixation.

I've played off and on for about a year, but with disappointing results. I struggle with basics still, and teambuilding feels like a distant dream I'll never be able to get quite right. I always seem to have glaring holes in my lineups that I can never quite seem to patch, and even when I tweak them, they just open a slew of new problems to contend with. This is compounded by my need to 'stray from the norm', mostly because I like dabbling in pokes from other tiers. It gets tiring to see and play with the same 10 or so pokemon sometimes. While this means I 'could' just try playing other tiers, it's just that I'd much prefer to play one well enough where I can ease into other types of battles.

Right, so I have less than 25 posts. Let me explain.

Community forums are scary. Especially when it's a closely knit community filled with knowledge people who will pounce on you the moment they suspect you are talking out of your ass.

I'm new, I doubt I can contribute anything worthwhile and meaningful yet. I'd much rather just lurk and read so I can learn from others. Reading can be fun sometimes. I suppose I could've tried posting an RMT thread or something, but my impression of the place makes it to be a place to archive already well-made, tested and tried teams, rather than fix inherently broken ones.

Until I'm confident that what I say will hold some sort of weight, I feel like silence is the better alternative. It's just naturally how I'm around people.

also I swear im totaly not a leech

Username: thebestofthemall
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: tbota
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST... 2 PM - 10 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I don't do much. I enjoy learning about the aspect of competitive pokemon though.
Why I don't have 25 posts: My activity on this website provides enough reasoning that I'll be active for the duration of a round. Additionally, I don't believe I need to make posts to be a good battler, so I only post when I need to.
Requesting August

Username: Chopper
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Sanji
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, Thursday's all day 3pm - 9pm, Sunday all day.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU or VGC
Tell us a little about yourself: Pretty much all I do is smoke da Venausaur, go out with friends, play games and own people on the internet, but seriously. I love to play games such as Pokemon because I'm very competitive and I believe tutoring could push me to the top.

Under 25 Posts: I'm quite new to competitive battling, so I don't have much knowledge on the competitive aspects of Pokemon. Henceforth I can't contribute to Smogon that much, so tutoring could give me the knowledge to actually contribute to a high standard.

Username: Ballad
PokemonOnline Username: Balladballad
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4, 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM/8:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I played tons of Pokemon back in the RSE days. I began getting super competitive the first couple years of DP, but never got really good, and over time I lost interest as I just couldn't break competitive barriers and never managed to get a tutor. I came back for a few weeks around BW's English release but left soon after. I'd love to get back in it and push myself to the top of this new-to-me meta with the help of a highly skilled tutor.

Username: IceZagam
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: IceZagam
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2:00, week end 12h00 - 00h00
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm french. I practice football.
In pokémon, i have a difficult for build a team, and bad mindgame. I need ur help ^^

Username: Jadecavy
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Jadecavy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, I can make myself available any hours of the day.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU,
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been interested in competative pokemon for several years now and have a basic understanding, but have never invested the time to really try to get involved. I have a pretty typical origin story, first game was yellow when I was a child, etc. I've primarily invested my time in Yugioh over the past few years, and though I've played pokemon on a pretty regular basis, I haven't sunk a whole lot of time into it of late. I want to get into the flow of things and learn the metagame and get the ball rolling. I've been lurking around for several years, mostly using the site as a guide for sets and such.

Honestly, I have no reasons as to why I should be tutored over other people, but I feel I can add to the community and will invest a deal of time. Also, in return, I could always tutor the tutor in Yugioh. ;)

Username: Falling Down
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Sweet Scent
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -3
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 LC or BW2 Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a pokémon fan since age 7 when my cousin bought a GBC with silver, but just last months I started playing competitive pokémon.
Why I have less than 25 posts: I don't fell like I can contribute to Smogon right now, so I just lurk the forum.

Username: BlackTailedMewtwo
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: BlackTailedMewtwo @ PO
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1. I work at odd times.
Tell us a little about yourself: Have been playing Pokémon since R/B, and its my absolut favorite game series. Besides pkmn I play a lot of Monster Hunter and some TBS. I tried to half assed play competitive during D/P, but didnt really spend enough time to really get into it. Now, with BW2 coming, I want to learn again. I do got the basics, but I have nothing against being taught from scratch. I do got a bad ass Pikachu tattood on my arm.

Username: Sylcred
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Sylcred
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, all from days 5:00 pm to 23:00 pm
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a spanish player and i began to play pokemon competitive in DPP. Because there are some tourmaments with all gens tiers I get interested from learn more of this tiers. I prefer that my tutor will be M Dragon because I know him a little.

I hope that I can participate in this tutoring round because I learn fast and I'm serious.

P.D; Sorry for my english.

Username: Scienceandreligion
Pokemon Showdown Username: SandR
Your timezone and usual hours of availablity: GMT -7 4:00-6:00 p.m., on weekends 10:00a.m.-6:00p.m.
Tier I wish to learn: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a chess player and self-proclaimed nerd living on the West Coast of the United States of America. In my freetime, I read anything I can get my hands on, play Pokemon and teach younger children chess. As for subjects of academia I am interested in, these include biochemistry, psychology, philosophy, coneptual physics, and in general most things I am not allowed to take due to my grade level.

Explanation of why I should be tutored even though I have fewer than 25 posts: I am probably best described as a lurker on the forums, so I dislike posting - even posting here makes me nervous. My goal is to become slightly more confident in my ability to post and to contribute more to the community, and I believe through learning OU this could be achieved. I will also note that I am very active, coming on the website daily. However, I respect your decision to not chose me to be tutored if you so desire.

I was skipped during the last round, which I believe was 65.

Username: Himanattsu (on Smogon), CirnoBangz everywhere else (IRC and PS!)
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: CirnoBangz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 4-7 pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I am an adroit NU player at heart; however, I have no idea where to start when I want to play OU! My team-building skills are sub-par, as well, so I would like to work on that.

Username: ium
Pokémon Showdown Username: ium / np
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: depends on the day, but usually the afternoon or evening (starting from 3 to 5 pm) up until 12 am or so. (gmt -5)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU (preferrably some BW2 RU too)
Tell us a little about yourself: i enjoy photography, digital media editing, and volleyball. also a college freshman majoring in clinical lab science, although i'm going to try and aim for medical school. i also reside in new york city; pretty much been here for my whole life.

< 25 posts: i've been trying to dabble in some competitive battling–namely the nu tier–while i have free time. i'm playing as of late and i'm doing okay, but frankly, i'm horrible at team building. my team does fine with laddering, but in high-level play i really struggle mostly due to team structure. i'm hoping to gain a better all-around understanding of the tier which in turn will help me with building teams (i usually like offensive ones) as well as generating discussion. competitive battling is really just a new-found hobby of mine when i'm not outside or busy with school-related things, so it's natural for me to not have been as involved in this forum as others. i'm trying though! :)

Sign-up thread is closed, as we have more than enough people signing up. Expect pairings sometime tomorrow.

1. Alice - ShakeItUp (DPP OU)
2. august- llvallejoll (BW2 RU)
3. BKC - Thursday (BW2 OU)
4. Delko - Skwayz (BW2 OU)
5. dragonuser - zpattack12 and Joel (BW2 OU)
6. Harsha - White Eagle (BW2 OU)
7. HSA - Falling Down (BW2 Ubers)
8. Giga Punch - PryorConvictions and EmperorMeiji (BW2 OU)
9. Go10 - MultX (BW2 Ubers)
10. Fiction. - Mylo Xyloto (BW2 Ubers)
11. idiotfrommars - Noblesse Oblige (BW2 OU)
12. iss - TrollFreak (BW2 LC)
13. JabbaTheGriffin - Syclred (ADV OU)
14. Jimbon - Rosario (BW2 OU)
15. Jirachi - ScoobyDoom (BW2 OU)
16. Lavos Spawn - Porii Sames (BW2 OU)
17. Molk - Silvershadow234 (BW2 RU)
18. Omicron - Pokemazter (BW2 NU)
19. PDC - smootdog2 (BW2 OU)
20. prem - Audiosurfer (BW2 LC)
21. Raseri - Metroid78 (BW2 NU)
22. Reverb - Improbable (BW2 OU)
23. Sayonara - Dr Ciel (BW2 OU)
24. Seven Deadly Sins - Regret (BW2 OU)
25. shnen - Ticcyboy (BW2 NU)
26. yee - Paolo (BW2 OU)
27. The Great Mighty Doom - Matrulez25 (BW2 OU)
28. Zebraiken - ium (BW2 NU)

Some tutors didn't get a tutee this round because of major timezone issues, but if they wanna try and work around that, PM me and we'll talk about it. School starting meant a lot of tutors took a break, significantly OU tutors, so demand wasn't completely filled. To tutors: make sure your tutee are sending in evaluations from last round. PM me if you want to take on a second tutee.

Have at it men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)