Apprentice Program: Round Sixty Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Welcome to round 62 of Battling 101. If you were tutored last round, make sure you send in you tutor evaluations. Our tutors dedicate a lot of time to this program and the evaluations help us assess their contributions. If you are seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Fill out the information below to be assigned a tutor.

Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:

To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what my application would look like:

Username: Kevin Garrett
Shoddy Username: Kevin Garrett
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 4:00PM-2:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am the reason luvdiscs were implemented on Smogon. Aside from that, I deleted all of my posts because they were all terrible. I really want to learn how to play Pokemon the right way because I have struggled with it for so long and put in a lot of time to get better, but can't improve at all.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: In addition, after your time of tutoring, please take the time to fill in the evaluation form and send it to the entire tutoring staff. This helps us on so many levels! All tutees from previous rounds are expected to submit evaluations of their tutors as well.

1. 6A9 Ace Matador - xjuliocesar (DPP OU)
  2. Alice - Fabulous but lazy (BW OU)
  3. BKC - Basti (BW OU) & KelseyH (BW OU & DPP OU)
  4. B-Lulz - SphealWithIt (BW OU)
  5. comatthew6 - Dark Fallen Angel (BW LC)
  6. Delko - Razza & Red Machine (BW OU)
  7. Elevator Music - Celsius (BW LC)
  8. EspyJoel - WDFAmatt (DPP OU)
  9. Harsha - Dewhinifier (BW OU) & -Rockstar- (BW OU)
  10. HellPowna - LuckOverSkill (DPP OU) & Panicopaura (BW OU)
  11. HSA - PryorConvictions (BW Ubers)
  12. idiotfrommars - Vintage Books (BW OU)
  13. JabbaTheGriffin - Blim (ADV OU)
  14. Lamppost - Thought (BW OU)
  15. Limitless - pielover12321 (BW OU)
  16. M Dragon - Fiction (ADV OU)
  17. Molk - Powerbut (BW NU)
  18. mostwanted - Jimbon (BW OU)
  19. Noodlez - CakesOfSpan (BW OU)
  20. Ray Jay - EBeast (BW LC)
  21. reyscarface - Thundur (DPP OU)
  22. San_Pellegrino - AB2 (ADV OU)
  23. Scimjara - Frostt (BW OU)
  24. Seven Deadly Sins - SatiSuicune
  25. ShakeItUp - Perfexionist (BW OU)
  26. SkyNet - GearFlow (BW OU)
  27. Stone_Cold - Jets (BW OU) & Windie (BW OU)
  28. Syrim - Double01 (BW Ubers)
  29. tennisace - imcooked (BW NU)
  30. Thatsjustpeachy - TrollFreak (ADV OU & BW OU)
  31. Omicron - umbriel (BW RU)
  32. Windsong - PsYch071c (BW OU)
  33. yee - Kaitii (BW OU) & bubbly (BW OU)
  34. Zebraiken - Cristal (BW NU)

Username:Thought
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Poetae Verba, (some more)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST.
Weekdays: 3-10 PM (Depending on work load, it can change, however, with summer coming up, it will be
all day.)
Weekends: All day
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU.
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm a 16 year old in high school. I recently began playing Pokemon competitively and thought I would need some help as I'm not going anywhere. Aside from pokemon, I enjoy philosophy, playing and listening to music, poetry, maths, watching anime and others.

Username: Red Machine
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Psychotorrental/Morning Sunn
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST and Weekdays after 7 and Weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I'm 15, and I love to play Ultimate, Lax, and Baseball, and have battled for around a year with a few breaks here and there and want to try and get better before moving onto other tiers.

I haven't been accepted in all 3 rounds I've applied for.

Delko has agreed to tutor me

Username: Frostt
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Frostt
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, weekdays 4:00 - 7pm, weekends all day
Tell us a little about yourself: Im a typical highschooler residing in suburban America. I love music and pokemon. Some of my favorite bands are DRUGS, A Day to Remember,and Madina Lake. Up till now,ive basically been breeding flawless shiny pokemon and giving them random movesets from smogon.I would love to learn the actual thought process to building a team and eventually competing in the vcg.
I have under 25 posts because though this account is fairly old, im still new to smogon and I barely use this site because Im not really sure how to.However, everyone says smogon is where anyone who knows anything about pokemon hangs out; and I really love pokemon so I will try to use this site more. I think learning competitive play (as opposed to collecting flawless shinies) will really help me to get integrated into the smogon community.

Username: Perfexionist
Pokemon Online Username: Perfexionist
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT -5) Primarily 3 P.M. - 9 P.M., maybe more as school is out for me
What tier do you want to learn: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I attend high school in the Eastern part of the United States. My primary focus is academics, but I run cross country / track and am a drummer in jazz band. When I was younger I played Pokemon casually. The meta-game attracted me, but I never seriously got into it. Last fall a few runners on my cross country team were talking about Pokemon Online. That prompted me to discover the competitive side of Pokemon and led me to Smogon. I'm looking for a strategy game I can really get into, something with great depth and balance I can immerse myself in, and competitive battling may be a perfect fit for me.

I have always been interested in strategy games. I am a bit of a perfectionist - I either give something my all or don't do it at all. I am also highly competitive. I have been known to "over-think" (I personally don't think that is possible, but that is a tangent for another time :D) moves in all the games I play, whether they are casual card games with the family or more serious competitions. I'm not quite sure how to get myself established as a battler and in the community, but a tutor seems like a great way. I learn a lot from one-on-one teaching, and would be a dedicated tutee who aims to get the most out of the tutoring experience. At the moment I am pretty new to competitive battling, so I have a lot to learn. Hopefully, I can get to know my tutor as a person while I learn as much as I can about the game.

Username: Kaitii
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Kaitii
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7 I'm cool all hours of the day, I can adjust to any timezone.
Tell us a little about yourself: Starting college for vet tech next month and I like to doodle things for fun, don't intend to get very good. I'd love to get better at BW OU since I'm horrid at it.

Bloo agreed to tutor me

Username: dewhinifier
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Urban Dew (OU and UU)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: eastern/gmt -5; open pretty much all day afternoon.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU, BW RU
Tell us a little about yourself: College freshman who is taking a semester off due to being unprepared mentally and financially. I've played pokes since 1998 and only recently got into it competitively. I'm from the great city of Louisville, Kentucky and attend the University of Louisville. I've had a tutor in each of the previous 2 rounds, but the first was retired and the latter never showed up.

Requesting Harsha if he can

Username: Jimbon
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Jimbon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: weekdays 3-11pm (GMT +0)
Tell us a little about yourself: Played competitively for nearly 3 years, wanting to get more in touch with the community. Dabbled in other tiers with some success. Very active, looking to make a team that I can ladder consistently with some degree of success.

Psychotic

Banned deucer.
Username: Psych071c
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Psych071c
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8 (PST), availible 5-12 PM weekdays and am flexible during the weekend
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 17 year old high school junior who enjoys playing basketball, Xbox, hanging out with friends, and of course, playing pokemon. I have been involved in the lower tiers for the past several months and I am a good UU player(I like to think). I have been wanting to get into the tournament scene for some time, but most tournaments are in the OU tier, a tier that I have no experience in whatsoever. Through this tutoring process I hope to become an all-around better teambuilder and battler, as well as become involved in OU tourneys and the OU community at large. I would appreciate if I was assigned a tutor who knows the ins and outs of tournament battling, but honestly it would be an awesome experience to learn from any seasoned OU player!

Username: IurtaeMont
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: IurTaeMont

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GTM-6. I am usually available between 9pm-1AM(EST)
What tier do you want to learn?: BWUU(main),BWOU

Tell us a little about yourself: I am a Fan of Warhammer 40k, My username being the Tau Word for ShellShocked. I have been playing pokemon since Yellow, but only in BW did I start trying to play Comp.

Why I would like to be tutored because I have less than 25 post: I have been lurking since The Excadrill/Thunderous Meta, but only recently made an account because I felt I could get a better grasp of battling if I could ask Questions. However Once actually making the account, I have been unable to actually figure out where to start question wise and feel it would just be easier to have a tutor start me off with a clean slate.

Username: Quickbobhero
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Quickbobhero (PO)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Time Zone (GMT -5), free generally between 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: 5th gen OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I took a break from this game and I want to get back into the game, I was at page 1 on Smogon for a brief period of time but then my points rapidly dropped and I lost that status. I generally play rather aggresively and I structure my teams around a stable core and build around it.

Username: Bedlington
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Bedlington
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 6:00PM – 11:30 PM on weekdays (not available for that huge stretch of time every day but always a portion of it). Very flexible on weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 17 year old guy who has loved pokemon all his life. I have observed the metagame for a while and I really want to get involved. I signed up for smogon back in December and was denied a tutor in rounds 57 and 58. My computer broke and I had no access to Pokemon Online. I want to get back into the metagame and be better than I was 5 months ago through Battling 101

Reason for less than 25 posts: I have felt that I have had little to add. I have competed in a couple tournaments and published 2 rmt's. I don't feel that I am good enough yet to contribute much to the community. Also, as I explained above, my computer broke so I did not have access to Pokemon Online and sadly I lost interest.

Username: IbanezObsession
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Ibanez / salone
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (Eastern), on just about all the time now that summer's here.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a really friendly guy that can usually make friends with just about anyone. I always try my best at what I do (this of course would be competitive battling). I love teambuilding, but I feel that my prediction skills and proper move choices can improve.

Requesting Alice or Thatsjustpeachy

Double01

Hate it or love it the under dog's on top
Username: Double01
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Double01
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Gmt (-5), Will be on any time in the summer and 5 est-10est during school which lasts until june 11
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU or BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been on smogon for about 9 months now. Outside of pokemon I love track and field and I also play football for my school.

Was passed in Round 61 if that matters

Username: Shuckler
Pokemon Online Username: I change pretty frequently, but currently I go by LuckyNumbers.
Timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 4:30-7:30 weekdays, weekends 7:00 AM-9:00 PM
What tier do you want to learn?:BW Ou as first choice, Ru as second choice, and Uu as third.
Tell us a little about yourself: I was first introduced to pokemon when I was 5, when I was given a copy of pokemon yellow by my dad’s friend. I’ve liked it ever since, but I really hadn’t played competitively until I stumbled upon smogon, where I found out about pokemon online.
Why I should be tutored because I have less than 25 posts: I’m struggling a lot with prediction and team building (unless it’s some cookie-cutter rain team that you fight every other time you play), my highest ranking I’ve ever gotten to was something like 1000. I’d also really like to get a tutor because it seems like a good chance to be integrated into the smogon community.

Username: Windie
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Windie.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Everyday after 6pm Est
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 16 I love to play sports and just overall a fun person to be around. I play Soccer and Football and I also run track. At the moment Pokemon is a hobby but I want to become competitive.

Since I have less then 25 posts: I think I should be tutored because I love to play pokemon. I personally think I'm a decent player but feel as if I can use a bit more experience and help. Smogon's Tutoring Program seems to be a great way to become better. Another reason I think I should be tutored is because, I listen very well, and learn very quickly. So all in all, I think this program will be perfect for me.

Stone_Cold agreed to tutor me

Username: mesohardy
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: hardy son
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central Time (US), 12 pm - 12 am on most days.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, second choice would be UU if OU isn’t viable.
Tell us a little about yourself: College student that just recently got into competitive battling. I like the strategy and prediction involved in this game, it is really fun. I just want to improve my skills and overall knowledge of the game and get better. I feel like I am decent, but have a long way to go. I love all sports and also enjoy playing other games like halo reach and mine craft. I like working with people and am extremely coach-able and actually prefer honest criticism. I LOVE PLAYING STALL, but like other playstyles too.

Email: mr.hardyy@gmail.com

I have under 25 posts but I can assure you that I am always on this site, I love the rmt sections and reading about warstories and tournament results. I love playing this game and am a dedicated player. I listen well and I plan on being a more active member in the community as far as posting goes.

Would be awesome if I could get M Dragon

Username: Jets
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: alot of things
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: usually open after school (4:30 pm est)
What tier do you want to learn?: bw ou
Tell us a little about yourself: i hate hax

missed last 5 rounds

Stone Cold has agreed to tutor me

bloo said i was GURANTEED a spot this round

Username: tsukiyomi
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: tsukiyomi
Your time zone and usual hours of availability: EST, weekdays: 4:30-9:00 weekends: anytime
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m very new to Smogon and competitive playing but in the end I hope to make a name and help everyone be competitive after a lot of training and being an apprentice. I am also a big gamer on the 360 and happen to take extra time towards reading and writing.
ALSO: the reason why I have less than 25 posts is because I just joined today andfeel that I could contribute more after becoming better.

Username: Granstafer
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Granstafer
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, 10:30 AM- 2:30 PM, 7:00 PM-9:00 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I’ve played pokemon ever since the beginning of Gen III, and got into competitive battling about 2 or 3 years ago, and I took a little break from Smogon a bit after BW hit due to the frustrating nature of the metagame, and I’ve come back to hopefully be able to play the game without a constant result of frustration. Outside of pokemon, I swim for a club team year round, and I play other games such as Halo, Battlefield 3, CoD, and other RPGs such as Battle Nations.

Username:Sucka_Punch123
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Something with Sucka_Punch in it.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:-3:30 and from 4-11 Mon-Fri then almost all the time on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself:16 year old that goes to high school and plays for many different sports as well as plays pokemon in my sparetime.
Why I have less than 25 posts: I feel like I could contribute more and post more if I was a better player.
Skipped in round 61

Username: Blim
Pokemon Online Username: Blimlax / Blim
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6, 12:00PM-10:00PM
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an experienced competitive player looking to learn adv ou. My main tier has been ubers, where I've been in the top 3 on po & smogon. I'm also pretty familar with gsc thanks to jorgen helping me out, and isa helped me in rby. So obviously am looking to learn adv next, and am also easy to get along with.

Username: CakesOfSpan
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Nomnomcakes
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 7PM - 10PM on week days, free most weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I know VGC pretty well, but I'd like to learn how singles works so I can play in some of these other tournies. OU looks like a great place to start. I'm pretty patient and will make my tutor proud :D

Was passed round 52 (if that means anything :d)

Username: imcooked
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: imcooked/SteveChuck'sEnvoy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, currently searching for a job, but should always be free on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW NU, BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I just finished my first year at college. I love deep thinking and prefer wisdom over intelligence. I enjoy looking at theory and would like to make some more time to enjoy competitive Pokemon from that kind of perspective.
Why I should be tutored: Although I have posted very little, I have been into competitive Pokemon since the beginning of Platinum, and I haven't posted because I feel I don't have the same knowledge of Pokemon that others have. My friends refer to me as a walking Pokedex, but that's frankly not good enough. I can usually get up to about 1300 on the ladder, but then I fall. Hoping to get to that next level, starting with my favorite tier thus far: NU.

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Username: AB2
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: AB2
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 . I can adjust to pretty much any time zone. I'm available almost any time since finals are over and school is done.
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 17 year old high senior. I started playing in the platinum metagame and have been playing ever since. I'd like to expand my knowledge of adv ou so that I can play more than just a few different tiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)