Apprentice Program: Round Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
***I'm looking to add one or two more tutors this round. If you are interested, send me a PM with your tutor profile. Only well known members of the community will be considered.

Ok, Round One was a great success and we are ready to begin Round Two of the tutoring program; it will last for the next 2 weeks (4/30-5/14)! If you are a NEW PLAYER and wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. They are here for you...so take advantage!

Netbattle nick:
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):
Experience level*:
A little about myself:
Generation(s) I want to learn:

*You don't have to be good...just willing to learn. So, don't be shy; Sign up now!

The tutors will view this thread and choose their apprentices based on the generations they want to learn and their regular online hours. Once they have made a choice, they will contact me through a PM and I will keep an updated list of tutors and their apprentices. Tutors will also PM the person they have chosen to teach and set up times to meet. Apprentices are also encouraged to be proactive in searching for their tutor.

If a tutor doesn't find a match, I will begin assigning the remaining tutors to appropriate apprentices. If you are still looking for a tutor after all tutors have been assigned...you have the option of looking through the tutor roster and PM'ing a suitable person (one who teaches the generation you want to learn and is online during similar hours) to ask them if they will take you on as a second apprentice. It's as simple as that!!

If at any point during this round you encounter a problem (difficulty getting together with your tutor, etc.), let me know and we will work to resolve the issue.

Round Two Tutor/Apprentice Matches:

1. husk1442 / Exodia
2. RicepigeonKKM / Aversion
3. Mekkah / Zahro & ArrowzOfLight
4. Sanders / akuchi
5. pokemaniac15 / Siphai
6. ToP / shadysback321
7. chaos / Haitian
8. skarm / SpaceFlare
9. Cerberus / Dan Dan & dynamo
10. CTrainer / freaktron
11. cloud / elearu
12. Jackal / DDangleo
13. Justin8649 / Rider of the Wind
14. Noobster / V is for....Vespa!
15. Pokemon Professor / The Communist Plant
16. Steelicks / Saian
17. MoP / rikku
18. Kongler / chill
19. Lexay / Altmer
20. cholena / Balou
21. Obi2Kenobi / MeleeMaster-ShinyPokemon & TheMusicMan
22. Bugsy23 / PokeFan Marianne
23. Acura / absol is my favorite
24. Jumpman16 / Sharper Image
25. Aeolus / Flavour Trainer
26. Warthog / FireRed Version
27. goofball / Icecap Veiwin
28. zfs / Slickee
29. jpchato / Wappa
30. Veteran in Love / rlaur2
31. Roy / Mammoth
32. psychup2034 / Pressure the Great

Available Tutors: Cloggerdude ; Anomalous

Apprentices in need of a tutor: shinny ; dynamo ; Lightingstar ; xcrissxcrossx ; shadow's wrath ; Xtra ;

Matched Apprentices: Exodia ; Aversion ; Zahro ; akuchi ; Siphai ; shadysback321 ; Haitian ; SpaceFlare ; Dan Dan ; freaktron ; elearu ; DDangelo ; Minwu ; V is for....Vespa! ; The Communist Plant ; Saian ; rikku ; chill ; Altmer ; Balou ; PokeFan Marianne ; MeleeMaster-ShinyPokemon ; absol is my favorite ; Sharper Image ; Flavour Trainer ; FireRed Version ; Icecap Veiwin ; Slickee ; rlaur2 ; Mammoth ; Rider of the wind ; TheMusicMan ; dynamo ; ArrowzOfLight

Taken by RicepigeonKKM

Netbattle Nick: Aversion
Time Zone: EST
Regular Online Time: Anywhere between 10PM and 2AM weekends, 4-5 PM and 10-11PM weekdays, but I'm pretty flexible.
Experience Level: I've been playing for about a month, now.
A Little About Myself: I like music and writing, outside of video games. Not much else worth mentioning, really.
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV 2vs2 (JAA/ubers)

You are banned from the server. NO tutor for you...NEXT!

Nick: Minwu
Time Zone: Central
Regular Online Hours(in EDT): Randomly between 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM my time.
Experience level: Getting good at advanced but Suck at earlier generations.
About Myself: A fast learner.
Generations I want to learn: RBY and GSC.

Assigned to Noobster

Netbattle nick: apathy's requiem
Time zone: pacific coast, GMT-8:00
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): usually from 3:00-4:30, then from 9:30- 10:30
Experience level*: better than the average joe
A little about myself: play lacrosse, 2nd degree in Shudokan karatedo, want to get better at NB overall
Generation(s) I want to learn: advanced 200-202

Taken by husk1442

Netbattle nick: Exodia
Time zone: GMT+8:00
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): um, 6-8 am, 12-1pm, 12-1am
Experience level*: God I have such bad luck, I had to miss round 1. I'd like to 'perfect' RS OU before moving on to RBY OU though, I'm not hard to teach...
A little about myself: I'm on regularly, and still I can't seem to predict when I'm not confident that the team is very good... But I feel I am able to predict very well when I feel pressured I need to predict like a madman to even KO 1 poke, and if the team's received some good compliments... Also can only be on weekends and Friday afternoons/evenings for 1-2 hours due to school when June comes.
Generation(s) I want to learn: RS OU primarily, then RBY OU.

Taken by ToP

Netbattle nick: Dark Magic Attack
Time zone: Eastern Time Zone
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): All the time between 3:00 PM - 8:00 P.m.
Experience level*: Newb
A little about myself: I am a veteran in EV and IV and natures but not in battling. I am a human so i do have work to do.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advanced All tiers
Im sigining up again, is that ok?

Taken by Mekkah

Netbattle nick: [Zahro]
Time zone: GMT+1(Belgium)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Usually in the weekends around 6h-9h and 12h-15h, and wednesday also 12h-15h.
Experience level: Hmm, I have been playing nb quite a while, still not that good><... I can predict pretty well, but I cannot make decent teams.
A little about myself: Firstly, I was just interested in nice movesets and Ev.'s, etc. for ingame, then I started playing NB. I still like them both.^^
Generation(s) I want to learn: RS, maybe GSC some later. (all ou, 1vs1)

Taken by pokemaniac15

Netbattle nick: Siphai
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Um... lets see... I'm on basically every evening on the weekdays (1PM - 6PM) and weekends are basically all day.
Experience level*: I'm pretty damn advanced, but I have some serious problems in creating a team without any huge weaknessess. I can still win more matches than I lose, and pull out a win from nowhere, but I need a little help with prediction.
A little about myself: I like it fast, hard, and done quickly.

Pokemon, I mean.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Before anything else, GSC OU (I haven't even started working on this =/, next RBY (Prediction, teambuilding could use more help), and lastly ADV OU teambuilding.

Taken by Sanders

Netbattle nick: Avalanche
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 12:00 onwards
Experience level*: currently sucking horse cock
A little about myself: ..butterface
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV OU/UU, 200

Assigned to Pokemon Professor

Netbattle nick: The Plant
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): usaully about 8:00-11:00 weakdays, weekends vary.
Experience level*: I'm fairly good at ADV. However since I've never played a single game of GSC. Yeah...
A little about myself: I'm a kind, caring, honorable, courageous, and brilliant person.
Generation(s) I want to learn: GSC. Thats pretty much what I need help with. Some help in RBY wouldn't be bad though.

thanx in advance.

Assigned to Steelicks

Netbattle nick: Saian
Time zone: GMT+12 (I live in New Zealand!)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 00:00 - 06:00 on weekdays, 16:00 - 08:00 weekends. I am not online all of this time but this is when I am availble for meetings :)
Experience level*: I have played Adv for a few months on and off, I dont play particulaly frequently though. I have played RBY and GSC on the gameboy but not online. I have no experience in UU or Ubers in any generation.
A little about myself: Some people say I'm too serious but I'm not, really! I just want to have fun and talk to people :)
Generation(s) I want to learn: Adv OU/UU are the main ones.

Taken by chaos

Netbattle nick: The Haitian
Time zone: EDT
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 6-10
Experience level: Decent
A little about myself: Just a guy looking to get a lot better at Pokemon.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Adv OU + UU + Uber

Taken by skarm

Netbattle nick:
Swallowstar/SpaceFlare
Time zone: GMT+8:00
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 9 PM - 12 AM, 5 AM - 7 AM
Experience level*: I'd say my RS OU has been polished up and done. My RBY is still a little incomplete, but I can finish it up myself.
A little about myself: I'm on nearly everyday. At least during the summer. I'm not really that hard to teach. I've always been a rather fast learner.
Generation(s) I want to learn: GSC OU/UU mainly, and maybe some RS Ubers, RS 2vs2, heck maybe even RS 200.

Assigned to MoP

Netbattle nick: Serene Intensity
Time zone: GMT-6:00
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 9:00 am-12:30 am and 8:30 pm-11:00 pm
Experience level*: decent i guess
A little about myself: yer wish is my command D:
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV UU+Uber

Taken by CTrainer

Netbattle Nick: freaktron
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours: On weekdays, I am usually on Pokerealm after 4 PM. I am usually around on weekends, I usually shouldn't be hard to find. I do come to Smogon occasionally.
Experience Level: meh
A little about myself: I got NB back in September. Back then I never even knew what I was doing there, but now I get the aspect of NB. I'm always trying to look for the right things to use. Oh, one more thing-you don't want to mess with me on servers because I get really annoyed a lot. I haven't been doing too well with ubers anymore, but that doesn't mean I need too much help with it.
Generations I want to learn: RS Standard OU. I fucking suck at that. I COULD use a tiny bit more help with ubers for the Pokerealm Bash though. I need much more help with RS OU though...

O, and don't give me zfs again this time because he said there are better RS OU tutors.

Assigned to Kongler

Netbattle nick: CactusMaster
Time zone: Pacific/GMT-8
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Randomly between 3:30 and 10:30 PM in my time. I guess that's from 6:30-1:30 EDT. =/
Though I'm not usually on NetBattle due to homework. I can be contacted on MSN, though..
Experience level*: New at NB and stuff. Slowly learning. ^^
A little about myself: Uhh...nothing really work mentioning.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advanced, mono-type teams in particular.

Taken by Cerberus

Netbattle nick: Dan Dan
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 12:00pm - 7:00pm most nights
Experience level: I can build a team, but cant spot weaknesses, set EVs well, or play confident enough.
A little about myself: Standard 17 yr old english kid
Generation(s) I want to learn: RS OU, RS UU, GSC OU, 2v2

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Lexay

Netbattle nick: Altmer/Myranda
Time zone: GMT + 1
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM most weekdays, usually not during weekends. Can vary because of holidays
Experience level*: I have a general idea of team building and sets but my prediction level is rather dramatically low. I also can't really set EV's well
A little about myself: 16 year old Dutch lad.
Generation(s) I want to learn: RS OU, RS UU, GSC OU, RBY OU

Assigned to cholena

Netbattle nick: Balou.
Timezone: GMT +2
Regular online hours: Mostly from 8am to 11am and then 3pm to 5.30pm
Experience level: I think i've learned something new lately, but I still kind of suck with EVs and some movesets. I've been playing nb for 4 months or so now.
A little bit of myself: Well I'm Finnish and I like playing soccer and pokemon.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advance OU

----------------------------

I wish I can make it this time :(

Taken by Jackal

Netbattle nick: D_DAngelo
Time zone: EDT
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): From 4-9 PM weekdays, All day Saturdays, 11AM-ish to 7PM Sundays. (May be less depending on if I get the job I have an interview for on Friday, wish me luck!)
Experience level*: Maybe 2 or 3 months on Netbattle, I think I get the basic idea, but I have prediction issues and there's just something i'm missing.
A little about myself: I stomp n00bs and lose to everyone else, I'm a quick study, a talkative and friendly guy, I absolutely hate the totally standard, and I play CoH and Call of Duty when not on Smogon, and I like to swim and play with my little brothers when not on the internet.
Generation(s) I want to learn: RS OU/UU, RBY. I especially need help with prediction and team building/EVing on my own. (I use the smogondex for it ATM.)

Whatever is available

Assigned to Bugsy23

Netbattle nick: PokeFan Marianne
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 11:15AM - 12:45PM and 9:30 PM - 11:30 PM
Experience level*: Very Good and hard to beat. (usually win all the time)
A little about myself: I play the trumpet in band. I am on the Varsity Cheerleading and Soccer Teams. I am in the NHS. I am a Junior Marshall (of the top 15; 3 actually....of 234). I like getting online at nights after homework is completed. I like going out with friends to a local Media Store called Steven's Cave where play pool, play air hockey, watch the dork boys play Magic and Yu-gi-oh Cards. Like eating Mexican and Chinese food. I like reading books and writing poetry.
Generation(s) I want to learn: I know about all 3. I especially love 2-vs-2 battles in the R/S/E generation.

Assigned to Obi2Kenobi

NetBattle Nick:MeleeMaster-ShinyPokemon or MeleeMan
Time Zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours(in EDT!!!!!):This weekend, I should be free. Normally, on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 5pm-11pm. Normally, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5pm-6pm and 9:30pm-11pm. I will tell my tutor if I am available on the weekends.
Experience Level*: Well, I am not really sure. If I were willing to train some standard and Uber pokemon, I think I might be a worthy opponent to some people. I never got the chance to use them, so I do not know how good I am at prediction, team-building, etc. I know what EVs, IVs, and natures are, and other basic stuff like that. Unfortunately, my previous tutor and I really had not gotten to practice at all, so I hope this time will be different. I like playing basketball, and I turn 13 on September 12th. I would also like to learn how to make my own EV Spreads.
Generation(s) I want to learn:RS OU, RS UU, RS Standard, and RS Uber. Maybe RS Borderline(just to have background knowledge about it) and anything in GSC.

Assigned to Acura

Netbattle nick: ABSOL
Time zone: US Pacific
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): mondays and wednesdays from 3:30 pm to 5 pm. Tuesdays and Thursdays 3:30pm to 6:30 pm. Friday-Sunday i dont really plan when im online.
Experience level*: ive had netbattle for about 2 weeks. i know about evs and natures and i am a decent at predicting
A little about myself: i live in southern california and play soccer and like classic rock.
Generation(s) I want to learn: OU/UU of all generations but especially the GSC generation because i have not played that generation but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Assigned to Jumpman16

Netbattle nick: Sharper Image
Time zone: GMT-5 Hours(EST)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT): on Weekdays, if there's school, anywhere from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM. On Weekends, anywhere from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
Experience level: I've played since the original games, though I've never played in competitive battles untill I used NetBattle, sometime late last year.
A little about myself: I'm a hard-core Pokemon fan and I can't wait to learn more about it.
Generation(s) I want to learn: All classes of all Generations, but mostly Advanced, all classes.

Pending acceptance as a second apprentice...

Netbattle nick:shinny
Time zone:GMT
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 6pm-10pm GMT
Experience level*:i play pokemon since RBY
A little about myself:someone who wants to learn:)
Generation(s) I want to learn:Full advance standard and uber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)