Apprentice Program Signups: Monotype

Status
Not open for further replies.
assigned maroon

Username: LuckyPiper
PO/PS! Username: LuckyPiper
Your timezone: GMT-4
Usual Hours of Availability: every weekday evening after 5 pm. all times weekends.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i started seriously getting into mons 3-4 months ago, i had tried playing a year ago but left pretty much instantly. im enjoying it a lot more this time and want to seriously get into the game. i feel somewhat confident in my prediction making, however i struggle hard with analyzing the enemy team and knowing what sets they should be + sometimes i go too hard with a prediction and throw. i often overlook a wincon such as letting all my mons get chipped and losing to a band scizor etc.I'd like to improve in general learn how to find the optimal plays to predict around, and learn how to teambuild and also analyze my enemy team when playing.

Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord.

Do you understand how the blacklist works? Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
assigned to Eien

Username: ferno
PO/PS! Username: ferno
Your timezone: cst
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays most times after 4 pm~ cst and most weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): joined showdown in 2013, got pretty decent but just feel like i have stopped improving. Had a bad showing in blt but i know I'm good enough to make tours. started doing tours more often lately and think i can definitely improve a lot through them and this. I can make predictions and all, I'm definitely a competent player but i'm tryna improve ya feel?
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: discord..
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
yep

Floss

never forgotten
is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributor
Monotype Leader
Username: Jeejus (Discord)
PO/PS! Username: Flossed Over
Your timezone: GMT+5.5
Usual Hours of Availability: most weekday evening after 6 pm. (usually specific note beforehand if I miss) all times weekends.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been in mons for 5 years and monotype for a smaller time. I have a decent chunk of mono experience, participating in seasonals, blt and ulc. starting to get more involved in smogon stuff but need a tutor to get to the next step in terms of teambuilding a consistent play. Competent as of now, but deffo feel I have a lot to improve.

Do you understand how the blacklist works? Yes

twinkay

la bella vita
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
assigned to Ticken

Username: Felines
PO/PS! Username: Felines
Your timezone: EDT (GMT - 4)
Usual Hours of Availability: 5:00 P.M. or later weekdays, most of the day weekends unless I'm gone for something.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I played a lot of metagames when I first found Smogon. I recently got back into Monotype after like a year-long hiatus. I've played a lot of the meta since then, participating (and going positive) in Mono BLT and getting to know the community better. Although I do think I know the metagame fairly well, I definitely could use a lot more metagame knowledge as well as help battling, since I was a bit disappointed in my BLT run because I didn't play my games as well as I would like.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Algeria

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~
Username: Algeria
PS! Username: Algeria4Ever
Your timezone: Gmt +2
Usual Hours of Availability: Anytime except during morning my time
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in 2015 and joined Smogon later to be better. I was only playing OU but I want to diversify and I think the monotype is the most fun tier of the generation so I'd love to learn it.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Only discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

assigned to maroon

phosphor

ghosts appear and fade away
is a Top Tutoris a Community Leader
B101 Leader
Username: firelit nights
PO/PS! Username: firelit nights
Your timezone: GMT +8.
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekends, whole day.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Oldgens player. I want to try a new tier. SM Monotype seems fun.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

assigned to Harpp

Username: Lucy Heartfillia
PO/PS! Username: Lucy Heartfillia
Your timezone: GMT+8
Usual Hours of Availability:
Not exactly American time, but I'm active throughout the day, so I can freely adjust. Worst times would probably be 2-5 PM on most American times.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Mostly looked into OU and Monotype since Gen 5, UU and Monotype this gen. Would love to improve on Monotype. Mostly a casual ladder player, testing out different types and teams, but would love to diversify and improve.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:
Discord.
Yup.

assigned to Eien

Username: Ashaury
PO/PS! Username: Ashaury
Your timezone: GMT -5
Usual Hours of Availability: Afternoons and nights.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I used to play this tier back in XY and ORAS. Played in some monotype events and tours before but I haven´t played for this entire gen and I feel like trash.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both works for me.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: I do.

Horizon Psychic

Banned deucer.
Username: Horizon Psychic
Po/PS! Username: Horizon Psychic
Your timezone: GMT +8
Usual Hours of Availability:
American Time, 10pm - 1am
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokémon (min. 3 sentences): I've been interested in Monotype since Gen 7, Gens before, Ubers. I have a complete Pokémon Moon and Y game, and a non-complete Pokémon Ultra Sun game.
Are you able to use Discord or Skype?: Unable to use neither.

Calaeb

formerly Pawwz
assigned to maroon

Username: Pawwz
Po/PS! Username: Pawwz
Your Timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays anytime after 3:30 PM usually, and weekends whenever.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Well, I'm not the most liked user, but I like to think I know what I'm doing for the most part regarding battling. I used to be a side server fiend, but I recently parted from Azure and side servers as a whole. I've peaked ladder a few times, not that means anything, and I've participated in ULC (side server event that attracts main groups like Imperium). I only really play Monotype, but I have some experience in OU.
Are you able to use Discord or Skype?: I can use Discord.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes, I do.

assigned to maroon

Username: Pixel Pusher
PO/PS! Username: Pixel Pusher
Your timezone: EDT
Usual Hours of Availability: Mon - Fri 9am-6pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing semi competitively for a few years now only in Monotype. Recently I've been putting in more effort to Monotype and branching out to other tiers like OU. I do well in casual battles but usually fall out of tours R1-R3. I'd like to learn how to battle more efficiently in tours.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

ItsJustDusk

Formerly The Great Unknown
Username: The Great Unknown
PO/PS! Username: The Great Unknown
Your timezone: CST
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekday: 5-8 pm Weekends 12-8 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Played Monotype and a few other tiers for 4 years in a few leagues. Haven’t played competitively in about 4 years.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes

assigned to Ticken

assigned to maroon

Username: Supergum
PO/PS! Username: Supergum
Your timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: All Days. 2 PM - 10 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I've been playing competitive, casually, on and off since BW. As of late, though, I've started looking for ways to improve my skills, since I feel I reached a ceiling on what I can learn on my own. I've peaked in the mid-1400s on the Monotype Ladder in the past, and after a couple hundred battles, I've come to learn a bit from experience regarding what to expect against certain types on Ladder. However, I really lack experience in proper teambuilding, establishing win conditions, predicting... Yeah, the works.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I'm willing to use both.

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
assigned to maroon

Username: Roxiee
PO/PS! Username: Roxiee
Your timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: maybe 1pm est ongoing to 1am est/ flexible tbh
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've played for about a year and a half now in monotype competitively. Its late in gen7 but I'm trying to work on building more types and perhaps more creatively~
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Disc
Yep

assigned to Ticken

Username: Verde
PO/PS Username: King Verde
Usual Timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: Anytime after 11:00 AM it’s summer!!!
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive pokémon: I have been playing on Showdown since I was eleven and started out my days playing monotype because i loved the gym leader vibe. Then I joined Aftermath league lead by tesla but never really amounted to a big name because of a lack of tournaments and smogon, as I didn’t know how. I was also in X with some big name people so i want to become as good as a battler as them and make up for lost time and I will do anything to achieve this. I am 17 now so hopefully I have my wits on me, looking forward to being mentored it’s an amazing opportunity.
Are you able to use Skype or Discord?: Yea, discord and skype.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes I do.

assigned to Ridley

Username: Ghostmanz
PO/PS! Username: GawtMono
Your timezone: Est
Usual Hours of Availability: anytime past 9am, my work schedule is weird tho.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing pokemon since 2011, though I've only been playing competitively since late 2017. I have mainly been playing for fun because I always had the mindset that I should only continue playing a game if I enjoy it, which ultimately led me down the path of just playing for the sake of nostalgia and didn't really help me get better at the competitive aspect of the game. I have played a lot of tiers but the one i have to most success in is Monotype. So I simply wish to get better at battling and building more unique builds to up my game, as opposed to using cookie cutter sample teams. lol
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: discord
Yes

Ara

Ara
Username: Ara
PO/PS Username: Ara
Usual Timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: Anytime Between 9am-11pm everyday
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: i came onto ps in early 2015 in hopes of becoming a good player i was just battling on main improving my skills and then i found monotype at the time i would say i was a decent player and then i got invited to a side server league which led me off track as side servers started just to become talking places for me and i didnt really battle much, ive tried many times in the past to become good at showdown but i didnt really have help and im hoping this tutoring possibility could help me
Are you able to use Skype or Discord?: discord works
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yep

Assigned to: maroon

Username: Splashbrutha
PO/PS Username: Splashbrutha
Usual Timezone: MST
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays after 5pm, weekends all day.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: Played mons in the XY OU and ORAS OU era, only the ladder, was successful laddering. made a smogon account a year ago to get into tours. Just wanna iron out a few kinks in my game (if possible)
Are you able to use Skype or Discord?: Discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yea

assigned to maroon

Username: Caspell
PO/PS! Username: Caspell
Your timezone: GMT (-4:00)
Usual Hours of Availability: Everyday: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
I am really a little rookie and I only play for fun, with my favorite monotypes (fight and electric) reaching top 100 in the ladder, I would like to improve my mechanics when making certain plays and being able to properly use my monotypes, in addition to be able to improve my pool of monotypes by integrating the sinister and fairy type. (Oh, and learn how to build a team correctly)
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Only Discord

DYA

not a weeb
is a Community Contributor
Username: DeadYouAre
PO/PS Username: DeadYouAre/ItsDYA
Your Timezone: GMT +1
Usual hours of availabity: Everyday from 10 am to 4 pm and 7 pm to 11 pm
I have played Pokemon more competitive like 6 months ago, im still a little bad playing. I have played Ubers and OU and now I want to learn about Monotype. I have a little bit of experience in Monotype becouse I had one friend that was top 1 many times in Monotype Ladder.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype: Discord
Do you understand how blacklist works: Yes

assigned to Harpp

Username: Mateeus_1
PO/PS! Username: Mateeus_1 / Mateeus
Your timezone: GMT -3 (EDT)
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays 9 - 11 PM, Weekends mostly free
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Well, I've signed on this program before, so most of my history is registered there. Since then, I've been playing in a better level, reaching decently far in Monotype tournaments / having a cool score in team based ones, but I feel I have much to improve still, especially on the teambuilding part - I want to jump from decent or average to, well, skilled, and that's why I'm signing up again.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yup. Mateeus#7072 (Discord)
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: ye

assigned to Chaitanya

Raahel

MANO TENGO FE
is a Tiering Contributor
Assigned to maroon

Username: RahelGamer09
PS! Username: RahelGamer03
Timezone: GMT -4
Usual Hours of Availability: WeekDays 1pm-8pm and weekends im free any hour
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): In monotype I began to adjust it a long time ago and I got to be in the ladder and enter some important tournaments, then I left it for a while, Now that I entered the monotype ladder tour and the monotype fall seasonals I got back into the tier.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes i can use Discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Assigned to: Harpp

Username: Shine Drive
PS! Username: Aiken 11
Your timezone: IST (GMT +5.30)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 8 PM - 12 AM, weekends 12 PM - 12 AM
I've been playing monotype for a while but only seem to be good with Hyper-Offensive types(Fighting and Dragon), I would like to improve my plays, to be able to properly use types with different playstyles, to improve my team building and ability to predict.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, I can use discord

Assigned to: maroon

Username: Mateeus_1
PO/PS! Username: Mateeus_1 / Mateeus
Your timezone: GMT -3 (EDT)
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays 9 - 11 PM, Weekends mostly free
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Well, I've signed on this program before, so most of my history is registered there. Since then, I've been playing in a better level, reaching decently far in Monotype tournaments / having a cool score in team based ones, but I feel I have much to improve still, especially on the teambuilding part - I want to jump from decent or average to, well, skilled, and that's why I'm signing up again. (P.S.: My previous tutor was busy irl, so he told me to sign up again; Ticken is already aware of that).
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yup. Mateeus#7072 (Discord)
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: ye

Assigned to: Perish Song

Username: Iggy96
PO/PS! Username: Alpha Pat
Your timezone: GMT+2
Usual Hours of Availability: Monday to Thursday: 6pm till like 1am; Friday: 3pm till 5.30pm (depending on bowling); Saturday/Sunday: pretty much all day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing for a while (say like 4-5 years) and joined a couple tours, but never really got that far. Usually I just build with Harpp or help him with tour prepping and stuff, but now trying to improve as well. Mostly trying to learn when to make plays or take risks.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord preferably (Iggy#6734), but can do Skype as well
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Ye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)