Apprentice Program Signups: Old Gens OU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: CzarPokemon
PS! Username: CzarPokemon
What format do you want to learn?: Gen 1,2,3,4,5,6 OU
Your timezone: UTC -8
Usual Hours of Availability: My hours are sporadic but I prefer afternoons and evenings. I could potentially make mornings work
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I joined in August and have been playing on ladder for all the OU tiers and in tournaments in ROA. I'm average at best but I'm trying super hard to get better!
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Of course!
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
assigned to LL

Username: Sakito
PS! Username: by Sakito
What format do you want to learn?: ADV OU / BW OU
Your timezone: GMT+2
Usual Hours of Availability: I'm pretty flexible and available most of the days (preferably nights)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): It's been almost a year i joined smogon already, until now i practiced a lot dpp and i did some old gens tournaments, but i wanna touch more other old gens so yeah
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes

phosphor

ghosts appear and fade away
is a Top Tutoris a Community Leader
B101 Leader
Username: refsunpersons
PS! Username: refsunpersons
What format do you want to learn?: ADV OU / BW2 OU
Your timezone: GMT+8
Usual Hours of Availability: usually every day 7PM to 12AM, whole day on Saturdays and Sundays
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Played since Pokemon Lab. Have 0 ADV experience. Also want to learn BW2 at the absolute highest level despite being capable of laddering #1 repeatedly.

Assigned to Excal

Username: SilvioGuacamole
PS! Username: SilvioGuacamole
What format do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Your timezone: GMT
Usual Hours of Availability: I’m available pretty much all day at weekends as well as 5-9 my time weekdays
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I’m predominantly a UU player with some pretty nice results in Open, UULT and various team tours, trying to break into the official tour scene. However, my experience in old gen metas is somewhat limited, particularly pre-team preview gens. I’m eager to try and expand my horizons and adapt to DPP.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord, not Skype

Rubyblood

Tyrants GSC Legend
is a Tiering Contributoris a defending SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
World Defender
assigned to teal6

Username: Oro e Diamanti
PS! Username: Oro e Diamanti
What format do you want to learn?: RBY OU / GSC OU / ADV OU
Your timezone: GMT+1
Usual Hours of Availability: Week-end but i can week too in evening , later afternoon.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Played Since MAy 2016 in Showdown ,so i begin with Oras and SM OU. I think I have a correct level in two tier especially in sm ou. I would like to touch the old gen especially the gsc ou
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes , Rubyblood#1399 and skype just Rubyblood

phosphor

ghosts appear and fade away
is a Top Tutoris a Community Leader
B101 Leader
Username: refsunpersons
PS! Username: refsunpersons
What format do you want to learn?: RBY OU
Your timezone: GMT+8
Usual Hours of Availability: usually every day 7PM to 12AM, whole day on Saturdays and Sundays
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): BW OU player

assigned to Luigi

Username: XxAwesomePlayzxX
PS! Username: IHateMooMooMilk
What format do you want to learn?: DPP OU / BW OU / ORAS OU (any one or two is fine)
Your timezone: GMT +8
Usual Hours of Availability: usually from 4:30 pm to 10 pm every weekday, 4 pm to 10 pm for Saturday, and whole day for Sunday. Will notify tutor if anything special comes up
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started PS! during the SM OU Genesect suspect, and I've played PU, NU, UU, OU, MnM, BH, and AG for this period of time. I've written several analyses for BH and a Facebook Spotlight for OU, and working on another project for TFP. I would like to get to know a bit more about Old gens OU, because you don't really get to play much on the ladder due to the limited amount of players
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yes

Assigned to refsunpersons

Username: pkcc
PS! Username: pikachuchu31
What format do you want to learn?: BW OU
Your timezone: GMT +7
Usual Hours of Availability: Tuesday evening, Friday 3pm to 9pm and Saturday evening. Will contact with tutor of course.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I began to try to play more seriously since gen 7 and got some small knowledge with sm ou. But now I became much more interested in oras and especially bw ou, after seeing hiye and blunder win stour 24 and 25. No matter how much I tried, I seemed to be unable to have a good sense on the tier, so I really hope to improve with this opportunity.

assigned to refsunpersons

xJoelituh

Banned deucer.
Username: xJoelituh
PS! Username: xJoelituh
What format do you want to learn?: ADV OU / ADV UU / ADV Ubers. (preferably OU, but the gen as a whole is my goal)
Your timezone: GMT +1
Usual Hours of Availability: At nights and weekends, but probably I can find more gaps.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing this game for some years now, and eventually end up being and old gens player and specifically and RBY one. After some success and fails overall, I got tired of the tier and only enjoyed building and helping friends. After a bit of rethinking, I feel like the best way to approach this is to centralize my efforts in a gen I enjoy and ADV seems to be that one. I wanna improve overall, my building, my plays and my overall thinking.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord please, I don't want to reinstall Skype
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yeah

assigned to CZ.

Username: Toytean
PS! Username: toytean
What format do you want to learn?: BW OU,
Usual Hours of Availability: At nights and weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have played tours in plenty of different forums during the last years, mainly in pokespain where i had played bw and sm ou
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yea

Assigned to Finchinator

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Username: Diophantine
PS! Username: Diophantine
What format do you want to learn?: Gens 1-5,
Your timezone: GMT +0
Usual Hours of Availability: Evenings and weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I main SM OU and tutor it. I play a lot of GSC but really want to take my game to the next level (this tier is preferred) as it’s my favourite tier and one which my WCoP team is very weak in. Building is quite difficult. Would really like to improve at the others in the run up to classic too and to provide support in WCoP.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yea

assigned to Emeral for DPP

assigned to Emeral for dpp

Username: Sas0
PO/PS! Username: Sas0
What format do you want to learn? RBY OU DPP OU
Usual Hours of Availability: all weekend and every night i can take time. (I starting with my university exams so maybe can be aviable every days but i can take time ^^)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have experience in general, i played bw when i played pokemon in 2014/2015 but now want to learn rby or a tier as dpp to improve. . I improved and i have good knowledge but i have to improve a lot
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Sas0#4043

assigned to Shoka

Username: Oibaf
PS! Username: oibaf (and other alts)
What format do you want to learn?: BW OU, GSC OU
Your timezone: gmt +1
Usual Hours of Availability: afternoon, sometimes evening
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I play tournaments since 2016 in different forums (mainly smogon and pokemon perfect) and I think I'm decent rn. Although being decent isn't enough, so I want to improve bw and gsc.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Username: Night
PS! Username: Night en el Rio
What format do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Usual Hours of Availability: At nights and sometimes at afternoon
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I played my first tournament in 2009, in my City (It was a HGSS tournament) and some years ago I started playing in a competitive way, learning with videos of good players like Trosko or Aim, and I played a lot of Spanish and Brazilian tours

assigned to Mannat (you guys should pick which tier you want to tutor in)
Username: Massivedestruction
PS! Username: Massivedestruction
What format do you want to learn?: DPP OU/ BW OU/ ORAS OU
Your timezone: GMT -5
Usual Hours of Availability: Monday to Friday 4:30pm-10:00pm / Saturday to Sunday 2pm-10pm
I started playing pokemon at the end of xy. I play some tiers such as sm ou / sm nu / oras ou / bw ou. but I feel like I do not know enough and that's why I sign up for this

Username: laspleispk
PS! Username: laspleispk
Your timezone: GMT -5
Usual Hours of Availability: At nights and weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have played in pokespain some individual tours, and I want to play better
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:Discord

Username: Lulu
PS! Username: Lulu QLF
What format do you want to learn?:Bw ou/Rby ou/Dpp ou
Your timezone:GMT +1
Usual Hours of Availability:Wednesday between 3pm and 7pm. Same for monday and sunday
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I played some French team tournament as an old gen player. Im also in the ISGME team as a sub for powc. I play some French solo tour and im actually round 3 at a dpp cup in French tour
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yeah, my discord is LULU#8921
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:ofc

Username: SanJl
PS! Username: SanJl
What format do you want to learn?: ORAS OU
Your timezone: +1
Usual Hours of Availability:
Every day in the afternoon or evening
I started to play in around july 2017. I'm playing only sm low tiers atm like uu (which I tryhard since the beginning) and started to learn smru a few months ago (r7 at ssnl). Started to learn a bit sm nu and pu, I'm playing some french ttour as an underdog uu slot and dpp slot aswell which I learn last year. My moyivation for this year is to perf at GSlam and be pick in UUPL
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:
Discord only ( SanJl#8797)
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
yeah

assigned to Shoka

Username: spindaru
PS! Username: spindaru
What format do you want to learn?: ADV/DPP/BW2/Oras

Evenings+Afternoon during the week, weekends
Im relatively new to showdown and so far Ive really enjoyed SM OU and really want to learn about one of the older tiers listed above
I never really touched older gens outside of the games and Id love to catch up
I really want to have a better understanding of any of the tiers above and improve as a player+at the teambuilding aspect.
discord is preferred
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yes

Username: Sinkyr
PS! Username: Sinkyr en el Lago
What format do you want to learn?: GSC / BW

Evenings+Afternoon during the week, almost any time weekends
I started playing mons 2 years ago and during last year i focused in old gens ou, mainly GSC and DPP, i've played lots of tours here in smogon and spanish tournaments and some teamtours like the HPL or the POWC and i think i've good level in old gens and building but i would like to keep improving and try to reach top level of this tiers.
discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works? Si

assigned to Diophantine for GSC

Username: Mr.Serpent
PS! Username: Serpent89
Your timezone: Gmt +5:30
Usual Hours of Availability: Anytime from early in the morning to the afternoons and late at night. I'm really flexible with time and will be able to make myself available at almost any time that suits the tutor. GMT +8 is a compatible timezone for me, wouldn't be a problem.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively earlier this year beginning from Pokemon X & Y, usually in wifi-battles. It got me really interested and from there I began learning and used various resources, specially Smogon, to enhance my knowledge. I have had a fair share of wins and of course loses. But I'm willing to learn and improve to the best of my capabilities. Overall I'm just a fine player right now but I am sure with a little guidance I'll be able to make a good lot of progress.
.Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord mostly.

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Username : Perish Song
PS! Username: Perish Song
What format do you want to learn?: BW/DPP OU
Your timezone: GMT +3 (Turkey)
Usual Hours of Availability: Entire weekend, most part Monday and Tuesday and Friday, definitively not wednesday
Been playing pokemon since gen1, discovered ps! very late around oras. Ever since I played to learn to basics of pokemon and things, now I wanna learn some old tiers. Im playing monotype for a few years now, didnt have any good tour succes but actively participating in the seasonals and team tournaments.

assigned to firelit nights

SFG

Snom is Fucking Great
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Username: SaltyFrenchGuy
PS! Username: SaltyFrenchGuy
What format do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Your timezone: GMT+2 (France)
Usual Hours of Availability: usually every evenings after 9pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm a SM OU main and played a lot of tournaments in the french community over the course of the seventh generation. However, the DPP Championship was a great experience for me and with the help of more experienced friends like Marshall.Law, I started to try to get into it. Hence why it would be great if someone could take me as a tutee and help me to improve my plays/builds.

I would like to request Excal who agrees to tute me

assigned to Excal

assigned to Erzengel

Username: Chat
PS! Username: Chat
What format do you want to learn?: BW/ORAS OU
Your timezone: GMT +2
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays : evenings starting at 6/7 pm, Saturday the whole day, Sunday evening.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started playing in January 2010 on cartridge. Stopped playing competitively in 2012 because I really didn't get (nor particularly liked ? I guess) the ever changing metagame of BW OU because of my huge lack of teambuilding skill. I tried replaying a few times before giving up... but now I'm replaying quite seriously, so I want to be better at BW and the ORAS metagame that I completely missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)