Sign-Up Apprentice Program Signups: Old Gens OU

Assigned to: Sakito for DPP OU

Username : Yelodash
Your timezone : GMT +1
Generation : DPP OU
Usual hours : usually evenings / week ends
ell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitive Pokémon a little over a year ago in SS OU , now I'm trying to learn the old gens , and I'd like to learn DPP
first because I really like the tier from the little I've seen.
Are you able to yse Discord? : Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works ? yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Username: BIG BM
PS! Username: bigbadmanners
Your timezone: GMT + 0
Generation:
RBY/DPP/BW
Usual Hours of Availability:
Sundays, any time.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I have a rudimentary understanding of competitive play, usually playing in BSS and VGC, and I'm pretty confident in my general knowledge about these formats; cartridge metas are, unfortunately, not for me, due to the amount of powercreep present. I'm not sure if I'd enjoy SWSH OU, so on the recommendation of a few friends and acquaintances, I'd like to give some old gens a try.
Are you able to use Discord?:
Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes

Username: TheJFrenzy
PS! Username: thatoneguyfrenzy
Your timezone: AEST (GMT +10)
Generation: ADV
I'm available weekdays after 6 pm most of the time, I'm free from about 10 am till 10 pm weekends.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I've been playing pokemon competitively since roughly around late DPP/early BW. I've always dabbled, been to a few irl VGC tournaments as well, done a few online smogon tours sporadically but now I'd like to take it higher. I like the old gens metagames and ADV is one of the more interesting tiers imo but it's one of the old gen tiers I understand the least, so I'd like to gain a deeper understanding of how to play it and build for it.
I have zero issues using discord in my hours of availability.
Yes

Username: Gensil
PS! Username: Wundersweep
Your timezone: GMT+2
Generation: DPP/ORAS/SM
aivable week (after 8:00pm) and week-end after 6:00pm (saturday) n' 3:00 sunday
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing seriously around February. I have always enjoyed playing olds gen especially DPP (n'd oras sm). I don't have much influence on smogon but I am extremely motivated to learn and become better. I would like to have a lot of support on ingame, team building vs metagame to better understand the tier.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes of course (not voc sry)
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes !

Last edited:
Assigned to: ez for SM OU

Username: SpookyZ
PS! Username: SpookyZ
Your timezone:
GMT-4
Generation: SM
Usual Hours of Availability: anytime basically
ive been maining ss and i feel like i have learned the tier enough and want to try and learn sm. ive made it to wcop got to 2100s in ss and peaked the ladder+im positive in all the pl's im in.
Are you able to use Discord?: SpookyZ#1442
Yes

Username: Churielix
PS! Username: Churielix
Your timezone: GMT-5
Generation: DPP
Usual Hours of Activity: every day from 7 pm to 9 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: I started playing showdown since 2015, although i was inactive for a long time and resumed the game until the beginning of 2020, i started playing moderately serious from the beginning of 2021, and currently i want to dedicate myself to dpp, which is a tier that interest me a lot.
Are you able to use either discord?: Yes, Churielix#0965
Do you understand how the blacklist works? Yes.

Username: oldcvcv
PS! Username: Oldcvcv
Your timezone: GMT+1
Generation: BW
Usual Hours of Availability: Week-end/
after 5pm during the week
I started playing seriously last summer and i was previously a SM main but i switched to BW. I feel like I don't rly improve in this tier and that's why i'm here. I'm also signing up bc i struggle with building in that tier.
yes
yes

adem

waddle waddle
is a Live Chat Contributor
Username: adem
PS! Username: aadem
Your timezone: +8
Generation: oras
Usual Hours of Availability: 9am-11pm (abt the whole day)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): used to play usum at the end of the gen, then started and main nd because nr a fan of ss, tried out oras recently and loved it, played it for a couple of side pls and am doing well in the current ssnls, looking to improve mainly building and knowledge wise.
Are you able to use Discord?: y
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: y

Last edited:

Batzi

Banned deucer.
Username: Batzi
PS! Username: batziii
Your timezone: +10
Usual Hours of Availability: 9am-11pm on weekends, 4pm-11pm on weekdays
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started playing PS! in around 2016 with just randbats until I branched out to other tiers and got smogon in 2020. Reached round 11 of sm ssnls, r9 of ubers, r7 oras, so I can play various tiers. I suck at no preview tiers though so I would love learning DPP especially because building looks so fun here.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Last edited:
Username: LaPesteBlanca
PS! Username: Nothing To Show / Murph Space
Your timezone: GMT +2
Generation: 7; SM OU
Usual Hours of Availability: from now to 3 months, nearly all day.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I’ve played quite a lot of it. I started 3 years ago; and sd helped me a lot. Between my 2 main acc, I may have 300 battles, despite I’ve cleared the matches counter a few times, so it may be a +500. I made this acc in Smogon yesterday; I hope this is not a problem.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yup, is the social media I use the most.
I do. It’ll be a pleasure to talk with my future tutor, wanna become better! :3

Username: kalifguest22
PS! Username: kalifguest22
Your timezone: GMT -5
Generation: RBY
I'm available pretty much any day of the week, usually during afternoons.
I started off in SS OU, but then I got pretty bored so I moved on to old gens. I like BW and ADV particularly, and wanted to branch out more to gens such as GSC and DPP. I'm pretty much trying to get decent at every old gen at this point and that goal is going well for me.
Yes
Yes

Username: basewave
PS! Username: basewave
Your timezone: EST / GMT-4
Generation: RBY
Usual Hours of Availability: Any time after 4pm my time.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing mons competitively for probably 8 years or so. Pretty much exclusively ladder. I've made it onto probably at least the top 50 in the ladder in all the old gens except for RBY, which is actually the generation I find myself most enjoying currently. I've bounced around old gens for the past few years and I'd really like to be able to settle down in one and hopefully make a name for myself by getting into tours and by being involved in the community. I find the nuances of RBY pretty enjoyable and really would like to invest in the tier. Hopefully we can work together, thanks for reading.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes - bw#7993

Assigned to Siatam for GSC OU

Username: Kaisser
PS! Username: TheKaisser
Your timezone: GMT +2
Generation: GSC
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays 8 PM - 11 AM, weekends anytime
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in late ADV era/ begining of DP era on NB and SB battle simulators. I've never been a very skilled player but I got enrolled in Smogon community in 2010 while BW was the main generation and since then I've been fascinated exclusively by old gens (gen 1-5). I've only played minor tournaments without any successful and from all over the generations I play I feel GSC is the hardest one to get better with and I'd like to improve as a player. As a side note take into account that my english is very crappy so please whoever wants to help me, please, be patient.

Username: The Dragon Master
PS! Username: Advt
Your timezone: GMT+ 5 30
Generation: SM OU
Usual Hours of Availability: I'm usually free frm 2 30 - 4 30pm or night after 9 pm on weekdays and almost the entire afternoon on weekends and also past 9 those days too

Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: I started mons 4 yrs ago and played on and off till last yr where I started playing more. Got really into Nd like 6 months ago. Now an ND QC member and want to get into SM too as that meta seems fun

Better Than You

Banned deucer.
Username: Better Than You
PS! Username: b3tterth4ny0u
Your timezone: GMT+0
Generation: ADV
GMT+0 8am to 8pm
I have never played ADV besides a few low ladder games. I want to play the tier with Sleep and Dugtrio because I think DPP is banning them too. I want to become tournament-level as fast as possible (but not any faster). Hopefully I get a tutor who will tell me what is good and why off the bat, I want to reach the cutting edge of the meta.
Better Than You #5013
Yes

Username: TechnoRaptor
PS! Username: TechnoRaptor
Your timezone: EST (GMT -4)
Generation: DPP/ORAS
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays after 8 PM, most weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in late BW/early XY with VGC, but moved onto OU after VGC 14. Since then, I've mostly played current generation OU and UU on and off and found it very fun, albeit somewhat frustrating when I make choke plays. I've done well on the ladder, but I'd like to refine my play a bit more and participate in tournaments more frequently. In addition, I'd like to get better at DPP and ORAS OU, since those are the metagames I remember enjoying a lot.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes (TechnoRaptor#0653)

Username: KaiserKaiba
PS! Username: KaiserKaiba
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually evenings and week-ends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm mainly a SM main. I play a few no-official teamtours and tours like sm ssnl or sm cup during the ST. On the ladder side, I usually manage to reach around 1700 of elo (even if I really never tried to topladder tbh). I apply again because my tutoring is over, so I would like to learn another tier. I choose DPP because, after playing a bit on ladder and a few tour games, the tier seems fun and I really find tier without team preview really interisting.
Are you able to use Discord?: KaiserKaiba#5863

Last edited:
Assigned to eden for DPP OU

Username: j3b4it33d
PS! Username: johnathan madden
Your timezone: GMT +10
Generation: DPP OU
Usual Hours of Availability: All day Thursdays, weekday mornings between 9am and 11am and nights from 5pm up to 11:30pm-12am
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started playing competitive in early 2015 with ORAS OU, before taking a hiatus in early 2017. I started playing older gens, particularly DPP OU, around October 2020 where I had a wifi battle with BKC. Around this time, I also participated in a few Discord tournaments, particularly a premier league on Jamvad‘s Discord channel. I’ve played quite a few ladder games, across different alts, but only manage to sit in the 1300s, and have lasted to round 3 of the last DPP Global. I participate RoA room tours from time to time, where I’ve won for DPP NU more recently. DPP is my all-time favourite metagame, and the one I find the most joy in playing, hence it is the metagame where I strive to be the best I can be in. I want to greatly improve on my teambuilding knowledge and ability, as well as my piloting skills, while continuously learning about the metagame. I feel like i’m inconsistent in my plays, where I make great plays one moment, and chokes the next.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, Rich Homie Madden#7367

Assigned to Lord Thorx for GSC OU

Username: Porydonk
PO/PS! Username: Porydonk, but i use more than one account especially for VGC
Your timezone: GMT +2 (CEST)
Generation: RBY/GSC/ADV
Usual Hours of Availability: mostly in the evening after 20:30 or sometimes between 17:30 and 19:00, but i will accomodate the requests of the tutor
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: I started playing competitive with SWSH in the VGC format. I won a couple of locals (PC and MSS) and then when the lockdown hit i transitioned to online tournaments and got a 3rd place in a Pardini's Battle Dome.
Regarding singles i started playing with GSC OU and competed in a GSC PU Smogon tour. I then explored RBY and ADV by myself. I'd like to become a better overall player and start competing in Smogon seasonal tournaments!
Are you able to use either Discord?: Yes

Username: Coeur7
PS! Username: pearl of exchange
Generation: ADV OU
Usual Hours of Availability: my evenings and weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I used to play the various Battle Facilities; if I have any "claim to fame", it's that I more or less made this team which encapsulates everything I don't like about current gens. Played some RBY OU and gen8 Doubles randbats recently to mediocre results (~75% GXE). I'd like to learn ADV; here's the replay of the most recent ADV OU battle I had, where I'm piloting a beginner sample team by pasy_g. That's about all I can do, I'd like to improve at teambuilding in particular, all my teams are bad.

Username: DanPeartree
PS! Username: DanPeartree
Your timezone: BST
Generation:
Any will do. See below why.
Usual Hours of Availability:8pm-10pm
I started in 2017 with Sun and Moon and started learning by myself through smogon and other sites. I have been playing showdown more and more on my android, training my pokemon and buding teams but I maintain a ratio of 50-50 wins since I lack more in depth experiencial understanding of predictions and synergy in my teams. That's why I think any generation will do for now. I'd like to learn that so I can be the very best the world has ever known.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Last edited:
Username: D_C_T_D ( Name change soon )
PS! Username: Don Colombus / Sam Colombus
Your timezone: +2, France
Generation: DPP OU
Usual Hours of Availability: Monday-Friday = 9pm to 12pm, w-e = afternoons and evenings ( Can be different, depends a lot of my homework, but it's fine )

Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: I started playing in March 2020 and I specialized in DPP in September 2020. I laddered a lot between September 2020 and March 2021 but I stopped cause it was tilting me so hard :issou: . I also participated to many tournaments : Winter SSNL, DPP GC, and more recently Summer SSNL where I made top 16 ( R8 ) and many rdm Discord tours.
I want to get better at teambuilding where I struggle a lot ( I'm always using teams from other people, my own teams are ok but too much MU fish I think, I used one of them for SSNL R8 and I lost because I faced a really bad MU G2 but it was my fault for using this ). My ingame is fine but as everyone I still have a lot to learn. I also want to know what is a consistant team in DPP. ( maybe it doesn't exist :paz: ).
PS : I restart laddering and wtf I'm actually enjoying it, Praise DD Tar and CB Gyara.

Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, I can voc without pbs. Le Don#5160.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)