Sign-Up Apprentice Program Signups: Old Gens OU

ErPeris

Do. Or do not. There is no try.
is a Top Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Live Chat Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor for Old Gens OU, you are in the right place. Please read all the rules carefully and fill out every part of the application.

Current Tutors:

THE RULES

• You must be able to access Discord, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You must be willing to use Pokemon Showdown! even if you are being tutored in a cartridge format such as Battle Spot or VGC.
  • You, the tutee, should have at least 15 posts before signing up AND your account's age should be a minimum of at least 1 month old before signing up. If you do not reach that threshold, you will likely be skipped.
    • This is not a hard requirement meaning you may still be paired without satisfying it, but if you want to ensure you are compliant and you wish to attain 15 posts before applying, DO NOT spam post elsewhere in the forum. That is an infractable offense and we do not encourage such behavior from potential Tutees.
  • You must have battled competitively for a decent amount in at least ONE of the Smogon tiers or Battle Spot / VGC to sign up. Playing 10 or so matches on the PS! ladder is not substantial enough, ~70 or so is more reasonable. This experience does not need to be for the format you sign-up for; this is just to weed out people who have never played competitively that can improve themselves simply by using resources already available to them without needing a tutor to hold their hand.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE.Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you.
  • If your timezone and hours of availability do not match up with the correct thread, your post will be skipped. Please PM a B101 mod if you are unsure about which thread to post in.
  • You may only post in ONE of the signup threads. Delete your post if you change your mind about signing up for something.
Here is the signup template, and an example sign-up post.
Username:
PS! Username:
Your timezone:
Generation:
Usual Hours of Availability:
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Are you able to use Discord?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Username: Shiba
PS! Username: Big Sean
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Generation: USUM
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 8 PM - 12 AM, weekends 12 PM - 12 AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in early XY and spammed Baton Pass on the ladder. I was pretty skilled I guess. I then got more involved with Smogon and started to play in various tournaments like UUPL and later on Snake and SPL. I could use a bit more practice in this tier though, so I'm looking to get help
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up in the future if:

• You show poor activity over a course of a month (banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You decide during the tutoring round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 6 months)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 3 months)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round(banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist.(banned for 3-6 months)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above can potentially mean a year ban. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

Last edited by a moderator:

Le Don

Jane is my true love
is a Pre-Contributor
Username: Le Don
PS! Username: Don Colombus / Sam Colombus
Your timezone: +1, France
Generation: DPP OU
Usual Hours of Availability: Monday-Friday = 9pm to 12pm, w-e = afternoons and evenings ( Can be different, depends a lot of my homework, but it's fine )

Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: I started playing in March 2020 and I specialized in DPP in September 2020. I laddered a lot between September 2020 and March 2021 but I stopped cause it was tilting me so hard :issou: . I also participated to many tournaments : Winter SSNL, DPP GC, and more recently Summer SSNL where I made top 16 ( R8 ) and many rdm Discord tours.
I want to get better at teambuilding where I struggle a lot ( I'm always using teams from other people, my own teams are ok but too much MU fish I think, I used one of them for SSNL R8 and I lost because I faced a really bad MU G2 but it was my fault for using this ). My ingame is fine but as everyone I still have a lot to learn. I also want to know what is a consistant team in DPP. ( maybe it doesn't exist :paz: ).
PS : I restart laddering and wtf I'm actually enjoying it, Praise DD Tar and CB Gyara.

Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, I can voc without pbs. Le Don#5160.

Last edited:

Haail

very interesting
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: HaaiL
PS! Username: HaaiL
Your timezone: +5.5
Generation: RBY
Usual Hours of Availability: 8-10 hours per day, times varies from day to day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing pokemon around 16 months ago. since then, I've been playing tournaments on smogon a lot. I used to play doubles and some past gen tiers. Some time back, I got into RBY. Since then, I've been playing a lot of it and am looking forward to growing more and more.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

Last edited:
Username: RageAgainstTheMagearna
PS! Username: RageATMagearna
Your timezone: -4
Generation: DPP
Usual Hours of Availability: 5pm-12am weekdays, any time weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Been playing roughly a year and a half with any degree of seriousness. Had a few notable wins in tours here and there but overall feel like I've skipped out on properly learning. I'm looking to get my play to a place where I can consistently perform well rather than my current on-and-off state. I think of all my tiers DPP tends to be the shakiest but it's the one I have the most love for so I'm hoping I can get matched with someone who will help take me from occasional flashes of greatness to a really skilled player :)

Username: Instruct
PS! Username: Instruct
Your timezone: GMT-5
Generation: ADV
Usual Hours of Availability: 2pm to 11pm everyday
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've started playing mons with Gen 7 Monotype, and then played RU for PSPL 8 and a little bit of OU for TPP 2. Took a hiatus from competitive pokemon to code, but then in PSPL 9 I played OU and did spectacular. Currently I'm trying my hand at the national dex formats since I've more or less quit PS development, but I am just disinterested in gen 8 and want to learn a new generation, specifically ADV since it seems the most interesting one to play.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Last edited:

Churielix

I COULD BE BANNED!
Username: Churielix
PO/PS! Username: Churielix
Your Timezone: Gmt-5
Generation: SM
Usual Hours of Availability: 3 pm to 10 pm -5
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokémon (Min. 3 Sentences): I started playing since 2013 but from then on i played for very slow periods until i played for a longer time starting in 2020, which is the longest i've been playing since. I feel like i need a lot to polish myself in SM and on last push would not hurt, i have been continuosly playing that tier for more than 1 year and i think there is a lot to improve.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, Churi#0965

Last edited:
Username: Mendeez
PS! Username: Mendeez
Your timezone: GMT-3
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually always
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i would like to improve my level, learn to analyze the fights, keep calm and be a contribution to the team,i have played different tournaments as dpp, but i havent had the results as i wanted,i would also like to learn to build solid teams, and experience playing styles.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes, Mendez#0332

Last edited:

Elian

Aún creo en esa rumba....
is a Tiering Contributor
Username: Elian-San
PS! Username: Elian-San
Your timezone: GMT -7
Generation: ADV OU
Busy only monday and tuesday
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I play since 2015 when i joined on Pokemon Showdown, to be honest i wasn't interested on competitive, butthe last year i started to play on smogon tournaments, this year i played a lot of tournaments getting better on the time, my best participacion in a tournament was the ADV Seasonal when i lost round 8, that's why i think i should improve more, right now i'm playing in the RoA Olympics and maybe this helps me to have a better perfomance.
Yes
Yes

Username: Jyuux
PS! Username: Jyuux
Your timezone:+2
Usual Hours of Availability: all days from 10:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
I started playing showdown, relatively recently, in which ADV seemed the most striking, besides that I have already been able to play vs players who have a lot of exp in the metagame (and in the last ssnl I reached r9).
Above all I want to improve my way of building and keep calm and be a contribution to my team
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, Jyuu#8516

Sputnik

Bono My Tires are Deceased
is a Contributor to Smogon
Username: Sputnik
PS! Username: Sputnikk
Your timezone: GMT -4/EST (Will change to -7/PST during holidays)
Usual Hours of Availability: Tuesday/Thursday during the day, Friday afternoons, Saturday day, and every weekday except Thursday after 9 PM. Schedule will likely change drastically going into December and beyond due to college class schedule changing/going on break at the time.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I play National Dex OU heavily and have also played SS RU and SM ZU heavily. I don't play in tournaments that much anymore (although I'd like to improve on that front) but I greatly enjoy building and supporting people in team tours in that fashion. Have also dabbled in DPP previously but never really got into it.

Last edited:
Username: RexTheNoName
PS! Username: RexTheNoName
Your timezone: CST
Generation: RBY OU
5:30 PM to 10:00 PM
I began playing Pokemon mid 2020, only playing SS PU., after that I spent the next few months playing SS NFE, and SS ZU. Then I branched out to Old Gens, and have been loving RBY OU since then.
Yep!
Yep!

Username:Juseth Sepulveda
PS! Username:Juseth sepulveda
Your timezone:-4
Generation: SM OU
Usual Hours of Availability: I have all the free time
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):I started playing SM, I played a few tournaments early in SS and you play most of SSNL, I just finished an ORAS OU tutorial
Are you able to use Discord?:Yes, without any problem
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yes

Colteor

Free old gens in WCOP
is a Pre-Contributor
Username: Colteor
PS! Username: Colteor
Your timezone: GMT -3
Usual Hours of Availability
: After 6pm my time on weekdays, all day weekends (free all winter break, gonna have homework that may take priority sometimes, especially next week.)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences)
: I've been playing adv at a decent level since April of this year, improving overtime with more experience in tours/ladder play. Furthest I've gotten in an official tour was r5 of adv summer seasonal I think, and my peak on ladder was 1560. I've also been in some discord tours like adv league where my team won last season (go regis!). I took a bit of a break recently but I'm looking to get back into gear and improve from good to great over the winter break.
Are you able to use Discord?
: yes, Colteor#7761
Do you understand how the blacklist works?
: yes.

Username: PKMN_Red500
PS! Username: PKMN_Red500
Your timezone: EST (USA)
Generation: USUM
(Monday, thursday) 2:40pm-5:00pm, (Tuesday, wednesday, friday) almost anytime (Sat, Sun) anythime before 5:00pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing pokemon since mid XY and I just enjoyed the game at first. Then I realized competitive pokemon was a thing then I started to try and teach myself by battling other players and playing through the previous pokemon games to get a better at battling and type advantage etc. Then I found smogon where its based around competitive pokemon so I got hooked and played PS on the USUM OU format for a couple of years now, and now I just want to get better because I have recently felt stuck and limited to what I can do and learn. Some random fact(s) about me.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes, PKMN_Red#0308
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes.

Last edited:
Username: Philémon
PS! Username: PS! Viktory
Your timezone: GMT+1
Usual hours of availability: Monday: 4PM - 10PM ; Tuesday: all day until 10PM ; Wednesday: 5PM - 10PM ; Thursday: 2PM - 10PM ; Friday: not available ; Weekend: all day but would prefer weekdays if possible.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: I have been playing on and off for several years, the main generations I played were RBY OU (~1550), DPP OU (~1400) and ORAS OU (~1400). I would say I'm decent at the battle side of things, even though I think I could still improve a lot, but I'm also really bad at teambuilding which is something I'd like to do once I can get top 50-100 consistently. The two main gens I want to be good at are DPP (all formats except Ubers) and BDSP (all formats except Ubers).
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, Philémon#6576

Edit 15 May: no longer have time for this

Username
: Coeur7
PS! Username: pearl of exchange
Your timezone: GMT+2
Generation: ADV OU
Usual Hours of Availability: my evenings (6pm-8pm) and weekends (flexibly)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I used to play the various Battle Facilities; if I have any "claim to fame", it's that I more or less made this team which encapsulates everything I don't like about current gens. Played some RBY OU and gen8 Doubles randbats recently to mediocre results (~75% GXE). I'd like to learn ADV; here's the replay of the most recent ADV OU battle I had, where I'm piloting a beginner sample team by pasy_g. That's about all I can do, I'd like to improve at teambuilding in particular, all my teams are bad.

Last edited:
Username: SpectralThief
PS! Username: Faultson
Your timezone: GMT -5
Generation: ADV OU, BW OU
Usual Hours of Availability: All day during the week, weekends only at the afternoon (3pm-9pm)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing almost 2 years ago and fell in love with old gens, but only in ladder or with friends. Now Im trying to take things seriously as I could qualify for Indigo Plateau but didn't show the best of me, specially in ADV and BW.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, Spec#2158
Yes

TDR

No Need to Worry!
is a Pre-Contributor
Username : TDR
PS! Username : TheDarkRising
Your timezone : GMT +5:30
Generation : ORAS OU
Usual Hours of Availability : 8 am - 12 pm (+5.5)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences) : Started playing PS casually since last year before getting into competitive Feb-March this year, so relatively a recent player. Tried out a bunch on tiers but there's none like OU, usually play SS tho i have interest in learning ORAS since it's my favorite gen. I have some experience, playing roa tours and ladder on various alts also have played it in a few team tours. Would love to learn a lot about the tier :)
Are you able to use Discord? : Yes, TDR#5226

Username: Pkmn trainer Rizzo
PS! Username: TrRizzo09
Your timezone: GMT-5
Generation: SM OU
Everyday since 4:00pm (Sundays only in the morning)
I played SM since the tiers released, but now I only can play with xtra ho, I'm not comfortable with any other team and that annoys me, I want to build and play better with other teams and cores in order to improve my skills.
Yes (Rizzo#9074)
Yes

Typical_bastard

Banned deucer.
Username: Typical_bastard
PS! Username: typical_bastard
Your timezone: GMT +5
Generation: ORAS
Usual Hours of Availability: uni considered, 7:30pm-12am GMT +5, but after 17th Jan my uni will end so besides some days on which I have planned something, I should be able to give my utmost to train and learn; as for weekends, 1pm-1am seems reasonable (GMT +5 again)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started pokemon mainly because I had a match against some cocky guy and so I learnt about showdown and grinded SM ou like anything, played a bit of ORAS too coz they weren't that dissimilar, then as I met different players I started to learn more, and in a recent team PL I really felt like I improved a lot and started being intrigued with previous gens, and victory road only helped me become more addicted to the older gens too, I would say I am now quite affluent in gen 1-7 (slightly less affluent in gsc and adv), and would love to learn these team building and the perspective of players so I can go on and play on a bigger platform such as SPL/wcop and the sort
Are you able to use Discord?: yes (typical_bastard#1771)

Requesting Quaze or Dragon Claw as tutor

Last edited:
Username: Sunrose
PS! Username: Sunrose
Your timezone: Gmt-8
Generation: ORAS OU
Usual Hours of Availability: 8pm-4am
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing Doubles OU for 3 years. I love playing pokemon but SS DOU isnt my favorite format and I only get to play old gens during doubles classic so I want to try playing a single tier. I want to experience the same feelings and excitement that singles players get from playing OU. I also have no idea how to build in singles and dont know how to utilize evs since i dont know the metagame and im hoping a tutor can help me out with this.

Username: Plunder
PS! Username: Plunder
Your timezone: GMT +3
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually free between 1pm - 1am
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I Joined PS last year and started to play monotype, I was mainly focused on improving in that tier and this year I was able to play in multiple team tours. I feel like with all the tour experience in mono it’s finally time for me to branch out and focus on another tier and DPP was what interested me especially when laddering.

Username: Y0M1
PS! Username: Y0M1
Your timezone: GMT -5 (EST)
Generation: SM OU, ORAS OU
Usual Hours of Availability: 5-12 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started out in spring of 2020 with SS OU, branched off to play a multitude of diff metas ranging from OMs to Monotype to ND. I'm looking for help because I feel like I should be higher than my current ELO range considering how long and how many matches I've played. I mainly just ladder during most of my time playing as I've been told the best way to get better is to get more practice in.

Username: Lialiabeast
PS! Username: Lialiabeast
Your timezone: GMT +2
Weekdays after 9pm and weekend afternoon-evening
I started playing casually on ladder almost 8 months ago, so I am quite new as a player in general. I was into formats like Monotype and SS OU, but nowadays I stick to LC and old gens (DPP and RBY mostly). This year I started joining some tournaments like DPP Winter SSNL, and I believe I performed quite well for a newcomer. However, I am certain that I still have a lot to learn about the tier, and I want to improve my skills as a player.
Yes (Lialiabeast #2789)
Yes

Username: Alpha1013
PS! Username:Alpha1013
Your timezone : +5.5
Generation : SM OU
Usual hours of availability : usually free between 5 to 10 p.m.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive pokemon :Started out with basic SM OU moved to USUM ag and nat dex ag and found some success there and now moving back to ou , played a lotta games and I think my elo should be a little bit more.
Are you able to use Discord : Yes
Do you understand how blacklist works :Yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)