Apprentice Program Signups: SUMO OU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
assigned to Diophantine

Username: Estronic
PO/PS! Username: Estronic (mainly ladder on ToraRightHere)
Your timezone: GMT -5
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays usually 4:30pm to 9-10pm, weekends vary a lot but usually available the whole day unless I'm going out
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing competitive on and off for a few years, but this year is when I actually started grinding it a lot. I've only focused on OU since it seems to be the most popular one and I'd love to compete in tournaments and other various activities. This year I finally hit above 1500 on the ladder, but I always seem to fall back mid-1400s and plateau from there until I hit 1500 again, and the cycle continues. My main weakness seems to be building teams, since I always find myself building ones with glaring weaknesses I can't ignore, and the team ends up being a mess. I do, however, understand the roles of most OU Pokemon well, in my opinion.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord (CriticalAstra#7825)
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
assigned to Diophantine

Username: Ske Mask The Slump God
PO/PS! Username: Ske Mask
Your timezone: Est
Usual Hours of Availability: after 6:00 P:M from Monday thru Thurday cuz of work after that im free,
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Joined PS late ORAS but started becoming more competitive around earlier this year, I build ok teams but i wanna get better at the battling aspect of the game
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Diophantine agreed to tutor me

assigned to Simia

Username: Alanbitsch
PO/PS! Username: Alanbitsch, Mchamrockz
Your timezone: GMT -3
Usual Hours of Availability: From 8:30 to 10:00 and from 18:30 to 4:00 on the week, basically all day free on weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Well, I have been into Pokemon the last 3 years, but never knew about competitive since last year. Started playing in Pokemon Online, then came to Showdown but never truly learned anything significant. Last 6 months I have been playing a lot of OU and I feel comfortable about how I battle, but my teambuilding skills literally suck. My goal now is to learn how to teambuild, and hope that in the process I improve my battle skills too!
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

ithrowrocksatkids

Banned deucer.
assigned to Jordy

Username:JoJoUWU
PO/PS! Username:JoJoUWU
Your timezone:EST
Usual Hours of Availability:Wednsdays at night all weekend
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Been playing since naga meta. Ive been tutored before its helped a lot id like to get better as a battler and teambuilder. I hope to be able to do well i tours
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:Discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
yes

queso

too cheesy
is a Tiering Contributor
assigned to Aishia

Username: Cheese5555
PO/PS! Username: Cheese555
Your timezone: GMT-8 (pacific)
Usual Hours of Availability: 4pm to 9pm weekdays, 11am-9pm on weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing for a few years now. I've played a lot of ou and lc on ladder. I tend to struggle with building and preserving my wincon.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yup!

hawks1423

I COULD BE BANNED!
assigned to double switches

Username: Hawks1423
PO/PS! Username: Hawks1423
Your timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: 4pm - 1am weekdays, weekend is different on a weekly basis
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Played a lot of pokemon as a kid, just recently got back into it and found out about showdown a few months ago. I've played a good amount of games on showdown, exploring some different formats and settled mainly in OU and randbats. In OU I tend to play really inconsistently and is having trouble getting better, constantly fluctuating between 1300-1500. I've played in some different tourneys from chat rooms and a good amount of ladder games on different accounts but have not played in anything too competitive.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, preferably discord but both will be ok

assigned to Rewer

Nickname:toinha
PS username: toinha
Timezone: gmt -3
Usual hours avaliable: every day, excluding morning time to 7am to 12am and i'm not avaliable attuesdays and thursdays until 19:00 too.
Tell us about your competitive experience in competitive pokemon: I like to play OU so much, and i would like to improve my skills at game. I reached finals at an ORAS ST, and got to the 5th round of OST this year 2, losing to mael, the champion. Excluding that, i don't have so much to talk about me, bcz i'm new at smogon.
Are you able to use either discord or skype?: Yes
Do you know how the blacklist works?: No

Jisoo

two slow dancers last ones out
is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
Username: Watchog
PO/PS! Username: Watchog
Your timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: 6 PM - Midnight but more flexible cos no school
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): hey i play nu and sometimes lc. been around for a bit but have hit a plateau in ou. would appreciate some building & risk management help in ou pls & ty.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord for sure
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yeah

assigned to Aishia

Last edited:
Username: Jho
PO/PS! Username: Offler
Your timezone: GMT + 0
Usual Hours of Availability: Anydays until 3am
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Ive been playing competitively since BW2 mainly in Ubers and OU and recently, CAP. I have some experience getting decently high on the OU ladder (1800~) but have never been able to do well in OU tournaments consistently. I've laddered for a few suspect tests and got reqs and done decently well in tournaments in other tiers so i like to think I'm ok at mons but am looking to improve to a much better level!
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I have both

Jordy agreed to tutor me

Sacred Wings

Banned deucer.
Username: Sacred Wings
PO/PS! Username: Sacred Wings
Your timezone: GMT +5/EST
Usual Hours of Availability: Mornings around 6 am and evenings/afternoon around 5 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Been playing for nearly a year now in nu (lurked in forums before making acc), looking to grasp the ou metagame more, and improve my general skills(teambuilding, prep, etc.) as a whole. I'm not great imo, but im sure this tutoring will help.

assigned to Aishia

Algeria

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~
Username: Algeria
PS! Username: Algeria4Ever
Your timezone: Gmt +1
Usual Hours of Availability: Anytime except during morning.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing in competitively in 2015 and joined Smogon later to be better. I played mostly oldgens like but I want to learn SMOU which looks really fun for a tier with Mawile lol.
I'm not that bad but I really want to progress in this tier.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Only discord

assigned to Simia

Username: khajeetofthewinds
PO/PS! Username: khajeetofthewinds
Your timezone: US EST
Usual Hours of Availability: Anytime in the afternoon, Will change once classes start in January
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I started competitive Pokemon around a year ago after dabbling casually for a little while. I'm not a great player technically but my team building is horrid and I wind up using samples or teams I find from other people, so I'd like to focus on that.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:
Discord (Khajeet#0468)
Yes

Username: Devilican
PO/PS! Username: Ika Ika Musume
Your timezone: GMT
Usual Hours of Availability:
All day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing competitive pokemon for about a year or so, mainly in the battlespot 3v3 scene where I'm probably one of the better players in the scene atm. I'm looking to transfer into some smogon formats essentially because I want to transition into smogon tournament play as currently I can only play about 4 tours a year given my current skillset. I've played I guess about 50 games or so, so I do have a vague idea of how OU works.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord (Ika#4804)

assigned to Charmflash

Username: DIMA
PO/PS! Username: DelveIntoMyAnus
Your Timezone?: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekends and Wednesday’s during the week
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I’ve been playing for a few months now. I’m pretty low ladder but I feel like I have some potential. I’m a decent team builder but I wanna really improve in battles and play in tournaments.
Are you able to use Discord or Skype?: Discord

Username:ismail
PO/PS Username :ismail56/ismailtests
Timezone:GMT
Usual Hours of Availability weekends from 4-10 a bit busy with school stuff although Fridays and Weekends are the best for me
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemo : I have been playing Pokemon since end of bw and never got serious onto smogon untill this year I’m at a ok level but I would like to improve where I am at currently

assigned to Charmflash

Last edited:
Username: Destroy All Stall
PO/PS! Username: Destroy All Stall
Your timezone: AEST Australian Eastern Standard Time
Usual Hours of Availability:
6pm to 12am weekdays, any time weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I started playing OU a few months after the start of SM. I played on an off for a few months at a time over the years and right now I have a decent knowledge of the current metagame. I need to work on things like prediction skills and identifying a wincon.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:
Both
Yes

Username: AngelCWarrior
PO/PS! Username: AngelCWarrior
Your timezone: GMT -5 EST
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually free on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. During the weekdays it would be from 8pm - 12 am.
I first started playing competitively back in gen 6 ORAS and done a few online competitions like the 2016 International Challenge and Johto Classic. During that generation I also have participated in a series of tournaments by a group called Smunchy Games back in 2016, though they don't host Pokemon tournaments anymore and eventually I dropped competitive. I then came back to competitive and attended the 2019 DOU Winter Seasonal and lost but it did give me that fire to want to participate in more challenges here on Smogon in which case I'd like to learn more to get better.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both works. I'm much more active on Discord.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

assigned to RyLon

Username: Weegah
PO/PS! Username: Weegah
Your timezone: GMT+1
Usual Hours of Availability: Anytime
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing competitive since dpp, i played a lot of tournaments and i arrived on a high level on oras ou. I have been out a few years and i want to learn this new metagame and this tier.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both

assigned to Jordy

Username: Nuked
PO/PS! Username: Nuked
Your timezone: PST (GMT -8)
Usual Hours of Availability: all day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Been playing competitively for 2 years and I'm mostly known as a UU player, so I'd like to get better at my second tier, OU. My playing ability is also not the greatest and neither is my teambuilding, so I'd like to improve on both of those. But mostly I'd like to learn the meta a little better and get better at the same time.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes

TPP agreed to tutor me

assigned to TPP

Username: misterioussaint
PO/PS! Username: misterioussaint
Your timezone: gmt -4
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays afternoons
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I know basics, just working on how no to choke a 100 percent win.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works? yes
@RyL#1469 agreed to tutor me

assigned to RyLon

one spot open, american timezones
Username: COLLENGHI
PO/PS! Username: COLLENGHI
Your timezone: (GMT -3)
Usual Hours of Availability: all day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Been playing competitively for 1 year and, I'd like to get better at my first tier, OU, to play champioships. Currently i am playing the OST and a win my fisrt battle. I have a decent knowledge of the current metagame, I watch some youtubers to enlarge my skills.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes

assigned to LL

SilverNote3

formerly the chosen nerd
Username: the chosen nerd
PO/PS! Username: the chosen nerd
Your timezone: CST
Usual hours of availability: Noon to 10 pm, including weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I began dabbling in 2014, but since 2018 I've been taking more effort in improving. Unfortunately, I seem unable to break my upper 1300-lower 1400 purgatory. Things I find myself lacking in are teambuilding (tho I take regular advantage of Trainer Academy, so it has less impact than other issues), predicting, and planning ahead
Are you able to useDiscord or Skype?: Discord

assigned to neomon

Username: lenthi
PO/PS! Username: lenthi
Your timezone: GMT +2
Usual Hours of Availability: 7:30 Am-9:00 12:00-15:00 18:30-21:30 (Mostly all days)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I Have always been a fan of pokemon and pixelmon and I Have played pokemon since I Was 5 years old. I Have never really gotten in to the competitive side of things until 2 years ago isch. While some might rate me as a decent competitive battler on pixelmon I Am for sure not one of the best on Smogon and now when I Have gotten in to things more and started looking at resources a lot more lately, getting in to teambuilding with different cores etc I Have found it really fun. I Would really like a tutor because I Want to gain more experience in battling and I Would like to participate in the smogon tours and other tournaments further on. I Would also like to be one of the top players on Smogon which will be a tough journey and I Know that since many players got years of experience and are really good, but I`m ready to do what it takes. :)
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord Thimonjo/lenthi#6418

assigned to Jordy

Username: SPindaRU
PO/PS! Username: SPindaRU
Your timezone: GMT+1
Usual Hours of Availability: 17:00-22:00 during the week; free on weekends
I always loved the games since DPP but I never really played anything PvP related
Recently got into showdown through /r stunfisk and started out with randbats, started picking up OU since.
I really want to have a better understanding of the tier and learn from more experienced players
Yes

assigned to Diophantine

Username:MellonCaullie
PO/PS! Username:MellonCaullie
Your timezone: Eastern time zone UTC -4:00
Usual Hours of Availability: weekends 12pm-6pm/ Monday,Tuesday, Thursday: 4-8pm / Wednesday, Friday : 4-6pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):I’ve been into compeitive battling for about 3 years now. However Im missing a lot of knowledge from older gens like abilities and speed teirs, and often have trouble building a team and formulating a good set up strategy. I also have need to work on my intuition of predicting moves. I always fall for someone else prediction. And I need to work on calculating damage tools
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:I can us both

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)