(Archive) Small Objective Changes Thread

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The only source for the above I can find is Bulbapedia, which is not 100% reliable. I have posted in the stark research thread asking for ingame confirmation, no one add it to the site until it's been tested.

Edit: This information was added some time ago after ingame confimation, this and the above post can be deleted.

Metagross' Sleep Talk set description: '252 Atk Adamant Lucario + 1 Swords Dance + Life Orb Close Combat vs 252 (no mention of HP) / 165 Def = 86.81% - 102.47% (15.38% of OHKO)...252 Atk Adamant Gyarados + Life Orb Earthquake vs 252 Hp / 165 Def = 79.67% - 93.96% (2HKO)'

http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue6/uber_metagame

the first latias paragraph goes:

Like Latios, Latias’ usage too has slightly increased over the past few months. With Blissey’s usage very, very slowly dripping downwards, and Wobbuffet still lingering around in the top 10, some players choose Latias as their Kyogre stopper over it instead of Choice Scarf Palkia. Her good base 110 Speed and impressive Special Attack and Special Defense stats help her be strong both offensively and defensively.(some comment needed to be added after that bit as how it was it was just stating something without going anywhere, obviously how you finish it off is up to you, I've put in an idea.) Because offensive teams don’t prepare much for Latios and Latias nowadays, these Pokémon can really be a nuisance to them. Judging by her top-five teammates, Latias appears mostly in stall-based teams.
o_O

http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/uber_battling

Other Ubers

Arceus
Sporting a base 120 in every single stat, plus a ton of moves to choose from, Arceus could be anything. It gets Recover, Will-O-Wisp, Roar and more in the defensive side, and so many physical and special moves that it is impossible to mention a quarter of them in this little sentence. It can Swords Dance to boost its attack, and Calm Mind to boost its special attack. It has Multitype to become of any type it wants. To make long things short,

eric the espeon

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Fixed Dark Talon's (and a ton of other things while I was editing). UD's one has been fixed for some time. I also applied the Damp addition suggested by Champagne after ingame confirmation in the research thread.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Someone had it in their sig, but I have not seen it mentioned in this thread, so it should probably be brought up.
In rotom-h's analysis it says underneath the Team options section (third paragraph)
The Tyranitar and Rotom-H combination actually resists every type in the game.
They miss out on resistances to water, grass, electric, ice, rock and dragon iirc.

Komodo

Huff
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Someone had it in their sig, but I have not seen it mentioned in this thread, so it should probably be brought up.
In rotom-h's analysis it says underneath the Team options section (third paragraph)

They miss out on resistances to water, grass, electric, ice, rock and dragon iirc.
I fixed this by adding the word "almost". However, you say this combo miss out on Rock- and Electric-type moves. This is untrue since Tyranitar has a resistance to Rock and Rotom-H has a resistance to Electric.

Edit - oops, it was only Electric :S

eric the espeon

I fixed this by adding the word "almost". However, you say this combo miss out on Rock- and Electric-type moves. This is untrue since Tyranitar has a resistance to Rock and Rotom-H has a resistance to Electric.
Rock/Dark does not resist Rock, unless I'm missing something? 12/17 (~70%) is arguably not even "almost every type", though they do have pretty decent defensive synergy especially with no shared weaknesses.

Cradily Analysis

Second paragraph of the "Opinion" section:

Although Underused is Cradily's preferred environment, the abundance of physical Fighting-types really hurts it. That being said, the sweeper sets can still wreck even well-prepared teams when set up properly. The Curse sets do not translate quite so well to Overused, however, as the immediate threats to it are more powerful and popular. Scizor, Metagross, Lucario, and Jirachi not only threaten Cradily with their super effective attacks and physical prowess, but also resist both of Cradily's STAB moves. Ultimately, sweeping may still be worth a shot, but there are many more hoops to jump through to allow Cradily to set up, and even when it does, it may not be enough.
Scizor does not resist Rock. You can simply remove "Scizor" from the list of Pokemon, or rephrase the statement as such:

Scizor, Metagross, Lucario, and Jirachi not only threaten Cradily with their super effective attacks and physical prowess, but the latter three also resist both of Cradily's STAB moves.

eric the espeon

Whistle actually fixed that on SCMS yesterday (slightly different approach, but solved the problem), and mingot just cached it.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/tyranitar

In the EV section, towards the middle:

A Jolly nature is acceptable to outspeed minimum Speed Rotom-A and max Speed Scizor, though the loss of power is noticable versus Skarmory. Choice Specs follows a similar distribution set, except you'd obviously want Special Attack over Attack and a Calm nature instead of Careful. A Jolly nature is viable if you wish to outspeed most defensive Rotom-A and Adamant Scizor.
Jolly is mentioned twice. Since the second one comes after the bit about Choice Specs, I'm assuming that the second Jolly was supposed to be Timid.

Cyrrona

starlet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I've just got a couple assorted things I've noticed recently. On Suicune's page under the Subcune set, there is a typo:

Subcune Set Description said:
Both Suicune will welcome Wish support, as Substitutes, residual damage, and damage taken while switching in on an attacking move all wear it quickly enough, and without Wish, it cannot come in and repeatedly attempt to seep.
The bolded word should be sweep, I believe. I'd also recommend adding down after wear it. I'd personally rephrase the ending to clean up some commas, but that's not really a typo so this doesn't seem like the place to suggest that.

I came across another browsing through the Mantyke analysis:

Agility Sweeper Set Description said:
Having a Ghost-type like Misdreavus on your team can help this problem greatly as Fake Out does not affect Croagunk and they can set up on Sucker Punch.
I'm pretty sure the bolded word was intended to be Misdreavus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)