ASB Council - VOTING CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Well, it has been a wild first term for the ASB Council, & after six months, the term will come to an end on the 9th of May. This means that we need to start getting applicants for the second ASB Council, whose term runs from May to November. Read the quote.

Texas Cloverleaf in the original Council Thread said:
The goal and purpose of the ASB council will be to provide a body of ASB users that can rationally, quickly and efficiently judge and implement ideas proposed for ASB, without having to defer to one of the heads of the game for approval. In essence, ASB is moving to a more autonomous state. While the council will inform Deck Knight should any major game altering changes be considered, in all other matters the Council will have the authority to decide and implement changes.

While, part of this thread’s purpose is for information, it is also important for application. The other purpose of this thread will be for members of the community to apply for positions among the ASB Council, planned to contain 7 members for authority. Applicants must fulfill three criteria:
  • Activity: Applicants must be consistently active in ASB. Applicants must utilise irc for the purpose of communication with fellow councilmen. Applicants must not be users prone to leaving on frequent, unannounced breaks.
  • Longevity: Applicants must have been involved with ASB for a lengthy duration of time. This duration of time is arbitrary, but important. In essence, we want council member to have an understanding of the history of ASB. If you joined ASB only recently, do not expect to be chosen.
  • Knowledge: This is a critical criterion. Applicants must be knowledgeable about the mechanics of ASB, and about balance and so forth. This can be demonstrated in various ways, including battling prowess. One must have a concept of balance in ASB, and must be rational and level-headed in such matters.

If you believe you fulfill the above criteria to a high degree, you may apply for a position on the ASB council. In order to apply, you must post in this thread indicating your wish to be a part of the council. In your post / application, you are expected to explain why you believe you are a suitable choice for the ASB council, and why the council selectors should consider you for the position.
Okay, so out of the applicants, seven users will form the next council. Current members of the council can choose to re-apply if they wish, & voting will consist of a PM to a user not yet known when the applications finish. Anyone can vote.

Applications last 72 hours. Since I will almost certainly be afk in 72 hours time, someone else will have to close & initiate the PM vote instead. Otherwise, time for applications to open.

Also, Mibbit link to get onto irc, should you not already know how: http://chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23c...irc.synirc.net

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Reapplying for the post of ASB Council Member

In the previous instance of the ASB Council I became a part of it after C$FP went inactive and was removed from the council. I was then selected to join the council by the remaining council members, showing that I had the esteem of six of ASB's best users. In the time that I served on the council I participated in every non-trivial discussion and was active in my role of facilitator and decision maker. I was an active participant in most discussions and ensured that my decisions and ideas were accurate when posting and when voting on slates. Comments were made several times about how my general mindset fell in line with the majority of ASB.

In short, I feel like I served an effective and successful term on the ASB Council in its past iteration.

Since that time I have become the Dragon Gym leader and advanced to the Silver Pike demonstrating my continuing improvement of my battling skills. I am as active as nearly anyone (except Birkal cause he's cray) in ASB and have been since last August. Somewhat akin to my battling skill I have a large knowledge base about ASB and also its history.
edit:
iar said:
I have project moderators on this forum. I have halfop's on the #capasb channel.
^slipped my mind but applies to me too

tl;dr, vote for me for re-election to the ASB council.

Hello fellow peoples of ASB! My name is SubwayJ and I shall be applying for the new ASB council! :3

Activity:
Throughout my duration here in Anime Style Battling I have been always fairly active posting quickly in most of my battles and reffings. Overall, I had one long hiatus of around 2-3 months, during which I tried to read up about what had been happening to always keep myself informed and knowledgeable for when I came back. I am usually on IRC and forums daily, and engage in discussion frequently when I am not preoccupied with real-life activities. Mostly, I believe I would be quite ready and active if I were elected to council, to address and assist any issues brought up.

Longevity:
I joined ASB in the middle of last February, meaning I've been around for about 1 year and 2 months (or a year if you take away my hiatus). At the time I joined, ASB was settling down last major changes from when it had started a year earlier. I have, throughout my year here, seen some major and some minor changes to ASB giving me fair knowledge on how things were, are and could be. In conclusion, I believe I will provide a newer, fresher look to council from a less-of-a-veteran perspective.

Knowledge:
I always seek to learn new information about the workings of ASB. I'll admit I am not the most knowledgeable member in the forums at the moment, however my qualifications (and therefore knowings) have been consistently rising showing how I know my way around Anime Style Battling.
I have proven my battling as of late, with a recent acceptance into TLR reffing, showing that I can hold my own in a battle as well.
Altogether I may not be the most talented or knowing member of ASB, but I am always seeking to learn and improve both my skills and knowledge, as well as that of others.
--------------------------------------

So that's my shot for council I guess! Pick me, don't pick me, its up to you. But if I do get elected, I look forward to making ASB an even better place to enjoy!

Stratos

Banned deucer.
  • Activity: Applicants must be consistently active in ASB. Applicants must utilise irc for the purpose of communication with fellow councilmen. Applicants must not be users prone to leaving on frequent, unannounced breaks.
I'm more likely to join my local ASBers Anonymous chapter than I am to disappear unexpectedly.

• Longevity: Applicants must have been involved with ASB for a lengthy duration of time. This duration of time is arbitrary, but important. In essence, we want council member to have an understanding of the history of ASB. If you joined ASB only recently, do not expect to be chosen.
I've been here since Feb 2012.

• Knowledge: This is a critical criterion. Applicants must be knowledgeable about the mechanics of ASB, and about balance and so forth. This can be demonstrated in various ways, including battling prowess. One must have a concept of balance in ASB, and must be rational and level-headed in such matters.
This here is the kicker. I hope there's not any doubt that I have a significant capability on the battlefield, since I basically played two and a half games at once two rounds in a row to win my team the Team Tournament. I believe, from discussions on IRC, that there are a lot of people who agree with my policies regarding ASB. Namely, I think that if the system isn't broke, we shouldn't fix it. However, I'm not opposed to smaller changes that do good for ASB. The hard sell is that I can be rational and level-headed—well, I've no doubt that I can be very rational about policy decisions. But I'm not going to lie; if you've ever been on IRC, you'll see I can quickly become pretty teed off when arguing with someone. I can promise no more than to try to keep calm when discussing things that set me off (ie counterfarming), but more importantly than that, the approach I take to ASB policy pretty much mandates that anything which could cause such animosity is basically going to be downvoted for being too large a change. I hope you'll consider me in this election.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
I guess I should re-apply...

Hi, I am Its_A_Random, a.k.a., the idiotic conservative who polarised users with no decay Swoobat/Serperior/Volbeat paranoia, a by-round UC payout system that many users felt as if it was the equivalent of signing up for a maths class, & well, someone who was bothered enough to move anything with enough demand from feedback to discussion.

Activity: Well, I have never had a true hiatus throughout my ASB Career to speak of, the longest being a one week absence back in December. So, it is fairly safe to say that my activity is very high on this forum, lol.

Longevity: I have been around since like, the second week of ASB, with no real hiatus. So, it is fairly safe to say that I have pretty much seen it all from Sub Classes to Sig Moves to 100% Confusion Rate Chatter to Stat Boosters. Longevity is, well, yeah. Something I have.

Knowledge: As someone who has served a term on the Council, it is pretty safe to say I know a lot about the game. I have project moderators on this forum. I have halfop's on the #capasb channel. I am the Ground Gym Leader. I am a qualified TLR, Battle Subway, Gym, & Battle Pike referee. I have conquered a TLR, namely, Rock Crag. I am also known to be the mastermind behind the Ruined Eden TLR series. I have also managed to conquer the Silver Pike, won six different raids—CoTNM, CoTHM, WGNM, CPNM, CoTNM w/ Altar, SDHM—I have also reffed a lot of matches & have participated in a lot of battles. I also took over the ASB Team Tournament from Flamestrike from when he disappeared, & managed to get it done, albeit, not in a controversy-free way.
In terms of policy shit, however, I have been known to not exactly be the most level-headed user in discussions (more blunt than level-headed to be precise), what I strive to do is attempt to create a game-state where everything could be viable, but nothing would be broken. I care about game balance & have taken a harsh & conservative stance towards power creep. I have also been known to oppose rational nerfing to satisfy buffing because of my values. As for other things, well, yeah. It depends on how necessary it is. I have been active in terms of moving things to votes or discussions, & have been known to help keep ASB Policy rolling through this manner, although I doubt it counts for anything.

So to make a long story short, I hope you consider someone like me for the Council due to experience, knowledge, & well, yeah.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Time to throw my hat in the ring, I guess... Helo, I'm ZhengTann (or Zt for short) and I'm here to apply for a position in the second term of the ASB Council.

Activity: Ever since I joined ASB last June, my activity levels have only increased, to the point that the growth rate is fulfilling the law of diminishing returns (i.e. I am starting to spend time on ASB just doing nothing after finishing all of my obligations). I am active both on the forums and on IRC - in fact, my... unique timezone grants me the opportunity to meet and interact with most other active ASB-ers right in their time - either I'd be up with EST-ers while they spend their late nights, or I'm with the Australians right before they turn in and tuck in, with the GMT-ers coming and going in between throughout the very same day. It basically turns me into someone who's usually talking with one ASB-er or another whenever I'm on. Sometimes IRL events may compel me to take Internet leave, but those occurrences happen sporadically and are announced well in advance.

Longetivity: Being on ASB for at least a year (or even more) is a feat many can still boast, but I wasn't just "being here" - I hope the depth of my participation is able to speak for itself. I have witnessed the conception of the ASB Council, participated actively in Policy discussions (even during the time before the subforum is formed, on IRC with the current Councillors), and had even been a vocal support behind some ideas that were finally implemented in ASB throughout the first term of the ASB Council. Despite my (relatively) shorter length of activity in ASB, I've had some insights to the ASB history that even some veterans of ASB have not been privy to, due to certain discussions with the ancient ASB-ers such as IAR and dogfish.

Knowledge: I have served ASB more in the capacity of a referee than a battler, and that, more than anything else, exposed me to the multiple facets of ASB - from mechanics to the community. I'm a qualified referee in Battle Hall and the Gym League, and I've reffed extensively in Battle Tower even before I recieved my qualifications. Aside from that, my battling record of over 60% victory rate doesn't just happen by itself.

I believe that balance in ASB can be achieved through diversity, that we can attempt to explore uncharted territory to find out what works good and what works better. Yes, not everything need be viable as long as nothing is broken - but I also think that there is no harm in debating the possibilities of enhancing an overlooked mechanic to promote diversity in ASB. I am interested in not just the game mechanics, but the philosophy behind the foundation of ASB, and I hope that it is possible to integrate it into policy to create a long-standing base of principles for the whole forum.

I am known to have a very clear mind when it comes to discussion, often starting out with a solidly constructed argument, but at the same time open to feedback and willing to modify my ideas to suit the demands of the community. When it comes to debate, I can detach myself emotionally from the argument - to the point that I can attempt to calm the fires without having to resort to moderating powers (which I do without). While I might sometimes resign myself to "agree to disagree" with people who held opposing views, more often than not I'd rather pursue the matter until both parties can come to a give-and-take middle ground.

So, I hope that you'd consider me for the Council, and I believe I have what it takes to facilitate a more efficient, diverse environment in ASB. Good luck to all other applicants as well ^_^

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Activity: Applicants must be consistently active in ASB. Applicants must utilise irc for the purpose of communication with fellow councilmen. Applicants must not be users prone to leaving on frequent, unannounced breaks.

I'm an IRC hOP on #capasb, and have the largest log of text from way back to day 1. I'm also an active Gym Leader, and current council member. If I'm ever away it has always been announced.

===

Longevity: Applicants must have been involved with ASB for a lengthy duration of time. This duration of time is arbitrary, but important. In essence, we want council member to have an understanding of the history of ASB. If you joined ASB only recently, do not expect to be chosen.

I'm going to make a wild guess that joining on day 1 and then becoming stuck like glue to ASB is considered being around for long enough.

===

Knowledge: This is a critical criterion. Applicants must be knowledgeable about the mechanics of ASB, and about balance and so forth. This can be demonstrated in various ways, including battling prowess. One must have a concept of balance in ASB, and must be rational and level-headed in such matters.

I believe my past votes speak louder from me on this, but I do have a fair sense of balance, as well as a sharp knowledge of battling, demonstrated through a variety of sources. Notably I'm a gold rank Pike Ref, Gym Leader, TLR Ref, and well known Raider. I have also been asked directly for information, and can normally provide assistance if there is a problem.
When it comes to policy, I generally dislike change without justification, but a well argued case should persuade me. I also dislike complexity, and this will often be noticeable in my votes - fixing a system in a way that requires a diploma to understand is not going to do anyone any favours.

Activity: Applicants must be consistently active in ASB. Applicants must utilise irc for the purpose of communication with fellow councilmen. Applicants must not be users prone to leaving on frequent, unannounced breaks.

I think my IRC activity may not have been as bright as some of the other members, but I believe it is still acceptable. As for my overall activity, I think I've been pretty consistent insofar, especially as far as avoiding breaks goes.

===

Longevity: Applicants must have been involved with ASB for a lengthy duration of time. This duration of time is arbitrary, but important. In essence, we want council member to have an understanding of the history of ASB. If you joined ASB only recently, do not expect to be chosen.

I've been involved with ASB since the very beginning, and I never have been on a hiatus. My involvement ranged from active battling, to reffing, to RPing and so on.

===

Knowledge: This is a critical criterion. Applicants must be knowledgeable about the mechanics of ASB, and about balance and so forth. This can be demonstrated in various ways, including battling prowess. One must have a concept of balance in ASB, and must be rational and level-headed in such matters.

I may not be the most active battler out there, but I believe my position as a Gym Leader, as well as Raid referee (not to mention my forays into RP facilities such as Hall and TLR) can make my perspective useful for the council as a whole. While I've often been on the minority side of many votes and arguments, I can vouch for several good contributions as well (naturally, depending on the point of view of others on these, of course^^).

Well, here is my application folks!

I literally get on IRC everyday, and check smogon nearly daily. Whether its for 5 minutes or 5 hours, I maintain daily IRC activity. I have only been on two "Hiatuses" in my asb career, both due to family accidents IRL, and both resolved in under a month (I also let everyone know about them). I quickly came back and got into the old rhythm of things. AND I was still able to pop in every 3 days or so on IRC during those times.

Heheh, My 2 year ASB Anniversary is May 13 or 14th, in about a week. I participated in the 1st ever ASB tourney, I remember when Gengar was a HUGE threat, and I can recall the always handy "If special/physical move, use Mirror Coat/Counter" subs. I think that gives you the picture that I've been here for quite a deal of time. I've seen ASB change and grow, and it's been quite a pleasure.

For most of my ASB career i've been the guy that progresses very slowly. If you look at my pokemon and compare them to others that have been here as long as me, there's a large difference (also there are folks a year into ASB with more built teams, but I digress). However, I have proven my worth in ASB. Around fall last year I was made a TLR-Ref, as well as an Approver. Both jobs are offered to only those that are knowledgeable and trustworthy. Also, to this date I am the following:

-Gym Committee Member
-Gym Referee
-Battle Hall Referee
-Battle Arcade Referee
-Silver Rank Pike Referee

I continue to work my hardest and hope that I can help out even more with more important positions. As for Battle experience, I have over 50 wins under my belt, and have at times used very creative (albeit debatable) strategies regarding flavor actions to score my victories. I have a very formidable Ice Team, and I am currently fighting for my place to be the Ice Gym Leader.

Now, I would like to address a fact that most regular users like to point out recently (in the cases of Akela and Pwnemon most prominently, rudely belittle me): I have been late to update. My battles and reffings have been coming in slower the past thirty or so days, and this last week has been very much so. The Ultimate Showdown has gone down to being reffed almost once a month (Oh yeah, did i mention I created and am running a 35 person melee with 19 different arena? with the next biggest thing in asb history a 13 person on a single stage?), and I apologize. This semester of college has been very rough, what with harder classes and my Theater Productions to worry about. Life has also been throwing curve balls at me from left to right recently, and this paragraph might make you not want to vote for me. "Oh, he's late all the time, he's not a good candidate!". Well, I do have good news: My finals end next wednesday, meaning i'm practically free. Everything should pick up to normal levels, and I will be the on time and speedy Glacier I used to be (I will admit, recently I have been living up to my namesake, and being slow as all get out).

I hope you all can see that although I have my flaws (And its funny how everyone likes to point them all out), I believe I am qualified for a Council Position. I very much care about this thing we have going, and I want to make it as fun and interesting as possible.

Also, I'm pretty damn lovable. Glacier 2013, Cheers~

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Activity
I'm pretty active, if constant refereeing and battling counts as activity (it does!). Unfortunately I can't guarantee that I'll always be here like some other people can but in the past two years I've always notified everyone that would be affected by my absence if I was going to be inactive for a week or so.

I have projmods in the subforum, hops on IRC, and a Gym position.

Longevity
I've been part of the reffing and battling scene for over two years; I've occasionally gone on breaks but generally I've maintained some activity even then.

There's really not much else to put in this section.

Knowledge
I think being an accepted referee in pretty much everything there is (Gym, all RPs) should count for something and is a testament to familiarity with ASB mechanics. I've also been asked on IRC several times for clarifications, and if something isn't clear I normally go on PO or PS! to test it. I'd like to think that I have a decent sense of balance and possess a fairly rational mind.

I'm not a fan of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it;" I think that change should be welcome so long as it's justified, not over-the-top (e.g. Splash), and cool in concept. By not perpetuating the adage I think it's possible to save time, debating whether the proposition is better than the current system directly instead of having to think about whether or not the current system has flaws first.

OK, let's do this.

When I applied for the position of council member the first time, I had been around for more than 1.5 years. It was enough back then, so I expect more than that would be enough by now. Furthermore, while my battling and reffing activity has gone down a bit, I am still around on IRC pretty much all the time. My knowledge of ASB mechanics was good enough for me first time around and it has only increased during my time as a council member, to the point where I have even been able to add a script onto Onion_Bubs that can explain certain frequently-asked-about mechanics to people.

As far as policy goes, I want ASB to be a system in which nothing is broken, no rules or mechanics can be abused, anything that is found to be broken or abusable is fixed completely, anything that can be suitably improved is suitably improved, stuff makes logical sense, and eventually (though probably not in this lifetime) I want us to run out of things to improve. As wonderful as simplicity is, I will favour a complex solution over a simple one if the complex one produces better results.

Activity:
Admittedly, I just returned from a long (relatively) unannounced break. However, for most of the year I do not have these issues, and that was by far the lengthiest I have taken. I tend to be on relatively frequently, although the recent months have taken their toll due to poor planning and bigger time commitments.

Longevity:
First page of the Reg Tower. I have been active for most of that time.

Knowledge:
If failure is the best way to learn, I have learned more than almost anyone else here. Joking aside, I was an incredibly active gym ref for some time and have knowledge of most mechanics. I've mellowed out a bit since the early days of the game, and have a lot of knowledge about the evolving policies of the game. I tend to dislike proposals that inject complexity for a minor benefit. I keep my mind open to new ideas, but tend to approach them with healthy skepticism.

Frosty

=_=
I didn't intend to do this, but eh. whatever.

Activity:
Aside from the one year hiatus I was on at some point and the random work-and-family-related periods of low activity (such as now), I tend to be very active. Every day I check here and ever other day I ref stuff. Activity has been lower than usually in the last weeks, due to work and stuff, but the normal me checks here often and is on the IRC equally often, even though I don't talk very much.

Longevity:
I joined in May 2011, back when ASB was still a child, then left on September as I started a new job and had life changes that took away most of my free time. I returned in August/September 2012 (lurked a bit on the meanwhile) and am active ever since.

Knowledge:
When I came back, I had a hard time catching up, but I think managed to overcome that for the most part. I reffed most of the recent Gym Challenges, many Pike Challenges, a HLM and a gazillion matches on a regular basis. I have one badge and trying out for other two (which doesn't mean that I will get them lol). My win/loss on serious and semi-serious matches ratio is pretty good if that counts for anything and...stuff. Really, I hate to speak about myself and go "I am this" and "I know that". Go with what you think of me here.

As for policy and whatever, I can sum it up as: "let people be" and "if ain't broke, don't fix it". For me the council should only act to repair stuff that are seriously broken. New stuff or frivolous changes should be avoided, unless they are REALLY necessary and REALLY make sense.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Just a reminder that you have 12 Hours before Sign-ups close. When voting begins, please send your vote via PM to user: Elevator Music.

Each user who wishes to vote—who must have an ASB Account—must send EM their vote. The vote consists of a PM ballot with the seven different users they wish to see on the council with one user per line. Each user they wish to vote must be bolded. Each user can only submit one vote. A sample ballot would consist of this:
[BOX]Dogfish44
Objection
Engineer Pikachu
Elevator_Music
Its_A_Random
zarator
C$FP
[/BOX]
The Voting period starts on the 6th of May 12:30 AM GMT, & lasts for 48 hours. After which, the results will be posted (All voting ballots will be posted, but the users who made them will be unknown). You may provide reasoning, but the reasoning will not be bolded. Otherwise, Happy voting!

I will repeat, however, Sign-ups close 12 hours from now.

Cheers!
Its_A_Random

Okay, might as well throw my hat in.

Activity
I've been active on ASB for over two years now, with no hiatus' involved. In that time I have battled, refereed, RPed and everything else inbetween. I'm on these forums more or less every day. One knock on me could be my lack of IRC presence but I believe this does not hamper my ability to properly discuss or understand the workings of ASB.

Longevity
Like I said, I've been around here for over two years now. I've seen RPs grow and develop including being one of the first TLR referees. I've seen stat systems change, substitutions become codified and combinations properly developed. There isn't much that's been going on here I haven't witnessed.

Knowledge
I have more than a working knowledge of all facets of ASB. As a referee for almost every facility (including Raids) and having been fairly successful competing in this facilities myself (especially Raids). As far as policy goes I'm very much a conservative. I do not believe in changes just for the fun of it and am in favour of the heavily codified nature of our current game as opposed to leaving it to player or referee interpretation.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
In case anyone missed it, Council Sign-Ups are closed, & voting for the Second ASB Council opened 7 hours ago; you have 41 hours left to vote. Everyone who applied is your choice of options. Remember to include exactly seven members in your slate, & ummm... yeah, remember to send your vote to Elevator Music. Thanks to all who applied or re-applied.

Cheers!
Its_A_Random

engedit: list of candidates

[box]Texas Cloverleaf
SubwayJ
Pwnemon
Its_A_Random
ZhengTann
Dogfish44
zarator
Glacier Knight
Engineer Pikachu
Objection
Rediamond
MK Ultra
Frosty
deadfox081
[/box]

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Voting ends in 12 hours from now, so if you have not sent your PM Vote to Elevator Music yet, you are running out of time. Your vote can decide who gets on the council & who does not, after all.

Pwnemon
Its_A_Random
Dogfish44
Glacier Knight
Engineer Pikachu
ZhengTann
Texas Cloverleaf
Its_A_Random
ZhengTann
Dogfish44
Glacier Knight
Objection
Frosty
deadfox081
Its_A_Random
Dogfish44
Glacier Knight
Engineer Pikachu
zarator
Pwnemon
SubwayJ
Frosty
Objection
Pwnemon
Glacier Knight
Dogfish44
Engineer Pikachu
deadfox081
Texas Cloverleaf
Its_A_Random
Dogfish44
zarator
Engineer Pikachu
Objection
Frosty
Frosty
Engineer Pikachu
Its_A_Random
Dogfish44
Pwnemon
SubwayJ
Texas Cloverleaf
ZhengTann
Glacier Knight
Frosty
deadfox081
Engineer Pikachu
Pwnemon
Its_A_Random
Pwnemon
Dogfish44
Frosty
SubwayJ
MK Ultra
Rediamond
Its_A_Random
Dogfish44
Its_A_Random
Frosty
Objection
Engineer Pikachu
ZhengTann
Pwnemon
Texas Cloverleaf
Its_A_Random
Glacier Knight
Objection
Engineer Pikachu
SubwayJ
Dogfish44
Its_A_Random
zarator
Dogfish44
Engineer Pikachu
Glacier Knight
Objection
MK Ultra
zarator
Glacier Knight
MK Ultra
Frosty
Objection
Its_A_Random
Dogfish44
MK Ultra
Pwnemon
Glacier Knight
Engineer Pikachu
Objection
Texas Cloverleaf
Dogfish44
Its_A_Random
Engineer Pikachu
Objection
Dogfish44
Texas Cloverleaf
Frosty
deadfox081
deadfox081
Frosty
Its_A_Random
zarator
Rediamond
Dogfish44
Engineer Pikachu
Pwnemon
Its_A_Random
Dogfish44
zarator
Glacier Knight
Objection
Frosty
MK Ultra
Frosty
SubwayJ
Its_A_Random
ZhengTann
Dogfish44
zarator
Texas Cloverleaf
Its_A_Random
Dogfish44
Objection
Frosty
deadfox081
Pwnemon
Its_A_Random
Objection
Dogfish44
Engineer Pikachu
ZhengTann
zarator
deadfox081
Its_A_R&om
Glacier Knight
Dogfish44
Texas Cloverleaf
SubwayJ
Pwnemon
zarator
Texas Cloverleaf
Pwnemon
Its_A_Random
Dogfish44
zarator
Objection
SubwayJ
Texas Cloverleaf
SubwayJ
Its_A_Random
ZhengTann
Dogfish44
Glacier Knight
Engineer Pikachu
Its_A_Random
ZhengTann
SubwayJ
Glacier Knight
Engineer Pikachu
Objection
Rediamond
Its_A_Random
ZhengTann
Dogfish44
zarator
Engineer Pikachu
Objection
deadfox081
Its_A_Random
Dogfish44
zarator
Glacier Knight
Engineer Pikachu
Objection
MK Ultra
Totals:
Its_A_Random: 23
Dogfish44: 23
Engineer Pikachu: 17
Objection: 16
Glacier Knight: 14
Frosty: 13
Pwnemon: 12
zarator: 12
-------
Texas Cloverleaf: 10
SubwayJ: 9
ZhengTann: 9
deadfox081: 8
MK Ultra: 6
Rediamond: 3

There's a tie for 7th between Pwnemon and zarator.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A disappointing result personally, I honestly expected to receive a far higher percentage of the vote based on merit but shit happens.

Good luck to the six councilmen presently selected and to the iteration of the council ahead. The veterans will certainly keep us on track.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
"Hooray"

But in all seriousness, this is going to be a pretty messy & controversial process, since the constitution when written up never accounted for the case of a tie... Do not get me wrong, Pwne & zar are both pretty solid users & their opinions will be valuable for the council, but either a six member or an eight member is not exactly practical either, since 3-3 or 4-4 tie votes are possible, meaning Deck's intervention to decide is more or less more necessary. It may be a good thing, idk, but the bottom line is... Looks like the six of us who made it on—or the current seven—have to work something out... And that an official way to break those ties for elections—if at all—needs to be implemented -.-'

That aside, thanks to all who voted, grats on those that made it & commiserations to those that fell short. The results were pretty surprising—not what I expected—to be honest, & here is to a messy process... *Ugh* -.-'

But yeah, watch this space for any further developments to this tie.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The 7 Councillors of the first term probably casted their votes in the ballot already, so it probably wasn't the best of ideas to revote or decide internally in any case - y'know, transparency and stuff.

------------------------------

<Birkal> just expand it to 9 seats :)
Well, having a larger portion of the community isn't a bad idea - Texas is placed 9th and tied to none. Personally I'd think Tex is a solid choice, and efficiency shouldn't prove much of an issue with one more Councillor (not with the likes of IAR to move things along and Glacier to slow it down ^_^).

---------------------------------------

<Zt> If 7 seats already encountered a vote-tie during an IRV once (it was Evasive actions combo, IIRC), then what difference would 8 seats make?
Granted, it will be much more common, but yeah, I suppose 8 would work. I'd rather have 8 over 6 because the larger Council is, the better it can represent the community (with efficiency in mind).

----------------------------------

Deck Knight holds ultimate veto power over any action that the Council takes, and continues to operate as Word of God.
When there's a tie, call Deck Knight? This would probably be the simplest solution - though preference bias of a single user, or in this case, deity, is still slightly controversial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)