Data ASB Feedback & Game Issues Thread - Mk III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
This is the main thread for communication with Council Members outside of IRC. This is the spiritual successor to the old State of the Game, and is accessible to any player.

Ground Rules:

• Be respectful. Posts that are found insulting, demeaning, or otherwise fail to contribute to a respectful dialog will be deleted. Repeat offenders WILL be infracted.
  • Minimise the amount of time spent off-topic. If there are several active proposals, it would help if those proposals were concluded.
  • Before bringing up an issue, please look through the rest of the thread to make sure that your suggestion hasn't been made earlier or your issue has not already been addressed. Also ensure that you are not simply asking a question - we have a Simple Question, Simple Answer thread or the IRC for that.

Now then, as for the actual proposal of ideas. When you have an idea, you'll want to post it. Give it a short name, and describe the proposal concisely. An example could be:

Aqua Ring

I believe that Aqua Ring is underpowered at the moment. I propose that we make the duration infinite.
That is it. Any user can make a proposal, and the proposal can be either be vague (There is something wrong with X, can we please fix it somehow?), an open discussion (I believe that we can fix Y with either A or B, can we discuss?) or a full proposal (I think that we should implement Z).

A council member can open discussion on the topic if they feel it is warranted - the council member will post a link to this new discussion in a post in feedback. A council member can also create a discussion thread without going through feedback, if they so desire.

Please note that when a proposal is moved through, the discussion might not inherently focus on that single proposal, but the entire aspect of the problem the proposal wishes to solve.

If an idea ever has a discussion thread created for it, it will go through the voting process eventually.

Current Council Members:
deadfox081
dogfish44
Maxim
Texas Cloverleaf
ZhengTann

Roleplay Committee:
Dogfish44
Frosty
Maxim

Gym Committee:
Dogfish44
Frosty
Texas Cloverleaf

Previous Threads
ASB Feedback & Game Issues Thread - Mk I
ASB Feedback & Game Issues Thread - Mk II

Last edited by a moderator:

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Constitution implemented as of 3rd of June 2014.

The ASB Constitution:

The aim of the Anime Style Battling Council is to rationally, quickly and efficiently judge and implement proposed for ASB by the larger ASB Community. It aims to build upon, not revert, the existing spirit of ASB by approving proposals that strengthens the mechanics of the game. The ASB Council recognises that changes are made only to fix an existing flaw in existing mechanics, or to make incremental improvements by way of small inclusions.

CHAPTER I: Selecting the Council
  1. All council members are selected by a vote by the eligible ASB community, and
    • The eligible ASB community is defined as the users who have had no less than one month experience in ASB.
    • The vote is public, and will be conducted in the Policy Center subforum by a forum moderator.
    • This voting will take place every three months, which will be the term of a council, and there are no restrictions on any user serving on consecutive councils.
    • The seven people who have achieved the most amount of votes from the community will be selected to be seated on the council.
  2. There will be seven council members elected, and
    • They may step down voluntarily at any point during their term.
    • If at any time there are less than seven active users in the council, the council will decide among themselves via a vote who the replacement user will be, and the decision will be carried out in an efficient and timely manner.
  3. At any time, a member of the council may call a vote of no confidence (or of inactivity) regarding a fellow council member, and the active members of the council will engage a private vote regarding the member’s involvement in the council, and if only if there are no votes cast for keeping the council member, that user is ejected from the council. The period of inactivity must be a minimum of 2 weeks without doing anything ASB related.
CHAPTER II: System Changes
  1. If a proposed change to the ASB system gains considerable support on the Feedback thread, the council may make a decision on its implementation, under the following guidelines:
    • After a proposal is posted, people may like the post. Alternatively, the post may be quoted, and another user may provide feedback towards the proposal to help garner attention and support.
    • Assuming a proposal garners the required support to discuss (being "liked" and/or quoted 5 times or more), a discussion is then opened. Discussion will last until such time that the discussion has either become inactive or gotten out of hand (at the discretion of the council).
    • Once this point has been reached, council members will hold a public vote, using single vote for polls with 2 options and IRV for polls with more than 2 options. The options shall consist of the current system (ie, no change), the original proposal and any amended proposals with decent support.
    • If the vote passes, the change is considered implemented in any way the council decrees, so long as there is no veto present from a relevant power.
  2. Proposals that lie within the council’s control include changes to specific moves, abilities, items, minor changes to game mechanics, and any major change to the game’s mechanics must also obtain a public approval from Deck Knight, such major proposals including but not limited to,
    • Changes to how damage is calculated, or to the concept of the battle system as a whole.
    • Inclusion of a mechanic that lies outside of the existing spirit and rule-set of ASB.
  3. Any decision passed by majority vote of the council that directly alters or amends powers given to the ASB Council, that is to say anything not initially agreed upon as to their role and power, is considered to be in effect unless it grants a power or powers that would violate section II.2.
  4. Voting takes place through the following process:
    • Satisfying guidelines for a proposal, a member of the council creates two new threads in the Policy Center subforum for the proposal, one titled DISCUSSION and the other VOTING, outlining the proposal in the Original Post of both threads, in the Council Social Group.
    • The council may discuss among themselves on IRC (#capasb) or on the discussion thread in the Council Social Group, at all times taking into account feedback from non-Council members.
    • The council will in due time publicly vote in the voting thread created for that proposal.
    • If the proposed change receives a majority vote from the council, it is considered implemented and the change announced in all relevant areas.
From Mk I, by IAR in the OP.
The ASB Constitution:

The aim of the Anime Style Battling Council is to rationally, quickly and efficiently judge and implement proposed for ASB by the larger ASB Community. It aims to build upon, not revert, the existing spirit of ASB by approving proposals that strengthens the mechanics of the game. The ASB Council recognises that changes are made only to fix an existing flaw in existing mechanics, or to make incremental improvements by way of small inclusions.

CHAPTER I: Selecting the Council
  1. All council members are selected by a vote by the eligible ASB community, and
    • The eligible ASB community is defined as the users who have had no less than one month experience in ASB.
    • The vote is private, and will be sent to a standing member on the council via PM.
    • This voting will take place every six months, which will be the term of a council, and there are no restrictions on any user serving on consecutive councils.
    • The seven people who have achieved the most amount of votes from the community will be selected to be seated on the council.
  2. There will be seven council members elected, and
    • They may step down voluntarily at any point during their term.
    • If at any time there are less than seven active users in the council, the council will decide among themselves via a vote who the replacement user will be, and the decision will be carried out in an efficient and timely manner.
  3. Council members have a moderated but public social group that consists of the seven council members.
  4. At any time, a member of the council may call a vote of no confidence (or of inactivity) regarding a fellow council member, and the active members of the council will engage a private vote regarding the member’s involvement in the council, and if only if there are no votes cast for keeping the council member, that user is ejected from the council. The period of inactivity must be a minimum of 2 weeks without doing anything ASB related.

CHAPTER II: System Changes
  1. If a proposed change to the ASB system gains considerable support, be it on IRC or the Feedback thread, the council may make a decision on its implementation, under the following guidelines:
    • The proposal must be at least a week old before the council begins council discussion and voting on the proposal, so as to give all users a chance to respond to the proposal.
    • After the time has passed and the community response to the proposed change is still positive, the council may begin private discussion and voting process.
    • If the vote passes, the change is considered implemented in any way the council decrees, so long as there is no veto present from a relevant power.
  2. Proposals that lie within the council’s control include changes to specific moves, abilities, items, minor changes to game mechanics, and any major change to the game’s mechanics must also obtain a public approval from Deck Knight, such major proposals including but not limited to,
    • Changes to how damage is calculated, or to the concept of the battle system as a whole.
    • Inclusion of a mechanic that lies outside of the existing spirit and rule-set of ASB.
  3. In cases where a motion has been passed for a decision that directly alters or amends powers given to the ASB Council, that is to say anything not initially agreed upon as to their role and power, a decision towards the motion regarding the powers granted to the ASB Council must be dictated by Deck Knight, the only authority greater than the ASB Council and thus outside the conflict of interest.
  4. Voting takes place through the following process:
    • Satisfying guidelines for a proposal, a member of the council creates two new threads in the Council Social Group (ASB council plans) for the proposal, one titled DISCUSSION and the other VOTING, outlining the proposal in the Original Post of both threads, in the Council Social Group.
    • The council may discuss among themselves on IRC (#ASBCouncil) or on the discussion thread in the Council Social Group, at all times taking into account feedback from non-Council members.
    • The council will in due time publicly vote in the voting thread created for that proposal.
    • If the proposed change receives a majority vote from the council, it is considered implemented and the change announced in all relevant areas.

CHAPTER III: Regarding Other Entities
  1. The Gym committee and the Roleplay committee hold complete sovereignty from the ASB Council; however, if either committee is overly inactive or otherwise incompetent, the council may take any actions deemed necessary to expedite the duties of the committee, be it through selecting replacements or by taking charge of the committee entirely.
  2. Deck Knight holds ultimate veto power over any action that the Council takes, and continues to operate as Word of God.
Proposal for how proposals are done (amended):

Feedback thread is redone. A proposal is posted, and rather than debate the proposal in the thread people quote the post and say either "I support this proposal and wish to move this to a discussion", or "I disagree with this proposal and wish to move it to discussion". Alternatively, a person can respond with "I agree with this proposal but do not believe this proposal should go to discussion" or "I disagree with this proposal and believe it should not be slated for discussion". The first five votes will be counted.

If in the five votes on a proposal, at least two say to not move to debate, the council members can amongst themselves through private chats/IRC take any option:
  • Instantly vote to implement the proposal
  • Move proposal to discussion
  • Ignore the proposal entirely
If fewer than two of the first five votes say to not move to debate, the council will default to moving the proposal to discussion. Whichever course of action the council decides on will be posted in the feedback thread.

Assumming a proposal garners the required support to discuss, a discussion is then opened. Discussion will last until such time that the discussion has either become inactive or gotten out of hand (at the discretion of the council). Once this point has been reached, council members will hold a public vote, using single vote for polls with 2 options and IRV for polls with more than 2 options. The options shall consist of the current system (ie, no change), the original proposal and any amended proposals with decent support. If, after all council members have voted, the vote is tied or otherwise in deadlock, Deck Knight reserves the right to cast a tiebreaking vote. If this still results in a tie in a poll that uses IRV, there will be another vote between the remaining options in that poll.

In the event that a proposal does not get five votes on it within 25 posts of its inception, the proposal may be bumped by making a post containing a link to the proposal and additional links to all votes cast on the proposal with the stances being mentioned in the post. This process may be repeated as necessary every 25 posts after each bump; however, if a proposal ends up with four votes on it twice in a row, the council may make a decision to veto, discuss or implement the proposal based on the votes so far.

Last edited:

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
The constitution currently isn't residing in the OP because it's currently hilariously outdated and ignored. I'm adding that to the list of things that need to get sorted at some stage.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Quoting from the XY Omnibus thread for mewtwo15026

I'm sorry if I'm out of place here, but when will you guys add Hyperspace Hole and Steam Eruption, Hoopa's and Volcanion's respective signature moves? I know they haven't been released, but Metronome IS a thing.
As soon as we have solid data on these moves we will probably add them in. Also, welcome back (Jeez, random old users keep popping up everywhere ¬¬)

Going through the Gym Signup Thread something is obvious, there a a lot of challenges that cannot be taken due to excess, there are 18 "Unaccepted, Excess Challenge" going on right now, and it's obvious that has to do with the increase of challengers anyone can make, the problem with this is that while it was a good measure to increase the ability to get gym matches it also unbalanced the player vs gym number, since now there are a lot more challengers than possible slots thus one has to wait a very long time to fight (and even forget about it if one doesn't check the Gym tread on a regular basis). Thus I propose to increase the available number of slots for a gym match to three, thus increasing the speed by which gym matches are taken. I think out leaders have proven reliable enough that having 3 matches going on at the same time shouldn't be a problem and would prevent challenging a gym to take 6 months before the battle even starts (try challenging ww's gym, you'll probably have to wait till Omega Sapphire & Alpha Ruby are in the market)

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm inclined to say no. Gym leader slots are intentionally limited in order to keep the Gym Leader's sanity intact and to not overwork them. If a player wants to challenge a leader with a long waiting time then that's entirely their own choice to lock down one of their slots like that. They even have another leader challenge slot to use in that time.

One thing I had been considering is moving all of the "(Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)" matches out of the queue an into its own separate lineup. Then, when a match is no longer in excess it rejoins the respective ongoing/no ongoing queue but at the bottom of that queue. This not only makes the queue a more representative example of its actual size but also disincentivizes piling challenges onto one gym leader with the knowledge that you'll be waiting a long time to fight them. This ideally emphasizes the corollary, challenging the other gym leaders, especially the one's that rarely see challengers.

It has been brought to my attention that Rock-Type pokemon were unfairly buffed in the generation 5 to generation 6 transition. Rock-Types STAB was needlessly improved over more deserving types like Fighting and Psychic and they were provided numerous signature items for various pokemon. This has created a situation where Rock-Type pokemon are signficantly more powerful than other pokemon and more than they deserve to be.

Proposal: Return Rock's STAB effects to its Generation 5 effect and alter the way the Fossils, Rock Incense, Protecter, and Charged Stone affect Rock-Type pokemon so that use of Rock-Type pokemon against non-Rock-Type pokemon is more balanced.

To add on what Texas said, we simply lack the ref manpower to allow for Gerard's solution. We already have a fair number of gym matches waiting for a ref at the moment, and that number would greatly increase, were we to allow gym leaders to take on three matches at the same time.

As for akela's point about Rock-types... I'm not really convinced. Rock has always been one of the worst types in ASB, due to an excessive amount of weaknesses as well as inaccurate moves that are rarely offset by a decent speed. As for the fossils and Rhyperior... they are barely competitive, do they even need a nerf?

I think the problem with the rock type STAB is that it makes little sense flavor-wise and it gives you priority on some of the best moves in the game (Screens, Barrier, Acid Armor, Protect (Allies), etc..), which no other STAB comes even close to

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
To add on what Texas said, we simply lack the ref manpower to allow for Gerard's solution. We already have a fair number of gym matches waiting for a ref at the moment, and that number would greatly increase, were we to allow gym leaders to take on three matches at the same time.

As for akela's point about Rock-types... I'm not really convinced. Rock has always been one of the worst types in ASB, due to an excessive amount of weaknesses as well as inaccurate moves that are rarely offset by a decent speed. As for the fossils and Rhyperior... they are barely competitive, do they even need a nerf?
This post is so spot on I will just quote it and leave it at that.

Also, I am going to point out something else: The only rock mons that get screens are the ones that sure need a boost (aurorus, solrock, magcargo and Carbink). And the other moves are eh and don't need a priority boost.

You may like remove the "and prevent damage" part and leave at that.

And the signature items: they got fossils and lost rare candy. It is even for the most part (in some cases it got worse).

Frosty

=_=
The feedback thread isn't for sarcasm or joke posts. If you want to just make a joke, use the IRC.

That is why I took it seriously. But if it is 100% sarcasm then let me know, so I can delete it and let someone that actually thinks the rock buffs warrant revisiting post. If no one that genuinely thinks so posts here is because it isn't that much of a problem to begin with.

A number of individuals have expressed issues with Rock-Type's generation 6 stab boost. It is a 100% serious proposal to shut these whiny individuals up, dripping with 80% sarcasm because the individuals complaining have a ton of great toys (Like Colossoil, Mewtwo, and Conkeldurr). This is a perfect opportunity for those with issues with Rock-Types Generation 6 boosts to make their case heard and to stop bitching about priority Barrier on Corsola and some pokemon being able to make use of Withdraw's ASB effect outside of Trick Room.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Anyone who makes a shitty joke proposal / sarcastic proposal from now on will be infracted (Except mods since mods cannot infract mods...). Policy Centre is a serious forum and as such, all proposals will be taken seriously. Keep your joke Light Ball Raichu proposals out of this forum. Admitting it was a joke counts in this regard as well.

#modpost

When did I said anything about Psychic STAB since the revamp? (looking at the thinly veiled reference). Honestly I have no problem with the Rock STAB other than the priority Protect, it's incredibly good in doubles and should be removed. Otherwise I think Ice STAB deserves a boos since it's even a worst type than Rock, I still think Def Boost on hail would be awesome, makes more flavor sense than Rock STAB (as a Sandstorm opposite & because the layers of compact snow on the ice pokemon would make their skin more resistant to physical attacks, harder to pierce or to break.) & if we can deviate so much with Rock STAB then something like this for Ice mons doesn't sound to crazy.

The only real objectionable thing with Rock STAB is priority Protect (Ally), I don't think anyone really cares about Corsola having priority Barrier. There are definitely people (myself included) that think that's a very very powerful effect, perhaps too good.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Is passed Protect really that strong? Normally you can sub around a target being under the influence of a Protective/Evasive move in doubles, and Prankster Pokemon also have this power, and I'v yet to hear problems with prio passed Protect (If you think it's an issue, then surely it might be better to look at prio passed Protect as a whole as opposed to just Rock-Type mons?)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Dogfish: The problem with the substitution argument is that any move can be dealt with by substituting around it. You only get two to three substitutions in a match per Pokémon in a general case. Just pointing it out.

While we are on the subject, according to Bulbapedia and several threads I have read on Smogon: Roar and Whirlwind apparently now pierce Protect, Detect, and Spiky Shield (Crafty Shield still blocks it). It makes sense to implement it but it is a pretty powerful effect. Are there any objections to implementing it into the NDA?

Frosty

=_=
It is not that Passed Priority Protect is that good (it is good but not THAT good). But the thing is: it is too good of an effect for a STAB. It is one of the major perks of prankster in doubles+ and prankster is regarded as a very good ability, so having it on STAB may be pushing it. Sure, in terms of actual balance, it doesn't break anything (which is why i couldn't care less) as doubles are rare and Rock mons on doubles are even rarer (unless leethoof) and even in those rare occasion it doesn't break anything, which means that passed protect won't be used enough to be considered an "issue". But if you want to be consistent (have an effect with similar power as the other STAB effect), maybe remove "and prevent damage" and call it a day.

Although I feel there are probably other issues that actually have a significant impact on the metagame and are more worth discussing (from a strictly pragmatic point of view) than rock STAB. Like Pain Split, Multiscale, HP yadda yadda yadda...

but *shrugs*.

I'm thinking about a suggestions related to the way abilities work in ASB, specifically regarding 'mons with only one or two abilities (most/all starters for example). Before I put too much thought into it, does anyone else feel like 'mons with only one or two abilities are at a disadvantage when compared to something with a full three abilities (don't even mention Basculin :))?

Last edited:
I'm thinking about a suggestions related to the way abilities work in ASB, specifically regarding 'mons with only one or two abilities (most/all starters for example). Before I put too much thought into it, does anyone else feel like 'mons with only one or two abilities are at a disadvantage when compared to something with a full three abilities (don't even mention Basculin :))?
*Stares at Tyrantrum*
Um...
*Stares at Lunatone*
Um...
*Stares at Archeops*
Um...

A lot of pokemon are not disadvantaged by not having 3 abilities or 2 abilities. Eelektross is not complaining about having only 1 ability. Levitate is huge on Eelektross. Meanwhile, Electrode is begging for another 2-3 abilities just to be decent. Archeops would prefer to have 0 abilities.

If you want to stop having pokemon with only one or two abilities being at a disadvantage against pokemon with three or four abilities, do not battle in all abilities matches. Battle in one ability matches for pokemon with only one ability and battle in two abilities matches for pokemon with only two abilities.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So I initially went into this as a lead-on proposal, but in reviewing its parameters it's grown on me.

Specifically, this is about balancing mid and low evolutions and non-evolving Pokemon by reducing their limits by a fixed amount based on their evolution stage (or lack thereof.) This would effectively balance stats by how the Pokemon "feels" overall rather than a hard statistical determinant. This is already done to some extent with the accuracy / dodge boost on lower evolution mons. It would also make Eviolite using Pokemon if these species much more potent in many cases.

Calibrations for this power increase would be made to TLRs with expanded healing items and the like.

Applies to Pokemon in this way:
First Evolutions of Three would get a +10 stat handicap.
First Evolutions of Two and Second Evolutions of Three would get a +8 stat handicap, providing BRT equal to 17 or less.

So without delay, here would be the sum total effect:
1/3 (+10):
Abra: 80 > 90 HP, 1 > 2 Atk, 2 > 3 SpD
Axew: 3 > 4 Atk, 2 > 3 Def
Azurill: 1 > 2 Atk, 1 > 2 SpA
Bagon: 2 > 3 Def
Beldum: 2 > 3 Atk
Caterpie: 2 > 3 SpA, 2 > 3 SpD
Charmander: 2 > 3 Atk, 2 > 3 SpA
Chespin: 90 > 100 HP
Chimchar: 2 > 3 Atk, 2 > 3 SpA
Cleffa: 1 > 2 Atk
Cyndaquil: 2 > 3 Atk, 2 > 3 SpA
Deino: 90 > 100 HP
Duskull: 80 > 90 HP, 3 > 4 Def, 3 > 4 SpD
Elekid: 2 > 3 SpD
Fennekin: 2 > 3 SpD
Froakie: 2 > 3 Atk
Gible: 90 > 100 HP
Goomy: 2 > 3 SpA
Gothita: 2 > 3 SpA
Hoppip: 2 > 3 SpD
Horsea: 1 > 2 SpD
Igglybuff: 100 > 110HP, 1 > 2 SpD
Klink: 2 > 3 Atk
Lillipup: 2 > 3 Atk
Litwick: 2 > 3 Def, 2 > 3 SpD
Magnemite: 80 > 90 HP, 3 > 4 SpA, 2 > 3 SpD
Mareep: 90 > 100 HP
Mime Jr.: 80 > 90 HP, 1 > 2 Atk, 3 > 4 SpD
Nidoran(F): 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 Def
Nidoran(M): 2 > 3 Atk
Oddish: 2 > 3 Def
Oshawatt: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 Atk
Pidove: 2 > 3 Atk
Porygon: 2 > 3 Atk
Ralts: 1 > 2 Atk, 1 > 2 Def
Rhyhorn: 3 > 4 Def
Roggenrola: 90 > 100 HP, 1 > 2 SpA, 1 > 2 SpD
Scatterbug: 1 > 2 SpA, 1 > 3 SpD
Sewaddle: 2 > 3 Atk, 2 > 3 SpD
Slakoth: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 Atk, 2 > 3 Def
Snivy: 2 > 3 Def, 2 > 3 SpD
Spheal: 2 > 3 SpA
Starly: 2 > 3 Atk
Timburr: 1 > 2 SpA
Torchic: 2 > 3 Atk
Treecko: 2 > 3 SpD
Turtwig: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 SpD
Tynamo: 2 > 3 Atk
Vanillite: 2 > 3 SpD
Venipede: 2 > 3 Def
Weedle: 2 > 3 SpA, 2 > 3 SpD
Whismur: 2 > 3 Atk, 1 > 2 Def, 2 > 3 SpA, 1 > 2 SpD
Wurmple: 2 > 3 SpA

2/3 (+8):
Braixen: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 Atk, 2 > 3 Def
Cascoon: 2 > 3 Def, 1 > 2 SpA, 1 > 2 SpD
Charmeleon: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 Def
Clefairy: 2 > 3 SpA
Combusken: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 Def, 2 > 3 SpD
Croconaw: 2 > 3 SpA
Dewott: 2 > 3 Def, 2 > 3 SpD
Doublade: 90 > 100 HP
Duosion: 2 > 3 SpD
Dusclops: 2 > 3 SpA
Electabuzz: 2 > 3 Def, 3 > 4 SpA
Flaafy: 2 > 3 Atk, 2 > 3 Def, 2 > 3 SpD
Floette: 90 > 100 HP
Fletchinder: 2 > 3 SpA
Frogadier: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 SpD
Gabite: 3 > 4 Atk, 2 > 3 SpD
Grotle: 3 > 4 Atk
Gloom: 90 > 100 HP
Gothorita: 90 > 100 HP
Graveler: 90 > 100 HP, 3 > 4 Atk, 4 > 5 Def
Haunter: 4 > 5 SpA
Ivysaur: 90 > 100 HP
Jigglypuff: 110 > 120 HP, 2 > 3 Def, 2 > 3 SpD
Kakuna: 1 > 2 Atk, 1 > 2 SpA, 1 > 2 SpD
Kirlia: 2 > 3 SpD
Klang: 90 > 100 HP, 3 > 4 Def
Krokorok: 90 > 100 HP
Lairon: 90 > 100 HP, 5 > 6 Def
Lampent: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 Def, 3 > 4 SpA, 2 > 3 SpD
Lombre: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 SpA
Luxio: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 SpA
Machoke: 2 > 3 SpD
Magmar: 3 > 4 Atk, 2 > 3 Def
Magneton: 2 > 3 Atk, 3 > 4 Def
Marill: 1 > 2 Atk, 1 > 2 SpA
Marshtomp: 2 > 3 SpA
Metang: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 SpA
Metapod: 1 > 2 Atk, 2 > 3 Def, 1 > 2 SpA, 1 > 2 SpD
Nidorina: 2 > 3 SpA, 2 > 3 SpD
Nidorino: 2 > 3 SpA, 2 > 3 SpD
Nuzleaf: 2 > 3 SpA
Palpitoad: 2 > 3 Def, 2 > 3 SpD
Pidgeotto: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 Atk, 2 > 3 Def
Pignite: 100 > 110 HP, 3 > 4 Atk, 2 > 3 Def, 2 > 3 SpD
Pikachu: 2 > 3 Atk
Piloswine: Ineligible
Porygon2: Ineligible
Quilava: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 Def
Quilladin: 3 > 4 Def, 2 > 3 SpA, 2 > 3 SpD
Roselia: 2 > 3 Atk
Seadra: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 Atk, 2 > 3 Def
Sealeo: 100 > 110 HP, 2 > 3 Atk
Servine: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 Atk, 2 > 3 SpA
Shelgon: 3 > 4 Atk, 2 > 3 SpA
Silcoon: 2 > 3 Def, 1 > 2 SpA, 1 > 2 SpD
Skiploom: 90 > 100 HP
Sliggoo: 2 > 3 Def, 4 > 5 SpD
Spewpa: 1 > 2 Atk, 2 > 3 Def, 1 > 2 SpA
Staravia: 90 > 100 HP
Swadloon: 90 > 100 HP, 3 > 4 Def
Togetic: 90 > 100 HP,
Vigoroth: 2 > 3 SpA, 2 > 3 SpD
Wartortle: 90 > 100 HP
Weepinbell: 3 > 4 Atk
Whirlipede: 2 > 3 Atk

1/2 (+8):
Aipom: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 Def, 2 > 3 SpD
Amaura: 2 > 3 Atk
Anorith: 3 > 4 Atk
Archen: 90 > 100 HP, 3 > 5 Atk
Baltoy: 2 > 3 Def
Bergmite: 90 > 100 HP
Bidoof: 90 > 100 HP
Binacle: 2 > 3 SpD
Blitzle: 2 > 3 Atk
Bronzor: 90 > 100 HP, 1 > 2 Atk, 1 > 2 SpA
Buizel: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 SpA
Buneary: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 SpD
Carvanha: 3 > 4 Atk, 1 > 2 Def, 1 > 2 SpD
Cherubi: 2 > 3 SpD
Chinchou: 2 > 3 SpA, 2 > 3 SpD
Clamperl: 2 > 3 SpD
Clauncher: 2 > 3 Atk, 2 > 3 SpA
Cottonnee: 2 > 3 Def
Cubchoo: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 SpA
Cubone: 3 > 4 Def
Darumaka: 3 > 4 Atk
Deerling: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 Atk
Diglett: 2 > 3 Atk, 1 > 2 Def
Drifloon: 100 > 110 HP, 2 > 3 SpA
Drilburr: 90 > 100 HP
Drowzee: 90 > 100 HP, 3 > 4 SpD
Eevee: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 Atk
Ekans: 2 > 3 Atk, 2 > 3 SpD
Elgyem: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 Atk, 2 > 3 Def, 2 > 3 SpD
Espurr: 2 > 3 Def, 2 > 3 SpD
Exeggcute: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 SpA
Feebas: 80 > 90 HP, 1 > 2 Def, 2 > 3 SpD
Ferroseed: 3 > 4 Def
Finneon: 2 > 3 Def
Foongus: 2 > 3 Atk, 2 > 3 SpA, 2 > 3 SpD
Frillish: 90 > 100 HP
Glameow: 2 > 3 Atk
Goldeen: 2 > 3 Def
Golett: 90 > 100 HP
Growlithe: 90 > 100 HP
Gulpin: 2 > 3 Def, 2 > 3 SpD
Hoothoot: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 SpD
Houndour: 2 > 3 Atk
Inkay: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 Atk, 2 > 3 Def
Joltik: 2 > 3 SpA
Kabuto: 3 > 4 Def, 2 > 3 SpA
Koffing: 3 > 4 Def, 2 > 3 SpA
Krabby: 3 > 4 Def, 1 > 2 SpA, 1 > 2 SpD
Kricketot: 1 > 2 Atk, 1 > 2 Def
Larvesta: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 Def, 2 > 3 SpD
Ledyba: 1 > 2 Atk
Lickitung: 100 > 110 HP, 2 > 3 Atk, 2 > 3 SpA
Litleo: 2 > 3 Def, 2 > 3 SpD
Magikarp: 80 > 90 HP, 2 > 3 Def, 1 > 2 SpD
Makuhita: 2 > 3 Atk, 1 > 2 SpA
Meditite: 2 > 3 Def, 2 > 3 SpD
Mienfoo: 2 > 3 SpA
Misdreavus: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 Atk, 2 > 3 Def
Munna: 1 > 2 Atk, 2 > 3 SpD
Murkrow: 90 > 100 HP
Nincada: 3 > 4 Def
Nosepass: 5 > 6 Def, 3 > 4 SpD
Numel: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 Atk
Omantye: 3 > 4 SpA, 2 > 3 SpD
Onix: 7 > 8 Def
Panpour: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 Atk, 2 > 3 SpA
Pansage: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 Atk, 2 > 3 SpA
Pansear: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 Atk, 2 > 3 SpA
Paras: 2 > 3 Def, 2 > 3 SpD
Patrat: 2 > 3 Atk
Phanpy: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 Atk, 2 > 3 Def
Phantump: 2 > 3 SpD
Pineco: 3 > 4 Def
Ponyta: 2 > 3 Def
Poochyena: 2 > 3 Atk
Small Pumpkaboo: 2 > 3 SpD
Average Pumpkaboo: 2 > 3 SpD
Large Pumpkaboo: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 SpD
Super Pumpkaboo: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 SpD
Rattata: 2 > 3 Atk
Sandshrew: 1 > 2 SpA
Scyther: Inelligible
Seel: 2 > 3 Def
Shellder: 1 > 2 SpD
Shellos: 2 > 3 SpA
Shieldon: 4 > 5 Def, 3 > 4 SpD
Shroomish: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 Def, 2 > 3 SpD
Skiddo: 2 > 3 SpD
Skorupi: 3 > 4 Def
Skrelp: 2 > 3 Atk, 2 > 3 Def, 2 > 3 SpA, 2 > 3 SpD
Slowpoke: 90 > 100 HP
Sneasel: 90 > 100 HP, 3 > 4 Atk, 2 > 3 Def
Snowver: 90 > 100 HP
Snubull: 90 > 100 HP
Spearow: 2 > 3 Atk
Spinarak: 2 > 3 Atk
Spoink: 90 > 100 HP, 1 > 2 Atk
Spritzee: 2 > 3 Def
Staryu: 2 > 3 Def, 2 > 3 SpD
Swablu: 2 > 3 Def
Swirlix: 2 > 3 SpA, 2 > 3 SpD
Tangela: 2 > 3 Atk, 4 > 5 Def
Tediursa: 90 > 100 HP
Tirtouga: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 SpA
Tyrunt: 90 > 100 HP, 3 > 4 Atk
Venonat: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 Atk, 2 > 3 SpD
Voltorb: 2 > 3 SpA, 2 > 3 SpD
Wingull: 2 > 3 SpA
Woobat: 90 > 100 HP, 2 > 3 SpA
Wooper: 90 > 100 HP, 1 >2 SpA, 1 > 2 SpD

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
To what end?

First stage pokemon will never be used in a serious match regardless of Eviolite or stat buff, and the same holds true for all but a very few second stage Pokemon.

With what's been said so far I don't see any compelling reason to arbitrarily alter a large amount of Pokemon's base stats. Even if taken in relation to themselves, used in LC matches for instance, the stat boost doesn't affect the relationship to each other.

Basically I need a compelling argument as to /why/ this should happen or compelling arguments that your alterations concretely achieve your goals before I can consider getting behind this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)