Ask a simple question, get a simple answer — Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is that thread regarding the useage of pokemon on Shoddy?
It presented statistics on which Pokemon were most used in each tier, which were used most as starters etc etc.

I cant find it anywhere :S

Just a quick question. I have run into a glitch in ladder matches where my opponents timer won't go down despite them not having selected a move. It often happens when I am winning, or just turning the tide of battle and I suspect that it is not a coincidence. Without delving to much into how, is this something a player can do intentionally, as a tactic to stall the game until the other player leaves? From talking to people I suspect it is, but I am not sure. In addition what should you do if this happens in a ranked match past simply being more patient than your opponent?

Just a quick question. I have run into a glitch in ladder matches where my opponents timer won't go down despite them not having selected a move. It often happens when I am winning, or just turning the tide of battle and I suspect that it is not a coincidence. Without delving to much into how, is this something a player can do intentionally, as a tactic to stall the game until the other player leaves? From talking to people I suspect it is, but I am not sure. In addition what should you do if this happens in a ranked match past simply being more patient than your opponent?
This is a minor glitch, and in actuality, the timer IS running down. It's just a small glitch that happens occasionally if they're at 5:00 and it just looks like it's not coming down. If they continue not to move, wait out the 5 minutes and you'll get the win.

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
This is a minor glitch, and in actuality, the timer IS running down. It's just a small glitch that happens occasionally if they're at 5:00 and it just looks like it's not coming down. If they continue not to move, wait out the 5 minutes and you'll get the win.
it's possible for the other guy to stop the time or something
one time i was winning and the other guy stopped the time and i said HURRY THE FUCK UP and then he said "you're gonna be waiting for a long time"
20 minutes later, he hasn't timed out yet
so then i called in a mod and she got rid of him

Does Shoddy Battle 1 have HGSS move tutor moves updated?Because I am trying to put gravity on forretress and I don't see it.

Mines an extention on the above question. When I go in and make a team without getting on one of the servers, there are no HG/SS Move Tutor moves. Is the only way I can get the new moves to get onto the server and then make my team?

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Mines an extention on the above question. When I go in and make a team without getting on one of the servers, there are no HG/SS Move Tutor moves. Is the only way I can get the new moves to get onto the server and then make my team?
Apparently, yes.

I just went on the Smogon Server and shockingly, Fortress could learn Gravity. Outside of the server, it couldn't.

Why does Scyther learn Vaccuum Wave and Scizor doesn't? If Scyther evolves having Vaccuum Wave, wouldn't Scizor have it then?

Because apparently I've been living in a box all my life...

Which is the rating that puts you on the leaderboard?
And is there a list of players other than the top 50 or so?

-Terywj

how can i reset my ladder ranking because i read on the shoddy website that if you dont play for a couple of days your cre goes down?

how can i reset my ladder ranking because i read on the shoddy website that if you dont play for a couple of days your cre goes down?
You can't really reset your ladder ranking. If you continue to win, your ranking goes up. If you want to start from scratch, use a different account to battle. Everybody's CRE goes down at approximately the same value, so it isn't a really big deal at all.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
This is a question about sb2, so if I should post it in that thread forgive me.
In shoddy battle two are pms going to be more apparent? (pop-up windows, ect)

This is a Q about general pokemon games,
Does using rare candies have any negative effects on your pokemon
or Does using them as apposed to training cause them to be in anyway different to trained Pokemon (Excluding the fact that the won't have any EVs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)