Ask a simple question, get a simple answer — Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem is that it's not loading at all :P

I'm on the smogon server, but when I challenge someone, and they accept, then we can play. I just found someone with the same problem, and we couldn't play at all.

Ok I have a problem. When I try to launch shoddy, a box comes up and says "application error. Unable to Launch the application. I tried re-installing it but it didn't work. Help plz.

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Extremespeed isn't listed as one of the possible moves for my dragonite. I know it should work, but it's not there.
You need to be within a server that allows HGSS moves as not all of them do. Open up the team builder in the Smogon Server, and the moves will be there.

running shoddy from a jump drive

perhaps this is not possible, but I would like to install shoddy battle onto a jump drive and have it run on multiple computers directly from the drive. It should be a simple process (I would think) but I can't figure out how to do it. any time I try to run directly from a jump drive on a computer without shoddy battle installed, it never works.

if there is any way to do this I'd like to know, and if it can't be done I'd like to know that also. thanks

When is shoddy battle 2 coming?
If this is the wrong place for this, please let me know.
The scheduled release date was Sept 2009. In other words, it's done when it's done.

perhaps this is not possible, but I would like to install shoddy battle onto a jump drive
This is only a guess, but I would think that you'd need java installed on the jump drive too? Perhaps try that?

On to my own question, ever since I did a system recovery Shoddy seems to randomly stop working. Like, I will go to launch it and it will say "Application failed to start" (or whatever) and I will have to reinstall it. This is a minor nuisance since I have the installer saved on my desktop at all times now, but it would be nice to know if there's a fix for this? I have the latest version of Java.

symphonyx64

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
perhaps this is not possible, but I would like to install shoddy battle onto a jump drive and have it run on multiple computers directly from the drive. It should be a simple process (I would think) but I can't figure out how to do it. any time I try to run directly from a jump drive on a computer without shoddy battle installed, it never works.

if there is any way to do this I'd like to know, and if it can't be done I'd like to know that also. thanks
I'd imagine you just need to have Java installed on the computer you are using, not the flash drive.

If you think about it, you don't have to have Microsoft Word installed on your flash drive in order to read word documents, just Word on the machine your flash drive is plugged into.

When I try to launch shoddy, a box comes up and says "application error. Unable to Launch the application. I tried re-installing it but it didn't work. Help plz.

I'm pretty sure. I mean I had been using Shoddy every day for weeks so I don't know why it would all of a sudden stop working.

Edit: Nvm it worked thank you!!!

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I have a few problems. Some pokemon sprites aren't loading at all!

and that's not all. When I run shoddy I get a bunch of error messages (and then the program runs fine from there)

I also get a message that Java is corrupted or something.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling shoddy but I can no longer play!

Im haveing trouble running my shoddy battle progam. Everything is current and Im connected to the internet and yet it won't launch. Everytime I run it it comes up and says application error. What should I do to resolve this problem?

symphonyx64

just a quick question - how do you know what rank you are in the OU ladder?
You mean your rating? Log into a server for which you want to see your rating, find your name in the list of users, then right click and select view record.

If you mean the leaderboard, that can be found here.

Im haveing trouble running my shoddy battle progam. Everything is current and Im connected to the internet and yet it won't launch. Everytime I run it it comes up and says application error. What should I do to resolve this problem?
Make sure your version of Java is up to date, and the proper version for your OS.

just a quick question - how do you know what rank you are in the OU ladder?
http://www.smogon.com/shoddybattle/leaderboard/

I did that but I still cant give my aggron head smash...
When you first open Shoddy Battle, press the 'Team Builder' tab, then select 'New Team'. When prompted to choose a metagame, select the option that says 'Smogon University'.

may be silly to ask but would it be possible to port this to ipod touch/iphone?
i would LOVE that
Don't see that happening unless a third party rips it...

I know Shoddy2 is going to get doubles but after it gets released, is there going to be an installment that allows multi battles?
From what I understand, 2v2 battles are going to be a subset of the multi battle feature, meaning you won't have one without the other.

From what I understand, 2v2 battles are going to be a subset of the multi battle feature, meaning you won't have one without the other.
What I mean by Multi battle is like 4 people battling each other in teams of 2. I'm not clear if that's what you meant. It's like ingame where you team up with Riley and Mira.

oh I didn't realize you meant multi-player battles... I do not expect such a feature to be implemented, at least not for a very long time, because the persons involved have a lot on their plate already, and there are so many other things that are of a higher priority.

symphonyx64

I don't know how it will be in D/P but in RSE on NetBattle, Doubles was generally looked down upon and few played it.
I think there is big potential for doubles seeing thats the way VGC is played.

Hey all! Can you use export to text to put it in a notepad or a post or something like that? I can't to work if possible. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)