Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (CAP Edition) - Mark II (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens if a sketched cap2 uses judgment with\without holding a plate?
Alongside that, what would be the base of a judgment held by a cap2 holding a spooky plate?

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
<Jibaku> it'd just use normal judgment
<Jibaku> Judgment has nothing to do with the Pokemon's current type

So: it would be Normal-type without a plate, and Ghost-type with the Spooky Plate.

Battle Capacity was its name and I do not believe the forum it used to have is around in cryonics or anywhere visible. You may still be able to download it or something if you contact the creator, Cartoons!.

So i just down load the CAP stuff but when i try to use them they don't appear its just a blank space, and then if i try to use them in a battle it acts as if that slot was empty. so i was wondering if i downloaded a old version or downloaded it wrong and if any one could help me fix it? thank you in advance

1. I noticed that the download link for the materials needed to play on CAP server isn't working. Is there any alternative or fix to that, or am I stuck missing out on playing in that server until further notice?
  2. The CAP section of Smogon hasn't been updated to feature Tomohawk or the upcoming Necturna yet. Are we updating that any time soon, and if so, will we be including the unused concept art that the past generation CAPs had a section for?

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
  1. I noticed that the download link for the materials needed to play on CAP server isn't working. Is there any alternative or fix to that, or am I stuck missing out on playing in that server until further notice?
  2. The CAP section of Smogon hasn't been updated to feature Tomohawk or the upcoming Necturna yet. Are we updating that any time soon, and if so, will we be including the unused concept art that the past generation CAPs had a section for?
As for your first question, Theorymon is probably best suited to answer that. However as for your second question, the CAP section of the site is specially coded in javascript if I remember correctly. The only person with access to the database the page feeds from is DougJustDoug. There's literally nothing I or anyone else can really do except make new pages unless we can work around this by making the CAP Pokemon appear in the normal dex by putting them in a CAP Metagame tab somehow. So to answer your question, no I don't think they're going to be updated any time soon.

A very simple question: Is CAP 2 Necturna the last CAP? Somewere I heard rumors like that! So, is it? It would be a shame if it actually is...

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Have you guys ever invented a new type for your CAP'd Poke?
No, we have not! If you check out our CAP Mission Statement, you'll find all of the project's beliefs on such issues. I'll quote the sentence that's relevant to your question.

We are NOT interested in changing the basic mechanics of Pokémon battling. This includes the type chart, existing moves, stats, damage calculations, move priority, etc.
If you have any more questions, check out the CAP Newcomer's Guide. It has a lot of helpful information to get new users involved in the process and the culture of CAP. Best of luck!

Yeah they don't anything of that nature either; I was going to play some new game mechanics against the current meta to see if it would make competitive battling more balanced. Could I somehow make the calculator do this?

I noticed that the inaugural battle for CAP2 will be done on PS does this mean that CAP's will stop getting support on PO or will they be on both

CAP will, as of current plans, only be on PS. It is a much better constructed medium for what CAP needs, and PS's developer has been very forward about helping us get a foothold there.

tennisace

We're still working on getting CAP on the Smogon Pokemon Online server. Since Smogon has a custom build out anyway it shouldn't be too much longer.

How can one play with the Caps? The download link for the PO patch won't work, and for the life of my i can't find where to get PS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)