Ask a Simple Question; Get a Simple Answer & General Resources (OU Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Slow Start Bulbapedia page:

"If Skill Swap, Gastro Acid or Worry Seed is used on this Pokémon, its stats will immediately return to full power."

The wording implies that Regigigas will return to full strength at the end of Whimsicott's action, so I'll go with that.
Thank you sir!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Half correct. Attack will immediately return to full, but its Speed will still be lowered, because the attacking order is determined at the beginning of the turn except for After You/Quash.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
How much damage Rocky Helmet does? I searched in google but i couldn't find the actual percentage... Is it 12,5% or 17,5%?

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
- Superpower

Hey guys. This is my Tyranitar lead. It works surprisingy well, always managing to Ko opposing TTars. It also lures in steels great. But that's not my question.

The problem is, I also have a DDance dragonite on my team, and its multiscale always gets broken by the sandstorm. i don't need the sandstorm at all, its not a sand team. And ttars DW ability, Unnerve is unrealeased.

So the question is: What pokemon can i replace TTar without losing its effectiveness as a lead??

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
- Superpower

Hey guys. This is my Tyranitar lead. It works surprisingy well, always managing to Ko opposing TTars. It also lures in steels great. But that's not my question.

The problem is, I also have a DDance dragonite on my team, and its multiscale always gets broken by the sandstorm. i don't need the sandstorm at all, its not a sand team. And ttars DW ability, Unnerve is unrealeased.

So the question is: What pokemon can i replace TTar without losing its effectiveness as a lead??
Unnerve is in fact released on Tyranitar. However, you lose Superpower and Fire Punch if you use it.

There really are no dedicated leads in BW. Disregarding that, the goal of that Tyranitar is to set up Stealth Rock, hit hard, and lure Steels. It's hard to fit that same niche so instead I'll give you other options. Here are Stealth Rock users with various benefits:

High attacking power - Gigalith, Bisharp, Mamoswine, Aggron
High defensive bulk - Steelix, Skarmory, Bastiodon, Deoxys-D
High Speed - Aerodactyl, Dugtrio
Steel killing ability - Azelf, Infernape, Heatran
Or the traditional Metagross, Bronzong, Celebi, Jirachi

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
- Superpower

The lead does not exist in bw

Hey been gone for a few months, so what happened to the Dragonspiral Tower thread?
DST was split up so now you can use more specific topics and areas for discussion. Also note the Orange Islands subforum, where the not-so-competitive things like Scramble and Battle Subway were moved to

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
If you smash pass to a pokemon holding white herb, will the lowered stats that you passed go away?
I would only assume so. This bit of research should be enlightening on the situation (thanks Team Rocket Elite). I would bet the same thing happens when you Smashpass to a Pokemon holding White Herb. However, I would personally recommend that you keep White Herb on the Pokemon that is actually doing the Smashpassing: this allows you to splurge for a good item on your receiver (LO, Lefties, Lum, etc).

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is the effect of Synchronize supposed to go through a Substitute?
Iirc yeah.

EDIT: How do i delete something i have already written? I mean the thing where you put a line above the text you want the others to see that you deleted. I tried doing it in word and then copy-pasting it here, but it didn't work...

EDIT: How do i delete something i have already written? I mean the thing where you put a line above the text you want the others to see that you deleted. I tried doing it in word and then copy-pasting it here, but it didn't work...
Do you mean this? use tags

Yeah i tried azelf with taunt/uturn/fire blast/stealth rock and it works, but ttar worked better.

Just wondering: why cant you use superpower and fire punch with unnerve??
Fire Punch and Superpower are both Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver tutor moves, and Unnerve Tyranitar is DW

Hey guys, just curious as to what Eviolite 'mons are great in OU.

Besides the obvious, Porygon2, Dusclops, Chansey.
What do you have for me?

How are Pokemon like Shelgon, Tangela, and Wartortle?

Thanks.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys, just curious as to what Eviolite 'mons are great in OU.

Besides the obvious, Porygon2, Dusclops, Chansey.
What do you have for me?

How are Pokemon like Shelgon, Tangela, and Wartortle?

Thanks.
There aren't many more than the ones mentioned. Shelgon can actually take on a lot of the metagame but can not really do much back. Tangela as well is super bulky and one of the best terrakion counters in the game but will find itself at odds with most of the OU tier 'mons.

Chansey and Porygon2 definitely take the cake as the best Eviolite mons in OU

There aren't many more than the ones mentioned. Shelgon can actually take on a lot of the metagame but can not really do much back. Tangela as well is super bulky and one of the best terrakion counters in the game but will find itself at odds with most of the OU tier 'mons.

Chansey and Porygon2 definitely take the cake as the best Eviolite mons in OU
Thanks, I figured there wouldn't be any others.

I'm assuming Wartortle is out of the question? xD
What about a Perishtrap Murkrow? Toxicstall Murkrow?

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I actually think that Dusclops is also one of the greater Eviolite abusers. Sure, its slow, and utter taunt bait, however Rest Talk with night Shade and WoW is an utter bitch to take down, and it just walls pretty much all the spinners in the game. From memory, Dusclops can handle Starmie just fine, since Pressure PP stalls Hydro Pump (its strongest option against Dusclops) while Duclops just heals off any damage done with Rest, while whittling down its HP with WoW and Night Shade.

As for other examples you didn't mention...

Murkrow is an excellent example since Prankster lets it abuse Priority Roost in order to heal itself, and it doesn't have BAD bulk with Evolite. The added bulk lets it run a SubRoost set or a Perish Trap set.

Misdreavious is another one pokemon. It can Perish Trap and attempt to spinblock. Someone posted a set in C&C for it however it got rejected. Its not bad at abusing Eviolite however.

Scyther is an pokemon that I myself abused with a fair amout of success. I tested it on a rain team where I was massively Celebi weak (and something else I forget what) so I chucked in Scyther (since I had Tenta to spin) and it was really awesome. A simple Swords Dance set with Roost meant that it was a bitch to take down since that Eviolite bulk was just awesome along with Roost. Certainly one of the best offensive Eviolite abusers that I tried.

Magneton is a good option, especially on those drag + Mag teams. I believe ShakeItUp used that combo (I could be wrong however) but it definatly works and there are some quality teams with Eviolite Magneton in the RMT Forum that you should check out.

Gligar I believe is a popular eviolite abuser in UU that is currently very frustrating to deal with. With Eviolite its great physical bulk gets increased even more and it becomes a very strong physical wall. I even saw a few people using Gligar during the Excadrill era of the metagame.

Basically, there are quite a few Eviolite pokemon you can use, however very few of them work in the OU tier. OU is rather hard hitting, and using Pre-Evos usually means a large drop in attack power, which makes it easier for many pokemon in OU to attempt to steal a set up oppotunity.

Sorry for my spelling in this post, new laptop and im still working out my new keyboard.

EDIT: Damn, kinda ninjaed

Knight of Cydonia

I COULD BE BANNED!
I remember reading somewhere here that Speed Boost Combusken actually works and the user achieved a high ranking with it. I can't remember what thread it was though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)