Ask a Simple Question; Get a Simple Answer & General Resources (OU Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a friend willing to trade me a RGN machop with perfect IV's . Sould I just use that?

Oh and how good are sandstorm teams? sunny day teams in DPPT?

I found a friend willing to trade me a RGN machop with perfect IV's . Sould I just use that?

Oh and how good are sandstorm teams? sunny day teams in DPPT?

There's no reason to not use said Machop, it's the best you'll get.

Sandstorm teams are decent in DPPT, Sunny Day teams usually lack luster due to the lack of auto weather, and also the abusers on Sun Teams are sub par compared to Rain teams.

If you are going to skip a rain team which I would advise unless you have Kyogre and Manaphy, I would suggest using a DragMag team. It is very easy to use with good competitive understanding but hard to beat if you aren't prepared for it

If I want to post a moveset for a Limbo tier Pokemon, where should i put it? Should it be in the tier I think it's going to fit into?

haunter

Banned deucer.
I was wondering when and if there will be stuff like suspect voting, etc. for the new BW2 OU metagame.
We plan on re-introducing community participation in tiering decisions, just stay tuned.

If I want to post a moveset for a Limbo tier Pokemon, where should i put it? Should it be in the tier I think it's going to fit into?
Ideally dream world, if the Pokemon is Genesect then just hold on for like 24 hours, till it's released. It'll be OU by default.

I want to make a in-game team with Terrakion, and have settled on Gyarados, but I'm unsure about the other 4. I am concidering Chansey/Blissey, Scizor and Tyranitar, but I am reluctant to have so many that are weak to fighting. Unfortunately my Terrakion does not have a good nature (Lax), but I hope that does not matter, seeing as I gave it proper EV training at it has good IVs in Attack/Speed(27-28 in both, not hit 100 yet so not sure which one) and the possibility of Choice Scarf, and the fact that I doubt that in random online play too many people will use perfect pokémon.
However, I am still unsure of what else to team it up with, I have done some research, and some combos seem a bit too hard to come by in-game, including other legendaries I cannot breed or many Dream World abilities, which are hard to come by. Does anyone have a suggestion of a workable team? It does not need to be perfect, I just want something to play and have fun with, and a team I can get on it's legs pretty quickly without spending weeks searching for legendaries - getting them to 100 takes time enough.

Ideally dream world, if the Pokemon is Genesect then just hold on for like 24 hours, till it's released. It'll be OU by default.
It's actually Darmanitan-Z. I'll put it into Dream World like you say. I don't think it would fit into anything higher than RU anyway, I'm just trying to find a use for it. Cheers.

It's actually Darmanitan-Z. I'll put it into Dream World like you say. I don't think it would fit into anything higher than RU anyway, I'm just trying to find a use for it. Cheers.
You don't actually write a set for Darmanitan-Z for the same reason you don't write one for Meloetta-P. You can't send out Darmanitan-Z at any point in time because it doesn't exist at the start of a battle, you can send out Darmanitan with the Zen Mode ability which means it's still an analysis for Darmanitan

I don't know why Darmanitan-Z is Limbo, maybe because it cannot be used by itself, it can only be used with Darmanitan in Zen Mode. Anyways Darmanitan-Z is useless, it's a gimmick pseudo-form.

Also I want to ask why Darmanitan-Z and Meloetta-P are tiered differently, I read recently in an old thread of the forum that it is because they are stored in the game like they were different mons, like happens with the forms of Rotom of Deoxys, but unlike them, Darmanitan-Z and Meloetta-P cannot be used like the forms of Rotom or Deoxys are used, they change forms inside the battle and return when are switched/the battle finishes.

Suppose we have a Technician Breloom, with 252 EVs in Attack, a Life Orb, a neutral nature, and the moves Bullet Seed and Swords Dance. Against a neutral target, such as Gliscor, which option is better (i.e. statistically more likely to roll higher damage) over both turns? Using Bullet Seed twice, or using Swords Dance than Bullet Seed? I hope this makes sense.

Nyktos

Custom Loser Title
Suppose we have a Technician Breloom, with 252 EVs in Attack, a Life Orb, a neutral nature, and the moves Bullet Seed and Swords Dance. Against a neutral target, such as Gliscor, which option is better (i.e. statistically more likely to roll higher damage) over both turns? Using Bullet Seed twice, or using Swords Dance than Bullet Seed? I hope this makes sense.
On average they'll be the same. SD first is more likely to roll higher damage (12.5% chance of five hits with one use vs ~1.56% chance of ten hits with two uses) but is also more likely to roll lower damage (37.5% chance of two hits vs ~14.1% chance of four hits).

Using SD first is of course the wiser option if you plan on attacking again afterwards.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay so the calculations I've done have a 252 Atk / 252 Spe Jolly Breloom with Technician vs. the standard 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe Gliscor
So if bullet seed is only going to be hitting twice the damage rolls look like this:
Bullet Seed: 79-94 (22.31 - 26.55%) -- possible 7HKO
If you decide to SD the first turn, then the +2 calc looks like:
Bullet Seed: 159-187 (44.91 - 52.82%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

So technically if you attack twice things are going to be relatively the same as boosting turn 1. However technically the odds are in your favor as more than likely bullet seed will hit 3 times. And if we factor in stealth rocks the results become more promising but still lack luster. With Rocks damage and 3 hits at +2:
Bullet Seed: 237-280 (66.94 - 79.09%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Essentially breloom is still a pretty poor match up for gliscor as these calculations don't account for the protect stalling that earns gliscor an additional 12.5% at the end of each turn. your best bet in my opinion is to SD turn one predicting a protect to ge ttoxic orb going and then hope to get a 4 or 5 hit bullet seed.

4 Hits: Bullet Seed: 316-373 (89.26 - 105.36%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
5 Hits: Bullet Seed: 394-465 (111.29 - 131.35%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Hope I could help a little.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is Psyshock affected by reflect or light screen? If someone has actually tested this that would be nice! :)
Psyshock is affected by reflect because they both use the defense stat in the damage formula. So the defending pokemons defense stat is doubled and psyshock is calculated with the attackers SpA stat just like normal.

EDIT: oops, I guess I shouldnt just assume next time before checking the research thread. Apologies to Darksoul and thanks to melvni for catching that and providing the correct answer

Is Psyshock affected by reflect or light screen? If someone has actually tested this that would be nice! :)
Psyshock is affected by reflect because they both use the defense stat in the damage formula. So the defending pokemons defense stat is doubled and psyshock is calculated with the attackers SpA stat just like normal.
This is false, as confirmed by the B&W research thread:
Confirmed Psyshock deals physical damage but substitutes the user's Special Attack in the damage formula instead of their Attack. Is reflected by Mirror Coat and has it's damage halved by Light Screen(Team Rocket Elite, mien)

I'm guessing it is a bad idea to have several pokemon in the same team know the same move, such as both metagross and salamence knowing earthquake? Or am I mistaken?

haunter

Banned deucer.
It's not a bad idea at all, especially when that "same move" gives you coverage against Pokemon that your STABs are not very effective against (fire and steel types in Metagross' and Salamece's cases respectively).

I've read in many pokémon analyses that U-Turn and Volt Switch make you gain "momentum": what does it mean?
Imagine you have Scizor out, against a mon that it beats. Your opponent is forced to switch unless they want to lose their guy, so they go to something that beats Scizor (say, a physical wall like Skarmory). You U-turn, racking up a bit of damage on their counter, and you can switch into something that has the advantage against said counter. (like Rotom-W) You keep doing this, forcing them to keep switching if they don't want to lose their guys, not letting them do anything while you keep accumulating damage. Perhaps eventually, you can use this to bring in a sweeper on something it can set up on, and then proceed to wipe their team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)