Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Curselax a physical or a special wall? I'm actually having trouble figuring this out lol.

Also, how viable is Special Wall Slowking in OU?

Actually Shadow Ball and Hidden Power Fighting hit everything neutral except Normal/Ghost types which doesn't exist yet. Dark Pulse and Hidden Power Fighting hit everything except Toxicroak and Heracross.

Curselax is mostly a special wall as it's Careful. Curse makes it Defense higher so it can act as a Mixed Wall.

Slowking I think can do well. Taking at least 1 Grass Knot from Infernape and able to OHKO it with Surf/Psychic. It can also take a hit from SpecsMence.

hey does anyone know if there is still anyone on the smogon forums who can change the nickname of pokemon even if they aren't the OT? ive got a couple of pokes that need renaming (since im a purist and they have wird nickname >.>). any information is greatly appreciated thanks.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Hey, this may be kinda weird, but here goes.

I had a dreams a couple nights ago that I came in possession of Pokemon Emerald and was ecstatic about it. I also got Fire Red in the same dream.

Anywho, after I woke up, I felt sad at not having Emerald and came to wonder, what are the major selling points for Emerald?

I know there's the Move Tutors and breeding possibilities and such, but what else sets it apart from the other 3rd gen games?

I ask not only because I'm highly considering buying it out of boredom, but also if it would be worth it on my end. How much does it actually differ from Sapphire that I currently have?

I notice all the time in the Battle Tower that the opponent's pokes have various berries that are extremely useful in competitive battling. Is it possible to use any item stealing moves (ie, Thief) to get these items?

I notice all the time in the Battle Tower that the opponent's pokes have various berries that are extremely useful in competitive battling. Is it possible to use any item stealing moves (ie, Thief) to get these items?
No. Like when you're battling someone else, any changes in items are only for the battle. Everything's back to normal afterwards.

I had a dreams a couple nights ago that I came in possession of Pokemon Emerald and was ecstatic about it. I also got Fire Red in the same dream.

Anywho, after I woke up, I felt sad at not having Emerald and came to wonder, what are the major selling points for Emerald?

I know there's the Move Tutors and breeding possibilities and such, but what else sets it apart from the other 3rd gen games?
apart from the tutors, battle frontier is the main reason.
that and reliable glitch cloning in the battle frontier.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

I ask not only because I'm highly considering buying it out of boredom, but also if it would be worth it on my end. How much does it actually differ from Sapphire that I currently have?
depends if you are going to do much breeding, the tutors are good and the IV guy helps.

also i had a dream that gormanghast (dunno why, i dont even know him) went on the create-a-pokemon server and told me (and everyone else) to delete my game.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Tentacruel is also a great counter, resisting Surf and Ice Beam and shrugging off the Grass attacks with that 120 base SpD. STAB Sludge Bomb beats down Ludicolo pretty quickly.

Empoleon's another decent option, but doesn't really have an attack to hit back with, other than Drill Peck on a physical version.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Gorm, If you have anything to say to me, you'll have to do it by PM - I have 452 free spaces after all. ^_^

I also forgot to mention that Tentacruel's Liquid Ooze blocks any of Ludicolo's Leech Seed antics, so he's pretty much a perfect counter.

This question involves a:
Ninjask@ Leftovers
Nature:Jolly
Ability:Speed Boost
EV's: 176 HP/ 252 Atk/ 80 Spe
Moves:
Substitute
Protect
Baton Pass
Swords Dance

and an:
Infernape@ Life Orb
Nature:Jolly
Ability:Blaze
EV's:
Moves:
Feint
Mach Punch
Flare Blitz/Flamthrower
(Filler move)

Ok I want to know if this Infernape would be able to take out this Ninjask. The opponent would usually make a sub first, then Ape would use Blitz or Thrower to take out the sub. Speed Boost 1. Then the opponent would use Protect. Ape uses Feint to deal damage. The next turn, Ape uses Mach Punch.

How much damage would be done to Jask by Ape's moves? Do you think it would work? I've been wondering how to get past this problem on Jask dependt teams. Thanks to whoever helps.

Also, would this get me 'Proud of Power'? 29/30/29/29/29/29
Restating. Please help.

Thanks for the answer. This makes me wonder, though, what does Slowking have that other special walls don't?
Nasty Plot.
hey does anyone know if there is still anyone on the smogon forums who can change the nickname of pokemon even if they aren't the OT? ive got a couple of pokes that need renaming (since im a purist and they have wird nickname >.>). any information is greatly appreciated thanks.
I can.

Erm, hey.

I'm just wondering how much, exactly, a stat increasing move actually increases that stat by? All I can find is that attacks are raised "1 stage" yet I have no idea how much "1 stage" is.

Let's take a Gyarados for example. If it were to use Dragon Dance, what would the speed and attack be raised to, or what percentage do the stats increase by if that is the way in which it works.

I've not phrased this very well, but you catch my drift.

1.5 is one stage.

Lowering stats you multiply by 2/3, raising you multiply by 3/2. So let's say you use Swords Dance. Then you raise the stat by 9/4, which is close to 2x.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)