Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does the Gyro Ball damage formula work exactly? I know it's 25*(Opponents Speed/Users Speed) but after you get the number that comes out of that, are you supposed to round it to a certain number like Grass knot? Also, is there a damage calculator that can do moves like Gyro ball and Grass knot?
Behold, the Gyro Ball formula.

Also, as far as I know, Metalkid's calculator is the only online calculator that allows you to input an actual move name; the others just ask for move power. Still, the calculator's damage calculation isn't 100% perfect (but usually close enough) and it CAN'T do the moves in question.

However, the calculator in my Resource can do those moves, though you'll have to use the actual Speed stat if it's modified in any way IIRC. It has to be downloaded, though, and is only available in Microsoft Excel. (I should get to making a version that works perfectly with OpenOffice...)

Is there a thread anywhere that deals with all the common opening pokemon people use on their teams? I am considering replacing my current one, but I'm not really sure what would be the best choice and I would like to look through all the common ones in depth

Does anyone know of a device that allows me to input 2 or 3 different move types, then it'll show everything that isnt weak to the move combination?

Is there a thread anywhere that deals with all the common opening pokemon people use on their teams? I am considering replacing my current one, but I'm not really sure what would be the best choice and I would like to look through all the common ones in depth
I suggest looking at shoddybattle.com. Find the most used leads of may and that will help you.

Does anyone know of a device that allows me to input 2 or 3 different move types, then it'll show everything that isnt weak to the move combination?
No sadly. However dragontamer did at least write a guide but there is no actual "device"

What's a good alternate to a MixGross? I'd like to have the ability to pick something else from my roster to fill in because in order to really use mine, I have to use Ninjask. So it's really a 2 for one deal...

It also doesn't have to be a Mixed Attacker, it could also be Physical. My other Physical based Pokemon is Tyranitar.

Also, don't suggest Infernape. o:

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
What's a good alternate to a MixGross? I'd like to have the ability to pick something else from my roster to fill in because in order to really use mine, I have to use Ninjask. So it's really a 2 for one deal...

It also doesn't have to be a Mixed Attacker, it could also be Physical. My other Physical based Pokemon is Tyranitar.

Aerodactyl?

If you battle a trainer with a catchable pokemon in XD, are the pokemon's nature/IV's set for when you have the chance to rebattle them?
(In case you knocked the pokemon out.)

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
If you battle a trainer with a catchable pokemon in XD, are the pokemon's nature/IV's set for when you have the chance to rebattle them?
(In case you knocked the pokemon out.)
Yes, they will be set when refacing Greevil or snagging from Miror B.
No, they won't if you saved before the battle to reface.

ya I have that one. I am building a team around a certain Pokemon and want to know what I wont be Super effective against...

Link to DragonTamers guide anyone?
my link to marriland in my previous post has exactly what you need. Team building guide, and shows your strenghths and weaknesses.

Aerodactyl?
Hmm. Good choice, but I don't really like the paper defenses even if it's one of the fastest. It'd work with a Tyranitar due to Sandstorm though....
(Sandstorm's not a problem though, so I don't care about if the Pokemon is rock/steel/ground or not. I may find something to swap TTar out too, because Sandstorm is turning into more of a hindrance to myself than help)

Taking more suggestions. =)

Beginning of Game / Southern Island encounter / Beginning of Game or Southern Island encounter.
I'm not sure what exactly you're saying there. Let me at least assert that the one on Southern Island can be soft reset.

Now, if you're saying the nature+IVs for the runner are determined when you start the game... well, I'm glad I bought that E-Reader+Eon Ticket E-Card just last week!

Two unrelated questions:

1)are all the battles done on the battle me thread with lvl 100 pokemon only and if so is there a way to battle like in the wifi were the pokemon over lvl 50 get turned down to lvl 50?

2)What function does that guy who claims to see Mirage Island in ruby serve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)