Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jthreau

formerly DoubleJG
I have TWO simple questions! :o

1) With PBR, you can only get one of each purchasable item (ie: Leftovers). Is there any way to be able to get a 2nd item, like Leftovers, on the same copy of Diamond?

2) I've been breeding a pile of Starlys, in an attempt to get as many 30-31 IVs as possible. However, I haven't gotten any further than three 31s, and one of them was in Special Attack (bleh). I must've bred over 100 Starlys, and swapped out the parents, in an attempt to mix and match different 31 IVs, and still nothing very spectacular. Am I doing something wrong? Or, do you guys with the excellent IV spreads spend day after day hatching hordes of eggs, waiting for that near perfect one? (I read that it took a long time, but I figured "hours" at the most.. but day?)
Anyone? ^^;

With leftovers specifically, you can get more via pickup or munchlax catching.

for the second one, a lot of people have good parents already or chain bred via dittos to get good parents for each egg group, in regards to IVs.

What is the optimal IV spread for Hidden Power Ice on a Modest Zapdos when Attack is still important? Atm the best I've got is 30/29/30/31/31/31, but that gives a power of 68.

The Iv spread your giving is impossible to get with a Modest Zapdos.

31/10/30/31/31/31

Nvm, I saw "when attack is still important" part.

Edit:
31/30/18/31/31/31 you get Hidden Power Ice 70

If you don't mind the 18 def Iv.

Which would be better for my gengar in using Hidden Power Ice, to have 30 ATK and 30 DEF, or to have 30 SPEED, since he's not going to be exploding or taking hits, I thought ATK&DEF but the analysis said use speed. Which should I use?

Anyone know an EV spread that maximizes this bronzong's defensive abilities and HP?

Bronzong
Sassy-Levitate
30/29/31/28/31/11
hypnosis/dream eater/block/gyro ball

This Bronzong is designed to trap non-threatening opponents in battle. Block keeps them around while hypnosis and dream eater are use to deal damage and restore health. Gyro ball + low speed gives him a STABed attack move.
you can't go wrong with 252 HP then you have to decide what you want 128atk 128 def gives a boost to your gyro ball and even the defenses;
If you prefer to take better special hit you can put the def evs to sp.def,

however i would't use both dream eater and gyro ball it's better if you focus only on one side of the spectrum, also since the opponent can't switch you may just rest while he's sleeping, if you insist to use dream eater then change gyro ball with a special attack, charge beam/flash cannon/grass knot /psychic are good option , i would go with 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpA with this set.

@john go with 31 speed, it's better to tie with other gengar than just die for sure to the opponent shadow ball.

Jthreau

formerly DoubleJG
They may not be perfect IV sets, or anywhere near them, but I don't have the best patience when it comes to breeding.. If anything, it bores me after quite a few IV calcs :(

So, which of the three IV spreads on a Jolly Hoppip work best? (Leech Seed, Substitute, Sleep Powder, U-turn)

16/30/30/4/0/24

28/12/26/4/20/24

28/12/30/4/16/24

Thanks for the feedback!

Ima participating in a tournament where I am just allowed to use the Pkm from R/S/E, so no Pkm from the first and second generation, though I can use the moves from all 4 Pokemon. Anyone can give me help with the Pokemon I should/could use? Because ima not that good in R/S/E.

How important is Haze on WiFi battles? A must, or can one live without it? Do I need at least SOME answer to double team?

Is stealth Rock/Spikes as common on WiFi as it is on shoddy battle?

How important is Haze on WiFi battles? A must, or can one live without it? Do I need at least SOME answer to double team?

Is stealth Rock/Spikes as common on WiFi as it is on shoddy battle?
usually evasion clause is on, i never met anyone with double team but i don't battle a lot.

Stealth Rock is pretty common spikes not too much, having a spinner is always good.

Does Damp Rock or any of its partner rocks take effect only when the holder uses Rain Dance, or is the weather prolonged even when the holder is just in play, but not the weather inducer?

imperfectluck

Banned deucer.
I believe Damp Rock's effect only works if the holder uses Rain Dance, and not its partner in 2v2. Damp Rock also does not work if the holder switches in after another of your Pokemon used Rain Dance (without a Damp Rock.)

Generally a bad idea but I suppose the defensive altaria would work best:

Altaria: Leftovers
Careful Nature
252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
- Dragon Claw
- Heal Bell
- Roost
- Toxic

Altaria isn't generally a good cleric and if you want a good UU cleric meganium would be the best option

I hope I can actually ask this question(as in I hope its not considered hacking) but what's a wondercard...and how do you save it and such...I actually just wanna learn all about wondercards is there a thread regarding them?
Still looking for a answer...

I saw your question already answered before.

A Wonder Card isn't an actual item, it just exists in your Mystery Gift screen. It is sorta a receipt, as for saving them you don't have to worry about that. Wonder Cards are automatically saved, if you did the event they will be in your Mystery Gift screen until you choose to delete them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)