Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to reinstate my question and add a few things.

On the Analysis page for Machamp, on the Bulk Up set, it mentions how if it's receiving Agilities (Or Speed Boosts a la Ninjask or Yanmega), that "If you're planning to pass Machamp an Agility, switch to max Speed."
So that means 4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed, right?

Would that work well with the Choice Band moveset, but instead of Choice Band, have Life Orb or Expert Belt instead?

Or should I just go with the EV spread on the Choice Band set? ( 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe)
I think that would be best.

I kinda understand that Life Orb isn't the greatest item for Machamp because it's got some defense and such and is kinda slow.

It's something to think about..

I was wondering if salamence could survive the standard infernape's hp ice?

could salamence have a bulky set, mainly to take special grass attacks?

would roost help him or hurt him? AA or fire blast/flamethrower?

Eh.. if you want something bulky, you could go for Togekiss which takes hits a bit better than Salamence, and can probably take an Infernape's HP Ice, and KO back with Air Slash.

But if you want Salamence, Roost can only help, and I'd suggest Fire blast/Flamethrower over AA (Though it depends on the set and what you want it to do)

EDIT: Yeah, Togekiss will take an HP Ice, but Salamence will not. But if you want an Infernape counter specifically, Vaporeon works well, btw.

thanks for the help!

I'm thinking about a bulky crobat. he 4x resists grass and fighting takes neutral from fire and weak to ice 2x instead of 4x. and is faster then Infernape.

his base states are 85/80/80 (hp/def/spdef) compared to 95/80/80 salamence. he loses out on intimidate though. but as said before is faster then nape.

now to build a set.

crobat has higher att and hera his a higher sp. def then def and nape has equal defences so lets make crobat physical.

I'm thinking:
AA
u-turn
roost
hpynosis

as for the evs I'm stuck. and nature i guess jolly?

my team is weak to grass and i need a reliable counter to grass pokemon and pokemon who could carry grass type moves. this is for link battles and my friend started out with infernape so i also need a counter for it. so adding vaporeon as suggested would olny hinder my team furter but thanks!

ya im still new here but i was wondering if there was a thread on better ways to breed. i know just about everything but i want to see some other techniques i may not know about.

thanks for the help!

I'm thinking about a bulky crobat. he 4x resists grass and fighting takes neutral from fire and weak to ice 2x instead of 4x. and is faster then Infernape.

his base states are 85/80/80 (hp/def/spdef) compared to 95/80/80 salamence. he loses out on intimidate though. but as said before is faster then nape.

now to build a set.

crobat has higher att and hera his a higher sp. def then def and nape has equal defences so lets make crobat physical.

I'm thinking:
AA
u-turn
roost
hpynosis

my team is weak to grass and i need a reliable counter to grass pokemon and pokemon who could carry grass type moves. this is for link battles and my friend started out with infernape so i also need a counter for it. so adding vaporeon as suggested would olny hinder my team furter but thanks!
Vaporeon would be the best mixape counter and how is wish support hindering? Tentacruel does pretty well vs ape as well.

vaporeon would make 3 water pokemon increasing my grass weakness = hindering.

they main goal is to counter grass pokemon, and pokemon who use grass moves, crobat being a decent mixape counter is a bonus. the ice weak shouldn't be a probelm because its in-game and getting the hidden power of ice should be a major probelm for my friend sence he doesnt know about ivs in the 1st place.

If a pokemon uses Skill Swap on a pokemon with Traunt does it get to move the next turn or does it not take effect until the turn after that?

In other words can I Skill Swap from Slaking and then immediately Skill Swap Traunt onto a different pokemon the next turn or do I have to wait another turn to do it?

thanks for the help!

now to build a set.

I'm thinking:
AA
u-turn
roost
hpynosis

Well it can work if you switch in on a Grass Knot and Close Combat.

Vaporeon would be the best mixape counter and how is wish support hindering? Tentacruel does pretty well vs ape as well.
Starmie works great switching in on 3 of it's attacks and can just Recover off the damage from Grass Knot or since it outspeeds it can OHKO with Surf.

vaporeon would make 3 water pokemon increasing my grass weakness = hindering.

they main goal is to counter grass pokemon, and pokemon who use grass moves, crobat being a decent mixape counter is a bonus. the ice weak shouldn't be a probelm because its in-game and getting the hidden power of ice should be a major probelm for my friend sence he doesnt know about ivs in the 1st place.
Well if it's ingame it doesn't really matter as I see a lot of teams here carrying 3 Fire weak Pokemon and 3 Resists. Try out 3 Grass weak Pokemon and 3 resists. Grass is easily resisted my many things.

As a matter a fact, Heatran can take a Close Combat and OHKO with Earth Power. Unless the Infernape was Physical Based.

Can someone explain to me what a Roulette Battle is?
This is all you need to know.

EDIT: Damn BlakBlatoise beat me to it.

If you catch Mesprit or Cresselia (And this also counts for Lati@s and the 3 dogs in the 3rd Gen) and then you reset cos the nature is wrong. Will the nature be the same the next time you catch it. Is it different from gen 3 to gen 4?

Thanks

I don't know how the 3 dogs worked. It's been awhile.

As for the lati twins, I'm 99% sure that they're info is set the moment you start the game, so there is no soft resetting for them.

Mesprit and Cress's info is set when you meet them in the cave and see their picture. If you save while standing in front of them in the cave (before you click on them), you can soft reset, but you'll have to chase them down each time.

^^ Thanks, i can do that, can anyone clear up the Lati problem?
the nature of the running poke is setted when you encounter them in the case of mesprit/cresselia, for the other 3rd gen running is set at the beginning of the game for entei/suicune/raikou, latios and latias in ruby/sapphire in emerald is setted when you decide the color on the tv.

Should I keep a Sneasel with these IVs?
ATK: 30, SPD: 27 (These are the only 2 that really matter)
or should I keep going until I get both 31?

Basically...will it make a difference if I just go with this one?

As for the lati twins, I'm 99% sure that they're info is set the moment you start the game, so there is no soft resetting for them.
That 1% error. lol

Latias/Latios nature are set when you watch the TV that announces their sighting in Hoenn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)