Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok we have been going on about how this and that is uber or not and even deoxys e and now latias got to ou for atleast a while but why exactly is manaphy uber? i never found it as threatening in ubers especially with all those scarfers these days and stuff that just outspeed it and can ohko. I know about rest and the rain healing the rest status but in ou it cant run both rain dance and another attacking move other than surf unless its gonna drop tail glow and if it does that then its no real threat.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
What equation determines the score on your trainer card in D/P/Pt? The same question as well, regarding Underground score.

For honey trees, IIRC, the Pokemon is determined as soon as you put Honey on it, but you can save in front of the tree while it's shaking and soft-reset for IVs/Nature/Shiny-ness/etc., right?

Also, how long on average does it normally take for a tree to start shaking? And does adding multiple units of Honey to a single tree change anything?

vashta

"It was pretty cool to watch Tim Duncan from afar"
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How do you read your ranking, I know how to find it but I don't know what all that jibberish means.
Your "Conservative Rating Estimate" - the higher it is, the closer you are to the top.

Sorry if I have misinterpreted your initial question.

Um... I heard somewhere, that Cherrim could be an alright mixed attacker with the boosts from Flower Gift... Can someone give me a set and spread for that?

If I plan to use Cherrim in Doubles, which sweeper should I pair it with?

Your "Conservative Rating Estimate" - the higher it is, the closer you are to the top.

Sorry if I have misinterpreted your initial question.
Not Exactly.

My rating is:

Conservative: 1425

Rating: 1517-1579

Volatility: .055

Can someone explain what exactly do those numbers mean.

ok we have been going on about how this and that is uber or not and even deoxys e and now latias got to ou for atleast a while but why exactly is manaphy uber? i never found it as threatening in ubers especially with all those scarfers these days and stuff that just outspeed it and can ohko. I know about rest and the rain healing the rest status but in ou it cant run both rain dance and another attacking move other than surf unless its gonna drop tail glow and if it does that then its no real threat.
Well for starters, how well it performs in ubers should have absolutely no bearing on it's tier status. Ubers is just an OU banlist, not if something does well there. That seems to be where a majority of your argument comes from. Perhaps the biggest reasons that it is uber is the combinations of its bulk (100/100/100 is really good) alongside its typing (water is arguably the best defensive typing), plus the fact that it has Tail Glow (perhaps the biggest reason alone, but combine it with the bulk and you have a threat). +2 SpA in one turn of set up with the previous factors makes it a beast. With Rain support (an added bonus, not really enough to make it Uber alone), it can gain full healing through Rest without actually having to sleep. Basically, if Garchomp can overcentralize, Manaphy can do it to a greater degree.

I missed the entire Manaphy thing, but that's what I've found out/experienced (I've used Manaphy in unrated to show why it's uber material; it's changed quite a few minds). Also, I believe it's a suspect, so give it time and it will most likely be tested.

For honey trees, IIRC, the Pokemon is determined as soon as you put Honey on it, but you can save in front of the tree while it's shaking and soft-reset for IVs/Nature/Shiny-ness/etc., right?

Also, how long on average does it normally take for a tree to start shaking? And does adding multiple units of Honey to a single tree change anything?
I believe you can reset for things like that. And usually after 6 hours it'll start shaking, but it can last a lot longer than that.

Not Exactly.

My rating is:

Conservative: 1425

Rating: 1517-1579

Volatility: .055

Can someone explain what exactly do those numbers mean.
Conservative is what is used to determine if you make leaderboard. Rating is used to find a "real" rating and deviation for things like suspect testing. Volatility isn't important. That's just a quick run down. If you want further in-depth explanation of their true meaning, check here.

Sorry Lovrina and Lorak, can't help you. Others, don't overlook their questions >_<

What equation determines the score on your trainer card in D/P/Pt? The same question as well, regarding Underground score.
I'm not sure anyone has tried to find those formulas. If they exist somewhere in cyberspace, I sure as hell haven't been able to find them.

Here's what I do know about the Trainer Card score from some limited testing in Pearl:
  • Defeating a wild Pokemon gives you two (2) points.
  • Defeating a Pokemon in a regular NPC trainer battle gives you one (1) point. I don't know about Gym/Elite 4 battles.
  • Winning a regular NPC trainer battle gives you one point.
  • I have also heard that evolving a Pokemon gives you 20 points, but I didn't take enough time to check.
Other than that, I don't think anyone has seriously cared enough to figure out how those scores are calculated--either that or the formulas are in some relatively obscure place. Sorry I couldn't be more help... :(

Um... I heard somewhere, that Cherrim could be an alright mixed attacker with the boosts from Flower Gift... Can someone give me a set and spread for that?

If I plan to use Cherrim in Doubles, which sweeper should I pair it with?
If I send out Cherrim and prep with Sunlight, which pokemon other than Groudon will make the best sweeper possible?

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm not sure anyone has tried to find those formulas. If they exist somewhere in cyberspace, I sure as hell haven't been able to find them.

Here's what I do know about the Trainer Card score from some limited testing in Pearl:
  • Defeating a wild Pokemon gives you two (2) points.
  • Defeating a Pokemon in a regular NPC trainer battle gives you one (1) point. I don't know about Gym/Elite 4 battles.
  • Winning a regular NPC trainer battle gives you one point.
  • I have also heard that evolving a Pokemon gives you 20 points, but I didn't take enough time to check.
Other than that, I don't think anyone has seriously cared enough to figure out how those scores are calculated--either that or the formulas are in some relatively obscure place. Sorry I couldn't be more help... :(
In addition, I think every sphere you dig up in the underground gives you a point, and every fossil 4 points.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
How do you soft reset for Latias in Emerald ?
Choose "blue" on the television, after beating the Champion. Then, after catching Latios, use your e-Reader and Mystic Ticket e-Reader card, attached to your game's GBA by another GBA, and obtain the Mystic Ticket. Save, and head to Southern Island.

How comes my warstory has disappeared in the space of a couple of hours, without me having received a PM about it? Do mods here delete threads because they feel like it without telling you why, or is there something else at work? I didn't think my warstory was a complete catastrophe. My question is therefor, why was my thread deleted without a PM?

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
How comes my warstory has disappeared in the space of a couple of hours, without me having received a PM about it? Do mods here delete threads because they feel like it without telling you why, or is there something else at work? I didn't think my warstory was a complete catastrophe. My question is therefor, why was my thread deleted without a PM?
This was reachzero's comment on your warstory before it was deleted

Hmm, a so-so battle between two gimmicky teams....commentary and a close finish (not really) does not a good warstory make.

This was reachzero's comment on your warstory before it was deleted
Must've been me seeing things with the at least two people before that who appreciated it then? Plus, it was a first, I mean have some mercy. I can't possibly be the only guy that doesn't make amazing warstories every time in order to not get them deleted, can I? You might want to PM me and let me copy it before it's deleted as well, I spent time on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)