Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Does anyone know if there's a way to calculate your Secret ID in Emerald using only your ID and Name? Meaning, no Pal Parking then using Pokesav, or using an AR or whatnot?

Just posting this here so more people see this question, since more than I want this answered.
Yes. Convert your PID to binary (enter as decimal, then switch to binary option in scientific calculator). Catch a shiny legendary, like Rayquaza. Find the PID of that Pokemon (determinable from a IVs => PID equation, method 1). Convert that number to binary, and xor (scientific calculator in Windows) the first 8 digits of that with the second 8 digits. Take that number, xor it against the binary version of your Trainer ID, and the resulting binary number, when transformed from binary to decimal, will give you your Secret ID.

With just your name and ID?

Because that requires catching a shiny first. D: The whole point is being able to calculate your SID without a hacking device before you get the starter. (For the Emerald RNG)

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
With just your name and ID?

Because that requires catching a shiny first. D: The whole point is being able to calculate your SID without a hacking device before you get the starter. (For the Emerald RNG)
You don't even need you name, just your ID. Let me put it this way:
PIDa is the first eight numbers in binary, PIDb is the second eight. TID is Trainer ID, SID is Secret ID.
If TID xor SID = PIDa xor PIDb, Pokemon is shiny.
If Pokemon is shiny, SID = PIDa xor PIDb xor TID.

In that case, all you need, really, *is* the starter, SRed for being shiny. Find its PID from its IVs (trade it to another game, Rare Candy until you get exact IVs), then plug it to the IV => PID finder.

Yeah. But I can't get the shiny starter without my SID first.

Because I need my ID and SID to calculate what spreads are shiny, and such.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Yeah. But I can't get the shiny starter without my SID first.

Because I need my ID and SID to calculate what spreads are shiny, and such.
Then no, there is no way to legitimately find it out. You can calculate your SID from a shiny. And I was slightly mistaken.

E = TID xor SID
F = PIDa xor PIDb
if E xor F < 8 , then Shiny

Crap. Arael said something about calculating it with a formula using just your name and ID, but...

Damn, guess I'll have to do it the 30 minute way. Bleh.

Thanks for the help, though.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Crap. Arael said something about calculating it with a formula using just your name and ID, but...

Damn, guess I'll have to do it the 30 minute way. Bleh.

Thanks for the help, though.
I know nothing about such a formula, if it exists. If you can find more out, always helpful.

It's for more Special Defense. Special attacks tend to be rather prominent in Ubers..
I'm not an expert in Ubers but I already know that Special Attacks are used more. =/

It's moveset is Fire Blast, Toxic, Substitute, and Hidden Power Grass. It's using a Sassy nature. Why not Calm? I don't get that part. Unless he used to have Explosion and change it then forgot to change the nature.

I'm not an expert in Ubers but I already know that Special Attacks are used more. =/

It's moveset is Fire Blast, Toxic, Substitute, and Hidden Power Grass. It's using a Sassy nature. Why not Calm? I don't get that part. Unless he used to have Explosion and change it then forgot to change the nature.
That might be it. To be sure you'd have to ask Gen. yourself though. ;)

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
What are the multipliers for drops? I know that +1 s/atk is x1.5 and all that stuff, but what's the multiplier for -1 s/atk?

Also, if you have +1 s/def, does it multiply your s/def by 1.5 like it does for s/atk?

Damage Calc.

I've looked around and I've found a few, but most of them are cumbersome to use and require some sort of external resource for finding stats at L100. Right now I mostly use the Libelldra calculator, and every time I want to do something I have to open Shoddy, make a new team, put in different EVs, and figure out what stats to input from there. It's really time-consuming and gets annoying quickly.

Is there a calculator that you can use just by choosing the attacking and defending Pokemon, natures, and EVs?

This question came mostly from reading around and seeing posts like http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1757974&postcount=1301 and http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1760368&postcount=3. It seems like it would take an insanely long time to do those calcs if one had to figure out what EVs yielded what stats manually.

Damage Calc.

I've looked around and I've found a few, but most of them are cumbersome to use and require some sort of external resource for finding stats at L100. Right now I mostly use the Libelldra calculator, and every time I want to do something I have to open Shoddy, make a new team, put in different EVs, and figure out what stats to input from there. It's really time-consuming and gets annoying quickly.

Is there a calculator that you can use just by choosing the attacking and defending Pokemon, natures, and EVs?

This question came mostly from reading around and seeing posts like http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1757974&postcount=1301 and http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1760368&postcount=3. It seems like it would take an insanely long time to do those calcs if one had to figure out what EVs yielded what stats manually.
Calculating stats manually would be tedious as all hell, I'm sure.

By the way, you don't have to keep loading Shoddy to come up with stats. There are several stat calculators that do the job just fine. Serebii's IV Calculator is the one that most comes to mind.

If you still want an accurate damage calculator that uses natures and EVs and all that jazz, either wait for MetalKid to fix his or hope you have Microsoft Excel and download my Pokemon Resource--link is in my sig (And even that doesn't have Me First in the right spot. I need to get off my lazy ass and get to work!).

Is it possible to copy the ability flower gift (cherrims ability) with moves like role play and with that double the effect of it? (x * 3.0 spatk and atk)

Is it possible to copy the ability flower gift (cherrims ability) with moves like role play and with that double the effect of it? (x * 3.0 spatk and atk)
Flower Gift can be copied by Role Play, Skill Swap, etc, but it's effect is unstackable, meaning it won't make a difference if two pokemon have the same ability (flower gift), the effect is the same as if there was only one pokemon with the ability.

In Shoddy there are some IV combinations, which are illegal for Legendaries. Does that mean, that these are also not available in the editions? If yes, in which editions, only D/P/P or also Ru/Sa/FR/LG/Emerald?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)