Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 18 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some help finding my SID. If you could shoot me a pm that would really be awesome. :V

No, we don't know what your SID is. Ask in WiFi forums "Simple Questions / Simple Requests" or something.

It takes one minute to read the guidelines and FAQ in the first post. Don't be lazy.

He didn't ask if you knew what it was. Don't be a jackass; if you're not going to answer a question, don't respond to it (that also means don't respond to this). You'll note in the site rules, it says not to double post (there's an edit button), and in the Stark rules, it says "On the subject of Shoddy Battle, Smogon is in no way affiliated with their site, forums or simulator so do not ask questions related to it here." It takes one minute to read the rules. Don't be lazy. For your (technically illegitment) question, I do not know why it won't save. Since you only mention Java, if you haven't tried uninstalling Shoddy completely and then redownloading it, try that.

I have a question so this isn't a pointless post. What's a sturdy phazer that works well on an offensive team? With Roar/Whilewind in the equation, that leaves 3 moves and the pokemon's stats to keep up the pace of the team. Only Suicune really comes to mind, though with Roar in the equation it's limited in movepool (though the "Calm Mind Shuffle" set could likely work). Any other suggestions?

EDIT: Since I usually have Rotom, I'll give Zapdos a whirl. Thanks.

He didn't ask if you knew what it was. Don't be a jackass; if you're not going to answer a question, don't respond to it (that also means don't respond to this). You'll note in the site rules, it says not to double post (there's an edit button), and in the Stark rules, it says "On the subject of Shoddy Battle, Smogon is in no way affiliated with their site, forums or simulator so do not ask questions related to it here." It takes one minute to read the rules. Don't be lazy.

I have a question so this isn't a pointless post. What's a sturdy phazer that works well on an offensive team? With Roar/Whilewind in the equation, that leaves 3 moves and the pokemon's stats to keep up the pace of the team. Only Suicune really comes to mind, though with Roar in the equation it's limited in movepool (though the "Calm Mind Shuffle" set could likely work). Any other suggestions?

I did answer his question. I told him what forum to go to. The guys there can probably answer his question in a few minutes rather than have him hovering around here for a couple hours to see if someone replied.

ps I only asked about shoddybattle here because if you didn't read the other posts, there's already been like 3 questions relating to Shoddy.

And in response to your (legitimate) question, what exactly do you mean by keep up the pace of the team? If you mean not trying to stall or whatever then you can try using Hippowdon, if not I tried the subroost aerodactyl set and it works out pretty well with a little prediction.

What are Blaziken's main counters in UU?
Bulky Waters like Slowbro and Milotic. Nidoqueen can also work. From the UU Revamp:

<p>Blaziken is one of those Pokemon who can dish out damage from both ends of the spectrum, meaning it's hard to switch any Pokemon in safely. That being said, safe initial switch-ins include bulky Water-types such as Milotic, but they need to watch out for Hidden Power, as it lowers them into KO range from Superpower.</p>

<p>Altaria is probably the best all around switch in to Blaziken, as it can take any attack except for Hidden Power Ice and Stone Edge. Resisting both of Blaziken's STABs, it is probably your best bet if you want to safely switch in to Blaziken. Similar to Altaria, Moltres can switch in on many attacks except for Stone Edge and Hidden Power Electric as long as Stealth Rock is kept off the feild.</p>

<p>Blaziken's main weaknesses, are its low Speed and defenses. With a mediocre Speed, Blaziken can be easily revenge killed by anything with a super effective attack that has decent attack strength. Pokemon such as Crobat, Drapion, and Shaymin are taken out by a Fire Blast, but they outrun Blaziken and OHKO with Brave Bird, Earthquake or Earth Power respectively. The key to eliminating Blaziken is by predicting an obvious Fire Blast or Superpower, and then taking advantage of the fact that it's slow and fragile by either forcing it out or easily revenge killing it. For example, Pokemon such as Azumarill or Kabutops can switch in on a Fire Blast, then threaten to KO it with Aqua Jet or Waterfall respectively.</p>

Why did the rules get unstickied?

EDIT: How did I miss that they're the same -.-

Say my opponent used trick room and then the next turn I try to use trick room, what happens? Does it fail? Do dimensions "return to normal" for 4 turns and then have another turn of "twisted dimensions"? Or does something completely different occur?

haunter

Banned deucer.
Say my opponent used trick room and then the next turn I try to use trick room, what happens? Does it fail? Do dimensions "return to normal" for 4 turns and then have another turn of "twisted dimensions"? Or does something completely different occur?
Trick Room said:
Using Trick Room when Trick Room is already in effect will remove Trick Room.
You simply remove trick room.

I think this goes here...if not, I apologize.

So I'm in a bind in whether or not I want to have a DD Salamence with a Naughty nature for that nice power, or Naive for speed and Fire Blast. My main thing was, is he still able to 2HKO a majority of the Pokemon he's able to(when running Adamant/Naughty) while being Naive?

I think I phrased that like poo. If so, I'll edit it.

What's a good nature and EV spread for a Swampert with this moveset?

Rain Dance
Waterfall
Earthquake
Stealth Rock

If I encounter a wild pokemon during the day, then leave the DS alone until night, will dusk balls have the superior catch rate or will the game still "think" it's day?

Since it is night the dusk balls will have a superior catch rate but the game won't "think" its day because the game runs on your DS clock.

haunter

Banned deucer.
What's a good nature and EV spread for a Swampert with this moveset?

Rain Dance
Waterfall
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Unless you need waterfall for a particular reason, I would drop it for hydro pump and run a relaxed nature with 252hp\252def\4sp.atk (assuming that you want a support oriented pert). Even with no sp.atk evs, a rain dance boosted hydro pump will always 2hko the standard Skarmory (doing a minimun of 69%) and Forretress (which takes a minimun of 73% from the same hydropump).

Question: Why is there so much goddamn hax in the Battle Tower?
Only Nintendo could answer your question, lol.

I used the Platinum RNG Reporter to find a shiny spread for Ambipom, and the ability was ability #2, which is Technician as listed on Smogon. When I hatched the egg, the Aipom had Pickup.
My question is: has Smogon listed the abilities in the wrong order?

This is a somewhat sticky question I've come across recently. Does pulling a sleep move off, for example Spore, from the move Assist with a Pokemon in the opponent's team is already asleep violate Sleep Clause? Usually, I hear Sleep Clause worded in the following way:

You cannot use a sleep move on an enemy Pokemon if one or more of their party is already asleep (with the exception of Rest-Sleep).
So from that description, it would appear that Assist does not break sleep clause, since technically, Assist is not a sleep move. Another example is that it is commonly accepted that Effect Spore does not break Sleep Clause either. So, am I right in thinking that Assist does not break the Sleep Clause?

Alternately, does the same ruling (however it is ruled) apply for Metronome as well?

Hey!
Does a Pokémon get EV when he defeats the Pokémon, or also when he battles it and runs away from battle afterwards ?

@ZappSlap: I think we might have them listed in the "wrong" order. Serebii should list them in the right order, though.

@Lizard: A Pokemon gets EVs when it gets experience. Does running away get you experience?

This is a somewhat sticky question I've come across recently. Does pulling a sleep move off, for example Spore, from the move Assist with a Pokemon in the opponent's team is already asleep violate Sleep Clause? Usually, I hear Sleep Clause worded in the following way:

So from that description, it would appear that Assist does not break sleep clause, since technically, Assist is not a sleep move. Another example is that it is commonly accepted that Effect Spore does not break Sleep Clause either. So, am I right in thinking that Assist does not break the Sleep Clause?

Alternately, does the same ruling (however it is ruled) apply for Metronome as well?
Assist and Metronome should not break Sleep Clause; the selection of the Sleep move is out of your control so you shouldn't be penalized for it. I don't remember how Shoddy handles that, though...

HOWEVER, here's something I would like to know concerning Assist: if the only moves that Assist can pick ARE sleep moves, could that break Sleep Clause? As far as I'm concerned, when Assist can only pick sleep moves, it becomes a sleep move itself, but I've never heard anything official on the matter.

Another question:
My Pokémon had 508 EV. I battled with him one more time (a battle in which he would receive 12 EV). Does his EV get up to 510 then?

What are good EVs for CursePerior? there's not a set for it in the analysis, and I need to EV mine. I'm horrible at making my own. the IVs are 30/29/31/x/29/x I think, let me make sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)