Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 19 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any know how long the delay when attempting to abuse the RNG for wild pokemon (method 2) in Emerald via sweet scent is? Do you take into account both the animation and the cry/animation of your sweet scenter? If so is there a list of delays for various users of sweet scent out there?

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Lovrina- iirc, there's no way to check for hacked parents if you do not have access to the parents themselves. The baby will be legit as long as a hack is not preformed on it personally.

This is a game situation question;

So say your Infernape manages to KO something like Swampert, and the next pokemon to switch in is Heatran. What would the proper play be, if no Leftovers recovery is had?

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Leftovers works at the end of the turn.

Anyway, depending on your opponent and situation, I would either switch or CC. If it's late game, CC, otherwise switch because it probably has a Scarf.

I was thinking about using the Endevor Smeargle (and combo with Exploder/Jynx), and was wondering if I could switch Endure with Focus Sash. If so, what should my last attack be, assuming I have Spore, Endevor, and Extremespeed?

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
dragon rage could be usable if using the lvl 100 endeavor set. It would ko things like aggron that extremespeed wouldn't after leftovers. Seismic, and night shade are not reccomended as dragon rage hits both ghosts and normals. Although, seismic toss may be better as you are walled by ghosts anyways.

It's practically guaranteed, but I don't believe it has actually been confirmed yet.

I would believe that it is guaranteed because there was a lot of stuff on the other side that you couldn't get in Johto.
Like the other wing to get the other legendary.

I have a question

Should I just go with this Oddish?
It has the right nature and a 31 on the stat that I wanted flawless.

Oddish - #44 (Modest)
HP: 30 - 31
Att: 30 - 31
Def: 20 - 23
SpA: 31
SpD: 28 - 31
Speed: 20 - 24

Speed mattersbut it isn't the focus or should I use this as a parent because it sure as hell better then the parent it breeded from.

Questions about sleep clause:

If I have a Cress w/
Rest
Sleep Talk
Psycho Shift
Filler

And one of the opponents Pokes are asleep, am I not allowed to use Sleep Talk when I am asleep because it has a chance of Psycho Shifting Sleep? Or can I still use it, and I'll just have to forfeit if it does indeed cause the opponent to sleep? Or does it not count for sleep clause at all?

Would a pokemons iv's be accurate at say level 70? Because at the time of writing this, I have 69 Rare Candies (pickup mostly)

What is the purpose behind the 240/216/relaxed spread for Mixpert? I can tell that the 240 in HP is to be used as a leftovers number, but I'm not sure about anything else.

Is Curse stackable when used by a ghost on the same opponent?

For Instance, Spiritomb uses Curse on Suicune while Suicune Calm minds and leftovers bring Spiritomb back over 50%. The next turn, Spiritomb curses again while Suicune Calm Minds and now Suicune loses 50% instead of 25% like the first turn.

This is how Curse works on Shoddy, but i need to know if it works like this on Wi-fi

What is the purpose behind the 240/216/relaxed spread for Mixpert? I can tell that the 240 in HP is to be used as a leftovers number, but I'm not sure about anything else.
Well, strictly speaking, 236 is the leftovers number. I think having 401 HP means it takes 6 Stosses to KO it from full health. There's probably a few other advantages of having your health be 16x+1 that I'm not thinking of right now, too.

216 defense nets the "extra point", as it makes defense divisible by 10 before the nature boost.

52 satk is to give its attacks a bit more punch, and Relaxed, of course, is because its speed is worthless but it wants both attacks.

I have a question

Should I just go with this Oddish?
It has the right nature and a 31 on the stat that I wanted flawless.

Oddish - #44 (Modest)
HP: 30 - 31
Att: 30 - 31
Def: 20 - 23
SpA: 31
SpD: 28 - 31
Speed: 20 - 24

Speed matters but it isn't the focus or should I use this as a parent because it sure as hell better then the parent it breeded from.

Anybody know what I should do?

Thanks, I hope so cause I use the Serebii calculator and it's only completely accurate at 100, so I'm probably going to get 99 Rare Candies.

Another question:
Do the parents HAVE to have good iv's for the hatched pokemon to?
Yeah it makes it a better chance to have better IVs
also a flawless Ditto is being given away in the redis king newbie thread.
Snag that shit.

Also
99 rare candies isn't really the best way to do it.
Put exp Share on a pokemon and faint a wild pokemon with a lot of experience because after one kill of a Fearow next to the Survival Area it puts the pokemon usually around lvls 9 or 10 or sometime 11. Then you should use rare candies from there. But don't save afterwards.

Yeah it makes it a better chance to have better IVs
also a flawless Ditto is being given away in the redis king newbie thread.
Snag that shit.

Also
99 rare candies isn't really the best way to do it.
Put exp Share on a pokemon and faint a wild pokemon with a lot of experience because after one kill of a Fearow next to the Survival Area it puts the pokemon usually around lvls 9 or 10 or sometime 11. Then you should use rare candies from there. But don't save afterwards.
I just would use the 99 RC's to get level 100, then check IV's and turn it off. But is it impossible to get like really high IV's if both parents have bad IV's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)