Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i was looking at some moves that different pokemon learned, and i realized that Sableye learns Roleplay. I am not sure if this is possible, but if you could pair Sableye up with Shedinja in a double battle and then use Roleplay on Shedinja, couldnt you theoretically get an invisible pokemon? As Sableye has no weaknesses and i am pretty sure that stat effecting moves can still be used on Shedinja, actually i am absolutely sure seeing as i had a huge issue with fighting Linoone and their infernally relentless sand-attacks. Do you all think this could work? I am eventually going to try it, but i would like a more immediate answer i guess.

if you could pair Sableye up with Shedinja in a double battle and then use Roleplay on Shedinja,
Not only can Wonder Guard not be Role Played or Skill Swapped, but Role Play can't even target the ally.

couldnt you theoretically get an invisible pokemon?
You get an invisible Pokemon by using Shadow Force ;-)
Besides, there are ways to take down a Wondertomb or Wondereye. It's not fully invincible, but it certainly poses a threat.

And now for my question. I know it's not a Pokemon question but there's nowhere else to ask it. What determines posting privileges in Trou?

I've been using Ambipom today, and I've noticed that Low Kick does insane amounts of damage to things like Metagross. Is there a glitch in Shoddy that gives Low Kick the damage bonus from Technician even if its damage is 120?

I've been using Ambipom today, and I've noticed that Low Kick does insane amounts of damage to things like Metagross. Is there a glitch in Shoddy that gives Low Kick the damage bonus from Technician even if its damage is 120?
No, Metagross is just very very heavy.

This is maybe a slight stupid question but I realy need to know the answer.

If you have a lvl 1 poké that needs to be EV'd with 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Speed
and you use 5 vitamins for HP / 10 for Atk and 10 for Speed.

Is is possible to keep that poké at lvl 10 while it gets boosted Exp because it has the OT of someone else?

You should be able to get low enough experience from battling low level Starly, Bidoof, and Machop. It could work even better if you have Power Items and Pokerus because you'll only have to fight 16 Machop, 10 Starly, and 3 Bidoof (with no item).

If you want the absolute minimum experience, put the Power Item on the Pokemon and imediately switch to a Pokemon with Exp. Share and battle with all 6 of your Pokemon when you battle.

I'm guessing you meant Lv.1 instead of Lv.10 right?

No, Metagross is just very very heavy.
Hmmm...don't be so sure. A max attack banded Ambipom should do at most 188 damage with Low Kick to a minimum defense Metagross, 62% of the lowest possible HP. If you're doing more than that to ANY Metagross, then yes, Technician is glitched.

I have a box (in my PC) of pokemon,
and whever I try to clone one, the others turn to bad eggs!
Why?
Where did you get your game? It could be a hacked game itself, or the code could be dodgy.

EDIT: A Question of my own. How many Attack EVs can I sacrifise off of a Flame Orb SD Heracross, while maintaining the KO's (Or only loosing 1 or 2). I'm currently using 252.

EDIT: Yet another question. Did obi ever post his famous Stall Team? If so, can I have a link to it.

Where did you get your game? It could be a hacked game itself, or the code could be dodgy.

EDIT: A Question of my own. How many Attack EVs can I sacrifise off of a Flame Orb SD Heracross, while maintaining the KO's (Or only loosing 1 or 2). I'm currently using 252.
I got it on ebay.. D:

If you bought a 'new' game on eBay it was probably pirate. If it came with a folded-down box, it had an incomplete manual, or it pops up odd messages when you start, it's almost certainly pirate.

If you bought a 'new' game on eBay it was probably pirate. If it came with a folded-down box, it had an incomplete manual, or it pops up odd messages when you start, it's almost certainly pirate.
Would that make pokemon I RNG count as hacked???

Type it in and it should become a link,

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2369887

If you want to do it manually, surround the link with [ url ] and [ / url ] tags. (Without the spaces)

If you want to change the text, do the following:

[ url = http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2369887 ] Ask a simple question, get a simple answer [ / url ]

becomes

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

Would that make pokemon I RNG count as hacked???
Whether the cartridge is legit or fake has no bearing on the legitimacy of the Pokemon. If, however, the ROM had been hacked (say, to give wild legendaries with 255 catch rate), then the Pokemon wouldn't be considered legit.

Whether the cartridge is legit or fake has no bearing on the legitimacy of the Pokemon. If, however, the ROM had been hacked (say, to give wild legendaries with 255 catch rate), then the Pokemon wouldn't be considered legit.
My friend (Master Of Puppets) says if their are letters/numbers in between the brackets on the game card, then it is legit.
is this true?

There aren't any brackets on my legit UK Platinum cartridge, anywhere.

The front has

NintendoDS
Pokemon
Platinum
Version
(Nintendo Seal) The Pokemon Company (CE logo)
(Nintendo Logo)
NTR-CPUP-EUR

and the back has
embossed: (Nintendo logo)
embossed: NTR-005 PAT. PEND.
dot-matrix printed: CPUPN0J22

Of course this is a UK cartridge. A US one will differe. (It won't have the CE logo, for one)

If I actually remember the questions I've wanted to ask here while lurking, do I ask them in a new post or edit them into this one?

EDIT: just thought of one, going to do this until I get an answer. I have never done anything with Shoddy. The last time I battled anyone but the game's AI was on the original Pokémon Stadium (original English one, anyways). If I make any Theorymon posts, will I be dismissed out of hand, or only if I try to pass myself off as an authority (instead of saying something like "To me, it seems like...")?

Q: if Gravity is in play, and Trick Room is used, will the effects of Gravity be removed or will it be combined with the effect of Trick Room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)