Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I'm making a TR team and I was wondering whether D-Nite made a good physical sweeper or a mixed sweeper for it?
It depends on the rest of your team, honestly. I personally would go mixed, so that it has the ability to break walls. It all depends on what you want to do with it.

I just really got into like all competative parts of Pokémon and things, but It's getting annoying getting good Pokémon, the TMs and Items I want. So my question, is it worth it getting an AR for competative battling?

Also, I am almost garunteed to get Pokémon Platinum for Christmas, but I dont know wether I want to play it all the way through, or just use my AR for it.

I just really got into like all competative parts of Pokémon and things, but It's getting annoying getting good Pokémon, the TMs and Items I want. So my question, is it worth it getting an AR for competative battling?

Also, I am almost garunteed to get Pokémon Platinum for Christmas, but I dont know wether I want to play it all the way through, or just use my AR for it.

It depends on what pokemon and TMs your referring to!

If you're getting Platnium, then you can get good TMs such as Shadow Ball and EQ (Earthquake) and items like Choice Band and Leftovers at the Battle Frontier, Arcade at Velistone and the Velistone's department store

If you dont have any of the third gen games like FireRed and Emerald,then the AR may be worth it, but the dont make the pokemon all "super powerful" because that takes the fun out of trying to get the best Pokemon yourself!

Or you can just simply request for the Pokemon you're looking for!

Good luck and good training!:toast:

Now that my TR team is almost done, I was looking for a good special sweeper to cover up a fire weakness...,

I was thinking Vaporeon for her resistance to fire and her massive HP and good SpAtk and SpecDef

But then Heatran came to mind thanks to his good stats and FlashFire...

Thanks to anyone who replies!

Theres specsmence because whenever a salamence is thrown out usually rotom-a(any generic physical wall) is thrown in to take the probable dd/outrage/eq then you can nail it with choice specs dm off 350 sp.ATK

You can be competitive without AR. You can also use AR, and for many purposes - codes to get items, or 100% catch rate, or quickly hatch eggs, or whatever - things that help you, but fall short of cheaply hacking yourself a perfect Pokemon.

Also, don't forget about Shoddy. Use it to test your teams before you commit time to making them on WiFi. It takes some getting used to mind.

Personally I'd play the plot through. There are some differences between Pt and DP (though I'm not fully sure what they are, and anyway I shouldn't spoiler them)

ok

Does lock-on still break through protect / detect even in platinum? No Guard & thunder & blizzard used to in diamond, but not anymore in platinum. So is it the same in platinum (smogon just says the next move always break though protect )

ok

Does lock-on still break through protect / detect even in platinum? No Guard & thunder & blizzard used to in diamond, but not anymore in platinum. So is it the same in platinum (smogon just says the next move always break though protect )
According to Bulbapedia, Lock-On, Mind Reader, and No Guard give moves a (100 - move accuracy)% chance to hit through Protect. Meaning inaccurate moves are paradoxically MORE likely to hit through Protect in this case. But whether that applies to all Gen IV games I don't know.

You can be competitive without AR. You can also use AR, and for many purposes - codes to get items, or 100% catch rate, or quickly hatch eggs, or whatever - things that help you, but fall short of cheaply hacking yourself a perfect Pokemon.

Also, don't forget about Shoddy. Use it to test your teams before you commit time to making them on WiFi. It takes some getting used to mind.

Personally I'd play the plot through. There are some differences between Pt and DP (though I'm not fully sure what they are, and anyway I shouldn't spoiler them)
I already basically know all the plot for Platinum but I will play through it anyway if I get it.

As for the TM's I mean like the 1 time only ones like Trick Room and Explosion. I do have Emerald so I can have almost infinite EQ's, Calm Minds, and w/e the rest of them are on Emerald. PLus I clone Masterballs which helps me alot.

Im running a Hasty Nature Tyranitar and I want to know the amount of Special Atk Ev's needed to ohko 252HP gliscor with Ice Beam

I assume you have Diamond or Pearl. Have you not been able to do the GTS cloning glitch?

What people often do, especially non AR users, is have one game that's their 'main', and another that's 'resettable' - if you need another copy of a TM or item, or want a second go at getting legendaries, you trade everything of worth from your resettable to your main, then start a new game on your resettable. It's possible to blitz through the games fairly quickly.

I assume you have Diamond or Pearl. Have you not been able to do the GTS cloning glitch?

What people often do, especially non AR users, is have one game that's their 'main', and another that's 'resettable' - if you need another copy of a TM or item, or want a second go at getting legendaries, you trade everything of worth from your resettable to your main, then start a new game on your resettable. It's possible to blitz through the games fairly quickly.
I do have Pearl. Whenever I try to GTS clone glitch..well, I've tried and the little clock spins different almost every time. I was thinking that if I get the money, to also get a Diamond copy, so I can like AR on that, or get Shaymin/Darkrai from the tweaking glitch. I never wanted to do it on my Pearl because of that risk of losing the game data.

I was thinking that if I get the money, to also get a Diamond copy, so I can like AR on that, or get Shaymin/Darkrai from the tweaking glitch. I never wanted to do it on my Pearl because of that risk of losing the game data.
If you carry all the necessary items, and follow all the steps, there is absolutely 0% risk of losing game data, because:

- There are only two places you save in the void: Jubilife City after 430 steps north, and Newmoon Island/Seabreak Path.
- Jubilife City can be escaped with Fly, always.
- You can test for a BSoD (Black Screen of Doom) before saving at Newmoon/Seabreak, so you will only save there if it's 100% safe to.
- To test for a BSoD, after reaching Newmoon/Seabreak, open the menu and select Pokedex, then quit out. If the game runs normally, it's safe to save. If the game freezes, then you can reset and end up back at Jubilife and Fly out. The worst possible case, if you take no risks, is wasting 2 hours of time.

If you carry all the necessary items, and follow all the steps, there is absolutely 0% risk of losing game data, because:

- There are only two places you save in the void: Jubilife City after 430 steps north, and Newmoon Island/Seabreak Path.
- Jubilife City can be escaped with Fly, always.
- You can test for a BSoD (Black Screen of Doom) before saving at Newmoon/Seabreak, so you will only save there if it's 100% safe to.
- To test for a BSoD, after reaching Newmoon/Seabreak, open the menu and select Pokedex, then quit out. If the game runs normally, it's safe to save. If the game freezes, then you can reset and end up back at Jubilife and Fly out. The worst possible case, if you take no risks, is wasting 2 hours of time.
Ya, but what would happen to me is "okay.. saving at 450 steps... wait..DON'T save? Crap..."

What is the percent usage of Scizor in Shoddy Battle's Smogon Standard Ladder, and where can I find a list of percent usages for the same? I found the list of total usages, but that's not quite what I'm looking for.

Generally banned. One-hit-knock-out moves are not normally allowed.

The problem I see is if you Spore first, they switch out, and you're not allowed to put another Poke to sleep. If you block first, they'll often get two or three attacks to take out Smeargle. They can also get away with Baton Pass or U-turn, or if they have explosion they'll probably just use it. It might be good for wall-breaking, but against opposing offensive Pokemon Smeargle's probably too frail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)