Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the odds of having a softboiled, seismic toss cute charm clefairy/clefable changing abilities (to magic guard) upon being traded/evolved in the 4th gen?
because i don't want to get stuck with cute charm...

50% upon evolution in the 4th generation. If you Pal Park a Clefable it's stuck with Cute Charm. If you're RNG manipulating you want ability 1.

Is it foolish to have two rest-talkers on the same team? (I'm thinking Cursepert and rest-talk Gyarados).

I know that using these two together means that 1/3 of my team can't touch Vaporeon but these two pokemon counter so many threats that it almost seems worth it.

How do i contact one of the website moderators to tell them that one of their movesets for Dunsparce is imbossible because Dunsparce doesn't ever learn Body Slam?

So I figured out that a Pikachu colored Pichu is just a shiny Pichu except with the whole Cherish Ball and whatnot, so I'll probably just evolve it because I think Raich is pretty cool. But I'm still wondering what happens if you try to evolve a Spiky Eared Pichu, anybody know?

Is it foolish to have two rest-talkers on the same team? (I'm thinking Cursepert and rest-talk Gyarados).

I know that using these two together means that 1/3 of my team can't touch Vaporeon but these two pokemon counter so many threats that it almost seems worth it.
If it helps your team, then no. There's nothing wrong with hacing two sleep talkers if they're helping you team, but you should be aware of the disadvantages.

So I figured out that a Pikachu colored Pichu is just a shiny Pichu except with the whole Cherish Ball and whatnot, so I'll probably just evolve it because I think Raich is pretty cool. But I'm still wondering what happens if you try to evolve a Spiky Eared Pichu, anybody know?
I don't think you can evolve it.

Thanks to everyone who is answering my questions, trying not to make useless posts. But new question time, and the subject is Wobbuffet. What is the best Nature to use with a Wobbuffet? I'm guessing it would be -Atk +SpDef or +Def? And if you and your opponent only have one Pokémon each and you use Destiny Bond to take them out by fainting, do you win? It seems that in my Platinum, every time there is a double knock out in that situation that I lose

If Manaphy is voted Uber, what happens? Do we need a stage 3-4 to retest it or do we get to move on to clauses?

Thanks to everyone who is answering my questions, trying not to make useless posts. But new question time, and the subject is Wobbuffet. What is the best Nature to use with a Wobbuffet? I'm guessing it would be -Atk +SpDef or +Def? And if you and your opponent only have one Pokémon each and you use Destiny Bond to take them out by fainting, do you win? It seems that in my Platinum, every time there is a double knock out in that situation that I lose
The in-game handles it that any time there is a double-KO is the player's loss. In the Wifi, it treats it as a draw, I believe. And yes, those are the natures you would use.

haunter

Banned deucer.
If Manaphy is voted Uber, what happens? Do we need a stage 3-4 to retest it or do we get to move on to clauses?
It needs to be voted uber twice in a row by a simple majority, so unless it gets voted uber by a supermajority this round (or OU), we'll have stage 3-4.

Not a Pokemon question:

What do all the different ?Ops mean here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66616
(QOps, SOps, HOps, VOps)

I've only ever heard of voice, ordinary channel ops, and IRCops.
#stark leaders: Those 3 choose who permanently gets status.

Like it says in that thread, they are given to people who actively contribute for good discussion. QOp is the owner of the channel. SOp is a super op, HOp is a Half Op. VOp is a voiced user.

How do i contact one of the website moderators to tell them that one of their movesets for Dunsparce is imbossible because Dunsparce doesn't ever learn Body Slam?
If it makes it into an analysis, it's possible. Otherwise, someone would have pointed it out long before it got there.

O.K, so i'm practically IN LOVE with the new Origin Giratina Startegy, the Mixed Attacking Spinblocker.

Two problems though, One finding one with a Naive Nature and Hidden Power Fire. Second, finding a way to teach it Shadow Sneak it gaining Exp through battle, thus ruining the whole E.V training plan.

Plus, it only learns Shadow Sneak in Hg/Ss.

Can someone pelase tell me how I can get this great Pokemon without having to give up any of it's good sides, like attacks and E.V points?

Quick question, is there an easy way to calculate the IVs of a level 1? Or am I going to have to just do a level 100s battle with my roommate to find them?

Yes I have searched around and even tried the calculator on Serebii, but it keeps returning red values, meaning it does not like my numbers, therefore putting out bad results

Thoughts or Suggestions?

Quick question, is there an easy way to calculate the IVs of a level 1? Or am I going to have to just do a level 100s battle with my roommate to find them?

Yes I have searched around and even tried the calculator on Serebii, but it keeps returning red values, meaning it does not like my numbers, therefore putting out bad results

Thoughts or Suggestions?
Try using Metalkid's IV calculator? If you have a few rare candies(about 10 or so) then you can get a pretty good idea of the IVs of a level 1 mon.

Edit - Vormund, some lvl1 babies can have 11 or 12 hp, and 6 or 7 speed, etc, so you can easily pick off the "20-31" IV ones from the "0-19" bunch. For more accuracy you definitely need ~8-10 Rare Candies and metalkid's calculator, though.

------ question ------

I know this isn't enough info, but in a team based around Sp. Defensive Tyranitar + Defensive Gliscor (to abuse sand veil and the fact that they cover for each other quite nicely), what would be a good lead? Right now I'm torn between Taunt/Rocks/Psy/Explosion Azelf and Tyranitar itself with Rocks +3 attacks, but I want to find out what lead can support the duo the best. I'm also considering Roserade for Toxic Spikes support, but I prefer a lead that sets up SRock and/or Spikes (or both).

Thanks, I hope my question isn't too vague...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)