Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the European release of HG/SS is going to include the Slot Machines? They were removed from Platinum because PEGI (game raters) would have increased the game's rating otherwise, but maybe they'll have changed their mind?

Wait, there are no slot machines in any releases? Why else would I go to the game parlor place if I can't play the slots...

Wait, there are no slot machines in any releases? Why else would I go to the game parlor place if I can't play the slots...
The American version should have the slots, since the American games rating board is different. In European Platinum they're replace by 'Game machines', which just produce a message saying "It's a game machine" and sometimes randomly "You found some coins". You can still buy coins to exchange for the prizes. But you can't actually gamble the coins in any way.

Would Species Clause stop me from using Porygon2 and Porygon-Z on the same team?
No, Porygon2 and Porygon-Z are not the same species of Pokemon.

Does anyone know if the European release of HG/SS is going to include the Slot Machines? They were removed from Platinum because PEGI (game raters) would have increased the game's rating otherwise, but maybe they'll have changed their mind?
Nope. The slots are going to be removed from all non-Japanese versions of HG/SS:
http://www.serebii.net/archive/February-2010.shtml
(Toward's the bottom of the page, under the "Tuesday: EXCLUSIVE - HeartGold & SoulSilver US Names" update):
Finally, the final bit of information is in regards to the Game Corner. The Game Corner has changed in all regions outside of Japan. Instead of the slot machines, they have added a minigame called Voltorb Flip. This game is reminiscent of games such as minesweeper where you have to flip tiles and you get a variety of bonuses of multipliers (x1, x2 & x3). However, in addition to that, you may also find Voltorbs which are placed randomly in each set. You get shown how many Voltorbs are in each row and column and your task is to get the multipliers and not hit any Voltorb tiles. As you progress without hitting Voltorbs, the levels get harder, more Voltorb tiles appear and the higher coin multipliers become more abundant. If you keep hitting Voltorbs, you will end up back at the bottom level.
Bulbapedia has a page about it too:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Voltorb_Flip

okay, i have a question about the power of hidden powers.
(assuming 0 ivs, 0evs, nuetral natures)
would a flamethrower from magmortar do more damger to torterra than hp ice?
then the sam e Q, only w/ fireblast.
thanks in advance

It says in my guidebook that uproar hit a random opponent does that mean in double battle it has a chance of hitting your ally?

Flamethrower will have 285 EBP (Effective Base Power, taking into account STAB and type effectiveness). Hidden Power Ice will have 280 EBP maximum. Fire Blast has 360 EBP.

Also, you said 0 ivs - but hidden power depends on IVs.

EDIT: 'Random opponent' means just that. Uproar will not hit the ally. (It will stop it falling asleep though; about the only reason to use Uproar is for the side-effect)

Question! I'm thinking about EV training a Drapion now, but I can't even bother with getting a perfect Skorupi because I suck at that stuff. But either way, I want it to be a physical-attacking Acupressure using tank just about. So pretty high Defense and Special Defense but also good Attack. This is all I got so far:
Drapion @ Black Sludge
Adamant nature (I suppose)
(EVs)
-Acupressure
-Crunch?
-Poison Jab?
-?
Thanks in advance! (Oh and sorry if this post should go somewhere else, I'll move it there if so)
I rechecked the Analysis and there is a grand total of 0 Acupressure sets for the record, and I'm already trying to work on a team to go with this, but obviously this isn't the best place, so where should I move this?

If you're looking for team building help, then this is the right place.
If someone could take the time out of their day to help me out with Drapion first, then I'll figure out the team to go with it, (Probably 3 Pokémon team,) I would be very grateful.

Does anyone know how EV-enhancing items affect the way IVs are passed from the parents to the babies in HG/SS ? Does it count as one of the three IVs that may be inherited, or is it a bonus and the baby can inherit another three of his parent's IVs ?

Fill HP first. After that it depends (as it always does) on whether you think you can avoid taking hard hits on the side you don't invest in. Sableye's defenses are mediocre, so you may want to focus on one side to avoid dying too easily.

Can someone do this equation and see what answer you get, I've gotten the answer 60 both times I've solved it.

(((45+0) x 2+0) x 5/100) +15

Thanks.

Can someone do this equation and see what answer you get, I've gotten the answer 60 both times I've solved it.

(((45+0) x 2+0) x 5/100) +15

Thanks.
(EDIT) It's 19.5. (Sorry, computer calculator did it off so I pulled out graphing calculator which worked)

And Champloo, the Gamestop Pichu isn't available any more but either way, everything is set for it when you download it except for the IVs so I guess you could but it will always have the same Nature and whatnot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)