Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In OU, probably Earth Power, because most of the steel types are Steel/<resistant to fighting>, so Earth Power would be better.
mmm i see ok thanks
though...aura sphere can be better for tyranitar (i'm sure there are more but this is the one that i can think of for now)...though that's only one :/

Is there a list for usage percentage of pokemon for the month of February? I would assume March would be released soon, but January is the latest I can find, and I'd probably want a more up to date set of statistics to help with team building.

Due to logs being lost during the server move, February stats are unavailable ;_; Sorry!

Is it worth it to give her a special attacking move when her sp.atk is under 190?
You can... It doesn't have enough special attack to OHKO Scizor with Flamethrower, but has enough to OHKO Salamence with Ice Beam + SR. If you're using Blissey you're probably using stallier teams, so you'll need Spikes as well as Stealth Rock, anyway. Just use what you need to for your own team's needs.

is there a way to turn off the voice chat when trading or battling wifi in heartgold?
Try hitting X or Y in the lobby, I forget which one it is...

I have a question about the pokewalker.I got HGSS on day one, but never really bothered to check it out or learn much about it. Is there any 'danger' to putting my pokemon on it? I don't want to loose my EV trained pokemon, or screw up their stat growth or anything.

I read this on Bulbapedia, and I would like some clarification.
Replacing the battery
The Pokéwalker uses a CR 2032 3V watch battery. Removing the battery will cause all steps taken and watts obtained to be cleared. The Pokémon inside will not be erased.
Does that mean Watts and steps on the Pokéwalker at the time or all of your collective Watts and steps?

And do Kabuto Mushi, there is no risk to putting a Pokémon on your Pokéwalker, if you lose it, you can still get it back without using your Pokéwalker

Edit: here is the troubleshooting section on the Bulbapedia page, hope it helps
Returning a Pokémon
A Pokémon can be restored to the game it was taken from if a Pokéwalker is lost or broken by pressing the following buttons at the Pokéwalker connection screen:

Press and hold Up, Select, and R
Resetting a Pokéwalker
At the Pokéwalker connection screen:

Press and hold Down, X, and L
Replacing the battery
The Pokéwalker uses a CR 2032 3V watch battery. Removing the battery will cause all steps taken and watts obtained to be cleared. The Pokémon inside will not be erased.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
I assume it would be the collected watts and steps on the Pokewalker, aka the 7 days steps counter on your Pokewalker along with the current watts on the Pokewalker. The other data is saved on the game cartridge.

How come Ice and Electric would both be amazing STABs in Ubers, yet no Ice or Electric-type Pokemon is very commonly used in Ubers?

I have a male charmander with flamethrower and a male bagon with dragon dance and a ditto. All I can seem to do is breed in one or the other. how do I breed in both?

Also, I have a male corsola with recover and earthquake and a female lileep to breed both those moves into, but can only get recover to cross over. why?

sorry for bad format, posting from phone

Due to logs being lost during the server move, February stats are unavailable ;_; Sorry!

You can... It doesn't have enough special attack to OHKO Scizor with Flamethrower, but has enough to OHKO Salamence with Ice Beam + SR. If you're using Blissey you're probably using stallier teams, so you'll need Spikes as well as Stealth Rock, anyway. Just use what you need to for your own team's needs.
Ugh, that's terrible! Since I am using Latias and another pokemon with Ice Beam, would Flamethrower be worth it to 2KO Scizor, or would I just be better off with toxic?

I was informed that Platinum ,heartgold, and soul silver has an npc who is capable of checking IVS,Does anyone know where I can find him in heartgold or soul silver.

I have a male charmander with flamethrower and a male bagon with dragon dance and a ditto. All I can seem to do is breed in one or the other. how do I breed in both?

Also, I have a male corsola with recover and earthquake and a female lileep to breed both those moves into, but can only get recover to cross over. why?

sorry for bad format, posting from phone
For your first question, I'm assuming you want a DD/Flamethrower Charmander. In that case, get a female one and then breed it with the Bagon, then have it learn Flamethrower as it levels up (or use the TM if you're impatient. Better yet, use the TM on Bagon so all the Charmander hatchlings get it).

As for the second one, it's simple: Lileep can't learn EQ. It's like you're expecting to get a Flying Charmander from a Charizard with Fly.

I was informed that Platinum ,heartgold, and soul silver has an npc who is capable of checking IVS,Does anyone know where I can find him in heartgold or soul silver.
In the Battle Tower, near the PC, the same as Platinum.

Hello everyone xD! I've been a lurker for a couple of weeks now and I want to get involved in competing in standard pokemon play. :]

MY questions:

Does the RNG work with HGSS?

Can someone explain how to work the RNG in a more nooby manner? (I've read the guides many times and still feel a little lost).

Those are my questions for now xD
RE-posted :]

Shadow Claw Vs Shadow Force, 1 on 1.

Seems a bit long-winded for this thread but I've been asked to put it here so here goes...

Shadow Claw Vs Shadow Force, 1 on 1?

A lot of you are probably already saying Shadow Claw with regards to an Extreme Killer Arceus but I personally like to keep a set for pure 1 on 1 ownage. Yes, I know it's not the most practical thing but I find it fun. Anyways, when switching out isn't possible, the gap between the two moves is a lot smaller.

So, let's assume it's 1 on 1 and you're using an Extreme Killer, which move would you choose?

It seems to me that in this 1 on 1 situation Shadow Force would guarantee you the win against a Physical Ghost Arceus (which is otherwise pretty much luck of the draw correct?). It would 2 hit KO it, making its speed advantage pointless. However Shadow Claw still guarantees a 3 hit KO and the Ghost Arceus isn't guaranteed to take you out with 3 Brick Breaks. When you factor in Shadow Claw's higher critical chance it seems like it'd be almost as good a choice as Shadow Force would overall.

If you're unlucky enough to come up against a Lugia you could Swords Dance and then smash it with a Shadow Force, pretty much guaranteeing a 1 hit KO (98.something%?) but, alternatively, Swords Dance Shadow Claws would force it into repeated Roosts until it ran out of PP or take it in 2. That's not even taking into account the chance of Crit-ing it before Roost runs out. Both moves equal here for a 1 on 1?

Finally, Giratina. Here you're pretty much ****ed without criticals right? Even a Swords Danced Shadow Force would be walled by Rest and that's not even taking into account Will-O-Wisp. However I'm thinking that Shadow Claw is probably the best bet as you'd get more attempts at that crit.

I'm mainly looking for some confirmation on these calculations and I know there's loads of people out there who know tons more than I do about this stuff so you can probably correct me on some things. Oh and it doesn't need to be limited to these 3 Pokemon, I was just using them as examples of some of the biggest problems you'd encounter.

So yeah, like I said before, you're not gonna get into 1 on 1 matches very often but I'd still appreciate some help in working this one out :P

A few things work well with Expert Belt. Scizor can use Iron Plate over Life Orb if the LO recoil annoys you. Various Pokemon use Sub+pinch berry sets. Marowak has Thick Club, Pikachu Light Ball, and Uber Lati@s Soul Dew.

I have a breeding question and lost my place somewhere around page 60 of this thread.

Now on Serebii it says using the Power items let you pass that Stat IV to your offspring. Which you can effectively pass on 2 set IVs to your offspring. I have been breeding and I have found that using Power Items, that this is not always true.

I had a Charizard with 30 IV HP and 31 IV ATK and bred it with a female Bagon with 31 IV Sp.ATK and SP.DEF. I attached a Power Weight to my Charizard and a Power Band to my Bagon. Now 30 IV Hp and 31 IV SP.DEF should have passed to the baby. I had 6 eggs and 5 of them had the 30 IV HP and 3 had the 31 IV SP.DEF. So this would put it at 50% that the 30 IV HP and 31 IV Sp.DEF passed to my offspring.

Right now my question, is Serebii wrong with this information that the Power Items force the IVs to pass?

This is driving me nuts since I have been breeding Bagon, Dratini, and Beldum and none of the IVs are passing with the Power Items like Serebii stated.

I think Serebii is wrong - the inheritance from Power Items is probabilistic. And I'm not sure if you can pass on both.

This is a really stupid question that I should probably know the answer to: If you set up a timed event eg Rain, Gravity, trick room etc does the number of turns they last include the set up turn? Eg if I set up gravity do I then only get four turns to attack with it as I used up one turn setting up?

It's a Scientist/Super Nerd in the top right hand corner of the battle tower. He doesn't check all your ivs but just tells you your rough overall total and best ivs

This is a really stupid question that I should probably know the answer to: If you set up a timed event eg Rain, Gravity, trick room etc does the number of turns they last include the set up turn? Eg if I set up gravity do I then only get four turns to attack with it as I used up one turn setting up?
Yes, at the end of the first turn it says something like "Rain continues to fall." and that counts as the first turn. This is why Tailwind sucks since you only get one turn to use it if you switched out on the second turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)