Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone confirm Disable's interaction with Pokémon locked into one move?

Two examples would be disabling a choiced/encored poké, or a taunted poké with only one damaging move.

I think the target would be forced to use struggle till disable ends.

Can someone confirm Disable's interaction with Pokémon locked into one move?

Two examples would be disabling a choiced/encored poké, or a taunted poké with only one damaging move.

I think the target would be forced to use struggle till disable ends.
Yes, the Pokémon would be forced into Struggle. As a extra tidbit of information, a Pokémon locked into one move who is Tormented will use Struggle every other turn.

I am preparing for the battle hall challenges.
Is Gallade (CB) a good choice?

Oh I also know you can use different movesets. which is a good pok to make it an advantage?

Need a few Pokemon that can take on this team: Azelf, Breloom, Vaporeon, Electivire, Weavile, Salamence. Breloom is the most annoying Pokemon in his team and I always lose to it. Everything else I have a way of dealing with.

Need a few Pokemon that can take on this team: Azelf, Breloom, Vaporeon, Electivire, Weavile, Salamence. Breloom is the most annoying Pokemon in his team and I always lose to it. Everything else I have a way of dealing with.
Someone with Vital Spirit/Insomnia should be able to counter Breloom quite easily, I would think.

The analysis suggests Honchkrow (bad against this team) and Hypno.

How about a Sleep Talker? I'd like the idea of Sleep Talk Milotic (who gets a Def. boost from being asleep), but it will get walled by Vaporeon and won't fare too well against many of the others.

Someone with Vital Spirit/Insomnia should be able to counter Breloom quite easily, I would think.

The analysis suggests Honchkrow (bad against this team) and Hypno.

How about a Sleep Talker? I'd like the idea of Sleep Talk Milotic (who gets a Def. boost from being asleep), but it will get walled by Vaporeon and won't fare too well against many of the others.
Breloom still beats all of those mentioned above. Honchkrow dies to Focus Punch while Hypno will get Leech Seeded and stalled to death. Milotic will also get Leech Seeded and lose.

Ford: Thanks that helped a lot.

kingdra22: Cloning in D/P involves using the GTS. I suggest for your first few tries, choose pokemon that you wouldn't mind losing in case you mistakes.

When you connect to the GTS via wifi, you have to first select the pokemon that you want to clone. Next, when choosing the criteria for the pokemon "to be recieved," try picking pokemon that would be near impossible or prove to be a waste of time to get without Action Replay, like a Lv. 9 Abomasnow. Be sure to specify all the characteristics, including gender. I personally had luck with lv 100 Abra in my cloning, though I do recall actually getting one when I messed up one time :(. But that's only once out of the 40+ times I've done it.

Here comes the crucial part.

After finishing selecting the criteria for your "wanted" pokemon, look at the clock with the rotating dial on the right side of the text box and keep track of how many times it spins around. It's important to pay attention b/c the goal here is to shut the game off at the point right before the game connects to Nintendo wifi to put the pokemon you want to clone up for trade. This happens typically after the 7th spin when the clockhand reaches the "quarter to" position (think 7:45), though this can vary depending on how close you are to the router, if you have interference like walls or ceilings, etc.

I would advise that before you try to clone, deposit the pokemon first and count how many times the clock spins before it sends your pokemon away and proceed to retrieve it afterwards. Also, a trick that I learned to know when to shut off the game is to look at your router, if you are able to, and keep an eye on the Internet/Wireless lights while you 're cloning. The lights tend to start flashing rapidly when the DS is just about to send off your pokemon, so when you see any form of flashing after the 7th spin, immediately turn off your DS.

Then, turn it back on, and enter the game. A sign that you did it right is if you see a blue screen saying along the lines of "The file has become corrupted. A previous save will be loaded" (Don't remember the exact wording). After pressing A at the continue screen, you should be either at the front desk, or coming out of the GTS if you received a pokemon before cloning. Now get back on Wifi, and see what happens. If takes a bit longer than usual for the GTS to check your status and you see "Summary" instead of "Deposit Pokemon," then congratulations on your newly cloned pokemon. If you just see "Deposit Pokemon," then just try again. At least you still have the original pokemon.

However, if you didn't see the blue screen at all, then try to get into the game world and back into wifi to retrieve your Pokemon. I tend to think of it this way: generally, the longer it takes for you to get back on wifi, the more chances you're giving to other people to either catch you're request to trade, or use their AR to generate that pokemon to trade.

There's a video on youtube I watched that helped me a bit when I tried it for the first time. You can try searching it to see what you find.

Okay, so I have a Selfdestruct Snorlax from the Pokewalker... is it possible to breed that move onto a baby, or will I have to use this one with (presumably) lame IVs to have that move on it?

Also, can a Soul Dew Lati@s essentially get a +7 SpA/SpD boost after 6 Calm Minds?

Okay, so I have a Selfdestruct Snorlax from the Pokewalker... is it possible to breed that move onto a baby, or will I have to use this one with (presumably) lame IVs to have that move on it?
People say no. You can always try to catch a better one...

Also, can a Soul Dew Lati@s essentially get a +7 SpA/SpD boost after 6 Calm Minds?
Pretty sure +6 (400% of original) is a hard-coded limit in the games.

Soul Dew's Special Attack boost is distinct from stat stage increases such as Calm Mind. That means that they can occur together even if the total boost to Special Attack would be greater than 400%.

A baby Pokemon can inherit only egg moves, moves it could learn by leveling up, and moves that it could learn by a TM or HM. Snorlax's Selfdestruct belongs in none of these three categories, so a baby Snorlax or Munchlax can't inherit Selfdestruct.

Do the Platinum Elite Four repeatedly. (If a Pokémon's too low level, give it an Exp Share and go through the Elite Four with a team of other good Pokémon, until it catches up to them.) You can use a Lucky Egg if you have one to boost experience once a Pokémon's powerful enough to compete in its own right.

Do the Platinum Elite Four repeatedly. (If a Pokémon's too low level, give it an Exp Share and go through the Elite Four with a team of other good Pokémon, until it catches up to them.) You can use a Lucky Egg if you have one to boost experience once a Pokémon's powerful enough to compete in its own right.
Platinum E4? Why not the SS E4? Considering they're higher level.

PhredLevi: Not really. Let's say my Mew (I dunno, just choosing one) got 5 hits with the 10-base-power move Bullet Seed on another Mew. That does 40-50 damage. If Mew used an attack with 50 Base Power, it would do 37-44 damage. There's a slight difference thanks to the damage formula.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)